As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East Schedule and Expo Map Now Available!

MephistoN7MephistoN7 Sexual TyrannosaurusKeene, NHRegistered User regular
Oh man it's happening!

erdub14zr3u2.png

• Options
    ogbaogba Registered User regular
    No blizzard booth is very disappointing

• Options
    MephistoN7MephistoN7 Sexual Tyrannosaurus Keene, NHRegistered User regular
    Their recent internal shake up might have played a factor, not sure.

erdub14zr3u2.png

• Options
    ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    It's up on Guidebook as well.

I couldn't help but notice there's no keynote/storytime on the schedule though.

Coldbrew on
    NSw0gum.png
  • Options
    XenigmaXenigma Registered User regular
    I'm more than a little surprised by this panel schedule. No Storytime, no FFXIV, no Harmonix, and no Magic the Gathering all seem odd to varying degrees. At least the latter has a sizable booth, which I guess will handle double-duty for War of the Spark spoilers and Arena demos, but I figured a panel was a given after the trailer tease recently.

Also currently missing (but should be added soon) is War of Awards on Saturday, 7:30PM in Dragonfly. If you missed it last year, it's simple and fun: audience members debate what the best games of 2018 were in various categories, with the winners being decided via live caucusing. I know Saturday night has a lot of good events as always, but if you aren't already committed to the concerts or whatever else, I highly recommend considering this option!

Pins? Pins!
    PAX East Attendee since 2011
  • Options
    ogbaogba Registered User regular
    If larian studios brings divinity again for the 10th time.....ugh

• Options
    krae_mankrae_man Registered User regular
    There's a Retronauts panel so I'm happy.

• Options
    MephistoN7MephistoN7 Sexual Tyrannosaurus Keene, NHRegistered User regular
    The only thing I would note about no storytime is there is a giant chunk of Day 1 at the beginning with no panels. It's possible they're still locking down the speaker and didn't want to post anything yet.

The lack of an FFXIV panel is surprising, but that tells me that where Tokyo Fanfest is the weekend beforehand they will have nothing new to tell us additional to what will be revealed there. And lord knows he probably doesn't want to repeat a Q&A after the 2017 nonsense (ie. How to derail a panel and crash it into an abyss in 10 seconds). So it's likely they skipped a panel this year to avoid repeating the same info again. Shadowbringers posters likely at the SE booth (foam great swords please!).

Aside from Justin Roiland, this will actually be the first year that I'm all set with the panels there. A couple jump out to me as curiosity but not "must go". Still, I tend to make my own fun and memories at PAX. So I'm good.

erdub14zr3u2.png

• Options
    PeityPeity Registered User regular
    Where on the website can I find the expo map? I've looked, but must be blind.

• Options
    whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Here:
    p01fpmxlqbj21.png

whypick1 on
    Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    I've definitely seen the storytime get added after the initial schedule release.

• Options
    Chris B.Chris B. Registered User regular
    How many times would you all say the schedule for PAX East gets updated from its release to the event and also during the event?

Chris B.
    YT Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCy0ysTqAt4AzNdxNQ2oXsg
    christovonhool@gmail.com
  • Options
    iltailta Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Before: a whole buncha. During? Pretty rarely; more likely you show up to something and see that someone on a panel who was going to come can't, so they've brought in someone else. It's pretty rare that a panel will just get axed, added, or replaced wholesale within a week of the show -- I don't think I've ever seen that -- so you can certainly be confident of your plans by that point.

ilta on
  • Options
    iltailta Registered User regular
    I also feel like Storytime for Unplugged 2018 wasn't set until like 10 days before though.

• Options
    nevermore13nevermore13 Registered User regular
    The past couple PAXen have seen storytime announced closer to the show. I would he shocked if they don't have it at all this year. My guess is they are in talks about who they want or in talks with the individual they've decided on.

There is a lot of live D&D even more than Unplugged so that's awesome.

• Options
    jayh0vajayh0va Registered User regular
    Haven't seen the guidebook link posted here yet, so...voila!

https://guidebook.com/guide/157110/

npyymaqh3gup.png
  • Options
    SKEETERSKEETER Registered User regular
    jayh0va wrote: »

I wish that the exhibitors section of Guidebook had a little blurb under each company's name, for those of us who might not instantly recognize them by name alone.

• Options
    jayh0vajayh0va Registered User regular
    SKEETER wrote: »
    jayh0va wrote: »

I wish that the exhibitors section of Guidebook had a little blurb under each company's name, for those of us who might not instantly recognize them by name alone.

Definitely. This site was awesome last year: https://geeksgathering.com/pax-east-2018-enhanced-exhibitors-list/
    I'll post if it gets updated.

npyymaqh3gup.png
  • Options
    Guidebook desktop not being able to sync with the app makes using both pointless

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Guidebook desktop not being able to sync with the app makes using both pointless
    What is "guidebook desktop"? Do you mean the web version of guidebook linked above? If so, it's handy to have for just checking out the maps on something that isn't my phone if nothing else. I use the app to make my schedule, but the web link is useful for browsing.

zerzhul on
  • Options
    zerzhul wrote: »
    What is "guidebook desktop"? Do you mean the web version of guidebook linked above? If so, it's handy to have for just checking out the maps on something that isn't my phone if nothing else. I use the app to make my schedule, but the web link is useful for browsing.

I just find it easier to make my schedule using a desktop browser. Still kind of pointless to me for it not to sync with the app too.

• Options
    Yeah it's definitely a bummer that it doesn't sync even if you log in. I haven't tried that, but I'll take your word for it.