As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Anthem] Death from Above ! and Sideways ! sometimes even from Below !

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    So the beasts you have to kill must be predators (wyvern, anisaur, wolfen, brutes). Skorpions do not count.

I also had a world event on GM1 where you hve to save Arcanists from Brutes. I was using one of my lesser equipped suits and had real trouble with those brutes, that were always attacking in 4. As soon as I whittled one or two away, a bit layer a 3rd and a 4th would arrive, resulting in an impasse for me (with diminishing ammo); so I had to damage 4 GM1 brutes to not-death, only to ultimate them all together.

And just when Idid it a second player arrived, to take credit for the chest :bigfrown:

Technically, skorpions are insects.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    Players used to run garbage pistols and secondaries in The Division 1 to cheese their way into low gear score dark zones and demolish everything with their max gear score primary.

• Options
    soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Forar wrote: »
    Phoenix138 wrote: »
    You’ve been earning me the most alliance coins every week so your dedication has not gone unappreciated soylenth.

It took a little dedication, luck, and herding the cool cats that are my friends, but I made it to Tier 10 yesterday with 8 minutes to spare on the rollover.

... just thought I'd share. And a shout out to the other PS4 players who got to 9 and 10 as well!

I took a night to play through the new AC: Odyssey DLC chapter so I think I only got to 9 within spitting distance of 10 this week. My friends, I have failed you.

• Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Maybe it's a coincidence. Maybe. All I'm saying is that I bought the awesome Make it Rain emote, and then immediately found my first Legendary.

400% weapon damage? Yes please.
    pfP47Ix.jpg

I also rounded out my final MW component, and now the modifiers going off constantly is craaaaazy.

Spaffy on
    ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Spaffy wrote: »
    Maybe it's a coincidence. Maybe. All I'm saying is that I bought the awesome Make it Rain emote, and then immediately found my first Legendary.

pfP47Ix.jpg

I also rounded out my final MW component, and now the modifiers going off constantly is craaaaazy.

Holy shit that ROLL. I was pleased to get the two MW autocannons I was missing so now I can endless siege with the best of them, but they didn't drop with particularly great damage rolls (although excellent + armor rolls). Ooh, also, does anyone know if +physical also contributes to melee damage? Or is it purely the non-elemental bullet/ability damage?

soylenth on
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Boss
    They could easily bring back the Monitor. He became one with the Anthem. Not so sure stepping on him with Strider is enough

There's also Doctor Harken, who Yarrow said was "never seen before or after that day" when they invaded Freemark and he tried to use the cenotaph

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Echo wrote: »
    I guess my main gripe with the setting is that none of the enemy factions are really all that interesting, beyond the lore stuff about the Scar.

The Hive/Taken in Destiny are memorable as heck in comparison.

Even meeting the Vexx for the first time felt eerie AF. By comparison, I know nothing about the enemies in Anthem. I only just, at 50 hours in, learned the Scar are insects...

• Options
    I am ready for them to do much more with the story. I feel like we've just gotten a taste so far. There's some lore in the codex, but you have to read through it all.

• Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    Just when I thought I was cool with my Red Skull vinyl, I met 4 randos who also had that vinyl.

What a bunch of nerds! :lol:

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    soylenth wrote: »

pfP47Ix.jpg

Holy shit that ROLL. I was pleased to get the two MW autocannons I was missing so now I can endless siege with the best of them, but they didn't drop with particularly great damage rolls (although excellent + armor rolls). Ooh, also, does anyone know if +physical also contributes to melee damage? Or is it purely the non-elemental bullet/ability damage?

Physical is everything that's not Elemental, which should include Melee attacks for Colossus and Interceptor

Acid also falls under Physical, fyi

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Turambar wrote: »

pfP47Ix.jpg

Physical is everything that's not Elemental, which should include Melee attacks for Colossus and Interceptor

Ah! Ty, ty, good to know. So stacking +physical damage guns on my interceptor is not necessarily crazy...

soylenth on
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular

pfP47Ix.jpg

I'm pretty sure you maxed out both and only damage rolls you can get. Thats insane.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I am ready for them to do much more with the story. I feel like we've just gotten a taste so far. There's some lore in the codex, but you have to read through it all.

It's Bioware, so I just assume they already have a Setting Bible filled with lore and future threads.

• Options
    Turambar wrote: »

pfP47Ix.jpg

Ah! Ty, ty, good to know. So stacking +physical damage guns on my interceptor is not necessarily crazy...

I think so, assuming it works

The best way to increase melee damage is gear score, though. Especially after the latest patch when they buffed gear power levels

• Options

I've got good news for ya:

• Options
    edited March 2019
    ObiFett wrote: »

pfP47Ix.jpg

I'm pretty sure you maxed out both and only damage rolls you can get. Thats insane.

Woah, that's pretty wild. Guess I'm never changing this gun then? Cool.

Although I main Storm so I rarely actually shoot stuff...

Spaffy on
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Why on earth can an item roll double damage rolls like that?

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    Elemental Rage is good on Storm

Granted, you use it mainly for the stacking buff, but now you'll be doing some OK damage while you're building your stack :P

• Options
    AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »

I've got good news for ya:

Get back to work!

• Options
    Saldonas wrote: »
    Why on earth can an item roll double damage rolls like that?

I need to find the post that BioWare did to explain inscriptions, but basically each rarity has four pools of inscriptions they pull from. Legendary's secondary inscription pools are the same as MW's primary inscription pools (which has +damage in it. But Legendaries have their own primary pool that also has +damage in it.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Ooo I see they've got a stronghold quickplay option now, neat!

Oh of course first game I join is one that's emptied cos it's glitched and they can't progress. Thanks for wasting my consumables!

