As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Anthem] Death from Above ! and Sideways ! sometimes even from Below !

• Who-PsydWho-Psyd Registered User regular
    Phoenix138 wrote: »
    So far the new drop rates feel terrific.

GM2 definitely is more worth doing now, not sure it is "there" yet but a great improvement especially for killing the big boys.

• SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    Who-Psyd wrote: »

GM2 definitely is more worth doing now, not sure it is "there" yet but a great improvement especially for killing the big boys.

Has it really changed at all? I did 4 GM2 missions tonight and got 7 MW, 6 of which were guaranteed....

• soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    I can tell you the 2 per GM2 contract was NOT guaranteed.

• NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    I got my first legendary on a gm1 contract- a rolling carnage shotgun with 250% damage. Before that, I could only just barely do gm1, so I mostly focused on objectives while others killed... but that thing seems to 2-3 shot just about anything so far. It’s a world of difference.

It’s kind of a shame because I like these games for the mix of gunplay and skills, but the gun is so powerful that now my skills feel useless. Still feels good on interceptor though, with the acid grenade and dashing all over the place.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
    Yeah, the downside of gear with great rolls is you kind of rely on that gear until you get great rolls on some other abilities/guns.

• spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Simpsonia wrote: »

Has it really changed at all? I did 4 GM2 missions tonight and got 7 MW, 6 of which were guaranteed....

Idk idk

I did one Scar Temple on GM1 and got 5 masterworks and my first two legendaries.

So that seems better!

Also I kinda like the thing where you have to mix up your loadout to account for some new badass gear you don't usually use.

• AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    i dunno i’m tired of grinding games

i just want to shoot mans and have fun

is it maybe the case this horribly broken game is the one for me

one where the gear is made up and the points don’t matter?

I love this game as well but it feels like I'm on a sisyphean quest to feel powerful in the game and hiding all the stats and scaling shit as it is doesn't scratch that itch.

It literally feels the same to play at level 1 as level 30 with a couple legendary's and that's broken.

• MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    I guess this was a premade group...

ujqorhh78cpv.jpg

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
    Super fun to join the heart of rage right at the monitor and have literally everyone join and leave for 20 straight minutes.
    Working great.

If they fix bugged out strongholds they absolutely should lock people who do this.
    You can't join any missions for 20 minutes every time you bail

I agree in a world where missions don't bug out frequently. I'd rather not get punished for bailing on a bugged mission though, and I'm not sure they can code for "left a bugged mission" at this point.

Yeah, it's just really frustrating to play for half an hour and have to give up and get nothing.
    I think I just need to put this on the shelf for a couple weeks and come back when they've had time to chip away at this stuff.

• Big DookieBig Dookie Smells great! Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    Aridhol wrote: »
    Yeah, it's just really frustrating to play for half an hour and have to give up and get nothing.
    I think I just need to put this on the shelf for a couple weeks and come back when they've had time to chip away at this stuff.

This is basically what I'm doing. Although replace "weeks" with "months."

I'm having a blast with The Division 2 though, so I feel good that it'll scratch my looter shooter itch until Anthem is ready for me to jump back in.

Steam | Twitch
    Oculus: TheBigDookie | XBL: Dook | NNID: BigDookie
    edited March 2019
    Aridhol wrote: »

This is basically what I'm doing at this point. Still like the game, but have put a bunch of time in and am content to wait a bit for some improvements. Although I will definitely be coming back for more story, or wheneer I have the itch to put on some power armor.

soylenth on
  • evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »

Idk idk

I did one Scar Temple on GM1 and got 5 masterworks and my first two legendaries.

So that seems better!

Two things.

1) congratulations on getting some insane luck on a difficulty for which drop rate wasn't changed on a stronghold that contains no enemies for which drop rates were changed.

2) you getting lucky to an extent that others aren't does nothing to improve their enjoyment of the game.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    evilbob wrote: »

Idk idk

So that seems better!

Two things.

1) congratulations on getting some insane luck on a difficulty for which drop rate wasn't changed on a stronghold that contains no enemies for which drop rates were changed.

