As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FATE/GRAND ORDER] Success Rate Up is still a lie

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Nobody cares or agrees with me so I won't go into all the details, but I hate everything added/changed after the main storyline ended. Shinjuku is abysmal, combining all the worst mechanical bits of earlier singularities with an incredibly stupid plot and recycled characters. Along with heavily incorporating the new/different mechanics that suck. The actual game seems to run/load even worse now somehow, although I'll be fair and say there's a chance that's something on my end, somehow.

I might just give up on the story for now, and since there's nothing else to do, just log in to pick up rewards and take a break or something. If the next new event isn't something compelling, with zero upcoming Servants I care about I'm not sure my interest is going to hold.

uyvfOQy.png
  • AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    It's just so strange to hear such heavy complaints about Shinjuku , when it's one of my very favorite singularities. But if you're not enjoying it, don't force yourself to do it. Hell, the "Chapter 1.5" Epic of Remnant singularities aren't even required to be completed in order to do the "Chapter 2" Lostbelt ones, so there's no punishment for not doing them.

• AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Well, I finished final singularity of the first arc.

Despite the fact that Rome and London were awful, despite the fact that it was supposed to be just a stupid little mobile game filled with fanservice and anime stupidity, in the end it was definitely a story worth experiencing and a proof, that it is possible to create a compelling plot even from the weakest foundations. Thanks to the climax of Babylonia, and then entirety of Solomon, Fate Grand Order is now surely in my heart together with stories told by Erikson and Sanderson, who until this moment were for me undisputed kings of epicness.

I don't know when I will start Shinjuku, but I am in no rush to do so - both GUDAGUDAs come first, and then there will be SERAPH... I have prepared 270 SQ and 30 tickets, and in 2 days I will finally learn if they are enough for summoning Okita or not.

Asthariel on
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Nobody cares or agrees with me so I won't go into all the details, but I hate everything added/changed after the main storyline ended. Shinjuku is abysmal, combining all the worst mechanical bits of earlier singularities with an incredibly stupid plot and recycled characters. Along with heavily incorporating the new/different mechanics that suck. The actual game seems to run/load even worse now somehow, although I'll be fair and say there's a chance that's something on my end, somehow.

I might just give up on the story for now, and since there's nothing else to do, just log in to pick up rewards and take a break or something. If the next new event isn't something compelling, with zero upcoming Servants I care about I'm not sure my interest is going to hold.
    You can still clear everything in this singularity by running Jalter+Merlin into it, I really don't know what you're complaining about.

Maybe if you are still trying to smash Berserkers into everything you might have a harder time but you had 7 singularities to experiment with other teams so that's on you.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    JALTER SMASH is gonna be highly in Meta for at least another year.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
    Jeanne Alter only gets brought out of the Bond 10 VIP room for challenge quests. Either way that combo was nice for like a month until the extra life bars showed up. And started appearing on every single story boss. You blow all the cooldowns that would normally end the fight and then have to figure out how to do that much damage 2-3 more times without any skills or NPs. Burst is basically useless now, because they realized they screwed up and need to sell more quartz to try to pull Servants that fit the new meta they created, because they can't legally nerf Jeanne Alter or Merlin. So just change the content to make them less useful.

Oh and now bosses get 4+ actions per turn, because why not? And can drain all your NP bars first turn so your CEs are useless and you waste turns/skills/HP on the traditional 'build up NP trash mobs' wave. And can just full heal for free for no reason when you finally do NP them. Let's just have them spam evade every turn and charge their own NP bar as much as they want with their extra actions so you can't time evade/invincible.

I hate it when you have to either play through once and fail or look up the battle online first to set up a team. And this story is, like I said, as bad about that as Camelot with even more shit stacked on top of it.

uyvfOQy.png
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Dude. I did all of Shinjuku with JALTER SMASH. It works 100% fine. I never had to swap out to other characters. She handles all the bosses perfectly well with her stupidly high damaging critical hits.

Shinjuku is just the introduction to break bars. They don't even get any strong buffs after breaking them, like they do in the future. The worst thing was the final bosses getting an additional skill, which they still had to chose to use. And the HP bars weren't inflated or anything. It's the same HP values as past singularities, just broken up into 2 life bars (or 3 in a couple cases).

I mean, I said nobody agrees with me.

uyvfOQy.png
    That's because it's a question of right and wrong, not opinions.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    No, you're just saying it's not as big of a deal as I think it is. And I guess if I spend $0 on the game and don't enjoy the way that affects how I play the game, that's my own fault. I'm not going to suddenly enjoy different parts of the game just because people keep telling me to play it different and learn to enjoy that.

uyvfOQy.png
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I guess I should stop being lazy and bust out my (comparatively) mediocre team to see how well I'm able to handle it.

IKknkhU.gif
    Stilts wrote: »
    I guess I should stop being lazy and bust out my (comparatively) mediocre team to see how well I'm able to handle it.

Probably just fine. It's an easier singularity than Camelot and Babylonia in general.

• NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Yeah, there's pretty much just one difficult fight and it doesn't really have bullshit gimmicks in the way those singularities did. I still got beat up in some, but that was entirely because I was essentially doing all-Evil challenge runs for the Bond bonus - whenever I got stuck and decided to use an actual team (or just rearrange my Evil team a bit so it makes sense rather than just being 3xBerserkers) I pretty much breezed through it.

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    So I went to go set up my teams for tomorrow

And that's when I found out I somehow have only three Guda-o, and that I merged my After Party Orders together, despite not having enough to MLB

ALL NOBUS ON DECK, IT'S AN EMERGENCY

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I have no CE's for this coming event, but it's also a Lite version so shouldn't be too difficult to get stuff I think? Halloween was like that anyway.

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I hear the drop rate is much higher this time around

Nevertheless

ALL NOBUS TO BATTLE STATIONS

270 SQ and 30 tickets:

3 Poster Girls, NP2 Emiya, Ibaraki, Imaginary Element and Okita nowhere to be seen.

After saving for 2 months (which is much, as I started playing only 10 weeks ago), my morale is crushed.

I'm sorry. It's always brutal having that happen.

Emiya and Ibaraki are both very good, and Poster Girl is both good and rare.

Oh well, I tried to prepare myself mentally for that, so it's not like im going to stop playing or something. It's just a shame that all the Saber embers I gathered will have to go to Bedivere now (and what is doubly sad, I have him only on NP1 and I don't know if it will ever change).

Now I can only wait for summer GSSR and getting welfares (BB, Rider Kintoki). Im not gonna spend any SQ until september, when Merlin banner will come back, and then we will have Shimosa with Musashi repeat.

Look on the bright side, at least you got the limited best Taunt CE. That has uses.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Put in some tickets hoping for poster girl.

Got NP2 Emiya and Emiya (Assassin) instead. Not awful, I guess. But if its going to give me NP2 it should have been Okita :rotate:

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Only took me two fights to remember to put my old CEs on. My one allowed ticket got me a Mapo Tofu, so it's nice to see memes intersect with reality.

Is there any known way of improving this game's performance? I bought Huawei Y7 Prime 2 months ago and I though it is pretty good (3 GB RAM, 8 cored processor), but game often lags during animations of Noble Phantasms, and, especially, while swapping characters, which makes using Chaldea Combat Uniform irritating.

Swapping characters is always kinda slow, in my experience. Noble phantasms usually depend on if the data for it is already in your cache; there shouldn't be a delay at the start if you've used it before, until you clear your cache.

Asthariel wrote: »
    Is there any known way of improving this game's performance? I bought Huawei Y7 Prime 2 months ago and I though it is pretty good (3 GB RAM, 8 cored processor), but game often lags during animations of Noble Phantasms, and, especially, while swapping characters, which makes using Chaldea Combat Uniform irritating.

You can improve character switching a bit by going into My Room->Game Options->Download All and having the Servants actually on your device rather than having to download them whenever they appear or however they're handling it. This will take up space, though, and takes a while to complete.

As for Noble Phantasms... I think you can maybe fix a bit of that with the above thing, but also some NPs just chug. Anything with a lot of particles is an immediate offender. (Incidentally, this goes for particles in general. You probably noticed the chugging in the Camelot sandstorm maps.)

Personally I also saw some performance improvements way back when by running a different less-bloated launcher rather than my default Samsung one, but honestly I'm not knowledgeable enough to give any tips here.

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    The Nobu Plague appears to have taken the servers down.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    haha, love that the event going on in jp right now is p much an au mafia fic

Saw Heaven's Feel Ii Lost Butterfly. Slightly sad at some of the cut scenes, okay with the smaller changes, really enjoyed the brand new added and extened scenes, and enjoyed the hell out of it. Ufotable flexed the shit out of their animation muscles again in a few scenes.

One more year till Spring Song. It's going to be a painful wait.

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    I hope they release a blu-ray set of all three films for less than an arm and a leg, but given what Fate/Zero and the UBW series cost I'm not holding my breath.

aTBDrQE.jpg
    I was gonna see it

But then I got called away on business

Apparently New Orleans didn't have any showings! Even though it's pretty big!

So I drowned my sorrow in beignets

I drove two and a half hours to see it!

And booked a hotel this time to not to the return drive late at night. Thursday night is such a weird time.
    Skeith wrote: »
    I hope they release a blu-ray set of all three films for less than an arm and a leg, but given what Fate/Zero and the UBW series cost I'm not holding my breath.

/Laughs in Aniplex

Everything they release is at least 2x, but often 3-10x the price of every other anime company in the west. It's frankly absurd. You can, on average, buy a combination of a Funimation, a VIZ, and a Sentai show.... or a single Aniplex one.

• IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    So I drowned my sorrow in beignets

Beignets are the best and the worst thing about moving away from New Orleans is I cannot find a place that does them right.

edited March 2019
    Is it just me or is drop rate on shop currency so poor on this event? I forgot how bad it was for being an early event.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Is it just me or is drop rate on shop currency so poor on this event? I forgot how bad it was for being an early event.

Pretty sure it's better than the first time around, but yeah, it sure was a grind. IIRC tomorrow is when we start getting ideal nodes for each thing.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Why must nodes be time-locked. Got 2nd copy of Nobu and all her Ascension items at least. Apparently it's a bad idea to buy the two expensive currency CE's from the shop unless you get a drop to MLB it, because the cost is way more than the benefit.

Just noticed there's some lunatic on my friends list who has an Okita NP5 at max level in the Saber and an Okita NP1 at max level in the All slot.

• MagicalGoatsMagicalGoats Registered User regular
    Still working my way through Shinjuku. Got to say I really, really disliked the
    Avenger of Shinjuku
    fight. It's pretty much knocked out my desire to continue if it's just going to continue to get worse. Evade every turn, with a break bar just because? That seems more than a bit much when your enemy
    an avenger

Went to see Heavens Feel on the 19th and it was SO worth it. My brother has never played or read the story, so we went in blind except that he has seen Zero and Unlimited Blade Works. He was laughing when
    Sakura was talking about being able to handle Kotomine no problem
    , rolled his eyes commenting that well the character was already obviously insane. Then came the snack scene in the alley and he changed his tune FAST. After that, the fight at the castle and all we could comment on was that these were both FOUR STAR servants? If anything the two seemed to be reversed where Arthur would be 4 and her Alter should be 5.
    I can't wait for the 3rd part since we went from me having to reassure him multiple times that
    Saber wouldn't win, since he was getting tired of the same character focus
    to being 101% excited to see where this ends, since it's so completely different from what he expected. But he knew things were going to go weird from the moment Assassin of the Cursed Arm showed up.

Mostly unrelated but does anybody know how to access the Alterna costume from pre-order Extella Link on PSN? Would I just have in game access or do I download separately?

There is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life, that cannot be improved with pizza.
    For reference, the chapter of the VN with the final battle with Saber Alter is literally called
    1iMMrFt.jpg

Star ratings are almost entirely just based on what sells, and have very tenuous connections to lore power levels. The one case where they actually based it on "how strong is this character actually, lorewise" is Angra Mainyu, and that's because it's his gimmick. (And 0*s are still stronger than 1*s, for some reason!)

But yeah, there's a reason why she's the boss of Singularity F and the one they made the toughest fight in the memorial quests.

Yeah, the star levels/rarity and the class triangle have no basis in actual Fate/Nasuverse lore. They're only FGO gameplay mechanics and just that.

There was a joke in GUDA Grand Order that Saber Alter is superior because more people will be able to get her, and also her NP level is easier to increase.

Seriously, she'd be pretty incredible if she wasn't story locked.