As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

All I want for Secret Shamblers is blood [SE++ WoW]

• ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    it's kind of just a pointless change that nobody asked for and directly makes the game worse, no matter how slightly. sounds like i'll have to rebind my DKs hearth to shrine, since the portal room is improving convenience by uhhhh making flying to siege of orgrimmar take a lot longer??? and i don't understand why a legion portal would be Azsuna instead of dalaran, except that they didn't want two dalaran portals next to each other, but hey: who gives a shit

i've found bfa a lot better than most people i think but this is one change that is just unjustifiable, and really really stupid when most of the playerbase is already mad at blizzard. no idea what they're thinking on this one

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Oculeth filed a petition with the horde and alliance to shut down the old unsafe portal networks and then contract OcuCorp develop a new, up-to-code system that won't destabilize spacetime for the low low price of 1 billion gold, barring unforeseen cost overruns

BahamutZERO.gif
  • ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    I for one think I'm going to be really fucking miserable if/when I play something other than a Mage.

Twitch: Thawmus83
    the portals getting removed were barely used anyway

BahamutZERO.gif
    I dunno, I'm still trying to clean up on Legion content and they're pretty handy for that.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    It also bothers me pretty bad that the role of the Blizzard Community Manager seems to be relegated to dispelling feedback with anecdotal opinions.

Like 90% of the blue posts responding to player feedback about the game is just ‘well I disagree, so our contradicting opinions are obviously meant to cancel each other out.’ Except the CM opinions always echo the actual decisions made, so obiovusly their opinions must matter a lot more

• TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Yeah the blue posts on the matter are pretty flippant

by you. i used the vale portal at least once a week. anyone going to dragon soul would have used the caverns of time portal weekly too. karazhan has two different mounts in it.

and also all of the different holiday events that are just "go to out of the way place to click on something" will now be a lot more tedious

it's reducing player convenience for no actual reason. one of the forum posts by bornakk is completely deranged. "i feel accomplished when i travel a long distance" fucking what

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    the portals getting removed were barely used by anyone who deserves anything but eternal, barefoot journeys across dunes of jagged glass shards

BahamutZERO.gif
    The caverns of time portal is super useful. There are like 4-5 dungeons and 2 raids in that one location.

• The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Yeah the CoT portal is way more useful then the dumb uldum one

icGJy2C.png
    Zay wrote: »

by you. i used the vale portal at least once a week. anyone going to dragon soul would have used the caverns of time portal weekly too. karazhan has two different mounts in it.

and also all of the different holiday events that are just "go to out of the way place to click on something" will now be a lot more tedious

it's reducing player convenience for no actual reason. one of the forum posts by bornakk is completely deranged. "i feel accomplished when i travel a long distance" fucking what

I mean, I absolutely do as well. But if you enjoy that what's a portal got to do with it? Just go.

Yeah I should walk back my earlier tone a bit. I'm not all that affected by the change, but the way they're doing this makes no sense

edited March 2019
    it's very rewarding to press \ then tab back in 5 minutes later, angle to the right 10 degrees, then tab back out for another 5 minutes. this is the kinda gameplay i live for. fucking move over archimonde, there's a new hardest boss in the game

Zay on
    sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Are we getting pathfinder on the 12th or are they making us wait until the dumb fish zone

icGJy2C.png
    it's very rewarding to press \ then tab back in 5 minutes later, angle to the right 10 degrees, then tab back out for another 5 minutes. this is the kinda gameplay i live. fucking move over archimonde, there's a new hardest boss in the game

Patch 8.2 will include fully-featured air traffic control sectors in all flight-enabled zones.

Are we getting pathfinder on the 12th or are they making us wait until the dumb fish zone

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Like sure its not a huge deal, but I do a lot of transmog and old mount running and I used those all the time. Maybe its a small user base, but why both removing them at all? It doesn't hurt anyone to still have portals in the basement of Dalaran that go to CoT or the Dalaran Crater or Kara. It just makes getting to old places harder for no reason

Orgrimmar approach to Shambler732, please divert heading 270 to Northern Barrens Regional. All available taxiways are occupied by Blood Elves dancing on mailboxes.

• DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    We're getting a portal from Org to old Dalaran, and I am pretty sure that there is still an npc there that will teleport you to the caverns of time.

So there's still a relatively quick way there, at least.

Tynnan wrote: »
    Orgrimmar approach to Shambler732, please divert heading 270 to Northern Barrens Regional. All available taxiways are occupied by Blood Elves dancing on mailboxes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D08Us2V4-KQ

• Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    The blue post asking what content people need a portal to CoT for seems pretty stupid
    Like... all the stuff down there in the Caverns? That content. The content in the place the portal goes to.

mkc.png
    It's definitely a bad example for the ones defending the chance, since in terms of content concentrated in one location, I don't think there's anyplace that actually tops the caverns of time

Escape from Durnholde
    Dark Portal
    Culling of Stratholme
    End Time
    The one with Illidan
    The one with Thrall
    Battle of Hyjal
    Dragon Soul

All in that one room

THE WELL OF ETERNITY

THE HOUR OF TWILIGHT

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    It feels like every time I see a Blue Post these days is kind of condescending and they seem to consider current content the only content which is super weird. You'd think a game with this much past content to lean on would want to do so.

• ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    the cavern of time portal was also the fastest way to onyxia's lair IIRC

I think my real question here is the removal of the old dalaran and shattrath portals in shrine. I genuinely do not know how to get to shattrath now??? I guess you take the hellfire portal and fly across the whole continent? Surely that's not the fastest way there now.

the new portal room has a shatt and old dal portal

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    Aren't portals to all of these places still going to exist in Org? Or did I misunderstand?

I feel like we need a spreadsheet to sort out what will be where in the new patch compared to live.

• ZenyatooZenyatoo Registered User regular
    the new portal room has a shatt and old dal portal

Whew crisis averted. Back to not caring.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I bet the port to CoT is something that quietly gets added back in

The current portal setup is pretty silly and I see why they’re changing it; it’s dumb that the way to get to shattrath is to travel through two previous expacs worth of portals, for example. It’s a lot more sensible to just move them all to the main capitols

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    it's also an especially weird move considering all that old content is still relevant to people leveling, and they specifically made the move of having everything pre-BFA be included with the subscription fee...ostensibly it would be good to give those people experiencing the game a non-tedious, good way to experience that content to try and get them to become a recurring subscriber versus having them churn off in a month because of how long it takes to get anywhere

and it like dramatically increases the time it takes to complete any of the quests that take you across azeroth (secret mount shit comes to mind)

Not sure when other people were looking to M+, but I'll be home in just over an hour if any additional help is wanted/needed.

If not I'll probably be trying to con my way into some +9s or +10s to get my IO score up a bit.

• SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular

I feel like posting "yes i enjoy hitting my numlock key too" except I'm scared of a 8.2 patch note that says "automove toggle has been disabled, it's more fun to hold down W for 10 minutes straight".

steam_sig.png
    I'm holding out for the new realistic flight model, where you have to use gliding physics and gain altitude very slowly, only building up to full flight speed if you are gliding at least a little bit downwards

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I wish all flying mounts worked like Aviana’s wings did

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I'm sorry but why are they devoting time to removing content from the game? Don't fucking remove content, add more. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Yoo I got a +10 Motherload if anyone is down

Sorry guys, took me a while to get free, are people still down for m+ or did I miss the action?

Yeah, totally!

This discussion has been closed.