As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Anthem] Death from Above ! and Sideways ! sometimes even from Below !

• KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    I'm kind of waiting for the next big event to pop up...do when have any idea when that is?

We'll see Legendary Missions drop end of this month. April will have guilds, Mastery System (whatever that is), a new stronghold, etc. May is when the first Cataclysm starts which should bring more story, etc.

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Man they need to fix the stronghold glitches, stronghold quickplay is a no go zone right now because of broken stronghold runs

• dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Mastery System should be the pilot advancement stuff.

• Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    Apparently this month a Beasts In the Field part 2 will arrive, where stuff happens in the NW of the map; at the moment this Beasts in the Field is in the Valley of Tarsis and Great Canyon (?).

It would be nice that these mini-events are not hidden in the Challenges (in the category with turrets destroyed/ursix/titans killed).

There should also be a Scar Infestion mini-event and an Outlaw Outrage mini-event this month; it’s what they call “freeplay events” on the roadmap. (next month should have 7 different ones).

I do wish that the rewards were cosmetics each time (like the There Be Giants one); or maybe because they consider this Beasts in the Field part 1 that we only get 2000 coins?

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    So this means both my gun reloads are 40% faster?

bwzpa43iv3h8.jpg

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    No, has the gear icon so only applies to that weapon.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
    Okay gm1 is really easy now for my colossus so I'm going to try gm2, I'm guessing that's where you can get masterwork support gear cos I've gotten like a million masterworks and I'm still running a purple support gear mod

• Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    The best "bug" is the No-Support-Skill-Increases-Melee&Combo-Damage one.

I easily one-shot elite enemies in GM2 on my Colossus using Firewall Mortar (not even a masterwork), jumping into the air and slamming everyone.

Then I just use Best Defence (MW siege cannon) to completely refill my armour whenever I need it.

GM1 is super easy for me too, but I don’t have the damage for GM2. I had a good mission on Gm2 yesterday where everyone was similar to me and it was actually a little difficult and challenging. Mostly because their shields kept regening actually making them feel like they had 20x the health of GM1.

No masterwork support gear in the game yet.

steam_sig.png
    edited March 2019
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    GM1 is super easy for me too, but I don’t have the damage for GM2. I had a good mission on Gm2 yesterday where everyone was similar to me and it was actually a little difficult and challenging. Mostly because their shields kept regening actually making them feel like they had 20x the health of GM1.

Yeah it's a bit of a slog, it's nice having to worry about being killed again and stay on my toes and farm for health, but it sure takes a while to down enemies, not too egregious just wondering if it's worth it long term. Are certain legendsries only available at GM2 etc?

Got 4 masterworks which isn't too bad, but only one I hadn't got before and no new weapons. I'll see if it's worth it going forward or if it's just better to farm gm1

Prohass on
    Everything is available on all difficulty levels, so no need to run GM2 over GM1. For loot per hour GM1 is the sweet spot I believe.

steam_sig.png
  • Redspo0nRedspo0n Registered User regular
    Got my first MW.
    0gtsmmdr7763.png

Yeeeeah... Does WAY more damage than my melee.. kinda ruins the whole Spaceblender jam I so enjoyed.

"Hey, want a Skull Servent? He's Evil."
    XFIRE:redspo0n (Yep, Zero in there) XBL: Pinkspo0n
    Don't worry lots of melee builds, I forget my colossus even has guns half the time, I just freeze and slam combo enemies to death

Also the bastion collectibles achievement really needs to start pinging collectables once you've gotten like 75%

Basically the only reasonable way to get that achievement is to make another pilot and just cheese it that way

• AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    I just got a masterwork called hard landing or something that does an explosion when I slam the ground I think.

That's gonna be fun times.

• Phoenix138Phoenix138 ArizonaRegistered User regular
    Aridhol wrote: »
    I just got a masterwork called hard landing or something that does an explosion when I slam the ground I think.

That's gonna be fun times.

Apparently it also removes the superhero landing delay animation when you drop from a high distance, too. You just land and can immediately continue smashing.

Thought I'd better start working on something other than my colossus, decided to get used to my ranger again by doing freeplay gm1. Literally first world event chest I get has a legendary guided missile mod.

• evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Meanwhile I ran all three legendary contracts on GM2 today and got only the one guaranteed MW drop each.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

Cobalt60 wrote: »

I easily one-shot elite enemies in GM2 on my Colossus using Firewall Mortar (not even a masterwork), jumping into the air and slamming everyone.

Then I just use Best Defence (MW siege cannon) to completely refill my armour whenever I need it.

