As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Now with Cowgirls

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Delzhand wrote: »
    While I do have a spare Lewyn hanging around, I've yet to land an Ophelia, sadly.

You may be able to replicate with like a death blow refine Lilina or something too

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    edited March 2019
    Oh man, I'm using Roy as my arena bonus unit. God damn is he so broken! I have L!Hector buffing him, his bonus unit bonuses, and three tactic skills on top of his stat doubler skill. He is freaking tanking L!Tikis and Hardins and taking 0 damage. That's insane.

Edit: Only one giving him issues so far is Zelgius with his broken Black Luna. Btw, his skill means he charges his special every turn as long as he's next to someone. I gave him Aether and he charges it soooo fast

Edit 2: Ok, Brave Hector is a bitch too. Got my wins though, not too bad. It's still funny to me to see red unit Roy shrug off Armor Lyn hitting him with a blue tome.

Also have a good feeling about Aether Raids this week. Two defense wins already today. Pretty good offense matches too - few deaths but no matches under 100 points (thanks to light blessing)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    I would hope CYL results aren't the only factor in deciding who gets in. Duessel's still my most-wanted unit, after all... We need more axe cavalry in general, honestly. It's just too bad Brave Ephraim got Garm.

As for the Abyssal maps, there's still a lot I haven't done. Infernal Roy was pretty fun but I haven't even attempted the next level. I haven't been able to 1-turn any of the LHBs recently, it feels like they're designing them around that.

edited March 2019
    I would hope CYL results aren't the only factor in deciding who gets in. Duessel's still my most-wanted unit, after all... We need more axe cavalry in general, honestly. It's just too bad Brave Ephraim got Garm.

As for the Abyssal maps, there's still a lot I haven't done. Infernal Roy was pretty fun but I haven't even attempted the next level. I haven't been able to 1-turn any of the LHBs recently, it feels like they're designing them around that.

They aren't the only factor but they are a MAJOR factor. IS will do some manual balancing (ex: for Binding Blade, Deick and Gonzales actually outranked Sue, but they couldn't just have a banner with all men on it - not to mention Rutger and Deick are both sword infantry) and probably have their own ideas too (i.e. dream Corrin banner everyone hated), but the vast majority of the banners will be picking units that were high on the CYL results. TBH it makes sense - these are the heroes that most people want in the game, so it's a no-brainer to get to them first.

I've been keeping track of this for almost a year now and it's an extremely reliable way to predict these banners. For example, I've said before, but I'm calling a Blazing Blade banner extremely soon (April? May?) with at least Louise and Pent and probably Erk and Nils. (if anyone is replaced there I suspect it'll be Erk since he overlaps Pent a little). We are also due for another Path of Radiance banner at some point with at least Haar and Jill (and probably Ilyana and/or Ranulf), but I suspect they may spread that out to distance it from the recent Beasts banner. Maybe sometime in the summer for that one.

Warlock82 on
  • Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Hot take, but they really need to speed up on the non-seasonal banners. So many characters I want from every game.

Hot take, but they really need to speed up on the non-seasonal banners. So many characters I want from every game.

Yeah that would be nice. At the very least, shit like the Adrift banner shouldn't exist. We don't need a non-seasonal banner of 3/4s alts.

Ehhhh I kinda liked the Adrift banner, because those alts are permanently available now. I wish the Performing Arts units were in the summon pool.

edited March 2019
    Ehhhh I kinda liked the Adrift banner, because those alts are permanently available now. I wish the Performing Arts units were in the summon pool.

I mostly just dislike the characters selected. TWO Corrins and Camilla who doesn't even fit the theme is stupid. I agree I wish the Performing Arts banner was permanent, but that one also had TWO new heroes, one of which still hasn't received another form (Inigo, as long as you don't count Laslow which I don't :P). And even that Azura costume was like a canon outfit for her in Conquest, so it wasn't making up random shit like the Adrift banner did. What I'm saying is the Adrift banner was a weird seasonal banner they turned into a regular banner for some reason, which we basically got in place of new characters (probably). Not that I mind getting Mikoto, but they could have at least put two new ones on there. Scarlet, Sumeragi, Arete, etc. I actually think people in general would be less hostile towards Fates banners if they'd stop giving us the same royals every god damn time and actually give us characters we are STILL missing from that game (like, main characters.. where is Orochi? Where is Scarlet? Charlotte not in a wedding dress? Benny?)

Warlock82 on
    All I know is Adrift Corrin is currently my White Whale :(

Also, give me Ena and Nasir. I wonder if they'll give Dragon Laguz special transforming breaths. Probably not, though.

Also, give me Ena and Nasir. I wonder if they'll give Dragon Laguz special transforming breaths. Probably not, though.

They are rated super low in CYL3, so I wouldn't expect them too soon :/
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M9c7Xounc_tT9_QlTkjPtY5XiRMBiH-PhFWW68OASPw/edit#gid=548762935

• DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    I don't understand how, 2 years after launch, we still can't sort units/skills/seals alphabetically. Trying to find my Quickened Pulse seal in a UI that's 40 scrolls long sucks.

