As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

New [Fashion] thread. Quite stylish.

Indie WinterIndie Winter die KräheRudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
4S2MQYy.jpg

wY6K6Jb.gif

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Looking nice

I really need to get one of those lint catcher roller things if I am ever going to wear a black shirt again

I have a nice black t shirt with a cool little design on it from Tired Hands Brewing and it's constantly covered in lint and hair and it looks awful

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    That black and white jacket from Straight to Hell came in and I'll have to exchange it for a size smaller, but aside from that it's quite nice

I DID also order a scarf from them though, and it has tigers on it, and that's cool
    qd3cE1z_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Damn

Also, nice scarf!

• Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost, how do you get your hair to go like that, it looks great!

my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I trimmed my beard.

I'm frustrated with it. I'm really bad at getting it to look not frizzy.

I think I might shave it all off in May.

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    So uh

Banana Republic has drawstring suit pants

Fake edit: a google search reveals this is apparently a thing now

all I can think is
    https://youtu.be/eQVAml5nIgQ

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Looking nice

I really need to get one of those lint catcher roller things if I am ever going to wear a black shirt again

I have a nice black t shirt with a cool little design on it from Tired Hands Brewing and it's constantly covered in lint and hair and it looks awful

my roommate has a dog

there is so much brown dog hair

on everything

help

poo
    addicted to the jawnz though now

i need WIDE pants all my pants are SLIM

poo
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    it's a good thing i'm not more of a resident evil fan because oh my god this Super Groupies x Biohazard collab

the boots even have lil zombie scratchies on the side!!

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular
    I just realized that I pretty much only wear stuff exclusively from uniqlo nowadays
    Not sure if I should seek help or anything

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Uniqlo stuff is great so you're fine

• el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    it's a good thing i'm not more of a resident evil fan because oh my god this Super Groupies x Biohazard collab

the boots even have lil zombie scratchies on the side!!

the only thing I personally could see getting is the phone case, novelty gets a lot of leeway I feel (although I prefer either simple black practical cases, or a really fun, colorful design). But it's for iphones only, so NO DEAL

the first aid spray bottle sleeve is cute though

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    That black and white jacket from Straight to Hell came in and I'll have to exchange it for a size smaller, but aside from that it's quite nice

I DID also order a scarf from them though, and it has tigers on it, and that's cool
    snip

The beard is a good look for you, bud.

godmode on
    Peas wrote: »
    I just realized that I pretty much only wear stuff exclusively from uniqlo nowadays

@Peas

How long do Uniqlo stuff last? Is it comparable quality to Old Navy?

• PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    I am not familiar with Old Navy but I guess Uniqlo stuff are pretty durable? I like their quick dry clothing. But then again I don't think I ever had any clothes being spoiled other than through my own fault, that or somehow it disappeared one day forever.

edit:
    q7wb7uat714o.jpg
    I still wear this shirt from 6 years ago and it's still pretty comfortable as heck other than being a little thinned out
    It's just a normal t-shirt but it just feels so much better than others for some reason

Peas on
    Peas wrote: »

Peas

How long do Uniqlo stuff last? Is it comparable quality to Old Navy?

uniqlo is definitely more durable than old navy in my experience

i really like the uniqlo u stuff but that stuff is harder to find in person (easier online) but the fit is weirder than their normal stuff, so buying online is trickier

(also uniqlo was better for me when it first came to the US, because it was a japanese brand and i am a small indian boi, not a big american boi - but they've since adjusted their fits to better accommodate western folk. still good though, just not as perfect)

poo
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Uniqlo jeans tend to fit me absolutely perfectly until they get washed a couple times then they're too small. Other than that everything's durable and long lasting and actually comes in the right sizes for me which is a huge help.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
    i may or may not have gotten something like this

NEEDLES_GOODHOOD_SS17_97_V21-2.jpg

may or may not have.

poo
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I was very surprised by the fit when I started shopping Uniqlo

I'm a small most places, but I'm an extra small there

• TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Does anybody know of a good fashion blog or instagram or website that can help with basic fashion tips? My problem is that I will see something I like in a store and I won't know what to wear with it or how to wear it. I have a denim jacket that I wear with a dress that looks good but when else can I wear a denim jacket? With dress pants? With jeans ?? When I can wear knee high boots? What footwear do I wear with a skirt? Things like that.

I googled for fashion tips and got really vague unhelpful advice. Stuff like "know your body type" and "invest in a pair of red pumps" but no advice on what to wear/ what not to wear with each pre-defined body type and nothing on when to wear red pumps and what goes with them. They expect you to already know that stuff I guess.

