As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Apex Legends] Battle Royale from the makers of Titanfall. High OCTANE gameplay!

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »
    https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-03-14-apex-legends-is-a-game-changing-multiplayer-experience-for-women
    Your ping also adds a marker on the map temporarily, making this voiceless option extremely viable for communicating with your team. "You can definitely win a match without ever communicating via mic with your team," one woman, who preferred to remain anonymous, tells me privately over Twitter. She goes on to give me an idea of how useful this system is as opposed to playing the team-based Overwatch: "In games like Overwatch, teams who use mic and agree on a strategy, coordinate their attacks etc definitely have an advantage against a team who uses no mic at all. This is absolutely not the case in Apex and it's so refreshing I can play an online game and have a decent chance of winning without feeling pressured to use a mic."

By removing the need to communicate via the microphone, women and anyone else who may be shy no longer feel the need to grab the headset. Entire matches can be fought and won without a spoken word between the three-man squad. There's also the ability to use voice to text or just type out short sentences, which can help cover a few things the pinging system may miss.

It's nice but also infuriating and also sad.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Hrrrngh. I do hope they drop the season pass before I cave and buy division. If some new content drops I can stave off new game cravings a while longer.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    found out last night you can kill two people with one bullet using the Longbow

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Last night I finished a session with a 5 kill game and the kill leader achievement, though we still only got second place. I was having a blast running around with nearly maxed out turbo devotion and peacekeeper, which is my ideal setup, winning fights left and right. It was a nice change of pace after a night of abject failure.

My kill:game ratio is now ~0.4 :biggrin: (on lifeline as I don't see anywhere it tracks stats across legends)

Monkey Ball Warrior on
    "I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    Final few rings of a match, we go to check out bunker. It's already been looted, but for some reason hidden in a corner is someone's unlooted deathbox with a full loadout and a damn gold helm and chest.

That is 99% someone last-man standing who was spontaneously booted from the server. Someone somewhere in the world just had a real fucking bummer of a game

This is why I find it hilarious that Respawn is super keen on getting a more competitive mode out when players have to jump through hoops right now to assign themselves to a stable server that won't trivialise 10-15 minutes of effort on a whim

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Final few rings of a match, we go to check out bunker. It's already been looted, but for some reason hidden in a corner is someone's unlooted deathbox with a full loadout and a damn gold helm and chest.

That is 99% someone last-man standing who was spontaneously booted from the server. Someone somewhere in the world just had a real fucking bummer of a game

This is why I find it hilarious that Respawn is super keen on getting a more competitive mode out when players have to jump through hoops right now to assign themselves to a stable server that won't trivialise 10-15 minutes of effort on a whim

The skill sets to resolve those two things are entirely different, unfortunately. Here's to hoping they hired the right people, assuming they got more headcount after such a successful launch.

Inquisitor77 on
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Just yesterday I got booted from making my last stand with my fellow teammate and I both in sniper perches against the final other squad.

Not gonna lie, I was pretty salty afterwards.

• Options
    finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    "We should push in and third party that firefight, we haven't fired a bullet all game, what's the worst thing that can hap.."

*Game crashes*

Same thing happened to me.

Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular

The skill sets to resolve those two things are entirely different, unfortunately. Here's to hoping they hired the right people, assuming they got more headcount after such a successful launch.

If the game dev world is anything like other development then they won't have had enough time to get new hires in and working on the stability issues yet.

• Options
    RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    Respawn really needs to get the cheating in this game under control.

Out of randomly spectating 10 games, I landed on at least three of them that had people who were clearly aimbotting.

And that's with the game not allowing me to spectate everyone.

• Options
    Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I must be lucky as this game has never crashed on me. I'm running a Ryzen 2700X and GTX 1070, if that matters. Maybe the game doesn't like intel boxes?

I've had a few people I've suspected of possibly cheating, but nothing blatant yet.

"I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/b1ht6q/found_octanes_leaked_ult_by_market_on_xbox/

Can confirm, just came one of Octane's jump pads outside of market in a game. You jump off it real good.

So that update can't be too far off...

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Man....I knew it. The problem was always my team. I just got into a game as a solo team (lol). And placed 2nd. Booyah.
    before you ask of course with 0 kills.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Looks like a patch is rolling out now, no notes on it yet though. Octane's jump pads do seem to be appearing in the Market though, some say as part of a glitch.

As per the crashing, my friends still crash, they have ATI cards too. I used to crash all the time too on my RTX, but they just fixed that with the latest NVidia driver release.

• Options
    finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    I think one of my major failings in this game has been an overreliance on ADS combined a tendency to panic when getting into gunfights. Managed to get 5 kills yesterday and finish second due to thinking twice before right clicking.

Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    No way it's a glitch, presumably it was a server-side teaser hotfix. Fortnite does similar stuff.

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Mirage and Caustic flipped on the char select screen...

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    I just picked Caustic. I do not own Caustic. That’s weird.

And my crafting/credits/coin display in the upper right of the home screen is acting weird. And I can’t click the Legends, Armory, or Store tabs. Super weird.

Sprout on
  • Options
    MyNameIsWalrusMyNameIsWalrus Registered User regular
    Just won a game where our squad killed a third of the server and I wasn't completely carried?
    a28t7z4s3agz.jpg

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    If that isn't a twitch name that encapsulates the population as a whole, I don't know what is.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Got into a punch party on the roofs in Skull Town. Punched a Wraith back into a thermite grenade I dropped several times. Managed 2 kills and 200 damage in that game, never found a gun.

• Options
    Sprout wrote: »
    Got into a punch party on the roofs in Skull Town. Punched a Wraith back into a thermite grenade I dropped several times. Managed 2 kills and 200 damage in that game, never found a gun.
    Speaking of melee fights...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vajxpcy4pIE

Haven't seen this one in-person yet, surprisingly.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/b1ht6q/found_octanes_leaked_ult_by_market_on_xbox/

Can confirm, just came one of Octane's jump pads outside of market in a game. You jump off it real good.

So that update can't be too far off...

Grenades also bounce off of it too.

• Options
    CampyCampy Registered User regular
    Is there a way to avoid melee attack in this game once someone is coming at you, or is it like Titanfall and it's auto hit?

• Options
    StasisStasis Registered User regular
    I just watched someone drop to the supply ship at like 6x speed, so I dropped somewhere else, and then got squad wiped by an aimbot. I think I'll take a break for a little bit.
    Campy wrote: »
    Is there a way to avoid melee attack in this game once someone is coming at you, or is it like Titanfall and it's auto hit?
    Melee seems super finicky, so jumping, sliding, and zig-zagging should help avoid the hits.

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I've won three of the last four matches as Gibraltar, of all legends.

I guess the big guy ain't too bad!

• Options
    Campy wrote: »

Well, if you're someone I'm trying to melee, just stand still and it'll miss.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    I transitioned from PC to PS4 because some buddies were over there. Took a bit to re adjust to the game on the controller, but increasing talk of hackers is making me happy I did

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Stasis wrote: »
    I just watched someone drop to the supply ship at like 6x speed, so I dropped somewhere else, and then got squad wiped by an aimbot. I think I'll take a break for a little bit.

Yeah I once got outsniped (and I mean like, up to 100-150 meters) by a guy with an R99 during podium finish. Like, I had him down my sights and then I went down from 4bars of shield down to a sliver of health in *snaps fingers* from sniping distance.

Thankfully it hasn't ever been as obvious since and it's only happened once, but man.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    People dropping implausibly fast is often mirage decoys.

• Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    When the character select bugs out and you go and win the whole thing for a really rare champion screen:
    GaCINcD.jpg

Brought to you by Twitch Prime.

Ziplines everywhere!

Kinda felt left out as the Wraith here but it was a cool experience nonetheless.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I've been on the other side of this, specifically where it was a Lifeline, a few times now. So, was fun to be on this side of it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GuirzdDNmw

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Guy in Reddit did a bunch of testing with the jump pads and you can do some real weird stuff with them

https://v.redd.it/jtzq6na1bim21

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    I got sooo close to winning 2 games in a row. Got paired with a couple of absolute monsters, but I kept going down every fight since I was always the first to engage the enemy, and finally it got down to 3 teams and I got killed in like two shots by someone who seemed to get a headshot every time they fired so they got both of my teammates too.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    StasisStasis Registered User regular
    People dropping implausibly fast is often mirage decoys.
    Mirage decoys drop in a straight line, which this person was not doing, and speed hacks are known to exist.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    PC sounds awful to play on tbh

• Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Yet to see an obvious hacker in my 80+ hours

What's an actual problem is the constant crashing.

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Well, that bunker hot drop went totally wrong.

I had no weapons, got punched three times, then spent the next minute getting chased across the open desert by someone trying to punch me to death.

Arteen on
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    Yeah I've never seen someone I thought was hacking. Not to say my games necessarily had zero hackers, but all my deaths felt reasonable to have been done by a normal human being.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    I really wanted to hit max level before the next update, and I couldn't have asked for a better game to end on. Victory, kill leader, six kills, final kill.

XWLZ6ea.png

EDIT: Also, I pulled off a satisfying team wipe with the wingman after a poor initial engagement. C'mon guys, you knew I was still around!

Arteen on