Delzhand wrote: »
    I don't understand how, 2 years after launch, we still can't sort units/skills/seals alphabetically. Trying to find my Quickened Pulse seal in a UI that's 40 scrolls long sucks.

Seal sorting is butts. I'm hoping this new patch might fix it? They are color coordinating it, so maybe they'll add some better sorting too. I always have trouble finding, say, my Drive seals.

• SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Btw, his skill means he charges his special every turn as long as he's next to someone. I gave him Aether and he charges it soooo fast

Eh? What skill charges Roy's special?

s7Imn5J.png
    edited March 2019
    Btw, his skill means he charges his special every turn as long as he's next to someone. I gave him Aether and he charges it soooo fast

Eh? What skill charges Roy's special?

Oh my bad. I thought the Human Virtual one did that. I must have read it wrong :P I gave mine Wrath so he's been charging it like crazy tho :P

Warlock82 on
  • jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    So nino and her refine with bonus doubler

How would that work? Seems like it would be +24 self buffed damage every other turn outside of any other buffed stats.

They are rated super low in CYL3, so I wouldn't expect them too soon. :/

Yeah but they have the advantage of being a favorite FEH archetype. If IS wants a dragon with a fresh face, they've got to get through Nah and Nils, then Mila and Nagi (who seem destined for Mythic status). So maybe not soon soon, but they could definitely beat out a few more popular Tellius heroes.

https://youtu.be/asSAlN_IKTg

K, was not expecting Thea. And Rutger seems to be a free hero after all

edited March 2019
    THEY BROUGHT BACK HIMUKAI YUJI!!!!!

EDIT: Ok, I know I've said it a lot, but this really might be where they demote two units again. Because Thea is 1000% getting demoted, but I think Lugh's worthy of it, too. Attack Feint is recent and all, but I don't think the Feint skills are gonna take off in the meta. And a Rally+ skill would be huge for 4-star, but not huge enough to make people want to throw orbs at a Nino/Raigh hybrid!

Dr. Flamingo on
    THEY BROUGHT BACK HIMUKAI YUJI!!!!!

EDIT: Ok, I know I've said it a lot, but this really might be where they demote two units again. Because Thea is 1000% getting demoted, but I think Lugh's worthy of it, too. Attack Feint is recent and all, but I don't think the Feint skills are gonna take off in the meta. And a Rally+ skill would be huge for 4-star, but not huge enough to make people want to throw orbs at a Nino/Raigh hybrid!

Yeah I feel the same. Both have pretty underwhelming skill sets so I see no reason they don't demote both. Hopefully it's the start of a trend

Hah, I can't tell if it's just the lighting, but Alfonse's dad looks pretty zombie-ish there. When he inevitably gets put on a banner, will it be a normal portrait or will he be a zombie? :P

Uuuuugh I guess Lugh is packed with exclusive skills, just not exciting ones. We haven't gotten ANY serpent tomes since F!Morgan's blue one, and she's 5-star exclusive.

Rally Up Res+ is 400 SP. Now, if there was a Rally Up+ skill that was going to be available at 4-star, it'd be Res, but it's new on Lugh, and it's only the second skill in the genre to be added. It also has 3 levels so to put it on a 4-star you'd need to answer questions like, "Is this Rally skill going to be locked to a 5-star promotion?"

Mirror Stance, on the other hand, is a nothingburger. It's filler on units who need a spare skill and are vaguely magical tanks.

Now, Feint skills are a "Soooo last year's seasonal unit's" skill, and are thus fair game to start trickling down into the lower rarities, but probably through a GHB or TT unit. Atk Feint in particular only came out a little over a month ago on Hot Springs Elise. Putting that at 4-star so quickly wouldn't be impossible, when when we add all these facts together I can only come to one conclusion...

I hereby rescind any statements made in the optimistic hope that Lugh would be demoted. Simply put, Lugh is a Premium Unit™ that merely looks like a demotion candidate. His skills are elite, even if nobody wants them. Nothing's impossible, of course, but him being put in the 4-star pool would be a sea change in the caliber of units that get demoted.

Perhaps it's Raigh poisoning the well but I, for one, am not looking forward to this kid filling the role of pity breaker or banner focus filler, even if he is drawn by the Etrian Odyssey guy.

• DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Today in arena, I encountered a fully merged DB4/Bold Fighter/Galeforce Effie. With armored boots.

And I had no ranged units.

I took care of it fine, but that's terrifying.

Durinia on
    For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
    edited March 2019
    Also I've been trying to puzzle out how legendary heroes contribute to AR attack scores. You can't give them light blessings, but it turns out that if they're in season, they count the same as being light blessed.

Now I have to decide if I'm going to give up L!Azura for an extra +10.

Durinia on
    --Mark Twain
    edited March 2019
    Man, I haven't had a single Aether Raid defense loss yet (even for the ones that don't count). I have a reaaaaaaaaaaaaaal good feeling about this week...

Warlock82 on
  • AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    Man, I haven't had a single Aether Raid defense loss yet (even for the ones that don't count). I have a reaaaaaaaaaaaaaal good feeling about this week...

