As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mighty Morphin Power Thread: where we of course talk about TMNT

• Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    The cockpit finishers kind of remind me of how LuVPat handled their finishers, aside from the helmet change, so that should work. The helmet change is much less forced than the changes in other seasons, so that's good.

I'm not a big fan of the theme song, or at least the back half of it, but it's fine. I'd also be fine with them skipping the "Go, Go" phrasing for the next couple of seasons, just for variety, although it does make sense this season, given the source material references.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    A couple of preview clips for tomorrow's first episode have popped up online. Putting them in a spoiler box for obvious reasons but just in case, the screencap for the second clip shows off two of the main villains.

• Options
    MancingtomMancingtom Registered User regular
    Caught today's repeat of the Beast Morphers premiere. It's easily the best opening since RPM and I'm officially on the hype train. Choo choo, my friends, choo choo.
    My biggest problem with the Neo-Saban shows is that everyone was so bland. You could sum up each of the Samurai Rangers in one line, and none of them ever grew past that. Dino Charge was a little better, but then its second season happened.

Here, Devon, Zoey, and Ravi show more character in 20 minutes than the Neo-Saban teams did in 2 seasons. It has a strong supporting cast as well- I'm hopeful we'll get some good "parents as people" stories this series- the Comic Duo is a huge step up from Ninja Steel. I'll take earnest but bumbling over mean-spirited and incompetent any day.

The villains are the weakest point so far. Evox's design feels like something out of Powerpoint, and the Blaze/Roxy avatars seem too mustache-twirly. But I'll reserve final judgment in case they grow past that.

Also, sidenote, it's crazy that the Nickelodeon app doesn't let you watch shows with a Comcast account. Either put it on Hulu or start your own streaming service, but don't lash people to a tv schedule like it's 1999.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    It's wild that one of the villain suits from the start of Beast Morphers is the same suit that was used for a villain near the end of Go-Busters. Seeing that suit was a big deal, but it's in this show from the start.

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    It's wild that one of the villain suits from the start of Beast Morphers is the same suit that was used for a villain near the end of Go-Busters. Seeing that suit was a big deal, but it's in this show from the start.

Ah yes the Goldar Effect in action.

• Options
    Renzo wrote: »

It'll be interesting to see if they adapt that villain's other fighting form.
    EZj5Bh4.jpg

More so one they attained briefly during a DVD special.
    kC3Mkyp.png

• Options
    Speculation:
    Do you think they’ll go for a Psycho Rangers thing with Blaze and Roxy? I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Blaze was shown to be a dick.

If the Avatars have the knowledge of the original, that gives them a huge advantage over the Rangers- they know everything about Grid Battleforce, while Evox is a complete unknown.

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    The plot and lore and just the general setup of all the characters was great, and I really like Devon

But I had the same problem with it that I had with Dimension In Danger which is that they desperately need to learn pacing

Felt like I was watching it on 2x speed

• Options
    They should go back to the two-part premiere. I don’t know why they feel the need to rush- they’re guaranteed two seasons.

Kids have enough attention span for an hour-long special.

• Options
    You know, I'm really hoping that the other shoe won't drop on the series via the Beast-Bots. Not sure if they're gonna get personalities or not but if they do, I hope they'll be good ones. This'll be especially important for when the team's Sixth Ranger comes around as seen in the Go-Busters clip below (boxed due to spoilers).

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/5kCQf2St844

Looks like this might end up a pretty solid budget fighting game.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Give me some deep cuts with the cast and I'm probably in. I want my Ziggy/Z/RJ team to be a reality.

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Give me some deep cuts with the cast and I'm probably in. I want my Ziggy/Z/RJ team to be a reality.

