As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Y: The Last Man

2»

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited November 2007
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Drakeon wrote: »
    So what's the significance of the cover to #60? Everyone seems to know what it means but me >_>
    He's in some sort of cell, confined by a straitjacket, and he has a stuffed toy monkey. Ergo, none of it was real
    But there's also a baby.

Garlic Bread on
  • AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So what's the significance of the cover to #60? Everyone seems to know what it means but me >_>

last page is him waking up next to Suzanne Pleshette

Algertman on
  • KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Concerning last cover:
    I just assumed it was Yorick messing around trying to break out a straight jacket in his old age while his kid plays with a toy monkey, which would signal a time skip to like 30 or 40 years in the future. He does have greyed out balding hair on the cover.

KVW on
  • AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    KVW wrote: »
    Concerning last cover:
    I just assumed it was Yorick messing around trying to break out a straight jacket in his old age while his kid plays with a toy monkey, which would signal a time skip to like 30 or 40 years in the future. He does have greyed out balding hair on the cover.

That's a sound theory

Algertman on
  • nosnibornosnibor Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Re: things winding down

The last few months of YTLM have been pretty depressing for me, but sometimes that's the only way you can tell a story to give it justice. For instance, I was terribly disappointed with the last 3 books of Stephen King's Dark Tower series (the novels, not the Gunslinger Born comic), but after I thought about it, I couldn't honestly come up with a better ending that made sense in the context of the story.

I've loved YTLM ever since I saw
    Yorick's "Fuck Communism" lighter (love the Preacher reference), which I've always wanted one for myself.
    .I'll be sad to see it go.

nosnibor on
    When you're a spy, it's a good idea to give away your trade secrets in a voiceover on a TV show.
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Fuck I'm going to have to buy the last trade's worth of issues tomorrow.

Sars_Boy on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited January 2008
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    Fuck I'm going to have to buy the last trade's worth of issues tomorrow.

after I got caught up with the trades I started buying it monthly

then bought the trades I have the issues for anyway because i've lent them to like 5 people

Garlic Bread on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    I've only read the first trade, but I absolutely loved it. Unfortunately, my local book store only has Trades 1, 7 and 8 at the moment, so I think I might have to wander to some nearby comic shops in search of the others once I have some cash.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    amazon

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FawfulFawful __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2008
    He's in some sort of cell, confined by a straitjacket, and he has a stuffed toy monkey. Ergo, none of it was real

Does... does that mean
    they are pulling a St. Elsewhere on us? D:
    It is a cover, so it'll be misleading as to what the twist actually is. Still, mindbending concept.
    If by mindbending you mean terribly cliched...

Knowing BKV, I am sure it is meant to be misleading/tongue in cheek. Like most of the Y covers.

Fawful on
    hytd.jpg
  • psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    It'd better be, after an awesome run with Y it'd be painful to watch him screw it up with the Darker and Edgier version of "it was all a dream"

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    It's a red herring, there's no way they would give that away right on the cover.

Lux on
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    If anything I think it's
    Yorick gone insane from the shear amount of shit that just happened to him

Sars_Boy on