Fucking fix this shit bioware

Also why can't I find Tyrant Mine on the stronghold map anymore?

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Prohass wrote: »

Oh of course first game I join is one that's emptied cos it's glitched and they can't progress. Thanks for wasting my consumables!

Because you loaded into a bugged tyrant mine, which is another known bug. You'll need someone on your friend's list to group up with you and run it with you again successfully, after which it will be there again for you.

"Please enjoy our new stronghold quickplay feature with only a relatively small chance of accidentally removing the stronghold from your playlist entirely."

soylenth on
  • Options
    ZomroZomro Registered User regular
    Getting masterworks = awesome
    Getting the masterwork flamethrower for the 6th time = not so awesome

I just want any other MW heavy assault launcher for my Colossus. I like the flamethrower, but I want to try out some other stuff

• Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular

Because you loaded into a bugged tyrant mine, which is another known bug. You'll need someone on your friend's list to group up with you and run it with you again successfully, after which it will be there again for you.

"Please enjoy our new stronghold quickplay feature with only a relatively small chance of accidentally removing the stronghold from your playlist entirely."

Can't complain about Strongholds if you can't actually get into any Strongholds.

smart.jpg

• Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular

With the quick play strongholds if you luck out and get a non bugged tyrant mines, that fixes it too.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    KafkaAU wrote: »

With the quick play strongholds if you luck out and get a non bugged tyrant mines, that fixes it too.

LoL, quickplay giveth and quickplay taketh away.

• Options
    LilnoobsLilnoobs Alpha Queue Registered User regular
    So the beasts you have to kill must be predators (wyvern, anisaur, wolfen, brutes). Skorpions do not count.

I also had a world event on GM1 where you hve to save Arcanists from Brutes. I was using one of my lesser equipped suits and had real trouble with those brutes, that were always attacking in 4. As soon as I whittled one or two away, a bit layer a 3rd and a 4th would arrive, resulting in an impasse for me (with diminishing ammo); so I had to damage 4 GM1 brutes to not-death, only to ultimate them all together.

And just when Idid it a second player arrived, to take credit for the chest :bigfrown:

Technically, skorpions are arachnids.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Ok so a glitch of course, while I was reading this I got stuck behind a wall in a stronghold, like when it blocks off an area and you get stuck behind. It's the one time you want aggressive tethering to teleport you but of course it won't do that

It takes a lot for me to complain about a game being buggy, but dear god Anthem meets that standard

Prohass on
  • Options
    Ok so a glitch of course, while I was reading this I got stuck behind a wall in a stronghold, like when it blocks off an area and you get stuck behind. It's the one time you want aggressive tethering to teleport you but of course it won't do that

It takes a lot for me to complain about a game being buggy, but dear god Anthem meets that standard

Someone said you could try running back the other direction and it might tether you across the wall?

• Options

If you're on pc I can run this later with you and fix the bug.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Haha holy shit I did rhe manual respawn thing and caught up with my team, only to get locked behind another wall just as I got there haha

Edit: nah I'm on Xbox but thanks anyway. Need some friends on Xbox I think tho my alliance is empty even tho I've added loads of people

Prohass on
  • Options
    Oh damn wasn't paying attention and accidently salvaged a MW shotgun I never had before, damnit

• Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    Only today I figured out how to use the Lurker Grenade Launcher.
    The right trigger shoots the grenade.
    The left trigger, does NOT zoom/aim, but pressing it will detonate the grenades that have been shot.

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    Phoenix138Phoenix138 ArizonaRegistered User regular
    Phoenix138 wrote: »

Also this is based on an extremely small sample size but does it feel like the first run of the day has a slightly higher drop rate to anyone else? Again, extremely small sample size but I'm wondering if there isn't some kind of first expedition modifier.

So i figured i’d start testing this. freeplay is usually my first expedition of the day but did a stronghold instead today. and didn’t get a single masterwork other than the guaranteed drop. so that theory isn’t looking too hot.

on the plus side the drops in freeplay appear to have gotten better and mw embers have also started dropping again.

• Options
    Haha holy shit I did rhe manual respawn thing and caught up with my team, only to get locked behind another wall just as I got there haha

Edit: nah I'm on Xbox but thanks anyway. Need some friends on Xbox I think tho my alliance is empty even tho I've added loads of people

No worries.

Offer is open to any pc people in the thread. I've never had Tyrant bugged and of course that means it will never ever happen to me in the future :)

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Lilnoobs wrote: »

Technically, skorpions are arachnids.

Technically, the speciation terminology we use only applies to Earth Flora and Fauna. Organisms on other planets would presumably be a completely different tree.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    I believe both of you mean
    Technically, skorpions are araknids

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Phoenix138Phoenix138 ArizonaRegistered User regular
    The last two titans i’ve killed have dropped two masterworks each. if that is now a guaranteed drop that’d be a terrific step forward.

• Options
    damn got a legendary weapon and its a sniper rifle, my least favourite weapon class

got that cool electric shock that freezes legendary for my colossus tho, which is great and basically cuts through legendary enemies and lets me combo slam punch them to death instantly.

• Options
    kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    Hmmm, I seem to have either a map bug or a conversation bug. Twice now I've seen a convo icon for Dax on the map and gone to her apartment only to find no conversation available. And then when I pull up the map the icon is gone. This time I played around a bit and the icon seems to disappear essentially once I move to the second floor. Back up a bit towards the first floor and it returns. Back and forth.

For reference, I'm at the point in Dax's story where
    I talked to her in the bar when she was upset about Vule and her Aunt spending time together.

Oh also a couple of times I've seen convo icons on the map move a bit, by which I mean both that they start to stray from their target location as I walk around, and that they look like they're about to vibrate into another dimension.

Must be a Shaper relic in here somewhere.