As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] One does not simply gacha into Mordor. (LOTR starts 3/8).

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Is he opening with his SSB, or is he building that via actions?

If augmenting Meia’s thing doesn’t get him there, he could swap to Chain Waterga, or Lunar Leviathan could be crafted for him. Best to see what can be done with pogo stick, before goin that route, though. If Alphy is dived, then summons are his best damage, but a 2-hit Ogopogo isn’t what you want.

Magic Boon and raw Magicite stats are also a factor, of course.

Enlong on
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    If possible, you would like slots 1 and 5 to be characters who can use all the extra meter they will get from Painflare. Onion might not be the best choice if you aren't using him for Entrust. Of course, there's also the issue of surviving Painflare. Have fun with that.

Another option for dealing with Berserk is Carbuncle to reflect it. Of course, that turns off Curada/Ultra Cure, but maybe if you have someone Entrusting Elarra, that would be enough healing.

Also, you may want to slot a Dispel somewhere for Greater Barrier.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I do. It seems like a really really niche purchase though.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• LuqLuq Registered User regular
    Finally beat King Behemoth last week with an Edge team. After the first win took probably another 30 attempts to get the next 3 wins. Fuck that noise.

Then I revised my previous attempt at Famfrit and finally beat it! And in 28 seconds!

FFRK:jWwH RW:Onion Knight's Sage USB
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Fry wrote: »
    If possible, you would like slots 1 and 5 to be characters who can use all the extra meter they will get from Painflare. Onion might not be the best choice if you aren't using him for Entrust. Of course, there's also the issue of surviving Painflare. Have fun with that.

Another option for dealing with Berserk is Carbuncle to reflect it. Of course, that turns off Curada/Ultra Cure, but maybe if you have someone Entrusting Elarra, that would be enough healing.

Also, you may want to slot a Dispel somewhere for Greater Barrier.

The only people on my team who can benefit from extra meter is Elarra. I guess Tidus could BSB2 with extra meter for a few more hits and fast cast. He also has a bulky 9020 starting hp.
    Enlong wrote: »
    Is he opening with his SSB, or is he building that via actions?

If augmenting Meia’s thing doesn’t get him there, he could swap to Chain Waterga, or Lunar Leviathan could be crafted for him. Best to see what can be done with pogo stick, before goin that route, though. If Alphy is dived, then summons are his best damage, but a 2-hit Ogopogo isn’t what you want.

Magic Boon and raw Magicite stats are also a factor, of course.
    Alphi is building to SSB, OK and Elarra have the starting bars.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Made it phase 3 on Tortuga.

Okay, that's dumb. Dispel your haste, becomes immune to damage, unblinkable party interrupt, confuse the two guys at the corners.

No! I didn't want to do anything else for the rest of the fight, and wanted to wait patiently while you slowly murder my slowed, zero ATB, twice interrupted team! Thanks for asking!

Fuck this stupid fight!

That said, I suppose that qualifies as progress, so I went ahead and grabbed Agrias's USB2 from the select. I hope I don't regret this. Or go another MONTH (or longer! It could literally be forever and I'm locked out of FFRK FOREVER!!!) without beating this goddamned boss.

I mean I'd say you are on the upper percentile for being almost done with magicite. Especially from someone way back on fire.

Speaking of which.

Good news: I have the DPS to skip both berserks.

Bad News: Not sure I have the healing:

TALOE1S.jpg

3X5vPpT.jpg

I moved Tidus to the back and gave him a ranged weapon, gave everyone water boost armor. Going to try again. Anyone see something I'm missing?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Can't decide if I should RoP today or not

edited March 2019
    Could try moving protect to alphinaud and give onion entrust to pass extra meter to Elarra

Famfrit active might do more damage than kraken imperil, and between the bubble and breaking rage mode, it'll help you survive

Also: dang, that is a lot of stuff in your inbox

Fry on
    Got a dupe Penelo USB from the LOTROP today. So it goes.

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Gacha into Mordor, XII edition: Ashe USB

Heyoooo

Been wanting this for a while; I've contemplated a few Dream selects for it even. I've got an almost complete Ashe now, minus her Uniques and LMR.

Speaking of Dream Selects, I went with Barbariccia's USB. Still need to crack Adamantoise, so it should help. At the very least, it is a +wind mag dagger which is super useful to have.

Next USB select I'mma pick something for the heck of it though.

Decided I enjoy RoP more than min/maxing.

