As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New [Fashion] thread. Quite stylish.

• Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    I'm really liking my Allbirds

I might get another pair in a different style

Those look great. A lot of the color combos from the wool runners there are super neat too.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    They have a nice simplicity to them, like Chucks, but seem to have a more ethical supply model. I'm going to see what I can find out about their manufacturing and production and how the workers are treated.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Hi fashion thread

Today I bought two articles of clothing for my roommate's upcoming birthday party

One of them is a dance belt

Anyways stay tuned!

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Looking for ideas for something very specific but perhaps not exactly "fashionable": I need a long, preferably knee-length, waterproof rain jacket. Something good for rainy summer months, so lightweight too if possible.
    I'd prefer to buy from Amazon but I'll consider other vendors online. Going to a physical store and browsing in person isn't an option.
    Anyone have suggested brands?

• Options
    PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    I guess fanny packs are acceptable again? Except you wear them across your shoulders instead this time round

6u6cicingnzn.png

I don't know why people hate them so much last time though, they were so useful and comfy to wear

Peas on
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    That's true and correct and I'm into it! What I'm not into is some people fucking this up by wearing the bag ALL THE WAY right up there in the pit

I'm like y'all don't cut off your circulation, holy hell

(I've witnessed this twice in the last couple of months)

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    That is just a weird tiny backpack he's put on the wrong way around

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    It’s trendy that way apparently these days

O lord so remember that awesome black and white tweed kinda jacket I got (that I did not get the pants for)
    That company is having it’s drop 3 this Thursday
    They have 23 pieces and I gotta get at least a few because I loooove these clothes and their look and it suits me and what I wanna go for
    But 1) can’t decide which pieces I want
    2) my psychiatrist appointment is at 10:30am and the drop is at 11am

I might needa make my friend buy

Here are some of the things:
    18-east-drop-three-lookbook-02-960x640.jpg

18-east-drop-three-lookbook-04-960x640.jpg

18-east-drop-three-lookbook-13.jpg

18-east-drop-three-lookbook-11.jpg

Decisions!!!

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    godmode wrote: »
    Looking for ideas for something very specific but perhaps not exactly "fashionable": I need a long, preferably knee-length, waterproof rain jacket. Something good for rainy summer months, so lightweight too if possible.
    I'd prefer to buy from Amazon but I'll consider other vendors online. Going to a physical store and browsing in person isn't an option.
    Anyone have suggested brands?

You could see if there's something like that in the Good threads brand

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    I love that short sleeved shirt, but I would absolutely look like a European drug baron who owns a small Caribbean island if I did

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Not seeing the problem

• Options
    I love that shirt too yeah, that’s probably my top thing

It’s tough decisions
    Two of those jackets are pretty dope too

And the indigo tee
    And maybe the chocolate brown pants
    (And those long sleeve sweater things, there’s a reddish one too)

But I can prob only really get a few things so I gotta think hard

poo
  • Options
    I got my tax return

Time to spend money on clothes

Er um running shoes

Oops, I meant pay off some debt and stash a little for vacation

• Options
    It’s okay I owe dick loads of money in taxes but I am still gonna buy clothes.

poo
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    Hmm. The herrington jacket I ordered "fits" but not quite how I'd like. The length of the sleeves and jacket itself are great, but it's so goddamn tight around my stomach. It basically feels like it's a size or two too small in the chest/stomach area. I could live with it but it's not exactly comfortable enough to wear all day long which it will be for months at a time. It wasn't described as a slim fit but it definitely is and slim fit shirts and jackets just don't fit me.

I think I'll order a large and see if it fits better. Hopefully the sleeves aren't too long.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    I ordered some button up shirts and khakis from Uniqlo, and some running shoes from Amazon. My shoe store went out of business, probably because of fucking Amazon, so I feel guilty, but they're gone

:?

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I personally can't stand buying shoes online because even though a shoe is technically my size sometimes they don't fit well or maybe that specific brand is different in some way and I don't like it. Do people order lots of shoes online? Do you end up returning if they don't fit? I don't like that hassle.

Clothes and shoe shopping is about the only shopping I like to do in person anymore, assuming I can find a store where someone isn't going to hassle me every 3 minutes. Like even in the same brand a Large might be way too small even if it's the same style shirt in a different color. Or jeans can have a slightly different fit even if it's the same brand and "model" (what's the term for this??).

