As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Forget It Jake, It's [Gotham]

124»

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    NEW GOTHAM NOW!

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i am gonna get indian food and watch the heck outta new gotham tonight

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I watched this. It certainly was a premiere with decisions that I disagree with.
    It's season five, I'm already invested in the bullshit guys. I don't need an 'in media res' cold open to get me to keep watching. Also, I guess that someone had to die so it had to be Tabitha. Sure, let's kill the one PoC main character we have. In the dumbest way possible. Awesome.

Unrelated, taking bets on who The Witch is going to be. I mean, it's probably either Leslie or Ivy.

Everything else was fine.

sig.gif
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I loved it!!!

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    This week's episode was once again great.

And I loved that the people holding "the Witch" all sounded/looked like they came from the 18th century.

The Witch is my favorite iteration of
    Poison Ivy in the comics. She basically takes over Gotham Park and goes full-on Mother Nature in there. She even ends up taking in the homeless kids of Gotham and has them as her eyes and ears outside.

sig.gif
    it was so good to see victor zsasz show up again this week. he is an absolute delight.

6vjsgrerts6r.png

Worst moment of the episode
    putting duct tape on Zsasz's mouth.

I am curious about
    WTF is going on with Ed. Like, sure the split-personality mystery thing is fine, but Riddler never seemed like the "RPG to the Homeless Shelter" kind of dude, even when he was full-throttle.

sig.gif
  • lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    I'm finally catching up on the season and wow, this is a great last season of Gotham. I just ended the Zsasz episode which is always good as he's one of my favorite characters in the show.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    When did they fully open up the floodgates of crazy on this show?
    I mean, it started out as a fairly normal cop show, but it gradually became very, very comic book in a glorious way.

i think my favorite part of all of gotham is how casual everyone is about clayface's existence

6vjsgrerts6r.png

i mean other than the fact
    scarface just got introduced this week

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Oh god what season of Gotham are we at now.

How long have I been asleep?!

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
    five perfect seasons

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I only have one question.

Are the goggles still on the outside of the hood?

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
    i can safely assert that catwoman is no longer wearing those damn goggles on her head

6vjsgrerts6r.png

Well I have no idea how to feel about that.

I really thought that I would have an extremely strong opinion, but I just kind of feel a mixture of relief and disappointment.

It's very familiar somehow.

watch gotham

6vjsgrerts6r.png

I really do need to get back in to this show, I just don't remember where I left off.

Guess I better start over from the beginning.

i mean other than the fact
    scarface just got introduced this week
    Also Croc and Jane Doe.

sig.gif
    see317 wrote: »
    When did they fully open up the floodgates of crazy on this show?
    I mean, it started out as a fairly normal cop show, but it gradually became very, very comic book in a glorious way.

Episode four? Maybe five?

It became insane very quickly and has only gotten crazier.

For a show that was hyping the heck out of Bane, we're not actually getting a whole lot of him. Cue the last three episodes being wall-to-wall, probably.

And apparently Erin Richards directed this week's episode, so that's neat.

sig.gif
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    For anyone who's having trouble staying awake...
    qndxitxw7nsv.jpeg
    NEVER SLEEP AGAIN!

Doctor Detroit on
    Series finale synopsis:
    The series flash-forwards 10 years into the future, as Bruce is set to return to Gotham for the opening of the new Wayne Tower. A series of crimes leads Gordon to believe Penguin and The Riddler are up to their old tricks. However, when Bullock is framed for a murder, Gordon begins to piece together an even more sinister plot targeting the city, and a new figure emerges from the shadows to be the hero Gotham desperately needs in the all-new "The Beginning... " series finale episode of GOTHAM airing Thursday, April 25

Anyone who called Batman showing up in the last episode gets a No-Prize.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
    I am so ready.

it all ends next week and i am not ready

but i absolutely adore how shitty gotham's bane was at his job, right to the end

6vjsgrerts6r.png

Bruce Wayne was especially stiff this week, which was kind of odd.

And probably joining a million other people, I totally guessed (correctly) what the baby's name was going to be.

sig.gif