Wait so removing the support item increases your melee/dmg that much b/c of that scaling thing they have?

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    Cobalt60 wrote: »

Wait so removing the support item increases your melee/dmg that much b/c of that scaling thing they have?

It looks like melee/combo/ult damage is based off the javelin power / number of item slots so the average of each of your items power. Which is a good way of scaling when players are levelling at probably have a whole bunch of different gear with different power levels and rarities.

I only have 1 legendary weapon so theoretically I could leave my secondary empty and get a extra small boost as well.

The reason it cropped up so obviously is they buffed melee/ult/everything that works off gear score by bumping up MW/Leg gear score a lot. When their scores were way closer to the epic score having an epic in your support slot made very little difference.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Yeah, If I had to guess MW support items were supposed to be a thing.

Like I said, kinda obvious this game probably needed like another 6 months or so. Like it'll get there eventually but it is still annoying.

edited March 2019
    Good lord fuck this game right now.

Try GM2, no fucking drops there either.

Try do tyrant mine, bunch of people AFKing the boss.

Try do legendary contracts, they keep bugging.

I now can't get half of today's dailies because bullshit has eaten up all my play time.

It's not fun to play tonight because server performance has gone to shit with rubber banding all over the place.

edit: and the worst part of all is you can't even rage quit the game properly because it requires hunting for the process in task manager.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

Fuck it, canceled my Access Premier.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    I don't blame you. :( Just beat the storyline last night and saw all the new contract missions opened up, but I figured I'd finally try the temple of the scar now that that's opened up.

NEWWWPPPPPP Three times in a row trying to start...START a TOS run, and I get dumped into a bugged instance where the doors won't open. I wasn't even trying to backfill via quickplay and it still borked me. Got frustrated and ran a Tyrant mine instead and got rewarded with an upgraded MW Fist of Straal as a consolation prize so that's neato. But yeah, I'm already having trouble getting matchmaking to fill on side contracts now. Granted I'm playing on hard, but I think I may have to bump up to GM1 to get a larger pool of available players.

Is 422 with both of my weapons as legendaries doable with GM1 or should I try to slog out in Hard for longer?

• SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Doable, shouldn't be a problem, your probably pretty fragile so just poke around the edges.

One problem with the loot pools the way they are is there is a strong chance you load into GM1 with someone on an overgeared storm farming since he has no reason to push into gm2 and can probably carry a GM 1 contract

PSN SeGaTai
    Yeah the first few times in GM2 I had my team carry me.
    I just had to play super save and help out with some status effects to let them combo, and act like a decoy without actually getting hit.

Now though I can do fairly well in GM2 since GM1 is almost a cake walk.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    GM2 was not fun on my storm. I don't know if I just have crap rolls, pretty sure not, or if the way I was trying to play is just not it. My ten thousand suns hit for 20k but they have like 100k HP each and that is just the standard grunts. It already rolled with 150% gear damage so no real way to beat that. I don't know for now I am finishing up the trophies, just need 1 more, but then.../shrug. Sekiro comes out next Friday anyways. Maybe in the week or two it takes me to get the platinum in it Bioware will remember how to build a game.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion

I wish sexy danger had a LOT more content.

Prob my fav character.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular

Prob my fav character.

Yeah she was definitely a fun bit of dialogue. Also what happened to that regulator that took over the bar that sexy danger was supposed to now be working for? Last conversation I had with her was when I asked her to get more dawnguard episodes for Faye and she said she'd look into it after I 'owed her a favor' and she just poofed and no one seems to mention it. Bug or is that happening for everyone else?

And thanks for the tips about Gm1, I'm definitely feeling glass canony with my colossus as ludicrous as that sounds, but with my legendaries only being in my weapons my components need some serious help. I take it I should focus on the armor stacking ones above all else? I kind like having all the components that give me +ammo and mag size for my autocannons though... :-/

edited March 2019

Prob my fav character.

Yeah she was definitely a fun bit of dialogue. Also what happened to that regulator that took over the bar that sexy danger was supposed to now be working for? Last conversation I had with her was when I asked her to get more dawnguard episodes for Faye and she said she'd look into it after I 'owed her a favor' and she just poofed and no one seems to mention it. Bug or is that happening for everyone else?