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    There are some basic rules, but a lot of fashion is experimenting and seeing what looks good

If you are uncertain of your own judgment in such things, I would recommend the judgment of others - I have a few trusted fashion friends, or the folk who linger here tend to have good taste overall

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I'm out trying to buy a shirt for a date and I've come to the conclusion that High Street Men's Fashion is BORING GARBAGE

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Uniqlo quality is really good - in my experience Old Navy stuff literally falls apart after a very short while. In comparison, I still wear Uniqlo pieces that I bought while living in Korea six years ago.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
    Oh fuck

Uniqlo has a Minions collection

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2019
    Taya wrote: »
    Does anybody know of a good fashion blog or instagram or website that can help with basic fashion tips? My problem is that I will see something I like in a store and I won't know what to wear with it or how to wear it. I have a denim jacket that I wear with a dress that looks good but when else can I wear a denim jacket? With dress pants? With jeans ?? When I can wear knee high boots? What footwear do I wear with a skirt? Things like that.

I googled for fashion tips and got really vague unhelpful advice. Stuff like "know your body type" and "invest in a pair of red pumps" but no advice on what to wear/ what not to wear with each pre-defined body type and nothing on when to wear red pumps and what goes with them. They expect you to already know that stuff I guess.

Honestly, browsing fashion blogs (and magazines, if available) is probably the best passive absorption mechanism I can think of. Seeing some random picture and thinking "Hey I think that looks rad, and they have a similar body-type/colouring to me, so I could probably pull that off!" is a great way to start putting looks together.

edit: i mean this does lead to me spending 18 months hunting down the perfect set of wide-leg pants so I can vaguely ape Katherine Hepburn circa 1938, but we all have to have goals.

tynic on
    The only anime shirts I have ever owned have been from uniqlo

and also bought 4 months ago

• Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I feel like I should remember/know the answer to this but

Was it the Dragonball ones

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    I'm wearing Uniqlo pants right now

Not a single unraveled thread or tear, had them for like 3+ years now?

• CelloCello Registered User regular

Important question

Are silk Dragonball shirts back in yet

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786

That’s them!

My allbirds tree toppers shoes arrived today. They're pretty comfy so far, a little big, but I think the next size down would be too small.

https://www.allbirds.com/products/mens-tree-toppers

Veldrin wrote: »

That’s them!

Those shirts were really good.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    i have a nice new short sleeve shirt

i shoulda copped one of those big polka dot ones though

but this one is nice and has little flowers and is more conservative

i got a medium instead of a small because summer i decided should be more roomy and flowy so less sweaty

poo
    tynic wrote: »
    Taya wrote: »

Honestly, browsing fashion blogs (and magazines, if available) is probably the best passive absorption mechanism I can think of. Seeing some random picture and thinking "Hey I think that looks rad, and they have a similar body-type/colouring to me, so I could probably pull that off!" is a great way to start putting looks together.

edit: i mean this does lead to me spending 18 months hunting down the perfect set of wide-leg pants so I can vaguely ape Katherine Hepburn circa 1938, but we all have to have goals.

I'd love for people to give me their favourite blogs or "influencers". I have already tried googling and searching in Instagram but the fashion is too young or completely impractical for a regular human person living their life. I've been trying to notice outfits in every day life but even if I see something cool I will forget it by the time I get to a store.

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    As a short broad man I have been afraid of Uniqlo, on the grounds that it will have the H&M problem of mediums being a little too tight and larges being too long and a little baggy around my middle. That's probably unfair and I really should give them a try.

I'm really liking my Allbirds

I might get another pair in a different style

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    @Taya

for like, "normal people" street fashion some suggestions might be The Satorialist , Stockholm Street Style, Easy Fashion Paris, Streetgeist ... Personally I always find this stuff a bit hit or miss, partly because it's literally pics of randos walking around, and partly because an outfit being 'interesting' might not be the same as 'looking good'. Sometimes you see something amazing, sometimes you go through eight pages of 'eh' before hitting anything that vibes with you.

If there's a particular mid- to high-end shop you like, or have bought an item of clothing which you love at, it's worth checking out their ad campaigns, because those will be professionally assembled outfits which can give hints about lengths, colours, accessories etc which hopefully already match your aesthetic. My go-tos are places like Veronika Maine (https://global.veronikamaine.com/Campaign) and Anthropologie, even though I can't necessarily afford the clothes, because I know I usually like the style choices.

Thanks tynic I will check those out. I agree that sometimes I will see an outfit online or in a magazine and think whoa that's so cool! but would never actually wear it myself.

I'm still hoping to find a dummies guide to not wearing socks with sandals and other basic fashion rules but I may have to just observe and write down my own rules based on what I see.