Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Actual Play, NSFData] Marvel's Agents of STRIKE Season 3 Finale: Arrival

1151617181921»

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited January 17
    @Fencingsax @Matev @see317 @jurner @visiblehowl @Powerpuppies @Nytewarrior @Zilla360 @MsAnthropy

This is a bittersweet occasion. Season 3 is now complete. And that means...so is this story! For now. We wrapped up Season 3 right before the holidays and just had our first session of Season 4 last week; you're now just one episode behind where we the players are, so right now, for what happens next, your guess is basically as good as mine.

I've been working on a revamp of the early installments to get them up to the standards of the current ones, fix typos, improve some of the art, etc.
    Lv1B63K.png
    icIyajW.png

There are also some "deleted scenes" - by which I mean stuff that literally got deleted, because the early installments of this were transcribed by hand and sometimes mistakes were made. Now I do it all with an exporter program and a bunch of macros and it makes it so much easier and faster. But anyway, while apparently the missing stuff wasn't egregious enough to keep people from making sense of the story, it'll be nice to have it back. There's a whole conversation when the team met the Heavy Doombot in Wundagore Valley, for instance, that was just...gone, originally.

The season 1 revamp is done and I'm going to start editing it into my old posts soon. I'll say something here when I do.

Anyway, what I wanted to say is, thank you all so much for joining us on this adventure. Your feedback, thoughts, comments, or even just Awesomes have been energizing. I can't speak for the other players, but I know it's pushed me, personally, to keep raising my game since I started doing this.

Jacobkosh on
    jurnersee317MsAnthropyvisiblehowlMatevFencingsaxRear Admiral ChocoGrog
  • PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies Registered User regular
    I like what things Miles cares about and what he doesn't

Celestials? Fuck 'em.

I like that Ryann didn't volunteer.

Was there a chance Vlad could fail, or once Miles rescued him, the Galactus threat was effectively solved?

It certainly seems as if Miles's choice to ice out the Celestials was the best one, if Vlad had it covered.

sig.gif
    Jacobkosh
  • jurnerjurner Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    NEXT SEASON ON:
    qZ8f0Dc.png
    "I'm going to do whatever it takes to earn this, Ryann. To become a real Nova, like you."
    2OGgeoTl.jpg
    "Your soul will burn with the guilt of your endless sin! Are you penitent?!
    f6RZlVxl.jpg
    "I am Rom, last of the Space-Knights of Galador, and I am here to save your world."
    eQn4WDUl.jpg
    "Asgard is dying, decaying into nothingness, Destroyer. Join me, and burn away the rot and we will resurrect Asgard to its rightful glory."
    TS6vFxGl.jpg
    "All hail Rabum Alal, the Doom Above All! He's pretty cool, Elise!"
    HLdoXaPl.jpg
    "Dear brother, the invasion is already over. The Earth belongs to me, Z'reg."
    ggqTNc8l.jpg

Wait, does this all happen in Session one of Season 4, or is Matt hinting at what's to come? Because holy hell that is a lot of shit to go down in one session!

Also, did Cable just sort of disappear?

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    jurner wrote: »
    NEXT SEASON ON:
    qZ8f0Dc.png
    "I'm going to do whatever it takes to earn this, Ryann. To become a real Nova, like you."
    2OGgeoTl.jpg
    f6RZlVxl.jpg
    "I am Rom, last of the Space-Knights of Galador, and I am here to save your world."
    eQn4WDUl.jpg
    "Asgard is dying, decaying into nothingness, Destroyer. Join me, and burn away the rot and we will resurrect Asgard to its rightful glory."
    TS6vFxGl.jpg
    HLdoXaPl.jpg
    ggqTNc8l.jpg

Wait, does this all happen in Session one of Season 4, or is Matt hinting at what's to come? Because holy hell that is a lot of shit to go down in one session!

Matt, like myself, feels quite meticulous in their planning of game and use of characters. Cable will totally be back.