And thanks for the tips about Gm1, I'm definitely feeling glass canony with my colossus as ludicrous as that sounds, but with my legendaries only being in my weapons my components need some serious help. I take it I should focus on the armor stacking ones above all else? I kind like having all the components that give me +ammo and mag size for my autocannons though... :-/

Bar lady
    comes back after a while. She mentioned that it'd take months to get that fortuo brew on a strider, which I guess is what happened since she has tons of it after returning. Old dude even gets piss drunk off it and you have a dance-off.

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »
    GM2 was not fun on my storm. I don't know if I just have crap rolls, pretty sure not, or if the way I was trying to play is just not it. My ten thousand suns hit for 20k but they have like 100k HP each and that is just the standard grunts. It already rolled with 150% gear damage so no real way to beat that. I don't know for now I am finishing up the trophies, just need 1 more, but then.../shrug. Sekiro comes out next Friday anyways. Maybe in the week or two it takes me to get the platinum in it Bioware will remember how to build a game.

It's more the way scaling and mods work (in addition to my continuing dislike of that particular skill). Due to the additive nature of damage mods, abilities just can't keep up, especially when just doing straight damage. The only way to get multiplicative damage is via critical hits. Most of GM2 is about crowd control and unloading on crit spots so you can load up on both damage and multiply that with crit shots. For example, on my colossus, I strip shields, freeze an elite/legendary hunter and then just unload into the crit spot with Endless Siege. This is pretty much the only way to really efficiently do damage in GM2 to the higher health enemies like elites/legendaries.

Given that Thousand Suns is real slow to charge and shoot, it's not very good for hitting crit spots like some other abilities (like my +175% Glacial Spear hits for 3x20k on a crit spot). You probably also need some good synergistic weapons such as a well rolled Avenging Herald to really do damage in GM2. The Aretenia's Gambit you mentioned earlier just won't cut it.

• SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    In other news, it appears that scaling issues (just like the level 1 Defender) are also negatively affecting player's health and shields. One guy set out to do a bunch of testing, believing that +shields% mods didn't do anything. After a bunch of testing, it appears that they do, but that gear level has a direct relationship to the amount of damage you take. The higher your gear level, the more damage you take as a percentage of your health bar. https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGame/comments/b0znzd/after_running_tests_it_seems_that_to_shields_does/
    without armor or shield (power 704) - 14 hits
    with +25% armor (power 704) - 15 hits
    with 90% shield (power 704) - 24 hits
    90% shield + 25% armor (power 704) - 25 hits

Now here is where it gets interesting, I suspected it was the level 0 defender issue, i.e. scaling. So you'll never guessed what happened:

without armor or shield (power 678) - 19 hits
    with +25% armor (power 678) - 20 hits
    with 90% shield (power 678) - 29 hits
    90% shield + 25% armor level (power 678) - 30 hits

Oh, also Thunderbolt of Yvenia is broken on Storms only, and the proc is doing only about 30% of the damage it should be doing. https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGame/comments/b0r02x/thunderbolt_of_yvenia_is_bugged_on_storm_testing/

Simpsonia on
    Yeah I'm maining a lazer now to burn through shields first (along with gunfire), then freeze and combo with melees weaved in between all that.
    Combos and 300%+ melee dmg is what does the work once shields are down.

I'm getting more fond of that leggo freeze grenade now, mainly because freezing turrets is the best way to get rid of them.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • kaidkaid Registered User regular
    ronzo wrote: »
    So, when I was playing last night between 1am-4am EST, I only had 1 mission out of. 4 storyline missions where I was matchmade with anyone, and zero of the contracts/side missions had anyone else. I had my party set to public, normal difficulty, and I was playing on PC.

Is the game already that dead, or is there some weird bug I’m not aware of?

I think some of it is that people got gunshy about quick play which is one of the ways to feed people to help people doing those missions. Also I think a lot of people are just at max level now as I basically have instant queues for anything from hard to gm3 for whatever I am queuing for.

KafkaAU wrote: »

Finding a couple good master work guns with some good damage stats is basically the point of if you can move on to GM2 comfortably. Storms can do it pretty easily just using powers for damage though. Feels like that for GM3 to feel fun you would need a good legendary gun with decent damage rolls. I tried it but everything is just such a bullet sponge for my weapons it is not enjoyable yet.

Prob my fav character.

She is probably off making sexy bad choices.

• Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Wrestling with keeping my Premier to show support for the game even if I'm not playing it. But in the end I canceled it. I'd assume the game will last till this summer and I can at least finish the campaign with less bugs.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
    Quickplay is broken as fuck.
    I don't care what loot I am or am not getting when I can't even play the damned game.

Did a GM2 quickplay

worked out

9famLke.png

niiiiiiice. My colossus would definitely like that.