As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fighting Games] As conceived in 2016 by Twitter operators

• ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Dude has been my favourite player for years, so I'm very happy to see him taking a more active role in putting competition first.

• templewulftemplewulf The Team Chump USARegistered User regular
    I miss his Adon! What a hero

Twitch.tv/FiercePunchStudios | PSN | Steam | Discord | SFV CFN: templewulf
    edited March 2019
    Also, if anyone else is curious about UNIST hype, you can watch Sajam learn the game as a complete beginner:
    *hovers cursor over Phonon* "I can tell she's a problem character just by the way she looks."

"...I would probably like her"

templewulf on
    Though for real hype, check out Enkidu, (formerly known as worst character in the game) absolutely wreck shop:
    This one really helped me figure out some Enkidu air conversions, which has been a weak point in my Enki game.

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    You know that UNIST has a compact tier list when the 'worst character in the game' has won tournaments.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular

So TWT details announced.

Pretty cool that there will be a decent cash prize for the Finals this time cause 7k was a bummer.

• l_gl_g Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Pretty cool that there will be a decent cash prize for the Finals this time cause 7k was a bummer.

But it was great when a random MvC2 tournament in Yipes' basement could raise more money than TWT grand prize off random stream donations!

Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
  • KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    So fucking pumped for TWT this year

• PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    @Knob and @templewulf and whoever else was involved in the discussion of “moves” some time ago...

I just realized the other day that one of my toddler’s toys says, as part of the cycling repitoire of phrases, “Show me your favorite dance moves!”

So, we are conditioning children from a very young age to use the term “move” in association with a technique or specific movement template... even before they can really understand what a “dance move” is.

And now that I’ve posted this, maybe I can stop thinking “I should make a post and tell them!” every time this stuffed dog repeats that phrase.

• El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    templewulf wrote: »
    Though for real hype, check out Enkidu, (formerly known as worst character in the game) absolutely wreck shop:
    This one really helped me figure out some Enkidu air conversions, which has been a weak point in my Enki game.

I need to know that song that plays for the first 4 minutes of this video. It doesn't sound like native UNIST music, because I heard a track from Tekken 7 later in the video.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

edited March 2019
    Fucking Changs, man.

An ~i13 mid that is -2 on block? Not so bad. Comparable to a lot of df+1. Oh but it moves forward a good distance? And it tracks well? To both sides? And it has an NC extension that is safe? And also a CH launcher?

Fuckin' party crasher, man.

Oh yeah. And its a goddamn elbow.

Knob on
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular

the best fighting game of the year is coming

6F32U1X.png
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    One of the best things that the power rangers fighting game is stealing from DBZF is how deep its cuts are for character selection

One of those characters literally appears for one episode of one season

It makes me excited to see what they do if the game sells well, how crazy they'll get with it

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    One of the best things that the power rangers fighting game is stealing from DBZF is how deep its cuts are for character selection

It makes me excited to see what they do if the game sells well, how crazy they'll get with it

They are pulling from the DEEPEST OF CUTS from this roster and I love it.

Give me Bulk & Skull as an ice climbers duo

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular

Are Zen-Aku and Lunar Wolf Ranger in?

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA

Are Zen-Aku and Lunar Wolf Ranger in?

zen aku is in the mobile game this is sort of spun out from, so its possible

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

Give me Bulk & Skull as an ice climbers duo

did the japanese sentai series have a bulk and skull equivalent?

Yeah, Skulk and Bull

Everyone who googled to see if that was true owes me a dollar.

• PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    PS4

Xbox

Looks like they've released a free "Core Fighters" version of DoA6. Comes with 4 characters with options to buy the others.

• chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Online stress test keys for MK11 are going out. I got one, but due to current home renovations I am going to have to play via *shudder* WiFi.

• DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    BOLD move to put little known character Goku in DB Fighterz

oh my god are you serious

DeMoN wrote: »

God damn it.

For those keeping track, the Goku count is up to Base, Gold, Blue, Pink, Dad, Fusion, Kid. Once we add Ape, SS4, Other Fusion, and Ultra Instinct, we might consider non-Goku characters.

• JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    this is just a leak, and apparently from a site which has a mixed reputation

there is no formal announcement yet

but... if this comes to be true, this is... very disappointing

• DeansDeans Registered User regular
    It's not even the more interesting actual kid Goku, just GT kid Goku who does adult Goku things.

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I think thats amazing, put it in literally every flavor of every character

Put in dragonball goku next

2x39jD4.jpg
    Jasconius wrote: »
    this is just a leak, and apparently from a site which has a mixed reputation

there is no formal announcement yet

but... if this comes to be true, this is... very disappointing

Yeah, twitter comments amplify rumors. Go look for "vjump" there and it's people making stuff up ("yo guys, leaks tomorrow, i feel it") or harassing Toyotaro's twitter account (DBS manga guy).

I think GT's alright IMO.

I recall someone complaining about the Gokus not having Super Dragon Fist as a super. Maybe GT Goku will have it.

Now, who will be the other DLC character?

Pan? Kefla? Whis? Or farmer with a shotgun?

XBL - ArchSilversmith

i want chi chi with a rocket launcher

As long as it's not Chichi with "that" outfit.

Bulma with a T.Bonne-like mech would be nice.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZCvFW-zp0c

Final Round SFV Pools on right now

• chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Holy shit, MK11 looks good.

Only three character in the beta: Scorpion, Barraka and blood weapons woman.

Net code feels pretty good, no problem finding matches. Playing on an Xbox controller is no bueno, will have to play it for real tonight.

No practice mode, but I suppose I should have known.

yooo CJ over Bonchan in pools!

Brolo wrote: »
    yooo CJ over Bonchan in pools!

yooo coolkid over Tokido in pools!

coolkid wakeup supered tokido 3 separate times in the exact same situation and hit all 3

nice, cool

• LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    The latest patch for DOA6 pretty much fixed the way the costume drop system works.

You now get lots of pieces at a time, they go toward costumes for the character you are playing as, and spare parts get assigned to another costume when you complete one.

Basically all three complaints were fixed in one swoop. Good on the team for responding to feedback this quickly. It's made me a lot happier playing the game.

This discussion has been closed.