As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV] Job Action trailer out now. So shiny!

• Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    Hyur
    the hildibrand quests are stupid as fuck

and i love them

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Larlar
    All the nice things I've seen people say about the Hilde quests in the past have thus far seemed incredibly justified

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Au Ra
    hildibrand is great because it's literally the animators attempting to push the boundaries of what they can show in cutscenes, and if it winds up looking like janky garbage they can just go "it's cool this is the comedy quest"

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Larlar
    the facial animations in the cutscenes look halfway to garry's mod nightmare shit and it's great

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    I must say, the community has surprised me so far

It's...not WoW.

And I mean that in the best possible way.

My second dungeon, I admitted that I was new to the game, but my tanking was pretty solid, and the healer was really nice. Told me how to tank the blob boss, and complimented me every time I did it correctly. So, she got my commendation.

I have no idea what commendations do, but now I have a whole stack of them.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    You get stuff for Commends. Like a pet and a few mounts.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    Roegadyn
    the facial animations in the cutscenes look halfway to garry's mod nightmare shit and it's great

I adore the Hildy questlines

I even did the Inspector guy spin-off in Foundation, you get his cool glasses and a glam robe from them

when I got married in-game, my... partner? and I dressed up like Hildibrand and Nashu

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Au Ra
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »

It's...not WoW.

My second dungeon, I admitted that I was new to the game, but my tanking was pretty solid, and the healer was really nice. Told me how to tank the blob boss, and complimented me every time I did it correctly. So, she got my commendation.

that blob boss is wild because there is basically no "puzzle boss" like it again in leveling dungeons ever

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    Au Ra
    The 1,500-commendation achievement robe is pretty regal.
    jl9ZP0y.jpg

I don't have the 3,000-commendation mount yet, just under 200 away there, but it's similarly regal.
    u67HI0c.jpg

• Options
    AdusAdus Registered User regular
    Hyur
    that's the most regal fucking mount i've ever seen

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    The Hildebrand quests are just really funny to think about in context of the greater narrative. Y'shtola or someone out investigating Ascians wondering what the WoL is up to, while you're just running around with this dipshit doing weird dances.

It also makes it incredibly jarring whenever Godbrand happens to wander into the main plot from time to time.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    You get stuff for Commends. Like a pet and a few mounts.

The early commend outfit just makes you look like the pope.

Which considering you likely earnt them all healing is apt.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Hyur

It's...not WoW.

that blob boss is wild because there is basically no "puzzle boss" like it again in leveling dungeons ever

Closest I can think of is the second boss of the 65 dungeon.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Polaritie wrote: »

It's...not WoW.

Closest I can think of is the second boss of the 65 dungeon.

most of what's going on in halatali hard counts, I think, but that's a level 50

• Options
    Au Ra
    I've been inspired to go back and level a Roegadyn rogue. Feels like she's always running in slow motion just due to the size.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    turtleant wrote: »
    It's like

1 Lots of people probably don't remember which way is starboard
    2 Fucking nobody knows what the hell larboard is
    3 Both words rhyme and are spelled almost the same so it's hard to parse at a glance
    4 He spins in between so they reverse which way

Really just a clusterfuck of a mechanic. Anyone who throws shade at people for messing that up is a jack ass.

AND ON TOP of all that, in the split second you have to decide where to move cuz that cast is quick as fuck, you gota figure out "Jesus, what part of this fucking robo-spider am I even looking at right now?"

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Hyur
    SabreMau wrote: »
    I've been inspired to go back and level a Roegadyn rogue. Feels like she's always running in slow motion just due to the size.