2) you getting lucky to an extent that others aren't does nothing to improve their enjoyment of the game.

Yeah they only changed GM1 and 2. You just got really lucky. Or they fucked up the drop rates again. At this point could be either.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    They should just make it so that when people have to drop out the game submits a bug report or something so that when people start submitting the same thing over and over again the team might be able to just go "well wait, no this guy is just abusing the system. Time to lock him out of it"

edited March 2019
    What they should be doing is blocking stronghold instances that far in from having people who select stronghold joining. Leave the only boss left stuff for quickplay stronghold people. (This will also increase number of strongholds available in the quickplay that aren't there because they're bugged.

edit: Because isn't what the quickplay option is there for? joining partially completed stuff? why does the other option just do the same thing?

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    I think I figured it out. Contracts are ME3MP game length/structure. 3 objectives or so, kill waves, etc. No wonder I like this loop so much.

Also Spark Dash desperately needs a shield-refill mechanic, because we all know what that wants to be.

edited March 2019
    dporowski wrote: »
    I think I figured it out. Contracts are ME3MP game length/structure. 3 objectives or so, kill waves, etc. No wonder I like this loop so much.

Also Spark Dash desperately needs a shield-refill mechanic, because we all know what that wants to be.

Just use the component that refills armour on melee kill. It's health not shields, and doesn't trigger from just using the charge, but it encourages aggressive close quarters play in the same way charge does on ME2+ Vanguard.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »

Combine it with the masterwork primer that refills your life on kill, basically charge in, nail detonating strike, melee. Charge nova all over again.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    I don't know why launching a Stronghold mission even puts you in after the first boss now that Stronghold Quickplay is its own thing again

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • GaryOGaryO Registered User regular
    Got my first legendary killing some random animal because I was bored while flying.
    Its a sniper rifle.
    Ive only played as a colossus, so its an entirely useless weapon, thanks game!

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    performance seems to be worse and worse every week

load times today are interminable, once i actually get to play i constantly have 3-5 second long freezes in the middle of combat

i want to like this game but it makes it really hard to when whether or not i can even play is just an open question

Allegedly a voice of reason.
    Colossus can use sniper though?
    Turambar wrote: »
    I don't know why launching a Stronghold mission even puts you in after the first boss now that Stronghold Quickplay is its own thing again

I think the cutoff should be first chest. Once you're past the first chest matchmaking will only put quickplay queue people in.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

Colossus can use sniper though?
    Turambar wrote: »

I think the cutoff should be first chest. Once you're past the first chest matchmaking will only put quickplay queue people in.

Yeah Colossus can use sniper, but why would I want to? its much more fun to get in peoples faces and punch them after my voltaic dome has electro-frozen them

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Because a decently rolled Truth of Tarsis can hit bosses for 200.000 damage+ on weakpoints.

I used Endless Siege for close/mid/bosses, Truth of Tarsis for long range/bosses/aoe since its the Devastator MW, it also has an area of effect explosion on impact.

Sirialis on
  • Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    Uhhhhh I must be doing it wrong because I often use a sniper rifle with my colossus in melee range.

Cobalt60 wrote: »
    Uhhhhh I must be doing it wrong because I often use a sniper rifle with my colossus in melee range.

Not wrong just different. Colossus absolutely can be played as a long range bombardier type while snipering away.
    I prefer to run up and combo-punch, different playstyles for different people.

I don't have a Truth of Tarsis sniper rifle so can't comment on that, just the other two and so far Wyverns Blitz does 25000ish damage to a weakspot, and the Death From Above (fires in a 3-burst shot) does about 6000ish per bullet to a weakspot. And thats only if I hit the weakspot. Meanwhile my punch does about the same, only to everyone within 10 meters of me, not to mention because of Voltaic Dome all those people are frozen first and then the punch combos them for massive damage. Groups of people just to this melt (this is on GM2 btw)
    So for me trying to use Sniper rifles on a colossus is futile because not only is punching much efficient at taking people down, its also way more fun.

Idk idk

So that seems better!

