As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mechanical Keyboards] Clickity Clack! We build them ourselves now!

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Radiation wrote: »
    Shame they only offer those with hella ugly key-caps (more power to you if you like them, give me basic ass fonts)
    More this please, no lights, cheap, and basic looking:
    71wpIMTwroL._SL1500_.jpg

My daughter picked up a white one of those. Also with Blue LEDs. We kinda like it. Though I am going to make a few wooden keycaps for her so we can add some more color to it.

If I hadn't JUST got this corsair it would probably be a contender. Haven't typed on anything but reds yet though, and my partner is noise sensitive so I'm wary of bringing home a brown or heaven forbid a blue in case I like it.

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Those two exposed screws on the top corners though?

Is it a brand new 2019 computer keyboard or a 1976 Freightliner truck dashboard?

Hey I like those!

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    Thawmus wrote: »
    Those two exposed screws on the top corners though?

Is it a brand new 2019 computer keyboard or a 1976 Freightliner truck dashboard?

Hey I like those!

I would like all screws flush but exposed so I can pretend I'll open it one day.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    yeah at first I was a little worried about the raised keys on my k70 due to grime buildup... but it builds up in more standard types of layouts anyway and it turns out the raids keys are a lot easier to clean

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Shame they only offer those with hella ugly key-caps (more power to you if you like them, give me basic ass fonts)
    71wpIMTwroL._SL1500_.jpg

My daughter picked up a white one of those. Also with Blue LEDs. We kinda like it. Though I am going to make a few wooden keycaps for her so we can add some more color to it.

If I hadn't JUST got this corsair it would probably be a contender. Haven't typed on anything but reds yet though, and my partner is noise sensitive so I'm wary of bringing home a brown or heaven forbid a blue in case I like it.

You could put o-rings on Browns and be fine.

• Options
    Mugsley wrote: »
    71wpIMTwroL._SL1500_.jpg

You are both correct and probably talking about more work than I wanted to do for a first trial board.

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    71wpIMTwroL._SL1500_.jpg

yea our home office keyboard has browns with o-rings. it is next to our bedroom and my wife goes to bed before I do and I stay up on the computer.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    71wpIMTwroL._SL1500_.jpg

You are both correct and probably talking about more work than I wanted to do for a first trial board.

We put o rings on her keyboard. I think we did it over two days and it wasn't too bad.

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular
    Blues aren't that loud unless you guys work in morgues or something. I feel like a large percentage of keyboard noise is from the keycaps anyways.

• Options
    71wpIMTwroL._SL1500_.jpg

We put o rings on her keyboard. I think we did it over two days and it wasn't too bad.

Yea, it doesn't take all that long.. I did mine in maybe an hour

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Just remember to either take one keycap off at a time or take a picture of the keyboard before you start!

• Options
    edited March 2019
    If you can't put it back together from memory and/or holding your hands out in front of you and trying to use muscle memory then you aren't typing enough!

Also an endorsement of blank keycaps then it doesn't matter.

ChaosHat on
  • Options
    If I were to do an all wood keycap set I'd likely to blank just to reduce machine time.

• Options
    So uh...now that I have dampners on the keys... The spacebar is still rather loud, and it's (as far as I can tell) because to keep it straight, there are two not actually switches to the left and the right of the real switch. These move up and down with the spacebar, and when they come UP they clack, in a way that the dampners aren't affecting. Anything I could do to mod this? I'm tempted to just bypass them, but am a bit afraid that the spacebar would wobble and over time torque and snap its real switch post.

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Those are called stabilizers, and you for sure need them on the space bars (and on other long keys, like Shift, ANSI Enter, and so on). I've never seen any mention of how to silence them, but a quick search just now suggested putting some plastic-safe lubricant on the spot where the pieces hit each other. I'm a bit skeptical that this will actually accomplish anything, but I suppose you could try?

EDIT: Maybe the folks at r/mechanicalkeyboards can help? https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/b060en/rmechanicalkeyboards_ask_any_question_get_an/ It's a very knowledgeable and newbie-friendly community.

