As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV] Job Action trailer out now. So shiny!

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Elezen
    That said you also don't need immediate access to them for the most part, aside from being able to use Sam/Rdm/Blu

• Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    Yeah, I preordered the new expansion after playing for two weeks and I dont think I'll run out of stuff to do before that comes out.

I am kind of dreading the explosion of content I'm gonna get when that drops though. Probably gonna be a bit overwhelming at first with all the expansions unlocking at once like that.

Finally got lancer to 30 and unlocked Dragoon though, so that's exciting. Also got WHM to 40, which is fun.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    I forgot how cool the class armor looked.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Hyur
    Javen wrote: »
    I forgot how cool the class armor looked.

As a SCH main... it doesn't. It really doesn't. SCH has by far the worst class sets.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    The level 60 Scholar set is bad, but like, in a pretty endearing way. And the gloves are fun for glamours.

The other two blow for real though.

My poor SCH retainer is wearing the lvl70 one. Feel bad every time I summon him.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Roegadyn
    Do Samurai get that Auron looking armor I’ve seen in Stormblood trailers?

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Do Samurai get that Auron looking armor I’ve seen in Stormblood trailers?

Yes, It's tied to Eureka, an Endgame area.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Larlar
    yeah I think that outfit is the moral equivalent of the level 50 job armor sets for the ARR jobs

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    The level 50 Bard set is Good, Actually

• Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Hyur
    I have no intention of ever taking my blue dragoon armor off, even after I'm a gunbreaker. Don't ask me how I'll make that work, I will.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Larlar
    Is there an SE++ free company?

There's one that's part PA and more not PA people, if you're on Sargatanas.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Nevermind.

Kreutz on
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    I've haven't been online as much lately, but I'm in Ghost and hadn't heard that. We were close to the member cap so we might have hit that, though.

Though I do think someone in the Steam thread mentioned something about their being other PA guilds and I was going to try and look into that since I'd rather play with more PA people if that's an option. I'd have to add a few people to my friends list from Ghost though as I liked playing with them. I'm also really fond of the room I designed in the guild house so I'll have to figure out what to do about that.

I also let someone borrow 8 million gil last year so they could buy a medium-sized house, but completely forgot who. Not sure I'll be getting that back.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    so tokyo fan fest is happening in just over a week

fingers crossed for male viera

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Larlar
    So... Alphascape 3.0 and 4.0 are bonkers, and super fun. Little stressful healing I have to say.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Elezen
    I feel like Male Viera is almost a given

I'll be shocked if they aren't included

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Au Ra
    what if the squall gun was hinting at lion people because maybe he's a lion

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Hyur
    what if the squall gun was hinting at lion people because maybe he's a lion

What about hippo-men?

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Hyur
    So... Alphascape 3.0 and 4.0 are bonkers, and super fun. Little stressful healing I have to say.

I super hated 3.0 but I'm gonna see how 4 goes. mostly I hated that I couldn't tell at first what was omega's ass and what was it's face

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Larlar
    4 is fun, and you should have no issues telling butt from face. The cutscenes are good too.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Hyur
    just did 4! I was mostly dead for the back quarter of it cause of not reading meteor right and also a poorly timed rez, but it wasn't nearly as bad as 3

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    Personally, I think I'd enjoy 3.0 a lot more if I bothered to learn the difference between Starboard and Larboard.

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Larlar
    Yeah 4 is absolutely less of a pain than 3 and starts with the fact that you aren’t trying to figure which way it’s facing to avoid the subsequent larboard and starboard fun.

• Options
    Hyur
    4.0 is a much easier fight than 3.0. I wish those were outfits you could get though.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Roegadyn
    MrGrimoire wrote: »
    Personally, I think I'd enjoy 3.0 a lot more if I bothered to learn the difference between Starboard and Larboard.

Mustadio in the last 24 has the exact same mechanic but they just named them left and right handguns and the number of people that get hit by them is SO MUCH LESS.

Fucking, larboard my ass.
    Polaritie wrote: »
    4.0 is a much easier fight than 3.0. I wish those were outfits you could get though.

The gear you get with the omega parts is essentially that. I think the female caster set and male tanking sets are the exact matches, but they're all very similar.

turtleant on
    X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Hyur
    turtleant wrote: »

Mustadio in the last 24 has the exact same mechanic but they just named them left and right handguns and the number of people that get hit by them is SO MUCH LESS.

Polaritie wrote: »

The gear you get with the omega parts is essentially that. I think the female caster set and male tanking sets are the exact matches, but they're all very similar.

No, female casting set isn't it. Definitely draws on it, but also different.

Polaritie on
  • Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    turtleant wrote: »

I just did that raid for this week and I wish I could say I didn't get hit by those...

but I got hit by those. To be fair to myself, I'm trying to practice more optimized BLM rotations and openings, which means I'm paying less attention to the boss. And that has some unfortunate consequences in a raid...

• Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Starboard/Larboard is particularly mean to ranged players, especially casters

As Summoner I eventually just stood basically inside him the whole fight just so I could avoid that move

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Hyur
    An important lesson to learn as a ranged character is that just because you can be far away doesn't mean it's a good idea

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    It's more fun to be far away is the thing

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    Roegadyn
    It's like

1 Lots of people probably don't remember which way is starboard
    2 Fucking nobody knows what the hell larboard is
    3 Both words rhyme and are spelled almost the same so it's hard to parse at a glance
    4 He spins in between so they reverse which way

Really just a clusterfuck of a mechanic. Anyone who throws shade at people for messing that up is a jack ass.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    An important lesson to learn as a ranged character is that just because you can be far away doesn't mean it's a good idea

Please just let me use Cure 3 on the whole group

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Larlar
    I intentionally rolled a ranged character so I wouldn't be constantly awash in a sea of special effects

if I wanted to be up a monster's butt, I have a LOT of other choices to go with

it's pretty annoying when boss mechanics decide that I'm basically melee class!

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Au Ra
    sometimes a new tank thinks your ground effect as a healer is a bad thing and you're like no

stop

i spent mana on that

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Roegadyn
    I must say, the community has surprised me so far

It's...not WoW.

And I mean that in the best possible way.

• Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    I always enjoy the excitement people have over new players joining a raid/instance. I've seen some pretty funny ascii macros.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Au Ra
    Caedwyr wrote: »
    I always enjoy the excitement people have over new players joining a raid/instance. I've seen some pretty funny ascii macros.

Getting those sweet sweet newbie bonuses

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Larlar
    I keep getting surprised when I see zone chat pop and it's strictly about some hunt mob spawning or whatever

no hot political takes, no shitty language

my blacklist for this game is amazing sparse

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Roegadyn
    I uhh

I just started doing the Hildabrand quests...

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    I uhh

I just started doing the Hildabrand quests...

Yeah I did the first arc of it before my sub ran out. Hildibrand and Nashu are just cartoon characters and it's such a weird departure from the rest of that game that it works great.

This discussion has been closed.