Balthier OSB. Sure, why not.

• VargVarg Registered User regular
    Gabranth OSB - Doesn't really do anything important for me but it isn't another Ashe USB so I'm happy enough about that lol

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    XII RoP: 1/3, disco. Balthier USB1!

Not sure if I'll really be using this outside of XII stuff. Mustadio has a better dive, but I also have Balthier's OSB and imperil BSB available and Balthier can use other weapons.

Hoping I don't jinx myself, but this RoP has been pretty good to me so far:

Type-0: Ace LMR2 (+fire armor)
    Tactics: Orlandeau OSB (dupe)
    XV: Aranea BSB (+lightning armor)
    XIV: Minfilia USB (+holy sword)
    XIII: Sazh USB
    XII: Balthier USB1

Two-thirds were discos, only one dupe, half with non-RS +element, and all completely usable.

Darklyre on
    I should go back and try to beat ozma this time.

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    Could try moving protect to alphinaud and give onion entrust to pass extra meter to Elarra

Famfrit active might do more damage than kraken imperil, and between the bubble and breaking rage mode, it'll help you survive

Also: dang, that is a lot of stuff in your inbox

100% run Famfrit as your active if you're not using last stand. The boss does 50 percent more damage when enraged.

• MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    I mean I'd say you are on the upper percentile for being almost done with magicite. Especially from someone way back on fire.

Speaking of which.

Good news: I have the DPS to skip both berserks.

Bad News: Not sure I have the healing:

TALOE1S.jpg

3X5vPpT.jpg

I moved Tidus to the back and gave him a ranged weapon, gave everyone water boost armor. Going to try again. Anyone see something I'm missing?

I'd try to take it a bit slower personally. My clear involved two healers so that I could have both last stand and status blink (Eiko and Larsa) along with Alph/DPS/Tidus

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
    edited March 2019
    I don’t have a water bsb/usb, so I don’t think one dps works.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

I think Elarra can solo heal if you dispel the Enrage.

That sounds very reasonable since she can almost solo heal enraged. It’s mostly not using too many bsb commands so as to have enough meter to refresh last stand.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    FF12...

Durandal. Ashe Overstrike. Lightning Magic.

Hm...
    Sora	AASB	KH	Fire / Lightning / Ice	15 Ranged Physical Fire / Lightning / Ice / NE attacks, increase Fire / Lightning / Ice by 3, Doublecast Spellblades, Spellblade Buff M, Unlimited Spellblades, Every 3 Spellblades Blitz Followup
    Steiner	OSSB	IX	Fire / Lightning / Ice	Massive single target Fire/Lightning/Ice
    Garnet	BSB	IX	Lightning / Holy	3 Summon Magic Light / Holy All
    Lightning	SSB	XIII	Lightning	5 Physical Lighthing All
    Reno	SB	VII	Lightning	Magic Lightning All, Paralyze (M)
    Rinoa	SB	VIII	Lightning	
    Ashe	BSB	XII	Lightning	8 Magic Lightning/NE, EnLightning
    Ashe	OSSB	FFXII	Lightning	Massive Magic Lightning/NE to One Target

I could ruin the day of a Lightning vulnerable enemy.

• LuqLuq Registered User regular
    Notes on Famfrit for future reference, both for myself and others. Everyone has completed legend spheres.

RW: Wall
    Sora - Stormspell strike R4 LitQuad R4 Woke/AOSB/LMR - SwordRM
    OK - Wrath & Entrust, pUSB/LMR - MM
    Elarra - Curada, Dispel - USB1 - DMT
    King - Spark Off R4, Tempest Snipe R4, USB - Scholar's Boon
    Lightning - Flash Disaster R4, Magic Break - imperil BSB/glint/LMR -SwordRM

Misc findings:
    • Use imperils to make up for lack of chain. Lightning imperils very well w/ BSB and flash disaster for meter build.
    • Magic break to remove faith is fine. Stick it on your worst DPS. Elarra can keep up with the damage.
    • If you're going for sub 30 then Woke Sora can get away with R3 Stormspell and nothing else.
    • It's critical to get Sora's AASB off ASAP, since his enelement wears off at 25 seconds. Use 6* abilities for meter! Maybe a quick entrust.
    • Gravigas at ~5, 17, and in last phase after protect/faith/attack. Last one was 24ish for me. Elarra USB after these. Very important to do it right after that last one as silence is next.
    • Dispel the protect in the last phase.
    • Slot 3 needs major water resist