Two things.

They did change drop rates for Legendary and Elite in GM1.

Also killing all the mobs rather than skipping some seems to help a lot - how to communicate that to the speedrunners skipping everything they can is a mystery to me.

• furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular

Idk idk

So that seems better!

Two things.

Also killing all the mobs rather than skipping some seems to help a lot - how to communicate that to the speedrunners skipping everything they can is a mystery to me.

No just legendary and named enemies. Elites have the same drop rate as do bosses.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion

Idk idk

So that seems better!

Two things.

Here is the news post.
    In the latest server-side update, we’ve made some notable changes to the loot drop rate in specific scenarios, which will take effect immediately in a server-side tuning update (you will not need to download anything.)

These changes include:

Masterwork & Legendary drop rates have been increased for Grandmaster 2 and Grandmaster 3 difficulty levels.
    Masterwork & Legendary drop rates have been increased for harder enemies at all difficulty levels. This includes: Legendary Ancient Ash Titan, Elite Ancient Ash Titan, Legendary Fury, Legendary Ursix and Legendary Luminary.

It's specific enemy types that it got boosted for.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

Idk idk

So that seems better!

Two things.

Here is the news post.
    In the latest server-side update, we’ve made some notable changes to the loot drop rate in specific scenarios, which will take effect immediately in a server-side tuning update (you will not need to download anything.)

These changes include:

Masterwork & Legendary drop rates have been increased for Grandmaster 2 and Grandmaster 3 difficulty levels.
    Masterwork & Legendary drop rates have been increased for harder enemies at all difficulty levels. This includes: Legendary Ancient Ash Titan, Elite Ancient Ash Titan, Legendary Fury, Legendary Ursix and Legendary Luminary.

Hmm, interesting. I took "includes" to mean it wasn't an exhaustive list... you're thinking it's not, and those are the only things that drop better loot in the rest of the difficulty levels?

• Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    so i've been working on the gear achievements for each Javelin, use it as a chance to get some time in with each and get a proper feel for them, but the game just does not want to give me the last pieces of gear for my Interceptor or Colossus. still got one gear piece to go on the Interceptor and two on the Colossus. am getting drops, just not the right ones its seems.

on another note, my hat definitely goes off to anyone who has mastered the Colossus cause that fucker is just not clicking for me. i get how its supposed to be used, i can see all the pieces and how they work, but its just not gelling on my end. finally getting a decent feel for the Interceptor though. really liking that. think Storm is still gonna be my main but will feel more comfortable switching up in future if i want a change of pace.

Idk idk

So that seems better!

Two things.

Here is the news post.

These changes include:

Hmm, interesting. I took "includes" to mean it wasn't an exhaustive list... you're thinking it's not, and those are the only things that drop better loot in the rest of the difficulty levels?

It reads as specifying the otherwise unclear "harder enemies".

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

Also, @Belasco32 is suddenly having really, really terrible fps drops in game. Without changing anything, suddenly hers is basically unplayable with 1-2s total freezes even just flying around, and stuttering so bad she can't fly through tunnels without bashing into everything. Combat is effectively impossible.

Any idea what to do? We haven't changed anything and mine is still fine!

2 and a half hours of play so far tonight. Did all three Legendary contracts on GM2. 2 bare minimum, 1 had three extra MW drop. Freeplay infinite load bugs every single time I try to enter it. Even the old demo weekend trick of force quit, rejoin session does not work. Tried a Heart of Rage. It was of course just the boss because fuck this fucking shit.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    yeah just the last piece of Interceptor gear i need! YAY!!

Bel loads up AssCreed Odyssey, of course it runs like greased lightning. We're completely baffled. It worked fine 3 days ago, now it's unplayable, nothing's changed on our end, my rig is fine with the same hardware, wtf.

• Belasco32Belasco32 Registered User regular
    It worked fine day before yesterday :(

Just so y'all know I'm running an (older) i7, Nvidia 1080 Founders, with 16G of (I think) DDR 5 RAM

The only thing I can think is that the SSD it's running off of only has 30G of space left on it....