As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Transfomers: Rise of the Beast Trailer #2 is out

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Man that's cool but its a lame ass transformation

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    There's also apparently going to be a 5 issue miniseries from IDW (who also have the Ghostbusters license!)

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Ecto one possessed by a dead Spark?

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Well, shit, I think I waited too long and missed my chance to pre-order on Hasbro Pulse. I doubt they'll be rare, but still.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Athenor wrote: »
    Well, shit, I think I waited too long and missed my chance to pre-order on Hasbro Pulse. I doubt they'll be rare, but still.

Same boat. It's up at Gamestop for $10 more and I'm debating grabbing it there or risk waiting for a restock at Pulse.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    k11IgEN.jpg

Looks like Ghostbusters isn't the only franchise having a crossover with Transformers.
    Titled "Mazinger Z vs. Transformers", the crossover manga will have a total of six chapters, with each chapter being illustrated by a different artist. The manga's plot is written by Transformers franchise alumni Hiroto Isihikawa with artist Naoto Tsushima (Transformers: The Battle of Star Gate) credited for the story's synopsis. The artists illustrating the manga are: Yu Kinutani (Devilman Mokushiroku: Strange Days), Hayato Sakamoto, Hidetsugu Yoshioka (Transformers PD Type), Kazuya Hoshi, Naoyuki Fujisawa (Blood Soul), and Naoto Tsushima (Transformers: Energon). Lastly, Mazinger Z series creator Go Nagai illustrated the main cover of this crossover.

Mazinger Z vs. Transformers is set for a March 28th release in Japan.

• Options
    Transformers: War For Cybertron animated series is in production with the help from (and for) Netflix. The series is produced and animated by Rooster Teeth (Red vs Blue) and Polygon Pictures (Transformers: Prime) respectively.

Hopefully this will be better than the Prime Wars trilogy.

Lotsa great news today.

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Transformers: War For Cybertron animated series is in production with the help from (and for) Netflix. The series is produced and animated by Rooster Teeth (Red vs Blue) and Polygon Pictures (Transformers: Prime) respectively.

Hopefully this will be better than the Prime Wars trilogy.

Lotsa great news today.

It has the same show runner as the Machinima series though, so there's a huge possibility it'll be shit.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    edited February 2019
  • Options

THERE'S MY GHOSTY BOY!

Was worried from that big splash page that they weren't going to do the #1 thing you would do in a Ghostbusters/Transformers crossover.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Okay, hunting Starscream's ghost is a pretty good hook for that.

• Options
    Gamestop is having a sale, and Ectotron is $37.49 right now

https://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-Hasbro+Transformers,28zu0

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Hrmmmm...

Shipping is $8. I'd jump on this if there was ship to store and pickup options...

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Anyone wanna see a page from the upcoming crossover?
    5BPZZfG.jpg

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Anyone wanna see a page from the upcoming crossover?
    5BPZZfG.jpg

Is it wrong that I really want to see a Metroplex/Staypuff Marshmallow man/Trypticon three way throwdown?
    Because it feels like it probably should be wrong, but I want it anyway.

• Options
    Well, Staypuft is about 112 feet tall; Metroplex is like 2 miles tall.

Staypuft would be better put against Devastator or one of the other combiners.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    GIVE ME TRANSFORMING DEVIL DOGS

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    GIVE ME TRANSFORMING DEVIL DOGS

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Horri-Bull#Generation_1

• Options
    That page alone convinced me to buy the whole thing.

Also, I can feel my resolve breaking. As much as I hate the movie Transformers, and TF2 in particular, I am starting to think that a ginormous Devastator sans scrotum would be cool...

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    the scrotum is the best part!!!!

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options

Also, I can feel my resolve breaking. As much as I hate the movie Transformers, and TF2 in particular, I am starting to think that a ginormous Devastator sans scrotum would be cool...

Nah.

• Options

Staypuft was only that tall because he was pictured by a human. If he had been called into being by a giant transforming robot, one would imagine he'd be upscaled appropriately.
    Also, it's Transformers. When has scale ever been a thing for them?

• Options
    see317 wrote: »

Staypuft was only that tall because he was pictured by a human. If he had been called into being by a giant transforming robot, one would imagine he'd be upscaled appropriately.

I always figured he was that size because that's how big the form of the destructor is. (Otherwise why wasn't he twice as tall.)
    Also, it's Transformers. When has scale ever been a thing for them?

Shhhhhhhh....

• Options

Nah.

I knoooow, but I did like the idea behind Devastator. The problem was that the toys sucked and the inidividual robot modes were stupid. But I also know he'll likely be put together and just stay there.