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I like doing all of my shopping in person, but shoes are probably highest on that list. I've occasionally re-ordered the same shoe as a direct replacement, but I don't really like doing that, so it's not a frequent thing.

• Options
    I found running shoes that fit well and correct my ankle roll problems a few years ago, at the store that went out of business. I just buy that shoe over and over

I just bought my fifth pair

(Brooks Adrenaline GTS)

The 2019 version just came out, so I found a pair of 2018s for half the price of the 2019s.

• Options
    my weirdo barefoot boots got a hole in them but i put shoe goo in them and it fixed them i think

poo
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    I've had good luck buying shoes online, usually through Zappos or Amazon, and the few times I did need to do a return or exchange it was really easy.

I actually need to buy a new pair of sneakers for a trip this May and there's a good chance I may buy 4-6 pairs from Zappos and only keep the pair I like best. If I can find the sames ones in the color I want locally isn't necessarily easier, and may mean going to different stores at different malls to do so. In my case ordering from Zappos, having them here in 2-3 days, and just shop back the ones I don't like.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    The only time I've done shoe shopping online was when there was a variety of vans with a better cushiony insole that I couldn't find in stores - and I still checked like four different vans varieties in the store to be sure of the exact size before ordering cause I'm very paranoid about getting shoes in the wrong size.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    I hate doing returns so much that even if I buy something that doesn't fit it's a coin flip as to whether I'll return it or just accept that I made a mistake and donate it to charity or whatever

And that's for in-person stuff, not the significantly worse online

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    So I've been using the Better Than Sex mascara and the effect is really extreme on me because I have naturally long lashes, also I had a lash break off yesterday which I heard is a thing which can happen with waterproof mascara

Basically I wanna ask whether there are any problems with non-waterproof mascara

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    I want them, even though I couldn't pull them off probably (my fashion sense has deteriorated)

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    arright, i've sat with it almost a week and i'm still not fully onboard with this.

from the penultimate post of the previous thread:
    Saddle up folx
    there be a haircut below
    Now, I said I wasn't sure what I wanted, but to probably keep most of the length, trim it up a bit, maybe some layers. Just want a change from what I have -- was there anything she'd wanted to practice? I mentioned this was a grown-out asymmetrical bob with an undershave, sure let's do the undershave again. I'm at the point that if she'd shown initiative, I would chop it down, but I was keeping my aims conservative since I'd like to bleach and dye it sometime this summer maybe, and I like moar color.

After she's shaved it, mentions she had been wanting to practice designs, sure, I'm down.
    bvc022ffuonl.jpg
    9iy5hlewkggx.jpg
    y4ml0xyc2a8d.jpg
    While the design looks shitty now that I have a better view --rather than the kinda cool inverse effect I thought I was seeing-- it was, like, her first time trying something other than straight vertical lines, and I offered myself as a cosmetic dummy. Obviously I want it cleaned up a little, there's no fixing that bald spot where I assume she was going for intersecting lines but didn't pull it out long or keep it narrow enough to make that obvious, and maybe let's add repetition rather than just pure randomness (looking at you, solid amorphous shape in the rear.) And she shaved further back than I said, but whatever, it'll grow back or I can shave it down.

I'm more unsatisfied with the cut. Like, does it seem half-assed to anyone else? I was a walk-in, but the last time I did this, (also as a walk-in) the lady thinned it out and shaped it so that it laid evenly whether I had it flipped to hide or show the shaved side. Maybe then I was more clear I was flexible and she felt more free to cut, but this time, the woman had a guy waiting for her at a certain point, so it may just have been a rush job, despite it taking an hour. I had her add more layers, but it was distinctly mushroomy the first go. Then I flipped my hair to cover the shaved side, and only then did she taper the left side a bit.

It just looks poufy and kinda uneven in a frumpy way to me, but if I go in to get it fixed, I want feedback first, and help to better articulate what I want since this effect is apparently not it. I'm trying to remember if last time it was purely dry-cut, because the girl this time did mention my hair being thick, coarse, and with curl/waves...

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah the shaved part does not look good and you should try and get that fixed in one way or another.