Helluva ride Jake. This game's been building to Galactus since the beginning, as Marvel stories tend to. What does one do when one finally punches out God? Looking forward to finding out.
    As usual, God/Entropy is not the final enemy. All roads lead to DOOM.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    Jacobkosh
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited January 17
    NEXT SEASON ON:
    qZ8f0Dc.png
    2OGgeoTl.jpg
    f6RZlVxl.jpg
    eQn4WDUl.jpg
    TS6vFxGl.jpg
    HLdoXaPl.jpg
    ggqTNc8l.jpg

That's all stuff to come. Matt liked my teasers so did one right after the credits music, just as you read it here. Which is a bold move since I dunno how we'll get to half of these, but I'm excited to see.

And yeah, Cable totally just vanished. I think once he realized we weren't going to wake up Apocalypse and the Heralds weren't in his lane, he peaced out. Or maybe, with his future fixed, he stopped existing.

Jacobkosh on
    Matevjurner
    I like what things Miles cares about and what he doesn't

Celestials? Fuck 'em.

I like that Ryann didn't volunteer.

Was there a chance Vlad could fail, or once Miles rescued him, the Galactus threat was effectively solved?

It certainly seems as if Miles's choice to ice out the Celestials was the best one, if Vlad had it covered.

Yeah, without knowing it, by saving Vlad, Miles gave the team a backup plan. Vlad couldn't fail (since NPCs don't roll) but if he hadn't been there, stuff could have gone a lot worse.

• jurnerjurner Registered User regular
    NEXT SEASON ON:
    qZ8f0Dc.png
    2OGgeoTl.jpg
    f6RZlVxl.jpg
    eQn4WDUl.jpg
    TS6vFxGl.jpg
    HLdoXaPl.jpg
    ggqTNc8l.jpg

That's all stuff to come. Matt liked my teasers so did one right after the credits music, just as you read it here. Which is a bold move since I dunno how we'll get to half of these, but I'm excited to see.

And yeah, Cable totally just vanished. I think once he realized we weren't going to wake up Apocalypse and the Heralds weren't in his lane, he peaced out. Or maybe, with his future fixed, he stopped existing.

The teasers are pretty awesome. I'm impressed by the faith he has in you all. There are certainly players out there who wouldn't handle that well.

I'm looking forward to meeting another Rider. Fingers crossed they're God's black ops agents like in Aaron's run.

NEXT SEASON ON:
    qZ8f0Dc.png
    2OGgeoTl.jpg
    f6RZlVxl.jpg
    eQn4WDUl.jpg
    TS6vFxGl.jpg
    HLdoXaPl.jpg
    ggqTNc8l.jpg

The teasers are pretty awesome. I'm impressed by the faith he has in you all. There are certainly players out there who wouldn't handle that well.

I'm looking forward to meeting another Rider. Fingers crossed they're God's black ops agents like in Aaron's run.

Oh my god yes, some players would absolutely try to torpedo that. I've seen people in rpg forums crow about doing that and it's like holy geez, guy, I guess...you sure taught your GM a lesson about trying to do something fun? What a hero.

I'm really, really lucky to be playing with the people I am and that we all trust each other as much as we do. This game would be completely impossible without that.

And yeah, I am desperately curious to know what's up with the Ghostier Rider as well.

Matev
    Although what I'm most looking forward to is ROM!

ROM!!!!!!

QMq7j58h.jpg

MatevFencingsaxjurner
  • NytewarriorNytewarrior Registered User regular
    Metal...

steam_sig.png
    3DSFC: 4828-7889-8155
  • GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    Finally got caught up reading this. Highlights include: beta-ray bill (and the entire space arc); Elise Arnell- Agent of Doom; any scene with Bob.

Really appreciate all the work you've put in @Jacobkosh

rm4k6cctdpin.png

PowerpuppiesJacobkoshMatevRear Admiral Choco
    During this week's session, we were discussing the game system and I was arguing that for big fights, the potential forfeits for getting a partial success on a roll should be equally big. "Ryann has a choice: he can dash forward and snatch the Cosmic Cube out of Doctor Doom's hand, but in the process, he will shit himself."

And without missing a beat, Jake starts belting out AND THEY SAY THAT A HERO CAN SAVE US, I'M NOT GONNA STAND HERE AND WAIT

MatevNytewarriorRear Admiral Choco