As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fighting Games] As conceived in 2016 by Twitter operators

• templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »
    they occasionally put MKX on super duper sale... I would be on the lookout

I have MKX and I may boot it up sometime over the next month even though I'm sure MK11 will be quite different

Play a footsies game instead, boot up UNIST

Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
  • DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    New Granblue Versus character revealed! They make the game look way nuttier than the other characters did, which I think is a good thing.

https://youtu.be/2qlpsbmWHkg

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
  • DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    I dont know anything about this game but I saw that and thought it was hilarious

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    They also show off summons for the first time. It seems like so far Lowain has one and Gran has one. The bit they showed gave flashbacks to the giant characters in Tatsunoko.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Granblue owns

• RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Arcsys will self destruct if they don't include an item character.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • l_gl_g Registered User regular
    That character is a zillion times more interesting and entertaining than any other previewed so far for that fighting game. It almost feels like that character had a way bigger team behind it and a lot more budget/creative leeway.

Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    that character looks arcsys as hell

BahamutZERO.gif
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    frankly a lot of it comes down to the fact that all of the characters previewed so far are pretty standard characters in the game, your basic-ass jrpg party nobodies. charlotta's the one from preview one who has any personality other than being anime pretty.

liEt3nH.png
    that character looks arcsys as hell

I disagree, his shoes aren't nearly large enough and he doesn't have nearly enough buttons on his clothing

• PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Fucking Luminox Genesi. Lancelot dodged it and still got sucked in.

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    On one hand: I've never had fun playing Shang Tsung in a Mortal Kombat game. On the other: I love Tagawa's over-the-top depiction of the character in the first MK movie. Like, enough that I'll give the character another shot in MK11.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »

Oh my god his enthusiasm is so great

• KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    Getting CHT to play shang tsung in a game is so fucking rad of an idea that im actually baffled that it never came up until now

The guy has basically been living as shang tsung for the last 20 years

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Let Shang Morph Again

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    it never occurred to me that the actor in the movie was not also part of the game somehow

he was definitely one of the best parts of that movie... one of the best bad movies of all time

Final Round is this weekend... I have but one wish.. please let there be some surprise character picks. Let's get a FANG... a Ryu.... lets spice this place up

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    it never occurred to me that the actor in the movie was not also part of the game somehow

he was definitely one of the best parts of that movie... one of the best bad movies of all time

Final Round is this weekend... I have but one wish.. please let there be some surprise character picks. Let's get a FANG... a Ryu.... lets spice this place up

grand finals rashid/akuma

tfw you play against Ryu all the damn time online and hate his guts because goddamn it's SHOTOS AGAIN but you would be so hyped to see Ryu in grand finals of a major tournament

online ryu is a force to be reckoned with

• ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Now let me play as a MegaZord

I wonder if success will let them inject some budget into a 2.0 update or something. I’d love it if they were able to get some good production values (though low production values are probably on brand for power rangers). Needs more sparks when people get smacked.

VFX are one thing, for sure, but if they could do anything I'd prefer it be to hire a sound designer and SFX artist. <_<

ive been playing DBFZ for about 1 month now and I'm basically hooked. i feel like for the time invested I've gotten way farther and faster than at any point in street fighter

plz bandai save this game and keep it alive for a couple more years

• DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    This power rangers game looks a lot better than I was expecting

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    That power rangers game looks like it's stealing 50% of it's mechanics from BBTag and 50% of them from Skullgirls.

Which is... a good thing.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Who wants some CvS2?

https://youtu.be/MXAT5zUEPn4

I am absolute garbage at tag Marvel-esque fighting games, but I guess putting effort into a licensed game goes a long way for me. I love watching DBFZ (despite having no interest in DBZ) and I like the concept of Power Rangers more than the execution, but I'll totally watch matches of that too.

Who wants some CvS2?

https://youtu.be/MXAT5zUEPn4

How on earth did they find Buktooth?! I haven't heard that name in like 10 years....

Once again finding a bit of time to put into UNIST and very much enjoying myself. Just trying to get through Linne's mission mode for a start, and plan to play some at biweeklies with my friend who is also trying to learn the game. Just feels really good. <3

The stupid thing is that it's one again making me want to customize another fightstick. I still love my BBTag one and don't want to do anything to it, but dammit I want to make a UNIST one to represent that too. :P

Once again finding a bit of time to put into UNIST and very much enjoying myself. Just trying to get through Linne's mission mode for a start, and plan to play some at biweeklies with my friend who is also trying to learn the game. Just feels really good. <3

The stupid thing is that it's one again making me want to customize another fightstick. I still love my BBTag one and don't want to do anything to it, but dammit I want to make a UNIST one to represent that too. :P

Nice! I was floored by how much I like the game. It's in exactly the sweet spot I want between Street Fighter deliberate pacing and anime / Marvel silliness.

What platform did you get it on?

• CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    ive been playing DBFZ for about 1 month now and I'm basically hooked. i feel like for the time invested I've gotten way farther and faster than at any point in street fighter

As in "give it a push-block?"

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    templewulf wrote: »

Nice! I was floored by how much I like the game. It's in exactly the sweet spot I want between Street Fighter deliberate pacing and anime / Marvel silliness.

I'm a steam boy as I don't have a PS4.

templewulf wrote: »

I'm a steam boy as I don't have a PS4.

Huh, I thought I had you on my Steam friends list, but I don't think I do. Feel free to add me if you want to try out some matches.
    https://steamcommunity.com/id/templewulf

• BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    Oh my god his enthusiasm is so great

Like, way too many years ago, during the prime of Marvel vs Capcom 3, we had him show up at a local fighting game tournament I was running. It wasn't advertised and he was there to meet us for a separate reason, but he still came in and graciously took pictures with a bunch of us there. While we were discussing and an MvC game was being played, he was actually watching with intense curiosity and commenting on how the players were anticipating attacks, reacting, and initiating attacks. It was....pleasant and unexpected at the same time.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
    Cantido wrote: »

As in "give it a push-block?"

That's not on my personal list.. although I may be biased since that would greatly impact my main man Vegito

no i think that Bandai needs to make a definitive public statement about what the rights situation is to back people off their ledge

and they need to find a way to diversify the cast in high level play. the overall cast is pretty decent right now, but it's like Marvel 2, but in a bad way, where a handful of characters just rule the game.. except in DBFZ they're so same-y aesthetically and even gameplay-wise that it just really hurts the interest factor

they buffed Guard Cancel in a good way, but all that did was filter down the cast even further to characters which were not vulnerable to GC

• EuphemonEuphemon itsudemo sagashiteiruyo dokka ni kimi no sugata woRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019

Always a big fan of Gamerbee!

Kind of worried about how this impacts Oil King though...

Euphemon on
    iG3kv1d.png
This discussion has been closed.