As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fighting Games] As conceived in 2016 by Twitter operators

• DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    Holy cow that Johnny Cage fatality

yeah I think I might start with him, my character making me laugh to play is a big factor in my decisions

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    i hope that by MK17 Cage is a full blown Steven Seagal-alike with bad dye job, implausibly puffy face and all

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular

i hope samsho stays true to its roots and we finally get a game with some real neutral

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    Can someone enlighten the unwashed masses w/ regards to that weird ass match?

• l_gl_g Registered User regular
    Can someone enlighten the unwashed masses w/ regards to that weird ass match?

Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
  • MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    I have no idea what characters those are, having only played Samurai Showdowns 1-3 but

that is Pretty Okay.

• KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    The big one is Kusaregedo, which (very) roughly translated means Shit Heretic. He is a cannibal who fights with his own sharpened arm bone and throws poop.

The other guy is Yoshitora, who fights with six swords and a secret, sealed seventh sword that can only be unsealed for use by hitting the opponent with each of the other six.

SamSho 5S is a really fun game, yall.

• El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    They're both new characters from SamSho 5.
    The yokai demon thing is alleged to possibly be Shizumaru's (young redhead boy with the sword and umbrella) dad, and the yellow-robed dude with all the swords was the series new hero.

El Fantastico on
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    Holy cow that Johnny Cage fatality

That has to be a gag based on the 3 head punch in MK2, right?

It is 100% a callback to his mk2 fatality, they confirmed it on the last kombat kast

• The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    The saga of the cereal fgc tier lists continues

icGJy2C.png
    Julia asking you to like and subscribe after a win is too much

I can't handle my fighting games referring to hip modern things like they did in the 90s

If I do not see this happen at EVO I will be disappointed.

Negan is real fun.

Julia is Julia. Same fuckin' Chang garbage. Party crasher and mad axes and bullshit.

• DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    when I'm caught up on my backlog I was gonna buy negan and practice up

Daebunz on
    7yh4xczljsym.png
  • ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
  • LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Considering the sheer amount of costumes that's actually fine IMO?

Like that's a buck or two per costume. If you really want everything put out over the season it's a price per item that's not really any worse than other fighting games.

They just make way more costumes than other fighting games do, so the cost to have EVERYTHING is higher. But I don't really see a problem with that. Buying 60+ costumes in Street Fighter or whatever is probably not gonna be cheaper.

• DeansDeans Registered User regular
    Selling season passes before revealing what's actually in the pass has always been real shady, even if it's been normalized somewhat. The much higher than usual cost just amplifies that shadiness.

• THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    I'm sure it's 62 very well-crafted pieces of jerkoff material

But if you wanna spend almost a hundred bucks on them, I can't cosign.

THESPOOKY on
    d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    62 sounds low. I half expected a few hundred.

• LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    62 sounds low. I half expected a few hundred.

If it’s anything like 5, they’ll get there

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Bit the bullet and preordered MK11 today.

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Granblue Fantasy Fighter looking good..

https://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm34711265
    Hope he shows up on Saltybet

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless

i'm assuming this trailer is new? it rules

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/391421167##

They did a stream of that new Power Rangers game and apparently it looks good?

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Sounds like SFV is gonna be getting a update soon. Should be interesting.

Dragkonias wrote: »

? source? i haven't heard anything at all, other than some people think E-Honda is next

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Jasconius wrote: »
    Dragkonias wrote: »

? source? i haven't heard anything at all, other than some people think E-Honda is next

VesperArcade did a video about it on his YT that goes indepth.

Long story short.

- SFV just had an update. Folks datamined it and found some stuff about second V-Skills. And a bunch of other stuff but that was most important.
    - Ono posted a picture on his Twitter. He showed E Honda...(also had Sean on it...which given Ono I wouldn't be surprised with a troll like that).
    - Arcade version got announced for the Friday of Final Round and people think that's cause the Arcade Version will come with the update already installed).

Dragkonias on
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    I want that damn Power Rangers game. It doesn't even have a page up on Steam yet, and apparently the PC release is sometime in the far-off future known as "Summer."

i did hear some people have theorized that the actual arcade cab will have all season 4 characters pre-installed and so the next update will just drop all the remaining characters

that would be pretty insane, and welcome, but also somewhat unbelievable

all i know is that if they don't announce something at Final Round people are going to be pulling their hair out... so weird, last year it seemed like Capcom finally got ahead of the curve, releasing characters way earlier than expected, etc...

• RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Max seems to like a lot of things in that power rangers game that are already in BBTag.

Oh, and then he immediately calls it out, good job Max.

I'm worried that Saban might try to crack down on streams, but I also don't think it would ever get that popular.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    Max seems to like a lot of things in that power rangers game that are already in BBTag.

I'm worried that Saban might try to crack down on streams, but I also don't think it would ever get that popular.

@Radius Power Rangers is now owned by Hasbro

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    Radius wrote: »

@Radius Power Rangers is now owned by Hasbro

Oh huh. Maybe I can look into Power Rangers again? I had personally refused to buy or support anything Power Rangers related due to 'fuck Saban and their sue-happy asshole greedy piece of shit take that thinks they own anything Sentai related outside of Japan'.

Because fuck Saban. They're not as evil as Harmony Gold, but they're close.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    UNIST is currently $20 on PSN.
    I'm hoping they have a similar sale on steam so I can convince a friend or two to get it on PC. But in the meantime, just spreading the good word.

ArcticLancer on
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i am pleased because this means it will finally go on sale

i meant when i had more money dammit

liEt3nH.png
    Man I wish there was some kind of MK Kollection on PS4. I’m in the mood to play through a bunch of old MK games in the lead up to 11.

they occasionally put MKX on super duper sale... I would be on the lookout

I have MKX and I may boot it up sometime over the next month even though I'm sure MK11 will be quite different

This discussion has been closed.