You have far more strength than me, I couldn't imagine starting an alt

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    When I logged back in after the long hiatus I had a free character appearance change

What are the chances I’d be able to use this to race change to viera once they become available? Or will those be locked out for a time

• Options
    Care Free BombCare Free Bomb Registered User regular
    Roegadyn

I made a small Lalafell alt just for fun after exclusively playing Roegadyn and I felt like a fucking bullet

8saxds2jkfoy.png
    3DS: 2019-9671-8106 NNID: RamblinMushroom
    Twitter/Tumblr
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Larlar
    I changed to lalafell right before I started learning DRK

and she actually looks perfectly suited to the role

it's probably my favorite class I've tried in terms of story and play

I'm looking at MCH and any other class with a huge fucking rotation, in comparison, and making a sour face

hoping Shadowbringers makes MCH fun, for me

because right now I'm there entirely for aesthetic

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    When I logged back in after the long hiatus I had a free character appearance change

What are the chances I’d be able to use this to race change to viera once they become available? Or will those be locked out for a time

You'll have to have ShBr bought and installed but otherwise I would assume they'll be available as soon as the xpac is up.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    As a new player, should I focus on one class? Or switch up? I'm rather far ahead of the main story, in comparison to my class, and I've barely done any sidequests.

And what's with these creepy white haired twins following me around? I keep seeing them in the background of cut scenes, and now they finally talked to me during a memorial service.

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Larlar
    As a new player, should I focus on one class? Or switch up? I'm rather far ahead of the main story, in comparison to my class, and I've barely done any sidequests.

And what's with these creepy white haired twins following me around? I keep seeing them in the background of cut scenes, and now they finally talked to me during a memorial service.

depends on how fast you wanna blast through the main story

if you want to do it as fast as possible? focus on one class/job

if you want to take your time, learn how to dungeon well, and experiment a lot? switch up to your heart's desire

and those twins ain't creepy

they're actually super cool!

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    the twins are great

and stick to one thing or switch it up as much as you'd like

technically there's a bonus to how fast other classes level once you get at least one to cap, but you don't need to be optimal or whatever to have a good time

• Options
    hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    I've been doing every sidequests I find, so whenever I'm significantly ahead of the msq I switch to lower level job closer to the story level, level that for a while, rinse and repeat.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Au Ra
    Mysst wrote: »

You have far more strength than me, I couldn't imagine starting an alt

I've actually got eight characters across four servers. The Roegadyn was one of the initial four I made way back in 2014 before I realized that you didn't need to make alts to play different classes, but I kept them anyway. Leveled up from around 7 to 24 just overnight.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Au Ra
    I know someone who makes alts in just about every game they play, FFXIV included, simply because that's what they find enjoyment in doing

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Hyur
    When do we expect the benchmark thingy anyways, assuming they do one? I want to play with viera in character creation :rotate:.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    Roegadyn
    I was thinking about making a purely Pugilist alt

but I'll just level Pugilist, I don't think I have another MSQ in me

• Options
    Au Ra
    The second MSQ and beyond gets easier once you already know what's happening and can lean on the Skip Cutscene button.

• Options
    Roegadyn
    I just discovered you can set it to auto skip previously seen cutscenes

which shaves precious seconds off my dungeon runs :V

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    And 70 DRK. That's Tank/Healer/DPS at 70 (WHM and BLM) Now what to do now until SHB comes out...
    kxCdWLD.jpg

Glam:
    Weapon: Deathbringer
    Head: Demon Horns (Mog Station)
    Body: Hellfire Armour of Fending (Jet Black)
    Hands: Demon Gloves (Mog Station)
    Legs: Plain Long Skirt (Jet Black)
    Feet: Hellfire Sabatons of fending (Jet Black)

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    The true end-game: Jet-blacking everything. That's a cool glam.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Au Ra
    My glamour in Heavensward was shiny metallic green DRG armor.

I am not to be trusted with color customization in anything.

• Options
    simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    Au Ra
    Having leveled whm to 70 and leveling sch now has given me a new found respect for healers

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    If I have a gripe with this game so far, it's the limitations on the things you can queue for on the duty finder, and the number of quests you can track at one time. 5 quests seems too few, and only being able to queue for one daily roulette at a time is a bit of a bummer

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Guess who just hit level 15

that's right it's me, Mikkelsen Picklesen

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Guess who just hit level 15

that's right it's me, Mikkelsen Picklesen
    Absolute mad lad.

sig.gif
This discussion has been closed.