As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Best Pin At PAX South 2019: Margarita Quest III

HingoHingo Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
edited January 2019 in Pinny Arcade
This was the art submitted to the manufacturer.
rlmwthkthwwe.jpg
Isn't it gorgeous? Same rules as last year, consume 4 different items from 4 different locations on the list, tweet a photo to https://twitter.com/PP_AfterDark using "#MargaritaQuest", then find me at community trading events to get your free pin!

The List:
1) Iron Cactus
2) Barriba Cantina
3) Acenar
4) Maria Mia
5) The Original
6) Azuca
7) Bar America
8) Mad Dogs
9) La Panaderia Bakery Cafe

NOTE: Just assume happy hours are in the bar area only. If you want to know for sure, ask at the restaurant. Cheers!

1) Iron Cactus, 200 River Walk St #100, San Antonio, TX 78205 - the old reliable. Happy hour 3pm-6pm M-F. Snag yourself a house margarita on the rocks (or blended, if you want to ruin a good margarita, I suppose). This place is great for individuals at the bar, or large groups for some of the bigger tables, inside or outside. I highly recommend bringing some friends and getting some tableside guac. https://goo.gl/maps/ZRLqTd8A8yr

2) Barriba Cantina, 111 W Crockett St #214, San Antonio, TX 78205 - home of the El Jefe Grande. Happy hour 3pm-6pm M-F, although I don't know if that actually applies to any margaritas. Get some chips and salsa to share, and grab one of their Grande (28oz) margaritas as well. My personal favorite is the El Jefe Grande. This one you're allowed to share with a friend if you want, just make sure you both snag pics for the tweet! Or, just finish it yourself. Yeah, I'm talkin to you, @TheAggroCraig.

3) Acenar, 146 E Houston St, San Antonio, TX 78205 - 7 days of happy hour! 3-6pm every day for happy hour. House margarita, all the way. Unless, of course, you hate yourself and want to ruin a jalapeno infused margarita by adding cucumber. It's your life, you're free to make poor decisions.

4) Maria Mia, 849 E Commerce St, San Antonio, TX 78205 - closest to the convention center. Happy hour 3pm-6pm M-F. They have a Spiderman Margarita. Sure, it's a frozen margarita, but it's nice to see them re-purpose his ashes after the snap.

5) The Original, 528 River Walk St, San Antonio, TX 78205 - only if everything else is closed. Seriously, the food isn't good, and neither are the drinks. Seriously, how do you even mess up chips and salsa? But, if it's 1am on Thursday and you really want to have a sickeningly sweet frozen margarita with a Jarritos fruit punch soda inverted in the glass? Then this is the place for you. Order La Quinceañera, and revel in your disappointment, all 32 ounces of it.

6) Azuca, 709 S Alamo St, San Antonio, TX 78205 - go for the traditional Brazilian cocktail and try a caipirinha. Happy hour 4pm-7pm, 7 days a week. This is a chill little place with a small bar. I recommend bringing a few friends, sitting at the bar, pounding down your drinks in 5 minutes and then heading to the next location. The caipirinhas go down easy if you decide to stay for more than 5 minutes, too. You do you.

7) Bar America, 723 S Alamo St, San Antonio, TX 78205 - A NEW CONTENDER! Happy hour 4pm-8pm T-F, 3pm-7pm Saturday (closed Mondays). Falling distance from Azuca, but this is definitely not Azuca. If you have a hankering for fried pickles, tater tots, and brisket nachos to go with your happy hour margarita, then venture no farther. I've walked past this place the past 3 years, so it's time to give it a shot.

8) Mad Dogs, 123 Losoya St #19, San Antonio, TX 78205 - Yelp reviewers claim a happy hour on Friday? Take that with a grain of salt. You have to get the Union Yard. The promo yard (18oz) is fine. Why the Union Yard? Because this place is trying to be a British pub, with waitstaff wearing pseudo-Scottish garb, serving a frozen blended French flag in a plastic container that is rampant on the streets of Vegas. I usually go here if I still have any self esteem left after going to The Original earlier in the day/week.

9) La Panaderia Bakery Cafe - 301 E Houston St, San Antonio, TX 78205 - ANOTHER NEW CONTENDER! No, they don't have margaritas. But what do they have? Tequila almond croissants. Yes, you can have this and it will count for margarita quest. I couldn't really taste the tequila, but it was a good almond croissant regardless.

These pins are also available for purchase, and members of the community that buy them fully fund this event for all other participants. Contact me on slack if you have any additional questions regarding this.

Edit: #9 added 12JAN2019

Pins for trade!
2015 PAX Prime Omeganaut (I will forever hate Katamari)
Hingo on

• Options
    nomisronomisro Brooklyn, NY, USARegistered User regular
    Sounds like fun. Cant wait!

• Options
    HopieHopie Miss Enforcer TexasRegistered User regular
    Hingo wrote: »
    This was the art submitted to the manufacturer.
    rlmwthkthwwe.jpg
    Isn't it gorgeous? Same rules as last year, consume 4 different items from 4 different locations on the list, tweet a photo to https://twitter.com/PP_AfterDark using "#MargaritaQuest", then find me at community trading events to get your free pin!

