As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Ducktales 2017

• KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Plus he also makes life-saving items like
    anise-flavored oxygen gum, which is one of my favorite flavors.
    No, seriously, I love it.

Kalnaur on
    I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    D9VPayw.jpg
    Thanks, I hate it.

• BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    While I hate hoverboards, I do love the use of it here.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »

I'm more impressed by his ability to create a chewing gum that provides both nutrition and hydration for what appears to be several months per stick - or even longer, depending on how you want to interpret Della's complaint about the flavor only getting stronger the longer you chew.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »

I'm more impressed by his ability to create a chewing gum that provides both nutrition and hydration for what appears to be several months per stick - or even longer, depending on how you want to interpret Della's complaint about the flavor only getting stronger the longer you chew.

I like to think that gum isn't a trillion dollar invention because gyro would absolutely refuse to change the flavor because according to him it is THE BEST FLAVOR.

• GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Big Bubble would buy the rights to the tech, but sit on it to keep it from disrupting the marketplace.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    What about an engine that runs on gold?
    How did he ever manage to get Scrooge to okay that one?
    I suppose it may have been a remarkably efficient engine, but we don't know if Della's tooth would have been sufficient to fire it up, let alone get her back to Earth.

• MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    see317 wrote: »
    I suppose it may have been a remarkably efficient engine, but we don't know if Della's tooth would have been sufficient to fire it up, let alone get her back to Earth.

Do you know what's out in space? A lot more gold.

Mvrck on
    Mvrck wrote: »

Do you know what's out in space? A lot more gold.

That argument almost certainly would have worked with Glomgold, but Scrooge is smart enough and has the foresight to realize that flooding the gold market with limitless tons of space gold would quickly devalue his own gold holdings, so I'd guess that may not carry as much water as one might imagine.

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I'm now about 7 or 8 episodes in.
    My main complaint is every time something cool happens I get sad that I'm not watching Darkwing Duck made by the same team.

steam_sig.png
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    My main complaint is every time something cool happens I get sad that I'm not watching Darkwing Duck made by the same team.

Superheroes are the in thing right now. In another couple of years, after the superhero fad in Hollywood fades, superhero parodies will take their place, making it the perfect time for Darkwing Duck, Freakazoid, and Earthworm Jim to make their comebacks.

• TetraNitroCubaneTetraNitroCubane The Djinnerator At the bottom of a bottleRegistered User regular

Superheroes are the in thing right now. In another couple of years, after the superhero fad in Hollywood fades, superhero parodies will take their place, making it the perfect time for Darkwing Duck, Freakazoid, and Earthworm Jim to make their comebacks.

Does this mean we can finally get the full-length feature film Huntsman movie I've always wanted?!

VuIBhrs.png
  • SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular

It was basically a combination of two separate Wonka inventions.

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »

I like to think that gum isn't a trillion dollar invention because gyro would absolutely refuse to change the flavor because according to him it is THE BEST FLAVOR.

Well the gum being evil chemically alters to that flavor and keeps you alive for a decade while making it more intense

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular

Does this mean we can finally get the full-length feature film Huntsman movie I've always wanted?!

Last presidential election when John Huntsman ran, I had the theme song stuck in my head for weeks.

And then his campaign pretty much went like an episode of the Huntsman (nobody wants his help).

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    Omg episode 11 starts off with them watching Darkwing Duck.

How could they be this cruel specifically to me.

steam_sig.png
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Omg episode 11 starts off with them watching Darkwing Duck.

How could they be this cruel specifically to me.

It's entirely maddening, I know.

edited March 2019
    I finished season 1 last night.

The season finale is them playing fatal magical minigolf in a pocket dimension while Murderous Little Ponies voiced by Tara Strong and Andrea Libman repeatedly and cheerfully try to drown them.

Wtf even is this show

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
    The season finale is them playing fatal magical minigolf in a pocket dimension while Murderous Little Ponies voiced by Tara Strong and Andrea Libman repeatedly and cheerfully try to drown them.
    Wtf even is this show

Good.
    The show is good.
    That is all that you need to know.

• WinklebottomWinklebottom Registered User regular

Wtf even is this show

That isn't really the season finale, that is like the half season finale.

Wtf even is this show

Ah, it's one of those where the Amazon "seasons" don't line up with the written season? Like Stephen Universe?
    Good.
    The show is good.
    It's definitely in the weird but awesome category for me. I don't remember much about the original run beyond the song, so it's just kind of wild to me what they're doing with a show that my brain will always associate with being like 4 years old.

steam_sig.png
  • WinklebottomWinklebottom Registered User regular
    Well to be fair to Amazon, Disney did only air half of the 1st season and then had a bit of a hiatus while they made the rest of the season.

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular

Wtf even is this show

Ah, it's one of those where the Amazon "seasons" don't line up with the written season? Like Stephen Universe?
    Good.
    The show is good.
    It's definitely in the weird but awesome category for me. I don't remember much about the original run beyond the song, so it's just kind of wild to me what they're doing with a show that my brain will always associate with being like 4 years old.

The first season is sort of structured like Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig. Most of the episodes are standalone, but there are two overarcing plots in the season that various episodes further:
    One, Dewey looking for info on his mother Della;
    Two, Magica's machinations with regards to the Number One Dime.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    It's definitely in the weird but awesome category for me.

It only gets weirder and awesomer from here, and will do things the 80s series would never dream of doing (in the best way). Hold onto your butt.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular

Wtf even is this show

This is my favorite episode so far because the murder ponies had me in tears laughing so hard.

LostNinja wrote: »

Wtf even is this show

This is my favorite episode so far because the murder ponies had me in tears laughing so hard.

My favorite thing is that they're Twilight Sparkle and Fluttershy Tara Strong and Andrea Libman.

LostNinja wrote: »

Wtf even is this show

My favorite thing is that they're Twilight Sparkle and Fluttershy Tara Strong and Andrea Libman.

Technically they're Twilight Sparkle and Pinkie Pie based on the coloration.

steam_sig.png
    Fair enough. I mean, same VA, but still, fair enough.

Oh yeah, i just wanted to be needlessly pedantic for the strikethrough joke.

Besides, Fluttershy would never try to drown someone.
    Maybe give them a bath.

steam_sig.png

Maybe give them a bath.

You've accidentally crossed into a dark territory

Maybe give them a bath.

You've accidentally crossed into a dark territory

I just meant like when she cared for her animal friends. Like Angel Bunny. That jerk.

steam_sig.png
  • DacDac Registered User regular

Maybe give them a bath.

The difference between one and the other is the level of enthusiasm.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • TetraNitroCubaneTetraNitroCubane The Djinnerator At the bottom of a bottleRegistered User regular
    I hope nobody in this thread fell for the April Fool's Prank that I fell for yesterday.
    For a few naive hours, I legitimately believed that a full-fledged Darkwing Duck remake was being made and set to debut at the end of this year. There were convincing tweets and promo art.

Then, upon realizing the date and using a more critical eye, there was only heartbreak.

VuIBhrs.png
    I am so glad i didn't encounter that in the wild.

steam_sig.png
  • ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Man. That was just mean Disney.

Might still be true. There's a darkwing episode this season so maybe spinoff is in the cards

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Cool, when can I buy season 1 on dvd or bluray!?

Great, a week after buying s1 on Amazon.

steam_sig.png
    Great, a week after buying s1 on Amazon.

Let's be clear that the last time they did this, it was for a limited time, and then when new episodes hit, they pulled the free viewing. It's almost certainly an attempt to get anyone who has been waiting, on the fence, or whatever to catch up, spread the word, tell their friends, etc.