MCMComicCon%202018%20-%20Studio%20Series%20Devastator%20Prototype%20Close%20Up%20Photos%2001__scaled_800.jpg

He's so big and stupid and at least 2 parts of him are going to be leader class...

• Options
    see317 wrote: »

I always figured he was that size because that's how big the form of the destructor is. (Otherwise why wasn't he twice as tall.)

Could be. Ghostbusters wasn't really clear about what limitations the destructor had.
    I assumed that the thought was "Staypuft marshmallow man the size of a building", or maybe just "Giant marshmallow man", but still that would be relative to the human who gave him the form.
    If that's correct, the corresponding Transformer destructor would be scaled up, and since Transformers have the idea of "Hey, our giants are literally miles tall" a giant for them would be similarly scaled, but would presumably not be a marshmallow man.

I don't care how it happens. I don't care what leaps of logic and head canon and actual canon have to be made. I don't care how much the fandom's knickers get twisted in the process.
    I just want to see Metroplex, Trypticon and an appropriately scaled Staypuft duke it out for the sake of Cybertron (and, maybe, Earth... if they have to include it).

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Ray never said he thought of a giant marshmallow man just a marshmallow man. Like if Peter actually had thought of J Edgar Hoover, I'd assume a giant J Edgar Hoover would have then appeared, rather than a normal sized one.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Oh man, crazy thought...
    Someone thinks of Unicron.
    Wouldn't be the first time that trick was used.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    I don't know why i thought of this but didn't know where else to ask;

But with how the 1986 Transformers movie started - with the Depictions conquering Cybertron and the Autobots being stuck on the moon and in Autobot city - was there ever any media that explained how that happened? Like, any comics or anything showing how the Autobots lost and relocated?

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    I think the Dreamwave G1 comics were trying in head into that direction, but then decided to just be thier own universe. (Example, Sparkplug dies offscreen to explain why he's not around in 2005).

Later they had Shockwave and Ultra Magnus with joint control over Cybertron and Shockwave instituting mind control campaigns to retroactively make him the mastermind behind everything and blah blah blah.

• Options
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    I don't know why i thought of this but didn't know where else to ask;

But with how the 1986 Transformers movie started - with the Depictions conquering Cybertron and the Autobots being stuck on the moon and in Autobot city - was there ever any media that explained how that happened? Like, any comics or anything showing how the Autobots lost and relocated?

Shockwave was established as being in control of Cybertron for most of the series so its assumed the decepticons losing ground on earth decided to fortify their control there

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    The whole mission statement for the earthbound Decepticons was to gather Energon for conquering Cybertron. And while the Autobots stopped a lot of their bigger plans, you'll notice they still got away with a lot, and presumably used that to fuel their campaign and drive the Autobots away.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Hey folks who follow the IDW comics, is this a good bundle?

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/transformers-2019-idw-books

It seems like a lot of things, does it start at the beginning pretty well?

• Options
    IDW's TF titles I think didn't really turn the corner until All Hail Megatron. I think between that and the first Wreckers mini-series is where it started to get really good. Between the two major titles that came out of all that, More Then Meets The Eye (which later became Lost Light) was the real standout seeing as it was about a collection of TFs on a ship exploring while also on a quest to find an important group of ancient TFs. Not that Robots In Disguise was bad, mind you.

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVZ6W5EQ9cw
    Lost it when Optimus transformed into the enemy

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    Been a while since I did that...

I saw a bunch of Prowl and Chromia on the shelf, which was fine.. but wasn't really what I was looking for in wave 2 just yet. But up above were 3 boxes of GEN Deluxe. One was open. So... I checked...

Sixgun and Ironhide get!

Also I was able to see Studio Series Jetfire in the flesh.

On one hand... It's an SR-71 Blackbird and combines into a backpack for Optimus Prime.

On the other hand, god DAMN is that face ugly.

*Sigh* I had to pass.

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Bay gets money for those designs being used. Not the designers. Just him. Never buy movie merch

King Riptor on
  • Options
    Yeaaah.

Today I got my first chance to see part of Movie Devastator, the pogo guy. I am NOT a fan of that color of red they used with him.

While the idea of having that particular Devastator is cool.. again, it's bayverse. And it's going to end up being 8+ molds!

• Options
    Anyone here have experience with Perfect Effect's standalone molds?

They just unveiled their color prototype for their Optimus Prime / Jetfire homage.

https://news.tfw2005.com/2019/05/04/perfect-effect-pe-dx-10-jetpower-revive-commander-color-prototype-387822

I know I can get Jetfire and Optimus prime for cheaper in the studio series, but good lord does that look slick.