Delduwath on
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
  • Options
    could you glue a dampner on it with like rubber cement or something.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    mts wrote: »

I was thinking you could use some double-sided tape that has the small amount of white foam between the two adhesive layers

• Options
    mts wrote: »

I was thinking you could use some double-sided tape that has the small amount of white foam between the two adhesive layers

So the suggestion for Reddit was good and got me a post where they clip the stabilizer posts, lube the bar and use a bandaid to deaden the fall of what's left but sadly this keyboard really isn't made to come apart. I can see two screws and the rest are probably under keycaps. For now I'm going to see if we can deal with what is basically just spacebar noise. Obviously spacebar jumps and puts spaces between words however. So....this may just lead to a new ducky keyboard and the Corsair going to work. Though I am super loath to lose this nice knurled wheel for volume. My real ideal is a quiet 10 keyless and a nice numpad for work I realize. Or even a shitty numpad, frankly.

• Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    So my old Razer Black Widow from 2011 was seeing it's age. Or I was. It was starting to feel fairly uncomfortable to use in some cases, despite holding up pretty well over the years. So on an impulse today I went out and grabbed a Logitech G513 Carbon.

Only a couple hours in using it right now, but I can say it feels amazing so far. Mine came with the Clickly Blues (which was mildly unfortunate because I was going to get something quieter, but the Tactiles were only available on the G413 Silver, and I disliked the color). The keys I got pretty closely match the Cherry Blues from my old Black Widow, so the key feel has been near seamless. I'm absolutely loving the raised layout so far, and in addition the included wrist guard feels very high quality. I don't know how it will hold up over time, but it may actually weigh more than the keyboard itself.

If I have one, single, solitary complaint so far it is this: It weirdly does not have a numlock light. Which is like, the minorest of quibbles so far.

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    After being disappointed with the Cooler Master SK 630's switches (I guess Cherry Brown just isn't for me), but really liking everything else about it before I returned it, I pulled the trigger on their MK 730, which has (full size) Cherry MX Blue switches in the "tenkeyless" configuration, after a particularly disappointing day at work.

Should come in tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it, even with the very mild annoyance of running Cooler Master's software in the background (really, you don't need to if you don't care about RGB configuration that much). It'll be interesting to see how much difference I find between the Kalih Blue swiches I'm used to, and the actual Cherry MX Blue that they copied.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »
    After being disappointed with the Cooler Master SK 630's switches (I guess Cherry just isn't for me), but really liking everything else about it before I returned it, I pulled the trigger on their MK 730, which has (full size) Cherry MX Blue switches in the "tenkeyless" configuration, after a particularly disappointing day at work.

Should come in tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it, even with the very mild annoyance of running Cooler Master's software in the background (really, you don't need to if you don't care about RGB configuration that much). It'll be interesting to see how much difference I find between the Kalih Blue swiches I'm used to, and the actual Cherry MX Blue that they copied.

You can configure the lighting, including mode and color, without the software.

• Options
    LD50 wrote: »
    After being disappointed with the Cooler Master SK 630's switches (I guess Cherry just isn't for me), but really liking everything else about it before I returned it, I pulled the trigger on their MK 730, which has (full size) Cherry MX Blue switches in the "tenkeyless" configuration, after a particularly disappointing day at work.

True, so you're not even limited to that. In retrospect, my current HAVIT has the same functionality (and an absurd number of RGB controls integrated, in lieu of proper media controls). I'll probably install it anyway, since I'll uninstall the HAVIT software if I make the switch.

Not really feeling the purple-colored optional keycaps (for W,A,S,D, and the like), but it's nice that they included them (if I like the idea, I could always buy some that aren't purple).

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular

True, so you're not even limited to that. In retrospect, my current HAVIT has the same functionality (and an absurd number of RGB controls integrated, in lieu of proper media controls). I'll probably install it anyway, since I'll uninstall the HAVIT software if I make the switch.

Not really feeling the purple-colored optional keycaps (for W,A,S,D, and the like), but it's nice that they included them (if I like the idea, I could always buy some that aren't purple).

I use a 10-key having coolermaster of the same formfactor but with gateron reds at work, and I love it. The keyboard has media controls also, although you need to use the coolermaster key + another key to use them.

I liked the keyboard enough that I bought another one for home use.

• Options
    If any of you are interested, DUCKY ONE 2 Minis are in stock and on a decent sale at www.mechanicalkeyboards.com

• Options
    I love my ducky shine. its the bee's knees

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    The Ducky Shine 3 I picked up forever ago is still an absolute champ; I gave it a deep cleaning earlier this year and aside from some wear on the tops of the keycaps it still looks and types as if it's still new.