Your units just gained +8 to all stats if you just recently upgraded your fort plus started using bonus buildings.

Frankly it's surprising you got any defenses before. Your defense team must be monstrous! Please make tier 21 this week so I don't run into it :P

edited March 2019
    Acheron wrote: »

Your units just gained +8 to all stats if you just recently upgraded your fort plus started using bonus buildings.

Frankly it's surprising you got any defenses before. Your defense team must be monstrous! Please make tier 21 this week so I don't run into it :P

Yeah, to be honest I was probably sometimes getting the bonus building and sometimes not, depending what it was. One sec, I'll snap a picture of my defenses...

Edit: vr3plj2lych4.png

I was recently able to get a bunch of merges on Micaiah, Azura and Duma so they powered up a decent amount. Micaiah I think went from +1 to like +9 or something :P

The horsey building used to be a bolt tower. Now it's whatever the rotating bonus thing is.

Warlock82 on
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    That is a terrifying defense roster. All of them are contenders for public enemy #1-5.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    I was recently able to get a bunch of merges on Micaiah, Azura and Duma so they powered up a decent amount. Micaiah I think went from +1 to like +9 or something :P

You probably did this, but reminder for thread that merges won't add to your defense team if it's locked until you unlock it and let them sync up. I had merged my Myrrh up a bunch and then was confused why she was still +4 in the next defense a few weeks ago.

s7Imn5J.png
    edited March 2019

You probably did this, but reminder for thread that merges won't add to your defense team if it's locked until you unlock it and let them sync up. I had merged my Myrrh up a bunch and then was confused why she was still +4 in the next defense a few weeks ago.

Yeah don't worry, I unlocked to update :)

Also, new patch is out. Sophia gets a Raventome as she should, Klein gets a better Brave Bow (one more might, -2 speed instead of -5).

Dark Aura refine is a pretty nuts Drive Atk/Spd, Dark Excalibur refine is Quicken Pulse 2 (same as Navarre). Klein's is Chill Def, Sophia is Sturdy Stance? (Whatever one is Def/Res)

I will say, I like that for a lot of these personal weapons they are basically just realizing what everyone already inherits to the characters anyways and doing that. Like Cherche getting Brave Axe instead of Hammer.

Warlock82 on
  • mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Sonya could be a good special spiral candidate now with that refine. +10s all day with glimmer/moonbow
    also
    since Linde can get Dark Aura, can she refine that one too?

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Yes, she can. It's in the notifications too.

Also, unless the refine is different for Delthea, the additional Dark Aura effect affects the wielder, not their allies, so it's not a Drive, more like a Bond with 2 range.

homogenized on
    edited March 2019
    Helloooooooo
    https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/feh-content-update-030619-beyond-darkness
    A number of new miscellaneous menu strings relating to Tap Battle Encores, unit inheritance, Sacred Seal categorization, and a new stamina system for Voting Gauntlet.

Edit:
    mts wrote: »
    Sonya could be a good special spiral candidate now with that refine. +10s all day with glimmer/moonbow

Also yeah, I immediately gave it to her once I saw the refine. I'm like 20 dew short tho. Waiting for the Binding Blade banner to spend the 150 stones I have saved up. At the very least wanna refine Sue's weapon.

Edit: lolz

Warlock82 on
    Best part of this update: I no longer need to fish up a 3-star Ogma to inherit Reposition AND Spur Attack 3 off Barst.

• AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    It's funny that my first order of business after they finally allow passing 4 skills at a time is just to pass Null C-Disrupt 3 to Fae, given that additionally passing Distant Counter isn't actually useful for her. But what if Fae gets a future unique breath that doesn't include distant counter, like Tiki did? I needed to be patient, just in case.

Speaking of, tempted to do the same for Tiki... but I suspect she'd be better off with the Steady Breath/Aether package. I dunno if she has the Res to bait out a staff anyway.

• mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Why would you not just transfer 4 skills though? I always inherit the max amount of skills even if I only need the one. You never know

camo_sig.png
  • AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    I phrased that poorly. I did actually pass Distant Counter as well even though it's useless for her right now. Just in case.

You guys I'm so bad at Aether Raids!

Just arrrgh :ar:

--Mark Twain
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Finally cleared Infernal Micaiah & Sothe. Took a few hours to work out a winning team. And it ended up being a real oddball squad, too. Effie, L!Hector, Priscilla, and L!Azura. Monocolor blue and a healer.

I've always run with Veronica as my default cavalry healer, but my Priscilla fills a role I really needed - the "brink of death" healer, with Rehabilitate+, Imbue, and WoM3. Great when you're left with like 1HP.

edited March 2019
    Hm this banner has.... THIRTY-TWO DAYS LEFT? I almost wonder if I should save my Free Pull tickets until after the Legendary Banner, which I'm saving all available orbs for. Once I know my fate for the Legendary Banner, then I'd be free to spend a handful of orbs and make the most out of them. But I might just blow them now, because I wannaaaa. :P

EDIT: NONE OF THE BEAST UNITS WERE DEMOTED!???? WHAT THE FUCK? WHAT THE ABSOLUTE FUCK!?

Dr. Flamingo on