I think it looks fine when you're doing a center part sort of thing, personally, but if that's not what you're looking for (and if you're looking to get the shaved part fixed up already), then I think it would be worth trying to get that evened out as well, because it also doesn't look great, y'know?

• Options
    Yes I’m happy about this

Some of you may not like this but I very much like this

pAUG0i7.jpg

poo
  • Options
    I'm more concerned about the future of your hips trying to get in and out of a bed on ground level!

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Platy wrote: »
    So I've been using the Better Than Sex mascara and the effect is really extreme on me because I have naturally long lashes, also I had a lash break off yesterday which I heard is a thing which can happen with waterproof mascara

Basically I wanna ask whether there are any problems with non-waterproof mascara

I used to use Clinique's mascara which was decent and only washed off with warm water, I liked them when I was still terrified of makeup and wanted more subtle shades, and they had a nice brown one

The only issues with non-waterproof are that sometimes if you tear up/your eyes water it'll drag the mascara down with it. Sometimes I find it will have bled below or at the corner of my eye, probably due to squinting or touching my face or something; I find waterproof is a little less likely to do that

If you don't wear mascara for an overly long time and get a good, gentle makeup cleanser/face wash then you'll probably see less lash loss

(My usual waterproof one these days is one of Urban Decay's, if you need a brand rec)

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I swearrrrrr by Urban Decay's Perversion. It's not a full waterproof mascara, which I find I do NOT like, but it will stand up to all but the MOST raunchy 110% humidity environments/outright torrential downpours/swimming adventures.

I also second the recommendation for a very gentle makeup remover - I have had a strong adverse reaction to most astringent removers and now literally only use hot water and Lush's Ultrabland if you can get it where you are. It works like a charm to pull even the most die-hard mascara/eye makeup off extra gently.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    bowen wrote: »
    I'm more concerned about the future of your hips trying to get in and out of a bed on ground level!

Not actually my bed
    I went into roommates room cuz he has a proper mirror

He’s a yoga instructor tho

poo
  • Options
    POKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMANPOKÉMON MASTER WT SHERMAN i can make this march and i will make georgia howlRegistered User regular
    Yes I’m happy about this

https://i.imgur.com/pAUG0i7.jpg
    it's extremely good, actually

vQ77AtR.png
    steam | xbox live: IGNORANT HARLOT | psn: MadRoll | nintendo network: spinach
    3ds: 1504-5717-8252
  • Options
    bowen wrote: »

Not actually my bed
    I went into roommates room cuz he has a proper mirror

He’s a yoga instructor tho

crazy!

looks good though man

• Options
    Yes I’m happy about this

https://i.imgur.com/pAUG0i7.jpg
    it's extremely good, actually

So many pockets 😍
    But in person it’s better cuz each patch is a different fabric and feel

poo
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    i bought a lot of things from that drop

i justified it into my budget
    i went snowboarding less this year and my trip to italy will be mostly free so it's okay

but i didn't get this shirt but i think i could rock it but i dunno if i should:
    GRA_0327_1024x1024@2x.JPG?v=1551497261
    hmm

(i mean i probably / definitely won't because i bought enough other things)

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    I bought some of that bossman beard jelly, I will let y'all know my thoughts after it arrives

• Options
    I had a dream that I had this jacket with a tiger printed on the back
    And I shrunk it in the dryer so it came out kids size

Like sized for a 10 year old
    My clothing anxiety yikes

I think the below is why I had that dream:
    on that 18east drop yesterday, I had asked ahead of time sizes based on my general measurements (5’6”, 145lbs, 29 waist usually)
    And they said XS or S in the work pants depending on how loose I’m okay with in the waist
    So when it dropped I got XS

But looking after the fact, the measurements on the XS are 14” and S is 15.5”
    Most pants I have I just measured are just short of 15”
    So I really really hope it fits 🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽 and I don’t regret not getting the small (they’re all sold out now except the L)

poo
  • Options
    Fingers crossed! Anxiety gets you in the worst ways, all the time

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    the worst case scenario is at least i can return it

but the sad thing is i cannot exchange it since there is nothing to exchange it for

it's pretty tho
    GRA_0185_1024x1024@2x.JPG?v=1551511056

i need more good pants

in the realm of cheap pants, uniqlo has these drawstring jw anderson collab pants for 39 bucks that look pretty good

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo