As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Anthem] Death from Above ! and Sideways ! sometimes even from Below !

• MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    i pick it up for a few hours in the weekend but just kinda get bored eventually and go do something else

which is a good thing i suppose but if i had paid for the game i think i would feel fairly disappointed by it

You know, I was starting to hit that "meh, this again" wall after doing a couple of contracts, but considering how many hours I've put into this game, I'm totally of the mind that I got my money's worth. Sure the bugs were/are annoying, the load times, etc., but it's still been a fun game.

Also knowing that all future story DLC is already paid for, I'm OK with that.

TLDR: I'm not disappointed by my purchase even if the game drops out today. Twas fun pew pewing a bunch of bugs a-la Iron Man X Storm Troopers.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Due to the boost from the patch and finding a Legendary Endless Siege, I can now carry people through GM2 Tyrant Mines. It's so weird, though, since a lot of that came from the Legendary. And after popping the Challenge, I can now craft MW versions of it?

Why would I do this? I just don't understand so many things haha.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    I have over 90 hours already and think it was well worth my 60$, even if I were to quit today, which I won't

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Due to the boost from the patch and finding a Legendary Endless Siege, I can now carry people through GM2 Tyrant Mines. It's so weird, though, since a lot of that came from the Legendary. And after popping the Challenge, I can now craft MW versions of it?

Why would I do this? I just don't understand so many things haha.

Well ordinarily it would be a masterwork earning the masterwork unlock so you'd be able to craft a better rolled one.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    Augh, I just want an endless siege for my thicboi so badly. My fist of Stral is great and all but that puny 150 round drum just doesn't do the mojo any good.

• kaidkaid Registered User regular
    Fairchild wrote: »
    I hate to say this, but I have yet to join a Quickplay that was not bugged. Luckily I have found that starting a new GM1 mission never fails to quickly build a full team through Matchmaking.

The patch last weekend helped quick play a bunch. I did like 4 last night with no bugs. But matchmaking at any difficulty is so fast it really does not matter unless you are doing the legendary wall thing.

KafkaAU wrote: »
    Only problem with the monitor is I have no idea where his weak spots are and I’ve done that instance at least 10 times.

His weak point tells are really lacking. In some phases his upper chest seems to be a weak point other times the sides/back of his neck/head are.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    At least they reduced monitors health on gm1 he is in and out of phases pretty fast if people aren't mouth breathing it. I think he dies faster than skelos now

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    I jumped in Sunday as I had a hankering for that Anthem flight and combat. The game crashed on boot up when trying to jump in. Got in the 2nd try after hard rebooting my machine and got to do some freeplay. First world event gets bugged with an enemy left to kill but nowhere to be found (I'm guessing clipped through the world?). 2nd, 3rd, and 4th events went fine. 5th event didn't end again so I just logged off without getting the daily 6 world event mission.

I really hope EA has faith or got enough money from early sales to keep development going for another 6-12 months. There is such a good game here but man, ugh.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
    We once killed the tyrant bug the first phase of him coming out.

No wall-crawling spidey that day!

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    I jumped in Sunday as I had a hankering for that Anthem flight and combat. The game crashed on boot up when trying to jump in. Got in the 2nd try after hard rebooting my machine and got to do some freeplay. First world event gets bugged with an enemy left to kill but nowhere to be found (I'm guessing clipped through the world?). 2nd, 3rd, and 4th events went fine. 5th event didn't end again so I just logged off without getting the daily 6 world event mission.

I really hope EA has faith or got enough money from early sales to keep development going for another 6-12 months. There is such a good game here but man, ugh.

I missed the combat, animations, and graphical performance of Anthem while playing Division 2 last night.

I will miss all the systems around Division 2 when I come back to Anthem in the coming days.

One of those sets of problems are easier to fix/add than the other.

If EA can just give BioWare some time, Anthem should be a blockbuster title.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I guess my main gripe with the setting is that none of the enemy factions are really all that interesting, beyond the lore stuff about the Scar.

The Hive/Taken in Destiny are memorable as heck in comparison.

• SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Just one more reason why the scaling in this game is terrible. Removing your support gear will massively boost your melee/ult/combo damage. In addition, equipping any legendaries you have, even if crap inscriptions or not otherwise synergistic will similarly give massive boosts to your melee/ult/combo. https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGame/comments/azztgv/psa_removing_your_support_items_massively/

This also means that you if you have a masterwork build you like and enjoy, or purple pieces with better stats (such as Special Arms with +shield/armor rolls) you are actively gimping your melee/ult/combo scaling. I also wouldn't be surprised if your overall item level had an affect on your overall weapon/ability damage as well given the issues with the level 1 Defender AR (given that the floating damage numbers you see aren't directly correlated to the actual %hp damage you actually do to mobs).

Simpsonia on
  • furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Finally started playing my colossus to get the trophy for the gear. Pretty fun, especially on easy at 450+ power. Just shield charge through almost everything. Also I think it is the easiest to paint. My storm takes me a while to get right and I wish it had one more separate set of parts to paint. Oh well. I have been using a map from Reddit to farm world events quickly for the gear stuff and it works great. In GM1 it still is probably not fast enough to be worth doing for new gear but on easy I can knock out 4 in 10 or 15 minutes.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    I guess my main gripe with the setting is that none of the enemy factions are really all that interesting, beyond the lore stuff about the Scar.

