As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40K] We are that guy. He is us.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    I'm chomping at the bit for Vigilus Ablaze. I just want to see the Death Guard formation that hopefully makes Plague Marines a bit more competitive.

Looking back at 6th edition Chaos, it's crazy how much worse Plague Marines got vs how much better Rubrics have gotten in 8th edition.

neither plague or rubric marines are really competitive, but plague marines are totally fine

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    I'm chomping at the bit for Vigilus Ablaze. I just want to see the Death Guard formation that hopefully makes Plague Marines a bit more competitive.

Looking back at 6th edition Chaos, it's crazy how much worse Plague Marines got vs how much better Rubrics have gotten in 8th edition.

neither plague or rubric marines are really competitive, but plague marines are totally fine

I mean they aren't the baseline best CSM unit like they were in ages past. But plagues are actually pretty tough. Have some decent loadouts. Work well in smu. And look fantastic.

I mean right now it is a horde meta anyway which is why cultist/poxwalkers/plaguebearers are all superior choices. You can just cover more ground and they are less susceptible to Castellan fire. But bringing a couple smu of plagues with plague launchers or a specialized close combat group isn't terrible.

And then you have Blightlord termis that are straight up beasts. In fact they are good enough to get in some top lists.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Plague Marines are pretty good in Kill Team. Actual, MEQ in general are in a much better spot in KT, than they are in 8th edition.

• Options
    Plague Marines are pretty good in Kill Team. Actual, MEQ in general are in a much better spot in KT, than they are in 8th edition.

death guard are one of the top 3 teams in KT

but yeah, 8th is not really kind to MEQs except for deathwatch thanks to the new bolter rules

• Options

but yeah, 8th is not really kind to MEQs except for deathwatch thanks to the new bolter rules

Deathwatch were good before the bolter drill rules. They didn't hurt though.

Problem is tac/normal csm are just so expensive for such terrible load outs and just get countered by everyone.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    Deathwatch can also take storm shields much more readily which really helps.

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    storm shields for everyoooone

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Odd I got the Necromunda Ambull kit and even though the spures are the same it has you build the two different models not showing anything else

• Options
    KetBra wrote: »
    storm shields for everyoooone

Never forget who got the decent ones
    o2h774bjxy2y.png

And the heady days when the Black Templars assault troops could take 3 power weapons and stromsheilds for the whole squad

• Options
    Too bad Black Templars are DUMB. Also no psykers and I love me some librarians.

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Going against Astra Militarum / Grey Knights today....with my Death Guard.

I am expecting a battle report where I report an Imperial victory. If I fail, I blame Mazzyx for getting me interested in Possessed ( :d ).

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Point costs from shadowspear in case anyone hasn't seen them confirmed

https://imgur.com/gallery/Ag1QS4A

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    Going against Astra Militarum / Grey Knights today....with my Death Guard.

I am expecting a battle report where I report an Imperial victory. If I fail, I blame Mazzyx for getting me interested in Possessed ( :d ).

Grey knights are very bad

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Grey knights are very bad
    They are. And I have no idea what he's bringing.

But huge damage smites versus my Daemon Engines and a potential Vigilus artillery detachment hurts. A lot.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    He has to get close to your daemon engines first!

• Options

Verse chaos that ain't hard. You want to be in his face anyway.

Grey Knights only feel not terrible verse daemons and daemon heavy chaos. 3 damage smites hurt.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Grey Knights only feel not terrible verse daemons and daemon heavy chaos. 3 damage smites hurt.

Ironically they are super terrible against straight demons because of that one demon strategem.

• Options
    Norgoth wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »

Ironically they are super terrible against straight demons because of that one demon strategem.

Oh yeah, infinite daemons. Lol.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Shadowspear marines GET!!!

cqTeUJE.jpg

Now to try to figure out how all this crap works together. Which I am bad at.

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    So I'm asking if anyone wants to trade the Space Marine half of their Shadowspear for my Chaos half in my LGS facebook group. No luck so far. One person inquires, asks if I want the Space Marines, I confirm I do. He then offers to buy the Chaos instead. I say I'd rather trade and he tells me the Space Marine side is trash.

What a weird thing to do.

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    So I'm asking if anyone wants to trade the Space Marine half of their Shadowspear for my Chaos half in my LGS facebook group. No luck so far. One person inquires, asks if I want the Space Marines, I confirm I do. He then offers to buy the Chaos instead. I say I'd rather trade and he tells me the Space Marine side is trash.

What a weird thing to do.

Unsolicited 'I'm smarter than you' commentary is pretty much par for the course when dealing with dudes on the internet.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Ok, I've finally got all the models for the first 1000 points of Deathwatch. First 25% are fully assembled and painted, about 80% are assembled.

Things are coming together!

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    I am a little bummed out at how difficult it is proving to find someone to trade the Chaos side of Shadowspear for the Space Marine side.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    That’s odd, because this is one of the first sets I’ve seen where both sides are pretty great.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Just about everyone in my area wants the Space Marine half, I don't think there are any serious Chaos players. One guy is starting an army with the new box though.

• Options

And I guarantee you there isn't a single Plague Marine in that list. Its demon engines, the heralds that boost the demon engines, spoilpox scrivener, and plaguebearers.

• Options
    italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    Would normalized CP make MEQ troops/armies better?

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options

And I guarantee you there isn't a single Plague Marine in that list. Its demon engines, the heralds that boost the demon engines, spoilpox scrivener, and plaguebearers.

Kill team
    The AP change is what hurt MEQs the most. That combined with the fact there is just no way to kill hordes fast enough compared to MEQs

• Options

Kill team
    The AP change is what hurt MEQs the most. That combined with the fact there is just no way to kill hordes fast enough compared to MEQs

WHOOPS! Sorry friend, should have read more closely!

I agree on the ap changes hitting MEQ harder. I do still think Tac equivalents are still too expensive. Intercessors are about where they need to be.

• Options
    Badablack wrote: »
    That’s odd, because this is one of the first sets I’ve seen where both sides are pretty great.

Yea, both seem solid. I'm feeling like I may have goofed in not just selling to the dude who said the Space Marine half is trash.
    Just about everyone in my area wants the Space Marine half, I don't think there are any serious Chaos players. One guy is starting an army with the new box though.

That might be the issue I'm running into. There might not be many Chaos players.

• Options
    Really just wait and see in a month or so the people who piece it out the price will come down so you could get the bundle or certian units for cheap

• Options
    Anyone know how to post to a facebook pages community page? I'm trying to ask at another game store if someone wants to trade but I can't figure out how to make a post.

• Options
    If my math isn't off, all the marines in Shadowspear come to 723 points. Can anyone check that for me?

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    Anyone know how to post to a facebook pages community page? I'm trying to ask at another game store if someone wants to trade but I can't figure out how to make a post.

You might need to be a member of that page in order to post on it, if you aren't already. On Facebook, I'd recommend checking out The Barter Bucket. Shadowspear trading is pretty busy right now.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Do I need more than one set of Shadowspear Marines? Only thing I think I might want more of would be the snipers.

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    Do I need more than one set of Shadowspear Marines? Only thing I think I might want more of would be the snipers.

I am tempted to get them twice over the whole set for my black templars and basic ones and snipers with the librarian for my kill team if I can take them...

• Options
    Black Templars don't get the psyker but should get everything else

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options

I know that but my kill team is of a different chapter I made up

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »

I know that but my kill team is of a different chapter I made up

That and Kill teams don't get chapter specific rules anyhow.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    I thought they walked back the Templars' fiction to be okay with Imperium psykers as a 'necessary evil'? Does that not include Librarians?

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
This discussion has been closed.