As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Warhammer Fantasy Battles: Skaven eat cheese (when they are given it).

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Hah, you've put a lot more work than I did into the same thought process! Though granted I was doing a 50/50 split for a full 8th ed Ogre army, BCR have rather less actual ogors to contend with! Unfortunately I don't seem to have any pictures to hand on this PC, but I pretty much just trimmed off any egregious moustaches, sculpted on some hair (my BCR have a vaguely nordic scheme going on so rough braids are easy enough to do) and gave them various tops and tunics on their torsos.

• Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    I remember you posting them, Halos. I liked the idea, and I felt that, with the ultra-low model count of BCR, I could devote some extra time to customize/feminize them.

(I also have some ideas on how to make the stonehorns/thundertusks to not all look identical. I already changed one of the stonehorn heads so that it looks straight ahead instead of to the left (the default), but I have more plans.)

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Can the Skaven that are made to order be used in AoS or are they just a kind of collectable thing?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    Can the Skaven that are made to order be used in AoS or are they just a kind of collectable thing?

They can, but with the caveat that most of the special characters don't exist any more, so e.g. Ikit Klaw would just be an archwarlock.

(And personally, I wouldn't use the old thanquil as thanquil since the new one is like 10 times bigger. As a generic rat ogre and grey seer, though, no problemo.)

• Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »

Have you checked the AoS legends on the community website?

https://www.warhammer-community.com/legends/

Is the link; I’m at work and can’t check to see if Ikit, Queek and Snitch are in it, but some of the recent made to order has found its way there.

Typically it’s just a warscroll with no points.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    Legends are not for matched play, though.

• Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
  • Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    ...Oh boy, more Khorne stuff...

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Oh boy, more Khorne stuff!

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Slaanesh wrote:
    Oh, Khorne, more boy stuff!

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    oh hey, skulltaker is back

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Oh hey look a new Chaos-focused skirmish game

All new models, apparently? Could be cool

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    So skirmish like Killteam, but all-new-modell premade warbands like Shadespire? Unless those are customisable multipart models.

First Khornate woman model in this, I think, and also maybe a Khornate dwarf? And new Furies.

honovere on
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    So skirmish like Killteam, but all-new-modell premade warbands like Shadespire? Unless those are customisable multipart models.

First Khornate woman model in this, I think, and also maybe a Khornate dwarf? And new Furies.

Valkia the Bloody?

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    I forgot. So first mortal then ;)

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Marakarr Blood-sky?

Although I can't recall if it's explicitely stated whether she's Khornate or Chaos Undivided. But since the other named Darkoath Warqueen is explicitly identified as a Tzeentch devotee I think it's reasonable to assume Marakarr's dedicated to the Blood God.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Looks fun, but I just don’t have time/energy to be as excited as I would like to be. With Killteam, Necromunda and Shadespire all having significant presence at our little gaming club, I’m just not sure there’s room for it.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    It's interesting that while the warband looks Khornate, there's no actuall Khorne iconography on them.

I guess they either might not know about who they actually worship or they just don't have Khorne's favour yet.

Background question: Do the Darkoath come from a particular realm or are they found all over? The descpription of Warcry on the community page makes it sound a bit like the different gangs might also be themed with a specific realm in mind. The two starter gangs could be Chamon and Ghur.

the warbands could be

Khorne (spikey hash) - Chamon (metal)
    Undivided (horned skull) - Ghur (beasts)
    Tzeentch (raven skull) - Ulgu (shadow)
    Nurgle (stretched face) - Ghyran (life)
    Slannesh (snake) - Uhhh, Aqshy or Shyish?
    another undivided? (eye) - again, uhhh, Aqshy or Shyish?

• Options
    LeztaLezta Registered User regular
    Looks like the hope of Mordheim is dead in the water then. Sigh. Looked so promising after Necromunda.

• Options
    Concerning available gangs or concerning rules? Because the description sounds to me like the latter might be in the cards. It seems to be a small skirmish game in a city (Varanspire) with different gangs and campaign developements.

• Options
    As a direct use of the setting, a Mordheim revival was never going to be thing in the AoS world. Generic olde tyme mans in feathered hats are simply not part of the Warhammer brand these days. We know zip about the rules though so the gameplay and campaign structure could end up similar.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    It looks like Necromunda but all Chaos all the time. This doesn't seem like a fix for the awful Skirmish rules or a new Mordheim, but something totally different and mostly unasked for (at least in my local groups).

Nealneal on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Nealneal wrote: »
    It looks like Necromunda but all Chaos all the time. This doesn't seem like a fix for the awful Skirmish rules or a new Mordheim, but something totally different and mostly unasked for (at least in my local groups).

Yeah, what I want is a proper set of skirmish rules for AoS. I still feel New Game System Fatigue from all the stuff they pushed out last year.

• Options
    Aren't they doing AoS skirmish rules in WD at the moment? Or are they still pretty bare bones?

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    I'll admit I was hoping for "Kill Team But Age of Sigmar!" and this is not that, so a lot of my disappointment is situated there.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Aren't they doing AoS skirmish rules in WD at the moment? Or are they still pretty bare bones?

The January and February issues of White Dwarf detailed AoS skirmish rules, but they're still based on the full rules, so skirmish isn't standalone like Killteam, for example. It's kind of jury-rigged.

• Options
    We tried out the Gargant scenario in Underworlds. Good fun but I went too big too soon! Turns out when you have a 15 point glory lead in turn 2, the other three players all suddenly develop Gargant sympathies and the big guy won.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    New store opening exclusive
    StoreOpening-Mar19-LeenaStormsire1dnr.jpg

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Let me tell you guys how unhappy I am that I missed out on getting the Ork and Skeleton dice for Underworlds.

I have $25 in Amazon credit and I'm trying to decide if I want to get another warband or not.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    Say hello to the new Keeper of Secrets:

nlgfijyvmpm3.jpg

• Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Hello New Keeper of Secrets. Would you like to come and live at my house? You would?! Or rapturous day!

What's that? You're going to want pretty lot of my blood? Sure, whatever you want.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    Slannesh's version of a deamon prince is a big dude with probably the most realistic proprtions in AoS

AdepticonReveals-Mar27-Slaanesh43jjhfvbdgfhsg.jpg

• Options
    Is the figure on top riding or conjoined?

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    The angle of the photo is not showing it well but I thing the Herald is holding on to the metal spines with her feet. You can't see the right leg from this angle but it shoud stand on the right shoulder spine of the Deam Prince.

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    That demon prince is just straight up Darius from the 300 movie.

• Options
    The video has more angles. Looks like the daemonette is riding, not conjoined, to her "mount".

Also, I don't know what the hell (pun intended) this is, but I want one:
    AdepticonReveals-Mar27-Slaanesh42ujvdngfs.jpg

Actually, I want all the new models (except the masque, which I don't like). Particularly the KoS really captures the androdygenous nature of Slaanesh, I feel.

• Options
    I need all of that Slaanesh goodness.

• Options
    For some reason the mask on the one to the left of the mirror makes me think of Elton John. I'm sure they were aiming for Eyes Wide Shut, but something about the toothy grin and slightly up-turned nose causes my mind to see Elton.

camo_sig2-400.png
This discussion has been closed.