I mean, is this just because Destiny has a history of 4 and a half years at this point? Taken weren't even introduced until a year after Destiny came out.

I generally agree, but assuming the game gets a chance to flesh out its world more we'll hopefully get some more memorable enemies/villains too.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Kyanilis wrote: »

I mean, is this just because Destiny has a history of 4 and a half years at this point? Taken weren't even introduced until a year after Destiny came out.

I generally agree, but assuming the game gets a chance to flesh out its world more we'll hopefully get some more memorable enemies/villains too.

Yeah, I was pretty disappointed that they just
    went and offed the Monitor to wrap up the story. (...or did they?)

Felt like a waste of a cool-looking armor.

• Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    Jesus you did the bastion collectibles achievement? Did you use a guide?
    I found the Scar, Outlaw and Dominion Archives through regular freeplay.
    I also found around 65 of the in total 80 Mederine's collectibles, and 65 of the Runes.
    I found very few Sentinel and Archivist Archives.

I use the Tarsys Bypass trick to get those two Archive categories (Goto freeplay, fly right huggin the wall until you find a tunnel which leads to one of the tombs; if one of the tunnels has a Sentinel or Archivist Archive, pick it up and fly further until Tarsis Falls pops up. Then fly back through the tunnel until Memorial Gate pops up. With a bit of luck, if you go to the spot where you picked up the archive, there is a new copy lying there.). Needless to say, it involved a LOT of tunnel flying...

For the remaining Runes and Mederine's collectibles, I did not use a guide, but I made a 2nd pilot and advanced it far enough until you can pick up runes. All the Runes and Mederine's collectibles are counted over all acounts, so it is literally "pick up 80" and not "pick up the 80 different ones". The 2 pilot keeps all challenge progress and blueprint unlocks, but nothing story-line driven.

But yeah, on my original character I no longer started to stumble on runes or writings, and when I saw the map, I had something of "Maybe it is quicker, but definitely less painful, to make a second character".

And that's how I got the Red Skull :biggrin:

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    So how do I do unlock legendary contracts? I just beat the main story and hit level 30.

Do I need to do all the side quests?

Arch on
    Arch wrote: »
    So how do I do unlock legendary contracts? I just beat the main story and hit level 30.

Do I need to do all the side quests?

You get legendary contracts from each of Yarrow, Matthias, and/or Brin when you finish up their questlines.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    I have over a hundred hours in this game, and I haven't even climbed into the Cuisinart yet. I still haven't put a single Masterwork component on my ranger, and I really like ranger!

• KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Kyanilis wrote: »

Yeah, I was pretty disappointed that they just
    went and offed the Monitor to wrap up the story. (...or did they?)

Felt like a waste of a cool-looking armor.
    Yeaaaah, it was a pretty lame way to wrap things up. If you look at the lore entries though it seems like "Monitor" is actually more of a title and that there are more than one.

On one hand, odds are we'll see more Monitor armor! On the other? Seriously? Your first main villain isn't even cool enough to get his own name outside of their title? C'mon.

• Phoenix138Phoenix138 ArizonaRegistered User regular
    They've been adding new world events to freeplay, which is nice and I hope they continue to do. Over the weekend I started running into world events that took you into one of the dungeons/caves to rescue people taken captive and/or set bombs. Yesterday I came across an event that had you targeting four dominion valkyries who had been sent to assassinate you. Now if they can just up the drop rate on freeplay.

Also this is based on an extremely small sample size but does it feel like the first run of the day has a slightly higher drop rate to anyone else? Again, extremely small sample size but I'm wondering if there isn't some kind of first expedition modifier.

Showing off my Javelins for the first time:

7tvi3952dlup.jpg

• Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Phoenix138 wrote: »
    They've been adding new world events to freeplay, which is nice and I hope they continue to do. Over the weekend I started running into world events that took you into one of the dungeons/caves to rescue people taken captive and/or set bombs. Yesterday I came across an event that had you targeting four dominion valkyries who had been sent to assassinate you. Now if they can just up the drop rate on freeplay.

Also this is based on an extremely small sample size but does it feel like the first run of the day has a slightly higher drop rate to anyone else? Again, extremely small sample size but I'm wondering if there isn't some kind of first expedition modifier.

I was playing late last night, and the drop rates definitely felt better. This was from about 10:00 PM - 12:30 AM Central time or so, and I did 3 Legendary Contracts, 3 regular contracts, and 1 Stronghold, all on Grandmaster 1 difficulty. During that time I got about 5 or 6 random MW drops, a random Legendary drop, and the 3 mandatory MW Components for finishing the Legendary Contracts. So about 10 MW drops for not quite three hours of gameplay, with a Legendary thrown in for good measure. It certainly seemed way more generous than what I'd been getting the night before.

