As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fire Emblem] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Replaying Radiant Dawn and I really do miss the old style of writing(though I like the support conversations more in the new games).

That said...I forgot that RD throws like a million characters at you and how easy it is to fuck yourself endgame because of it.

• WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Replaying Radiant Dawn and I really do miss the old style of writing(though I like the support conversations more in the new games).

That said...I forgot that RD throws like a million characters at you and how easy it is to fuck yourself endgame because of it.

Radiant Dawn didn't even have support conversations. Just a few Insert Name Here one-liners.

Which was a shame, because some of those new characters the game introduced might have been really interesting if only they'd been fleshed out more.

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    My copy of FE7 arrived. Just played a little bit last night. I forgot how damn hand-holdy Lyn's campaign is. I think I am almost to the part where the training wheels come off but man, "Move exactly this unit exactly to this spot and you're not allowed to not do this" is annoying for the first couple maps :P It's also very chatty with the tutorial text boxes. I'm glad a lot of the other games toned this down quite a bit (mostly in making everything optional, or extremely short like one mission)

In any case, I gotta finish FE6 first, but I couldn't resist playing just a couple maps :P

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    My copy of FE7 arrived. Just played a little bit last night. I forgot how damn hand-holdy Lyn's campaign is. I think I am almost to the part where the training wheels come off but man, "Move exactly this unit exactly to this spot and you're not allowed to not do this" is annoying for the first couple maps :P It's also very chatty with the tutorial text boxes. I'm glad a lot of the other games toned this down quite a bit (mostly in making everything optional, or extremely short like one mission)

In any case, I gotta finish FE6 first, but I couldn't resist playing just a couple maps :P

Fun fact, on Hard Mode the game removes all the hand holding stuff for the Lyn missions. It's entirely possible to die to the first axe guy. :)

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »

Fun fact, on Hard Mode the game removes all the hand holding stuff for the Lyn missions. It's entirely possible to die to the first axe guy. :)
    The best part about this is that it no longer forces you to promote Wallace. Precious, precious Knight's Crest.

Problematic if you don't eventually use it on him and also want to get the guy during the late game, though.

The best part about this is that it no longer forces you to promote Wallace. Precious, precious Knight's Crest.

Problematic if you don't eventually use it on him and also want to get the guy during the late game, though.

I remember one playthrough promoting Wallace the old fashioned way. Dude became a machine! And he's story is kind of heart felt.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular

I remember one playthrough promoting Wallace the old fashioned way. Dude became a machine! And he's story is kind of heart felt.

Oh yeah, I love Wallace. It's just that I generally don't want to deal with recruiting him (or rather, getting to the map where you recruit him). He also directly competes with Geitz, who I like even more.

This is Wallace/Lyn A support convo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P81O6TGYR3U

I remember getting this on my 5th or 6th time through the game and being quite surprised at it. I imagine a lot of people ignore Wallace since he come pre-promoted and relegate him to the pokebox. Pretty cool to see he's got a more serious backstory to him.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    The official Japanese boxart has been shown alongside some special edition stuff, and...

three-houses-box1-188x300.jpg

... why is Claude upside down?

Also two music tracks:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjE0NrRu358
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gzWCVcY0rA

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    That's...not very good cover art. Hopefully they make a different cover for the worldwide/western releases.

• TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    That's a pretty ugly cover for Japanese boxart.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    I spent all night trying to recruit Percival in chapter 13. I know he can be recruited easier in chapter 15 but god dammit I am stubborn! I WILL GET THIS! I have come soooooooooooooooo close so many times only to have someone get killed like the turn before I recruit him. Once was due to like a 1% crit bullshit. I have a strategy down though, it's just a matter of not fucking up (and a little luck) :P Playing LTC/fast means playing risky :P

BTW, does anyone know who are his "knights" that I have to keep alive for the knight's crest? It's not all the knights on the map is it? Cuz I'm kind of slaughtering them :3

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    The boxart is going to be the same in the west

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    Blarf. They need to redo that.

Also... is the golden sword in the middle... off center at the tip?

• WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »

It's a bow. The tip is curved back a bit.

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    I don't think it looks that bad? The only thing on it I don't care for is the female MC design compared to the male one, but that's nothing new. It really doesn't seem to fit with the setting and the character's supposed aesthetics.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Edit: Ah.

Dragkonias on
    Ahhh. I totally din't recognize that as a bow. It looks like a bamboo practice sword in which the tip of it is about 2 inches off center.

I kind of feel like the male and female protagionists were kind of forced to the center...and that's why Claude is upside down.

• TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular

That's actually the only difference for Lyn Hard Mode. It doesn't actually get any harder until Eliwood and Hector Mode.

Also, there is a way to refuse the forced actions on Lyn Mode. If you hold down A, B, Select and a direction on the d-pad, and then press Start, you can make whatever move you want instead. Works for taking the Knight's Crest off Wallace too.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Ark EvensongArk Evensong The NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »

It's a bow. The tip is curved back a bit.

Still looks really wrong in a close up, though:
    f05xiwdkhrod.jpg

And yeah, add me to the list of people disappointed with the female main character design. On its own it isn't even offensively bad, but yeah, compared to the male main character? Just ... *sigh*.

... I wonder if any company ever offered any cosmetic DLC to un-cheesecake a character? I'd consider buying it, if only to send a message?

Anyway, looking forward to the game, but I'd better get around to finishing the 3DS titles first. ... Come to think of it, I haven't actually finished a Fire Emblem since Path of Radiance, which was my first. Huh.

• rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    This box art is the first time I saw that the Japanese title is nothing like the English one. More like "wind flower snow moon." I stumbled onto this site that went into the potential meaning and its pretty interesting for anyone else late to the party like me.

rahkeesh2000 on
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    Mo8McSO.png

I accept paypal or check Nintendo

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Ahahaha. Claude just by himself upside down on the special edition... oh god that's funny.

• SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Claude is magic. Gravity-defying braid power. Golden Deer forever.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    Fan-art that flips the layout:

et8e46tpmbm6.jpg

That seems like it would have been fine.

Fan-art that flips the layout:

et8e46tpmbm6.jpg

That seems like it would have been fine.

That's like, 1000 times better. Although it doesn't matter to me, my days of seeing box art are over. All digital go go go!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Doesn't really matter to me either since I'll be getting the EU limited edition..if it ever becomes available. Seriously, it's been almost a month since the Direct and no retailer has it up for pre-order yet.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, that reminds me. Over here in the US, I've been sitting here with my Twitters settings set up to alert me every time Amiibo Alerts tweets, waiting for the news that the special edition was available to preorder. But I set that up the day after e3 and no news, so I just went ahead and checked. Lo and behold, it was available at Best Buy. So. Either I stumbled upon prime knowledge that Amiibo Alerts has not tweeted about before or since, or it's been available for me to purchase and I'm just a dumb dumb.

• ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, that reminds me. Over here in the US, I've been sitting here with my Twitters settings set up to alert me every time Amiibo Alerts tweets, waiting for the news that the special edition was available to preorder. But I set that up the day after e3 and no news, so I just went ahead and checked. Lo and behold, it was available at Best Buy. So. Either I stumbled upon prime knowledge that Amiibo Alerts has not tweeted about before or since, or it's been available for me to purchase and I'm just a dumb dumb.

Gamestop put the SE up for order the day after the Last Direct when they announced it. Sold out within a day too from what I remember.

• Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Sorry, that's what I was trying to say. That I remembered day 1 when it sold out everywhere, and that's why I didn't check every day. But as soon as I did check, it's available at Best Buy. Free shipping, too. So now I have a slightly better box art to look forward to.

• edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
    I think it looks fine, but every time that happens it turns out I'm apparently the only one so whatever.

Oh looking at that trailer I just realized there is a fisticuffs class.

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Ahhh. The bow is actually right. It's a combnation of the perspective not being head on and the tip having a slightly different shape. It's not just like a straight line it has a little fin like tip which with the flair gives the impression of the tip not being in the right spot.

• EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    The official Japanese boxart has been shown alongside some special edition stuff, and...

three-houses-box1-188x300.jpg

... why is Claude upside down?

Also two music tracks:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjE0NrRu358
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gzWCVcY0rA

Hes upside down because hes team yellow and clueless just like the yellow team in pokemon go

Damn, I realized the version of FE7 I bought is the European release :/ It's really really annoying me seeing "Ositia" instead of "Ostia"... Grrr...

edited March 2019
    Got through RD...

Hmm...I liked it more than I did the first time through but a lot of my criticisms still stand.

FE is a series that kind of has to balance restrictions and freedom because you go to far to either side and the game is a lot less fun. On that note, given the size of the roster I feel the game way too restrictive. Sure they give you waves and infinite spawns to try and mitigate this but that's more grindy and annoying than anything.

So much so that the game has to give you OP units, infinite use weapons, and exploitable win conditions at the end to balance things out.

Also, the support system was really bad. Like the characters have little to no opportunity to display personality and most of the "conversations" are just "Hey, be careful, bro."

So overall, liked it more but still about ranked the same on my personal FE list.

Also...I forgot how generally terrible Micaiah's group is. The fact that you have to waste 1/3 of the game's XP on a team full of folks you probably are never gonna use again will never not annoy me.

Dragkonias on
  • TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    Damn, I realized the version of FE7 I bought is the European release :/ It's really really annoying me seeing "Ositia" instead of "Ostia"... Grrr...

Annoyingly it's not even consistent. It's Ositia and Lahus in the missions but goes back to Ostia and Laus in the narration between missions.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
This discussion has been closed.