Lightning casts RW. It will wear off at the end but it doesn't matter. Then Flash Disaster until imperil. Watch for Faith around 13 seconds and after Protect in last phase.
    Sora uses Stormspell until he can AASB. Then back to stormspell until AASB runs out, then AOSB. Tested better than using AOSB just before enelement runs out.
    OK does pUSB, wrath, entrust Sora, then keeps entrusting Elarra whenever he has ~ 2 bars. Cast King Behemoth at 10 seconds. Recast pUSB whenever comfortable, like around 20 seconds.
    Elarra does Curada, then skips her turn to have King use up his last IC, then USB. Then you can balance curadas and USB. You should have plenty of meter with an entruster to play it safe. Remember it increases DPS in addition to healing so don't be a miser!
    King does offering, USB, offering again, then tempest all the way.

FFRK:jWwH RW:Onion Knight's Sage USB
    Its hard to get timing exact on Famfrit due to how its rage speeds its turns up.
    Glad to see AASB can sub 30 without chain. Hope I can get a couple soon.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    edited March 2019

I wouldn't call Lulu usb/aosb too much of a water dps either (mag boost + chase is all the usb does and her dive is for ice), but I don't know how she compares to Maria usb as I don't have any black mage doubecast USB's.
    You can survive to at least 45 secs on the timer with 2 healers so you have a bunch more time to off him.

Maytag on
    3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    1/3 Reks USB.

Shout* + lightning damage reflect. That could be handy.

Leeks on
    Woo! 26.96s on Phoenix! Somehow, switching Tyro from Wrath/Entrust to Sapphire Shot/Entrust cut off 9 seconds!

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Actually, it makes sense. Not only are you adding damage, but you're also probably generating as much SB in the process.

Guys a math question. How often do you have to reapply Bartz's Glint? I mean what's the rotation? Every 2 spellblades?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    Actually, it makes sense. Not only are you adding damage, but you're also probably generating as much SB in the process.

Guys a math question. How often do you have to reapply Bartz's Glint? I mean what's the rotation? Every 2 spellblades?

Important part is the spellblade boost, not the quickcast, which lasts 15s.

So every 15s.

edited March 2019

IIRC that gives high quick cast for spell blades for 15 seconds. So with haste, he'd be acting about every 2.5 seconds, give or take. Probably refresh after every 5 attacks or so.

Fry on
    So the XI draw has all relics over a year old on it apparently. Also a lit chain.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

So the XI draw has all relics over a year old on it apparently. Also a lit chain.

Yep, there's basically one relic that interests me on the banner, but it's a chain for an element I don't have, so I'll be pulling.

It's also still one of the best odds for chains on any realm.

I still want shantottos arcane and lmr, and Aphmau ultra, so I think it's still a reasonable risk to do the draw even though it's not that likely to pay off. It's such a ridiculously discounted price!

What...hmm. I was planning to pull since I have basically crap here and see if I can finally clear this torment. It would probably help if I at least 4*Dived some of the cast.

I'm also so tempted to pull FFXII for Reks' USB...I still can't quite kill Famfrit but I just remembered I have an LD'ed Bartz + Glint. I'll see if that's enough damage to get me over this fight. If that doesn't work I'll try out Edgar.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    edited March 2019

See, I thought the damage was a wash because the extra meter would've gone to Tidus to spam his USB repeatedly. Turns out Tyro doing 25k a turn outdamages an extra USB or two, because Tidus can use those turns on Sapphire Bullet and his chase instead.

Darklyre on
    Hmm...actually @Darklyre you gave me an idea. If my Bartz experiment doesn't work, I might as well try Tyro. Did you LD him?

Ixion sub-4.

Hmm...actually @Darklyre you gave me an idea. If my Bartz experiment doesn't work, I might as well try Tyro. Did you LD him?

Yep, he was worth diving for stats alone since I have his GodWall and LMR.

That's a LOT of 4* Motes. I do have his USB but since I usually only use him for Entrust Shenanigans. Then again with his upcoming free AOSB I should get on that.

That's a LOT of 4* Motes. I do have his USB but since I usually only use him for Entrust Shenanigans. Then again with his upcoming free AOSB I should get on that.

It's actually the normal amount - his takes half the number normal spheres do, if memory serves.

Jragghen wrote: »

Ixion sub-4.

...great, now I really want Bartz's LMR, again.

This discussion has been closed.