The List:
    1) Iron Cactus
    2) Barriba Cantina
    3) Acenar
    4) Maria Mia
    5) The Original
    6) Azuca
    7) Bar America
    8) Mad Dogs
    9) La Panaderia Bakery Cafe

NOTE: Just assume happy hours are in the bar area only. If you want to know for sure, ask at the restaurant. Cheers!

1) Iron Cactus, 200 River Walk St #100, San Antonio, TX 78205 - the old reliable. Happy hour 3pm-6pm M-F. Snag yourself a house margarita on the rocks (or blended, if you want to ruin a good margarita, I suppose). This place is great for individuals at the bar, or large groups for some of the bigger tables, inside or outside. I highly recommend bringing some friends and getting some tableside guac. https://goo.gl/maps/ZRLqTd8A8yr

2) Barriba Cantina, 111 W Crockett St #214, San Antonio, TX 78205 - home of the El Jefe Grande. Happy hour 3pm-6pm M-F, although I don't know if that actually applies to any margaritas. Get some chips and salsa to share, and grab one of their Grande (28oz) margaritas as well. My personal favorite is the El Jefe Grande. This one you're allowed to share with a friend if you want, just make sure you both snag pics for the tweet! Or, just finish it yourself. Yeah, I'm talkin to you, @TheAggroCraig.

3) Acenar, 146 E Houston St, San Antonio, TX 78205 - 7 days of happy hour! 3-6pm every day for happy hour. House margarita, all the way. Unless, of course, you hate yourself and want to ruin a jalapeno infused margarita by adding cucumber. It's your life, you're free to make poor decisions.

4) Maria Mia, 849 E Commerce St, San Antonio, TX 78205 - closest to the convention center. Happy hour 3pm-6pm M-F. They have a Spiderman Margarita. Sure, it's a frozen margarita, but it's nice to see them re-purpose his ashes after the snap.

5) The Original, 528 River Walk St, San Antonio, TX 78205 - only if everything else is closed. Seriously, the food isn't good, and neither are the drinks. Seriously, how do you even mess up chips and salsa? But, if it's 1am on Thursday and you really want to have a sickeningly sweet frozen margarita with a Jarritos fruit punch soda inverted in the glass? Then this is the place for you. Order La Quinceañera, and revel in your disappointment, all 32 ounces of it.

6) Azuca, 709 S Alamo St, San Antonio, TX 78205 - go for the traditional Brazilian cocktail and try a caipirinha. Happy hour 4pm-7pm, 7 days a week. This is a chill little place with a small bar. I recommend bringing a few friends, sitting at the bar, pounding down your drinks in 5 minutes and then heading to the next location. The caipirinhas go down easy if you decide to stay for more than 5 minutes, too. You do you.

7) Bar America, 723 S Alamo St, San Antonio, TX 78205 - A NEW CONTENDER! Happy hour 4pm-8pm T-F, 3pm-7pm Saturday (closed Mondays). Falling distance from Azuca, but this is definitely not Azuca. If you have a hankering for fried pickles, tater tots, and brisket nachos to go with your happy hour margarita, then venture no farther. I've walked past this place the past 3 years, so it's time to give it a shot.

8) Mad Dogs, 123 Losoya St #19, San Antonio, TX 78205 - Yelp reviewers claim a happy hour on Friday? Take that with a grain of salt. You have to get the Union Yard. The promo yard (18oz) is fine. Why the Union Yard? Because this place is trying to be a British pub, with waitstaff wearing pseudo-Scottish garb, serving a frozen blended French flag in a plastic container that is rampant on the streets of Vegas. I usually go here if I still have any self esteem left after going to The Original earlier in the day/week.

9) La Panaderia Bakery Cafe - 301 E Houston St, San Antonio, TX 78205 - ANOTHER NEW CONTENDER! No, they don't have margaritas. But what do they have? Tequila almond croissants. Yes, you can have this and it will count for margarita quest. I couldn't really taste the tequila, but it was a good almond croissant regardless.

These pins are also available for purchase, and members of the community that buy them fully fund this event for all other participants. Contact me on slack if you have any additional questions regarding this.

Edit: #9 added 12JAN2019

What about if we’re an Enforcer?

• Options
    Then you have Thursday, Sunday after PAX, and Monday to get your questing in. Or, if you have morning shifts, that also helps.

Pins for trade!
  • Options
    thx42thx42 SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Here's a map - https://goo.gl/NNLN1a

thx42 on
  • Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    So how'd this go?

Pic of the final pin?

• Options
    @fishfishmonkeyhat it went really well! I decided to try and speed-run it this year, so the low benchmark has been set for 2020.

Better pic of the pin:

Pins for trade!
  • Options
    fishfishmonkeyhatfishfishmonkeyhat Freelance Pin Man Newcastle, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    So was the 3rd place thing just denoting this was the third year it's been run?

• Options
    So was the 3rd place thing just denoting this was the third year it's been run?

Yup! 3rd year/3rd place/bronze trophy was too good for me to pass up.

Pins for trade!