RJ, Finster, Lt. Stone, Cestro, Zordon, Pineapple the Clown, Divatox and Megaforce Ernie or NOTHING.

sig.gif
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

The three deepest cut characters are:

Kat Ranger from SPD (she was in one episode)
    Mastadon Sentry (bad mook from the comics)
    Ranger Slayer (Evil pink ranger from the comics)

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options

The three deepest cut characters are:

Kat Ranger from SPD (she was in one episode)
    Mastadon Sentry (bad mook from the comics)
    Ranger Slayer (Evil pink ranger from the comics)

The latter two are BASICALLY just Cool Zack and Cool Kimberly though. It's just a way to get them in there and not have them just be reskins of Jason.

sig.gif
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Don't you dare disparage evil Pink Ranger, the best literary concept this damn franchise has ever devised

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    No I know, it's great that they went for her instead of Regular Kimberly, I'm just saying it's not that obscure, people will know that's the pink ranger but cooler.

sig.gif
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Pink Ranger was already the coolest, so that's saying something

• Options
    CururuCururu Registered User regular
    Can I play as Lord Zed's evil rangers?

• Options
    Cururu wrote: »
    Can I play as Lord Zed's evil rangers?

sort of, the pallette swaps kind of seem like a nod to them

but not as awful, which is sad

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    we've seen like four characters and the game is out next month

i would expect to see like, two more characters, probably representing common colours like black or blue

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I don't know anything about Ninja Storm but the Blue Ranger suit in that is super cute they should use that one

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    the two blues in the mobile game that get the most use are In Space and Ninja Steel, might be one of those

• Options
    edited March 2019
    I said Ninja Storm Zack. The one that's like, cyan, with a cute skirt

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    She's great! I'm just saying whats in the other version!

• Options
    She's great! I'm just saying whats in the other version!

Well fix it for this one!

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I don't know anything about Ninja Storm but the Blue Ranger suit in that is super cute they should use that one

Tori would be a good choice, yeah.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    YO THEY ADDED MEGAZORD FATALITIES

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Some strong Blodia vibes there.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LweYTjCFXsI

Starting March 23 and going until April 7, Shout Factory TV will celebrate March Madness by livestreaming 8 seasons of Super Sentai. Zyuranger, Ohranger, Carranger, Megaranger, Gingaman, GoGoFive, Timeranger, and Gaoranger
    In honor of March Madness, this marathon is titled Super Sentai Madness and in the spirit of the season fans will have the opportunity to pit their favorite villains against each by voting for their favorites!

Even better, during the live finale on April 7 Shout! Factory's Brian Ward will be joined by Mighty Morphin Power Ranger's Karan Ashley and Power Rangers Hyperforce's Andre Meadows to break down all of the villain match-ups and reveal the winner!

• Options
    TairuTairu Registered User regular
    I haven't been a big Power Rangers fan in about 20 years but I started reading the current run of comics and it is uhhhhhh very good.

Beyond the Grid is fantastic, and Walter Baiamonte deserves an award for his coloring.

• Options
    Kinda loathe to mention any bit of news on April 1st but this at least looks cool.

VALfrsL.jpg

If legit, The Psycho Path is the next PR graphic novel, dealing with the return of the Psycho Rangers and the KO-35 siblings teaming up to stop them. It's release date's in October.

• Options
    Its real, this has actually already been announced

The writer is also the person behind the EXTREMELY good IDW TMNT run

• Options
    I actually kinda liked this week’s Beast Morphers, instead of just wanting to like it

• Options
    Jimothy wrote: »
    I actually kinda liked this week’s Beast Morphers, instead of just wanting to like it

I really dug the monster

get it

• Options
    Jimothy wrote: »

I really dug the monster

get it

Boo, off the stage

• Options
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Kinda loathe to mention any bit of news on April 1st but this at least looks cool.

VALfrsL.jpg

If legit, The Psycho Path is the next PR graphic novel, dealing with the return of the Psycho Rangers and the KO-35 siblings teaming up to stop them. It's release date's in October.

It's real, it was announced last week. I'm so excited it's basically the perfect comic for me

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    z8STxgv.jpg

Power Rangers: Battle For The Grid will be adding three new characters for free in it's first update. Udonna is the White Mystic Force Ranger who lost her powers at the start of that series and didn't get them back until the end. Dragon Armor Trini is from the MMPR comics.

mlAWpiX.jpg

The armor was made from the remains of a comics-original enemy called the Black Dragon and used by Trini during one of the fights against Lord Drakkon.