The same cannot be said of the Logitech G710+ I bought for using in the office 2 years ago, of which fully 10% of the keycaps have broken due to being the shittiest ABS caps ever. I'm getting these pretty simple but durable looking replacement caps in today, though, finally.

• Options
    I have looked at Ducky Shines more than once. However I currently have a K70 (Red) and a DAS (Brown) that are currently trading places for use at home. I still haven't decided switches I like better.

I also still type on rubber domes at work, so I tend to bottom out my keys no matter what.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    My Ducky Shine 3 is still going strong, and I've had it since early 2012.

A handful of the LEDs have died, but I don't really give a shit about that when all is said and done. Maybe one day I will hunt down some tiny blue LEDs and replace them, but it's the F2 through F8 function row keys and the number 2 and 7 keys and like who gives a shit?

• Options
    GuildNavGuildNav Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    The Romer-G switches, I'm nearly certain, are Logitech's version of Cherry switches. They are generally well received.

My G710+ died Saturday night just before I was due to host a D&D game, so I ran to Best Buy and grabbed the G413.

I'm not entirely happy with it, especially the space bar which has clear dead-zones on the edges, but overall it's very impressive for the price. $59.99 for a quality mechanical keyboard with good switches is a steal.

The Romer-G switches are comparable to the Cherry MX Browns. Basically they're "extra-light" Browns. It has a tactile mechanism, just like the Browns, but has a 1.5 mm actuation point with 45 grams of actuation force, compared to 2 mm and 55 grams. Logitech claims this is "25% faster for gaming" but obviously that's only true if you trained your fingers to exactly that pressure and extensions. No one got time for that.

GuildNav on
  • Options
    I partially blame you guys that I'm low key looking for a TKL board for home.

I wish I could bring my own board to work

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    Does anyone have any experience with the Roccat Vulcan 120?

Edit: Or I guess Roccats in general

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    edited April 2019

I use a 10-key having coolermaster of the same formfactor but with gateron reds at work, and I love it. The keyboard has media controls also, although you need to use the coolermaster key + another key to use them.

I liked the keyboard enough that I bought another one for home use.

Yeah, the keyboard probably isn't big enough, in terms of area, to have dedicated media switches, but that's fine. The function key combos work fine, and they keep the keyboard small.

Enjoy it thoroughly. I am a little surprised by the difference between its Cherry MX Blue switches, and the Kalih Blue switches on my HAVIT (which I put at my desk in work). The Kalih Blue switches are, admittedly, low profile switches, but they're lighter sounding and lighter to the touch, compared to Cherry MX Blue. The MK730's are very snappy, and I got used to them, but they are a bit throatier and heavier, it seems.

In any case, I'm very much a Blue Switches person, apparently.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    So I've been doing other stuff on the CNC but finally have something keyboard related:
    Oh man thread! Lets talk about failures!

So I started the week off going after my white whale:
    destiny_ghost_3d_model_c4d_max_obj_fbx_ma_lwo_3ds_3dm_stl_1816203_o.jpg
    This was the whole reason I started looking at CNCing stuff. OF course I would choose a ridiculous project for my first project, flail and fail at it and then get super scared about it.

So I put in some stock (oak that I had laying around, which I'm not overly fond of so its the perfect test bit) and ran the cnc:
    SNWcxTD-3UKdY7YYqy3TQcJ0cH2pFERmA5j8XRDTjcRQSNZZY4K5mxsa6izjdxB_Jnrk2Mu7Ryo2e_oy59XerDw8naO4WRsEIeg6V2IVwUiPQtamClnQrn9RaMXi_pn_a66Z9d50YRWEMTYa51CKr_A7blNOMsbdib92aAT6tjdVlQgQKBl2bSsb6HD6e9bS7h5nGnh8FBtb7ZF81rbZQG9hEMyssMm5j48ojyoSvCuIoYJJdhCaod1uFBtobV7v_atIkDrzorgIE58JxQal-WVI70VzX5dzzMbT0hEuz0swo65xqEPfWp3yqrDty0sCH_ZBb2uduHRMZwx5-JPbWfp76VvCjJjSZvAfZn09HTympVrnnWV29oL6QtmAREXKTOAwfsKP5JXiFfZ4O_x11J_XWSBhr1Mjml-ETzfGGjMV2yogW7mVpJ4Bd279x_byzd8B_QYM2nXjPnJFyk56KrNhQDKM73btAGK2k-17gY3RRKt_GU18JPbvtKd66hULa7Z-pxFYT-DCEvSQ548Fg9GgA9q_IO_E39GLb5h6tgw4Z278QOABIueNKQ83y0J73ev4OgoxRS5TgvQh7yfxiO6b0UT6P4dezd4sm7mSrEfH3bUwVkfOTMdeYrIFekvjiXs9ZeTjTtQl2OKCbPFwrXZRGUVGpvahyxUE1iTVvwKjmhf7YJMR6GjafUcoEVVuTbC0FgOc4M45P3o-C_SE0MSg=w811-h608-no

Thinking it looks pretty good. The blue stuff is tape for when I flip it over to do the underside. The holes are for locating.

9cphImlLKQl2NYBn_JeudKhrQs6LePDH3zlsu8TQdf1KMVzx-mqnCxvzT7RQrKsWu-89_0cFIMXzoS1iFVGpb9IHRZTVkcXaQqAce2U7JkRWNGLqbgfoTMtJc7qhgkI__0AwFWXhq3vmcaFc5keaP2bn1mmJp5vv338T6XQj-tIppQIjHir86bBiHXhJTEC8OpXbP9abSzzubX7w-xuUCTWowlRe4mKUVBmrhSoQD0xE-tonwTFBvbKCTvawD9QNNSS4vWNcAX-zZvIoGqZClYmPJnT5_7gWiId71lEpg4GKwfFmgNBcsaYOIdjk03h8ZE54z5urax4PLOTY0jAT94BbOCg7zjptVOGIFjInctTpzotFYGt6XK5x9q1o_3mC0_YtZHSuK2WiFlWS4cUUOPvOSX56wlf3nATxSdT4CuETR4C8DRQ_pw0upjFqp7AbFd6fLH-jQJnuCDeOhejuWOi0RKo5KpyIAQQ1RvBfz-QYMAHz3rFj5GPB2ABbDCopTpLZhlr5cFVmEjpcwOoEOYHARAqsuDlW4Tl_DlH0VUAWPp9mmYEMR9VG4sELO9EJv-avf3aU8eh_vlFPuY8lfiHVw0P_yi756TFW-fxIzvslFncl4SLUnjfw9aGRLZq9uxrb5f02TiE-RY3S9dzOHIhRJqxUlkxkr4e2n6fzHuPd9Q3z-CSmLBmG-jkx21AnbLvvGTobAA89RunmoGozzv_X=w811-h608-no

c57b4sIizYeWfAbMOt7VtKsKpJeG0q2rDVjwzpl2HXDie5akIumKdgBGwK-XNGqjoce5MdZuQrz27SLYhOwy5gZ_aKrQtQN7bm_Ea7bFiX_00W4koxO87zLVn_s4AufLDuGyCC7RpPXtIHbH17nkoboWdDVZ8TFbpnHUMHnE2p2m1VU53rW26ek36nrz7EYblFgnALVqrBQH1s5OCeEoZRS0KyE_laWW46M8ZyEmVH8TH3Ao45M20sx68b8YoF1qxBjjKqrxcl-KclAsgudsb0-C1Prb7e6PUmbqO1iihExMywHl_B0Dmlv9XVjo74lVsWYgGJ8QMU-y3PPFVLIl7JW2Peqif2LgzG8cMTqkCuY5-C-mrJaeNRLU-XpCVaWhTUlZSz7TFtqph7rrQIuGYK0fD-VdnIKdGLuYDZFpNpEYmXffZpDPnl39SC3fwPFII6l8mDG0NthHIFAlkjT0zWn6v4umSiQcJVYK8TKgRITiI378ecaoMR6-g4fTMWQb7vsRhHFpYHa_7K6Drse6BkGWtVqdpLLCDUXuzIC3QyOXPugLjkOse94zklpKgJFPtevvd0n7rbWgDgiTEBuFFwCIMrh_R3PjQa7QGtmu95uToK4usypScsACVcqIQ75I01l5ZaaTXUuukXiqgMc9eIKmrIQbwwSxQ58GQ275pjmZ9WBa0elWgStHyPyp5zd7Oi8-pY8E6WKqqCiedr_cX0jd=w811-h608-no
    10 hours of machining later.

The reveal:
    tDIah3aaPwsME1KlxRWS3mmfG9tYK57Vg-Dc4t8yNNJJDhlUqT_aEBAKUZAhc1Cr2aDIuR96vtDsRQN2-bRywrrXlBWihs9bYdHL3WIs-mSS9JGaYL12q6MxudOBu8ZCZMwbDFhAuNmfLI8u7iCr87SNnyIDA3iceVN1_xd_bm2xBkwZUU5At2fwTdc6rhPPN6fbsnsUAclzJV2Ar1LqTX9fBjY-nPgeojSyStdCOhTrKo061GKPVIg8opEH4w8kvoFcv4WghagAQuiVWwRXJLZVydMlYphyx9BYOY60jnsxXyN7khV0UMOOzZS6OPzZzHJJqmmRKiPrpejqgoeatB8aBMpooWHiBSPnQAb_h2xgpHQuNee3r_D9AlcgKJQiZ96uycRD1XuRXH17VYZDAR_1FB6c4pLYrcdEf8kGbtWC7IFx54IzIyEK6wAdoGKuSLktAMeFezgCmEvdZSYsOfx899MX07xSp1EpPs_p-6MMvdGhHpEvnHU-527AG30DmhFXnRRlx3u7v36eL3ReXWr4A4B4IuPbyECSfKagX2bFl4u63-WZzrKI6cOPTglPxebtQ8VPXApa3k6mpxmyVriSpB17WS5xffpy8pcWH4Q5Mxuz02p9zdxEZRetGdk5secSQhueGSQyOz93DnRvPwJeNgciwFUrOq7Zi5EwvYfpRuwLpF96CUM4RukD9ahVAO3_qsblX7Ul7Sd2iVHV4cLx=w811-h608-no
    OollRvZRZObliJrvAzNDcZ5uBaCu5zk0Cnf9YHQBflipEEWQDv4pKmeq8ZZIua-608YB6ef4wpGqnDsH0nDUIyT08gE2PWDqhLy9s5foKhVT6e6CyUNhyxuJ-W-Mb6byBba20YWLGhUeyIJ4ngDKKQuAe0FC0dtOAhNGeeI7VHP8I0ESQD2i2eklh98gm-q2jkVS0xduOu8UnJbw4gEOR42-D0XkYcqou2-Q5sE4j3NIYJ8d4bh02FaAU1-zh5KUFkthcnaAQcBDbYrpC2epbtYeHJ-DVD4082aM5gPBelmkaWDiFW8r16QcFggQ_mzYLh7GplOL6EbFX4lC2yo_PnQ61DQqrDi1ShGYWNttPDegn0VJHtVDba70IR368SCkm7WXC74BF06v0zPAnJo5xGvP_h1oVOXG9_xu_A8dgaNNeXyNcBLq4KGybR0r4rY6gM3SeNzxuVDFJ3-A8lCcUdYQUnA7tkILdOJoTl9tndWHjafuGx9lhplWyREjK8d4qVybdMmx-3v13MYWUW8nlhI_OSQZQVM0h-iDKz3pNBorV8uEC2GTRcvldgU2sL0Oabibu_QqMhJFemf17dexkrisgqDu6F-l0Ubv6PAOsfRVyXqWx-AxXBJRgNGKSpdj1aU0Z74bP5lozTYc0uP-9woMkIfMg62n3JXSdxHuMMmVebZINllT9yHoHydbRyJ9uZO5XMBN53maYgOB8kcY6Dr1=w811-h608-no

Some chipping and stringiness. Also need to rotate the grain direction 90 degrees to better show off the woods. Was a test piece to make sure I knew what I was doing so I'm totally tossing this in the garbage. Mostly a good test. Not 100 percent, but ready to move onto stock that I am actually interested in.

Feeling kind of good about myself and moved on to doing the keycaps.
    I had some leftover wood from Quids redheart box that would look amazing as a keyboard key. Figured I didn't need to test anything. I should just do this live.
    I forgot that on previous models I had made the walls slightly thicker, and didn't do that for this set.

Getting ready for cut:
    xp7ZmpSrVSf8sQ-RmkO0CkwgKmr1n0uTohyRHgEgWdtDZF6sPOYjmgdJouMS2gAAzvMqFc6nvivTqEO34mJumIKbDoJl88vKPFJ_vnLUu2pCWBm8-O4YU4Fo8KnrCQk8eA4By8oq4WIoWRuclW0qa-x6D0pL7jGcc3hWsVaqzuufawg2XFNnLHaZfeEtHWn6LHHIKuQaz-etwVMCJTxAjPmM2j5LfdwaCt3PSrnGCVWv5-PUYJxQBKXbekADmgxHG4zcN4xgfTPws-WwB5n7II8vNtBCemPnE9tI5dhstcb3pkv42pAb99j1KV1ysj3lu9ptF22ExI8TOap7JwxdX-yd8n3c4hRJc86Han2pyrfT24LvW6DM5RH7WwuKed39zCqjmWGBb2quXq7pX_vkcXt7-RpjnA7UVViVkyZw8vAq7RO8-fKVDxQolSMenYEA1LKvAlOEf9QVo3MFdEterZ5mlbj0IbSnNbwDZQx1iwnD5Br6RHXRcvtw3sH8Q6UrZwyift626VPsBCjYoWg3I14cIYptWCNaCVnOgN3PwdoC570yuIJDTEEiCkPt438EXzifAqyhcq4t7sWcKy8G2ZP3lQ1NjpVs1xfbUv-Mp5RMfjuQviHPc5x9Z1wehsG2A9WytTowDFRUe-hn5nLOJmn4dtw1A7_4SqMIVl0FY7EfmEgz-mTnD84LdggWeivfh_GpSh9yDu9xhaJN7nMjNit9=w811-h608-no

Looking good so far:
    L9kneh2NB-MNJ5hrPHaDtg4W8mlsFkd8PQiXXGQ2sQtdOQNab_OEyRkoFEgnC5ZJw5MxgNd7cue2-dNvDch6dfPFmRbKvV8IMcX1APh05Y8P5d6NtB7keVsrt4BSNHufLQV67mW25HQASSY3fyKMh8yT9wD_232CTy0maFhhCNw2lkZ7hLqpF1HBcEF3s0uVT5sXqRQjWvTxQgMSuvpGJ6U-SoSQxPz02lk6aba8J6UYUJS-7ckHrHn34zr_mQJqkwLHP22FFVidRUNonqHprP-WR5zWc5mM2Fe94llUJwcFLW37gNNL2rRTygBgLCCII9PJr5XE5WALo0stdKVcHq9Ry0EHx2cieOUqQcdgLQXE8gW-d4vlEkluqQMf9rQGZNETjfelIeiTWznxk0rmFHgJvH-_vgyMe9AYEmQ2AhtTnX_Cx3Zko9WXQnBR5Gyz-u_ftbsLJwESklFTneFDPVECvsqeLQdfihMrWFtfos0wb3FFL2L9X18-Li-vK2bXN5eCWpsx2CfylF9wxAH0CATZc5X4GvhOPEWWDIYMCNj6JdQ6AlI_bc7u-Iz-SSowP8XDK9hK6MbjSWk3HRvzCLFCAtw2AwkYOLGD3JVLadcslrQ1xW7ISmEPYKDbfbVa4J8Zgnkk5KYoS4Vbfp073oNNzTE8_vs2pFm6U4r3FmLbDI3aPIMLcbWGr56PPLUxYXEP3GaUhrB-xZUJOlIebNUy=w811-h608-no

