As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] One does not simply gacha into Mordor. (LOTR starts 3/8).

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    That's a LOT of 4* Motes. I do have his USB but since I usually only use him for Entrust Shenanigans. Then again with his upcoming free AOSB I should get on that.

It's actually the normal amount - his takes half the number normal spheres do, if memory serves.

...omg my life is a lie.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »

Ixion sub-4.

...great, now I really want Bartz's LMR, again.

I have all of this aside from Ramza USB, so I may try it at some point.

• Options
    That's a LOT of 4* Motes. I do have his USB but since I usually only use him for Entrust Shenanigans. Then again with his upcoming free AOSB I should get on that.

It's actually the normal amount - his takes half the number normal spheres do, if memory serves.

...omg my life is a lie.

Actually no, I was wrong. They all take 75 motes too.

I could have sworn.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I think onion are half price.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Dupe Curilla LMR oh well.

• Options
    Haha, Faris's Glint is an improved version of her old unique Soul Break, Sea Lord's Broadside. Power creep, yo.

I feel kinda weird not wanting to pull on an FFV banner, particularly one loaded with cool and flavorful new tech. The blurse of foresight, I guess.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    This banner sure seemed a lot better six months ago I’ll tell you.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited March 2019
    ...huh. Looks like I forgot to do the Cid Missions on the FFXIII event. Looking at the team I had been building, I plumb forgot to do those two fights at all.

Oh well! At least I didn't forget the stuff with mythril. Orbs come and go.

Enlong on
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    I'm kinda stacked for old XI relics, but I enjoy the RoP dailies so

2/3: Prishe BSB (dupe), Curilla USB1

....nice, buff and radiant for a realm that could definitely use it. Plus I snagged her USB2 during the last XI event so she's got some nice utility to bring to the table. (Also have her healing/esuna SSB so even more so)

I vaguely remember when Gluttony Swords were the must-have for up and coming tanks in XI. I don't think I could afford one at the time, hah!

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    XI: 1/3, no disco. Curilla BSB. Not a dupe, though it won't beat out her USB1 unless I really need Sentinel for some reason.

• Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    FF11....

Shantotto Chain. Iridal Staff.

Lightning again.

Is there a mote dungeon that is Lightning?

• Options
    Zeid BSB. And guess what, it was what I needed to clear d280 Torment. Pretty happy with that pull. It helps that he's got access to Heavy Combat.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Holy shit this 260 CM is stupid as hell.

Edit: Finally beat the damned thing after ten tries. It took a legit V fire team with Gilgamesh's CSB to beat him down. I've never been so glad to have Faris's BSB2.

Darklyre on
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    I am quitting 100 gem pulls... until Rainbow shards go live. Better to get rainbow powder than gil, at this point. Same deal with LotR pulls.

• Options
    I keep hoping to get a daily hit that blows open the magicite I'm working on and I haven't had a daily hit in weeks now.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    1/3 Aphmau USB...dupe.

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    I keep hoping to get a daily hit that blows open the magicite I'm working on and I haven't had a daily hit in weeks now.

You can have the shared soulbreak light armor I got. Does a whole single water attack. It's even a dupe, because I remember pulling this way back in the day.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    Maytag wrote: »

You can have the shared soulbreak light armor I got. Does a whole single water attack. It's even a dupe, because I remember pulling this way back in the day.

Is that the Viking Coat? I remember that thing! I recall pulling it off of an actual banner, and realizing that the person I most wanted to use it on was... Wakka. Whose default soul break is the same damn move.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular

I just reviewed my log of daily draw hits (I started a log of all my relic draws back when they updated the daily draws, to help answer the question of "when the heck did I get this?")

Last daily draw hit: 13 days ago (Bartz LMR2)
    Last potentially useful daily draw hit: 2/8/19 (Lulu Arcane)
    Last hit I've actually used for its SB: never (I've used a couple for stat sticks, but I haven't gotten around to using the 2-3 potentially useful SBs I've drawn)

Basically, I wouldn't count on the daily draw to help you with any particular magicite. :X

One fun thing this tracking has done is help me compare how the Realms on Parade draws have been going every festival.
    September 2018: 6 very useful items out of 17
    December 2018: 5 very useful items + 1 potentially useful item out of 17
    March 2019: ??? (not doing them until after the rainbow shards update)

• Options
    A man can dream, a man can dream.

