As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The [NFL] Sucks and I Hate it!

• pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Knowing the limits of Eli’s arm at this stage of his career, the Giants are going to roll out the 4 slot receiver set and take the league by storm

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Giants get Golden Tate

4yrs $37.5mil, $23mil fully guaranteed

What the fuck are the Giants doing

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Giants get Golden Tate

4yrs $37.5mil, $23mil fully guaranteed

What the fuck are the Giants doing

Money fight!

• MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Signing receivers that get it, unlike that other guy...

Maximum on
    Knowing the limits of Eli’s arm at this stage of his career, the Giants are going to roll out the 4 slot receiver set and take the league by storm

Apparently!

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Golden Tate!

Fuck you, Gettleman!

• MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    At this point I think I should just go apply. Gettlemen, I'm 33, run a 4.6 and lead my flag league in receiving TD's this season. How much will you give me?

• Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    It'll be interesting to see how it's structured. Is most of the guarantee up front, ie is this really a 2 year deal. If so, it's not the worst, they need someone to throw to and there are not a lot of WR's in the draft or in free agency.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    It's probably not a bad signing actually. I'm just bitter right now.

Kareem Hunt suspended 8 games

• ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    I do not understand why the Browns signed him.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
    Butters wrote: »
    I do not understand why the Browns signed him.

I do and I hate it

Fresh legs for the playoff push. I'm sure Cleveland is devastated by this turn of events.

Please explain. They have Nick Chubb who is good and they have Duke Johnson who is pretty ok. They didn't need a lightning rod RB that was inevitably facing a fat suspension.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    I’m not sure it’s more complicated than he’s a talented running back that was available and two talented running backs are better than one. Dorsey was familiar with him from Kansas City and his experiences in signing good players who have done reprehensible shit have given him no reason to think this wouldn’t work out.

• lazegamerlazegamer The magnanimous cyberspaceRegistered User regular
    I’m not sure it’s more complicated than he’s a talented running back that was available and two talented running backs are better than one. Dorsey was familiar with him from Kansas City and his experiences in signing good players who have done reprehensible shit have given him no reason to think this wouldn’t work out.

He's one of the most talented rubbing backs in the league and they're paying him peanuts. If he plays all 8 games after his suspension, he will have earned around $600,000.

I would download a car.
    lazegamer wrote: »

He's one of the most talented rubbing backs in the league and they're paying him peanuts. If he plays all 8 games after his suspension, he will have earned around $600,000.

I've heard about his back rubbing skill but I thought it was a myth.

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Tannehill and a 6th to the Titans for a 7th this year and a 4th next

Sweeney Tom on
  • mcpmcp Registered User regular
    Is Mariota hurt or something?

• BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    mcp wrote: »

Not today.

mcp wrote: »

No but he will be.

Now that sounds like I'm threatening Marcus Mariota

The Titans might be the likeliest team to try the "start over with rookie QB" strategy. If Mariota gets hurt again this year, and with a good QB class next year in the draft, it wouldn't be the worst idea to just move on. They have a decent team.

He might just be going to Joe's Stone Crab for dinner. We'll see.

This isn't his first accusation, right?

• mcpmcp Registered User regular
    He plead guilty to assaulting his pregnant girlfriend in college.

They're currently married.

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Cops say the victim was their son

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article227983684.html Article got updated, the kid broke his arm in the incident

Sweeney Tom on
    Cops say the victim was their son

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article227983684.html Article got updated, the kid broke his arm in the incident

The fiancee whom was pregnant during his first assault charge is currently expecting twins. Jesus this is terrible.

Get him the fuck out of the league.

Apparently Golden Tate is a lifelong Giants fan so

upxddovta445.jpg

Ok, I can support this signing.

Get him the fuck out of the league.

And into a prison cell

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »

He might just be going to Joe's Stone Crab for dinner. We'll see.
    I'm not opposed to this.

Not that I think Bortles will lead the Dolphins to 1,000 years Superbowl Legend or anything, but they're not in a position to do much for the next few years anyway. Couldn't hurt to have him, and I'll buy that jersey.

sig.gif
    edited March 2019
    Blake needs to play for Tampa after Miami to finish his NFL career as the consummate Florida QB

Then back home to Orlando in the AAF?

Captain Inertia on
  • eddizhereeddizhere Scrubber Than A Sponge Scrubtown, USARegistered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    The Titans might be the likeliest team to try the "start over with rookie QB" strategy. If Mariota gets hurt again this year, and with a good QB class next year in the draft, it wouldn't be the worst idea to just move on. They have a decent team.

Most of the long-time titans fans that I know love Marcus and are at least grateful that management is giving him a chance by adding pieces in the receiving game and o-Line. Mariota can be a great player but he’s had a lot of bad luck. Last year he lost his top two pass catchers in the first two or three games (Walker injured, Matthews quitting)and got an injury on an uncalled late hit that persisted throughout the season.

Hoping Humphries and Shaffold being added to the offense make a difference. Davis, Henry, and Walker got us most of the way there last year.

League of Legends: Plutoniumwombat
    Smite: Plutoniumwombat
    I liked Mariota as well coming out of the draft. However he's yet to play a full season and his accuracy has been off lately; probably due to the injuries. If he can play a full season and returns to form, I could see the Titans signing him; maybe to a prove it shorter contract deal. But if he misses games again, they'll move on. In a division with Luck and Watson along with a Jag's team that could be much better, they need a good to great QB that can stay healthy.

Giants are apparently not interested in Haskins.

They were also not trading OBJ.

So yeah, you know how all that shit goes.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Why? Like seriously, why would any professional sports organization give him another chance so soon after his latest flame-out?

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
This discussion has been closed.