Well.....shit:
    3rVKm3VCEDkGsyhsJ0FyvaBpOTQwmDzNFWnJ8iv8-OCv2Dal4O28d33PgdkjjB7QGaK7pKv-pgoOrWwEdyRsqJwnOwio2Wx0rlrBwfZoRFL6cgxAi4vMA9o922JmWIn6EPwPiIw3w5Dm8a7KLjLvqw4rrPs-Jc8k9DtUBLChn0ZmZtaevYqoRQi-TQVjkLKY9AibnkHIZgaygkWdNy5F9Sz1Jo_Tfs8_o9yh3sF2wh2zwRvnesVx32wMdSzZXX9v7UO5lC9w3Dk2Zn7zDZiMs4IO8m6M4zrhoWVINtieKgXNMmXs-VeFqkhmp_KoGA_jKTW7yKw_BxmfAtnQW6LNoPegiBokkaPzmSfBKO0SoNm9Wk8GYq27edX--tmmgPVl1QjO9hAcht_sqcUdkYt3zKlkuvW5Os57gLEh2C0Y1p-qyGbbhSfoIu25xbq6EP-ty3EOi1WmceApl7-5jm7gEBnbXyRFTm7jB_7ml0_1oRuNAyKkX-ucRw2L88SaXgVR2I6XwxDOkdbwvY_Tg0VC-LXlur5-P6QAQjSeXExxZdCwSJYfWiZxcR9HuPXTVg4Yb12mS5xMJHcUiOD4gEszzr5KWAYShHZWrz3UOTGBfXrpkeearmbHdUNbQLuryaEW992preFpVB_YTHq4YAGh6f-f-24MUX1WjoNP0CpDO-1XMsx5ooxUBkGftBJpykZj67Y0VSXRtGwoVIOrT3pVbTGP=w811-h608-no

What could have been a finished piece:
    9QnVE2j7O_N6Q6ap0wC8ZCSXWAA1HwVMcvqMjeuB00kwe434Ak68NRrZxuo6zQp1dgAvG6hA3pt2EwqcHz09Ir_5TU_11rRSqcgjpAMPoJbIp_unKt7zqLW7YFPlTdye61H3Sylwfwq8RJ9X2o8QVXT2EJoAk5wFo8u8zahMiWJoXdFKWDkG4BvSb4LQDj5ALdu3Y7AMrzBDyqDHo7zt6ruv_HoM-xWMyL8iXInO48DvsvNB5eyixrBNIORb7DqVEyg6vv_602OM6tulL9cVkpA5TovzZQ_OojkPoyBeHoTEDpxzTd0ERjoq8Lk5omc_UDIXrRBppo_4LCNuStvu4_LsRXK0-WgTdTW-7qZE6vvCqPoG3l4dzpLOxRKtwfkBqQ-FkvZS94FHuflZx-hpTWYBobLrZjYC1ucz0FVBQ4mPbcshqV0hEWhxW2XOjXOwmUk3wshHgRYJFGkCXo5dH9ju5cWFu_F6i6O6YdX4yee7CJmEfY2xom0RrilfMR5Rffc1NM3td4RlFzGBhfSZSNRdoJ2TTIKA5xhdziPjF5tsziZHfgOyujJJ9Azac7KWBX2udDfUkXcO_aLk_1QKc79tuQlez2ZkTG4uBKI6xTDFSYoql44HE_syWNAIOmRTtRb1ZJhXLMs-pUuGPKwULbXAElFAX9w=w811-h608-no

I also need to modify the file to have an indent for the key cap stem be slightly larger. Right now they are an exact fit, and that doesn't work. I think I'll try take 2 tomorrow of this.

• Options
    I have bought SA Vilebloom and a bunch of Kalih Box thick click switches, so I am just waiting for the actual keyboard parts to be available. I think I'm going to do a Lily58 or Iris Rev 3, whichever happens first. This is an annoying waiting period.

I thought about doing a planck, but I've heard a lot of people say it uncomfortably forced their wrists to bend more so I was like ehhh. They do look pretty though. Plus the splits seem awesome.

I feel like Homer Simpson during the three day waiting period for a gun.

• Options
    I've been eyeing up a Ducky TKL at mechanical keyboards.com

Correct me if I'm wrong but Ducky boards don't really go on sale(?)

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I've been eyeing up a Ducky TKL at mechanical keyboards.com

Correct me if I'm wrong but Ducky boards don't really go on sale(?)

Not really. My Ducky Shine 3 from 2012 is still powering along beautifully, although a handful of the backlight LEDs have died. F2 through F8, and the number 2 and the number 7 on the keyboard, and the plus key on the numpad.

One day I'll source some replacements and break out the soldering iron...

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    I'm not sure if Ducky boards go on sale often (usually I see product discontinuation sales, if anything) but I'd definitely call mine worth the price.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I’ve seen discounts on the mechanical keyboards site but I think that’s just something they do on their own (and/or are discontinued items)

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    So I've been waiting for an Iris Rev 3, Lily58, or Ergodash option for purchase and I got news that the Lily58 would be available so it has been purchased. I've never soldered anything in my life so this should be fun.

My daughter's name is Lily so it's pretty fitting.