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
  • morgan_cokemorgan_coke Registered User regular
    Ran some GM2 missions this weekend, just got the bare minimum mandatory drops. Gonna go back to not playing much until new content comes out I think.

I will say the real tragedy of Anthem is how amazing would this game have been with a real BioWare type single player campaign and story with this gameplay and a multiplayer horde mode?

Honestly a huge missed opportunity for EA to have made quite a bit more money on this than their current choice of monetization scheme will provide here.

XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.
    Battle.net: morgancoke#1589

Titan's Creed: Jump first, don't ask questions, punch everything

I remember launch destiny one where 2/3 of the way through a coop of the story line my friend asked me on a mission who are these guys? why are we here? what are we even doing? because the in game narrative basically gave you no real idea of WTF was going on. Over the course of the DLC stuff started to make sense but launch day destiny had the most opaque faction lore ever. What little there was you had to go to out of game sources to access because you literally could not view it in game.

Just did around 45 minutes of GM1 Freeplay. One MW popped out of a World Event chest, 3 dropped when shooting peeps. It was the first time that the game said my daily expedition inventory was full (?), had the impression that every chest dropped around 4-5 items.

I also saw for the first time Arcanists in the wild.

And there’s a three day feat challenge called “Beasts in the Wild” which will earn you 2000 coins if you kill 100 beasties.

• Ear3nd1lEar3nd1l Eärendil the Mariner, father of Elrond Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    I have over a hundred hours in this game, and I haven't even climbed into the Cuisinart yet. I still haven't put a single Masterwork component on my ranger, and I really like ranger!

I think I have six hours (you read that right). I really need to find more time in my days...

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »

IDK how many hours I have, because of all the idling I do... but yeah. I'm in a similar boat.

Only level 20! woo woo.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    I'm slowly starting to get into GM2 now... trying out the "melt shields" lazer to farm the scar stronghold.

and I've yet to unlock my 2nd suit
    -_-'

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Phoenix138 wrote: »
    You’ve been earning me the most alliance coins every week so your dedication has not gone unappreciated soylenth.

It took a little dedication, luck, and herding the cool cats that are my friends, but I made it to Tier 10 yesterday with 8 minutes to spare on the rollover.

... just thought I'd share. And a shout out to the other PS4 players who got to 9 and 10 as well!

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    So I happened to find this codex entry lying around the fort after I finished the main campaign (no spoilers)
    u6sq0zxcumy2.jpg
    what

There are so many weird and hilarious codex entries to find out there.

Simpsonia wrote: »
    Just one more reason why the scaling in this game is terrible. Removing your support gear will massively boost your melee/ult/combo damage. In addition, equipping any legendaries you have, even if crap inscriptions or not otherwise synergistic will similarly give massive boosts to your melee/ult/combo. https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGame/comments/azztgv/psa_removing_your_support_items_massively/
    So I guess it divides total gearscore by a denominator and the denominator is how many slots you have? And if you just remove the support item, you gain more by lowering the denominator than you got by increasing the numerator by 38?

If so....

Sounds exactly like a problem Destiny had back in the day where people would find ways to remove entire pieces of gear to increase their PL

• finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    So I guess it divides total gearscore by a denominator and the denominator is how many slots you have? And if you just remove the support item, you gain more by lowering the denominator than you got by increasing the numerator by 38?

If so....

Apparently WoW and TESO also ran into the same issue, which is pretty funny.

Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
    I can't edit on the computer I'm on, but yes, it reminded me of all three of those situations. It also makes me wonder what happens if you completely remove (can you?) your secondary weapon.

Might not matter as much there as it's much higher than your support item.

• hlprmnkyhlprmnky Registered User regular
    Re: the story boss
    I don't think the Monitor was meant to be "the boss" as in, "okay cool, the Monitor is defeated, now Bastion is safe!" - I think that the whole deal with the Cenotaph and the Heart of Rage was simultaneously an existential threat to all the non-Dominion of Bastion (or more likely to the Dominion as well since who knows what the Cenotaph was actually gonna do with the Monitor it just ...acquired), but also for the Dominion, not exactly "for me ...it was Tuesday" but just a medium-large operation in their larger scheme to figure out how to harness the Anthem to make everything Dominion forever, which of course also carries a very high risk of accidentally turning everyone into dust, or sentient grabbits, or bringing back the Urgoth, etc. etc. Good times!

_
    Your Ad Here! Reasonable Rates!
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    finnith wrote: »

If so....

Apparently WoW and TESO also ran into the same issue, which is pretty funny.

Defiance, The Division... quite possibly most major games that use gear score and w/o hardcore gating can be gamed like this.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    So the beasts you have to kill must be predators (wyvern, anisaur, wolfen, brutes). Skorpions do not count.

I also had a world event on GM1 where you hve to save Arcanists from Brutes. I was using one of my lesser equipped suits and had real trouble with those brutes, that were always attacking in 4. As soon as I whittled one or two away, a bit layer a 3rd and a 4th would arrive, resulting in an impasse for me (with diminishing ammo); so I had to damage 4 GM1 brutes to not-death, only to ultimate them all together.

And just when Idid it a second player arrived, to take credit for the chest :bigfrown: