As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX EAST 2019 BADGES LIVE

2»

• iltailta Registered User regular
    Interesting redesign!

• MephistoN7MephistoN7 Sexual Tyrannosaurus Keene, NHRegistered User regular
    I'm... going to allow this.

erdub14zr3u2.png

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    The bobcats are coming, the bobcats are coming!

• havok978havok978 Baltimore, MdRegistered User regular
    Well that's certainly a badge design

XyqJPIp.png
  • AlhanalemAlhanalem Registered User regular
    I like how much easier it's gotten to get in since they got rid of the multi-day passes. Sat sells out exactly like multi-days did before, but at least any other day is basically fair game for anyone.

Why are only international people allowed to use Will Call? Is this just some scheme to to add shipping to the cost of the badge or is there a real reason?

(Also, I see that some days are still not sold out, can people buy passes at the door on those days?

Alhanalem wrote: »
    Why are only international people allowed to use Will Call? Is this just some scheme to to add shipping to the cost of the badge or is there a real reason?

(Also, I see that some days are still not sold out, can people buy passes at the door on those days?

They probably don’t want 40,000 people all trying to pick up their badges at once.

And yes, they sell passes at the event, if they haven’t yet sold out.

There is a cut-off date after which buying online will push your badges to will call instead of shipping them. They don't make any money on shipping the badges, they ship the badges specifically so that they don't need to handle the infrastructure of everyone picking up their badges on-site.

zerzhul wrote: »

There is a cut-off date after which buying online will push your badges to will call instead of shipping them. They don't make any money on shipping the badges, they ship the badges specifically so that they don't need to handle the infrastructure of everyone picking up their badges on-site.
    Idk, I'm pretty sure that those flat rate envelopes don't cost as much as the shipping charge was, but I could be mistaken.

edited March 2019
    I think if PAX wanted to just charge more, they'd do that, instead of hiding it behind a "fee". Also when shipping so many items, there's more cost than just the raw postage. They specifically do not want to have everyone need to do will-call, which is why they are shipped to most US purchasers.

zerzhul on
  • jayh0vajayh0va Registered User regular
    My badgers have taken quite the journey!
    y6ewiqn4qavm.png

npyymaqh3gup.png
  • ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    Who do I contact about giving the wrong email address on my purchase so now I can’t get any updates :( ?

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
    ishtra wrote: »
    Who do I contact about giving the wrong email address on my purchase so now I can’t get any updates :( ?
    pax_questions@paxsite.com

jayh0va wrote: »
    My badgers have taken quite the journey!
    y6ewiqn4qavm.png

It looks like they swapped your tracking number with a tracking chip in a deer.

erdub14zr3u2.png

• jayh0vajayh0va Registered User regular
    MephistoN7 wrote: »
    It looks like they swapped your tracking number with a tracking chip in a deer.

HAHA. They made it. Eventually :D

npyymaqh3gup.png
    So instead of getting Thurs-Sun and a BYOC, I've somehow ended up with two Fridays, two BYOCs, and a Sunday. I bought the Saturday through the resale last week, so I figure that's probably still coming soon, but I'm curious how Thursday became an extra Fri and BYOC...

XyqJPIp.png
    havok978 wrote: »
    So instead of getting Thurs-Sun and a BYOC, I've somehow ended up with two Fridays, two BYOCs, and a Sunday. I bought the Saturday through the resale last week, so I figure that's probably still coming soon, but I'm curious how Thursday became an extra Fri and BYOC...
    make sure you email pax_questions@paxsite.com
    hopefully they can fix it.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    So uh

I'm guessing badges don't reopen at this point, right?

My partner won a full badge for PAX East... but just one, which is very depressing because she is not comfortable going alone and I'm pretty sure at this point it's impossible for me to join her

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    I would not expect any badge sales to re-open at this point. Any days that are not sold out *might* be sold at the door, but I don't have information on that for certain.

edited March 2019
    I would not expect any badge sales to re-open at this point. Any days that are not sold out *might* be sold at the door, but I don't have information on that for certain.

in a recent email they said that badges (for non-sold out dates) would be available for sale at the door, but at a higher price.

I'd say that you should pick up the badges that you can, and look on ebay, craigslist, or reddit for those days that are sold out. There are always folks trying to offload a badge. The Reddit PaxPassExchange is a particularly good place to check out, because they don't let people sell badges for more than a $5/badge premium. Though supply may be a bit constrained. Good luck!

ilta on
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    ilta wrote: »

in a recent email they said that badges (for non-sold out dates) would be available for sale at the door, but at a higher price.

I'd say that you should pick up the badges that you can, and look on ebay, craigslist, or reddit for those days that are sold out. There are always folks trying to offload a badge. The Reddit PaxPassExchange is a particularly good place to check out, because they don't let people sell badges for more than a $5/badge premium. Though supply may be a bit constrained. Good luck!

Ok, thank you both for the info. We've never been to PAX so she was super excited when she won and then super bummed that I wouldn't be able to go since it looks like Fri and Sat are both sold out, leaving us kinda stuck

I'll check out that reddit page

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    It came down to the wire, but my Saturday and Thursday badges finally showed up. I was starting to get a bit worried.

XyqJPIp.png
    Figured this was the best place to post it, but according to the FFXIV Lodestone it looks like the lanyards will be for them again this year.

btzjzdqmp2mn.png

erdub14zr3u2.png

• LejicLejic Registered User regular
    ilta wrote: »

Ok, thank you both for the info. We've never been to PAX so she was super excited when she won and then super bummed that I wouldn't be able to go since it looks like Fri and Sat are both sold out, leaving us kinda stuck

I'll check out that reddit page

Seconding reddit pax pass exchange. I haven't seen a PAX yet where at least one person couldn't make some/all of the days for whatever reason and "failed" to sell on there. That's the thing about selling tickets this far in advance - things come up, people need to bail.

Also not sure if you were planning on taking time off, but Thursday's a great day, and I actually quite like Sundays too, although of course they're shorter.