Also Belias critical hits is so much fun. So much fun.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Speaking of dailies, I just got a dupe Barret SSB. Whoo :p

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Had some trouble with Manticore yesterday, so I decided i'd give Typhon a try and managed to down him in 25secs!

Strange fight, but not that hard or random once you get the hang of it. Nevermind that, apparently I can go too fast and mess it all up.

The team was:

Serah CSB
    Lulu USB2/AOSB
    OK BSB
    Matoya USB
    Elarra USB

Maytag on
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    If you don't need them to beat the DPS checks, I highly recommend removing all of your doublecast LMs for Chupon, just to make things more consistent. That looks very similar to my team, but I have Rinoa USB/AOSB instead of Lulu, Shantotto USB instead of Matoya, and Shelke instead of Onion.

That fight is so consistent and low-stress that it has become my go-to farm for weekly/monthly missions.

Fry on
  • Options
    Fry wrote: »
    If you don't need them to beat the DPS checks, I highly recommend removing all of your doublecast LMs for Chupon, just to make things more consistent. That looks very similar to my team, but I have Rinoa USB/AOSB instead of Lulu, Shantotto USB instead of Matoya, and Shelke instead of Onion.

That fight is so consistent and low-stress that it has become my go-to farm for weekly/monthly missions.

That seems so counter-intuitive, but i'll give it a go. I don't think I got very many doublecasts at all in the run where I offed him.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Does anyone think we'll get the 40 draw that comes with this fest, or did we use it up when KH arrived?

• Options
    Didn’t Japan also get 2 40-pulls for KH?

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    Didn’t Japan also get 2 40-pulls for KH?

Theirs was linked to the introduction of a new feature, draw tickets, I believe.

• Options
    I think the understanding was that we got the same draws, just not connected to tickets because those don’t exist yet.

• Options
    Worked like a charm @Fry, thanks for the tip! 27 seconds, but super stable.

• Options
    Does anyone think we'll get the 40 draw that comes with this fest, or did we use it up when KH arrived?

I hope!

• Options
    I think so, the 40x draw was connected to Legendary weapons and here's some crap to mulch for shards. Otherwise we'd be unprepared.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Technically, we’re better prepared regardless. Because we know that there will be a second wave of legendary weapons that are better choices for rainbow shards, so we won’t spend as much on the Realm Synergy-focused ones.

• Options
    They knew that too. It is in the legendary weapon announcement when it comes. I was talking about FFRK in general not just Reddit etc

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Daily today was Aemo SSB, which means I've technically got healing coverage for every realm now.

The last few dailies I got were Uniques (Vincent, Strago), so this was a step up I suppose.

• Options
    Was skimming through reddit clears of Belias for stuff that might help 38th. Didn't find any that fit exactly with what I know 38th has, but I did run across this comical clear where someone gets a sub-30 with Tidus, Yuffie, and Onion (Ninja USB + Voltech). Tidus and Yuffie are dealing hits for 7000 (9999 on crits) when the chain is at maximum :0

• Options
    How in the goddamn?

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Listen to my story indeed. Also, man Vitality Motes are the worst motes.

lionheart_m on
  • Options
    Fry wrote: »
    Was skimming through reddit clears of Belias for stuff that might help 38th. Didn't find any that fit exactly with what I know 38th has, but I did run across this comical clear where someone gets a sub-30 with Tidus, Yuffie, and Onion (Ninja USB + Voltech). Tidus and Yuffie are dealing hits for 7000 (9999 on crits) when the chain is at maximum :0

You are the best! I'm currently trying Onion with entrust/voltech and famfrit as main magicite. Only had two trials so far but so far without kraken imperil I am not clearing the second berserk.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    RAGE!
    ptdotqwmpnoa.jpg

This discussion has been closed.