As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] One does not simply gacha into Mordor. (LOTR starts 3/8).

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    FFX draw tonight for all of your water needs. 2 chains if you don’t have any.

Except for magic. *sigh*

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Rikku’s chain is probably still better for mages than Tidus’s, though obviously not as good as Strago’s.

I say this because of both the enhanced field effect, and because Rikku can use the Bard skill Mana’s Paean to boost party MAG by 15%. Which isn’t anything to rival what Strago can provide to mages, but it’s more than Tidus can.

Enlong on
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    SUCCESS!
    2cnmtpx3wcmo.jpg

So besides switching people to the back row, I dropped Shellga for Dispel. Also instead of going USB x2 into AOSB, I went BSB, USB then AOSB.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    1/3 disco

Not a water chain, but Tidus Arcane Overstrike!

ACCEPTABLE

E: wish this thing was +water

Jragghen on
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Speaking of Rikku and chains.....

Rikku Chain

Heck, yes.

Jecht Burst 1. A burst from the days when Endark was enough on its own. It's a bog-standard 8-hits + Endark and commands that do 4 single hits or 2 AOE hits.

On the one hand, this actually works with his legend materia from his legend dive. On the other hand, the Fire Burst and Fire Ultra I have for him have more and better effects, and I can more easily create a Fire team in X torment than a Dark team.

I'm probably not likely to use this soul break, but +10 ATK is +10 ATK, I suppose.

Jragghen wrote: »
    1/3 disco

Not a water chain, but Tidus Overstrike!

ACCEPTABLE

His Overstrike sword is +water.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Rikku’s chain is probably still better for mages than Tidus’s, though obviously not as good as Strago’s.

I say this because of both the enhanced field effect, and because Rikku can use the Bard skill Mana’s Paean to boost party MAG by 15%. Which isn’t anything to rival what Strago can provide to mages, but it’s more than Tidus can.

Tidus is better at running up the chain count though with dual cast water. Also quickcast all 2 is a nice bonus. In my opinion. I only have tidus.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

1/3 disco

Not a water chain, but Tidus Overstrike!

ACCEPTABLE

His Overstrike sword is +water.

Yeah, I've got that already. :)

I'm confused. Didn't you just say that you got Tidus Overstrike today?

Oh whoops.

Got his arcane overstrike. Let me edit.

• FryFry Registered User regular
    Both of Tidus Ultras are water balls, so if you got a Tidus sword that isn't water boost, it must be his chain or arcane

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Jhect endark lmr. My rop has been so bad so far

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    1/3, Tidus Arcane. I don't have any of his ultras, but I have his arcane, OSB and glint.

Artereis on
    Sapphire Bullet spam into Glint into Sapphire Bullet spam into ARcane is a pretty good option for him, I think.

• KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    FFX... Tidus, BSB. Twilight Steel. Water/NE.

Water. Hm.
    Balthier	SB	Physical Water All
    Bartz	OSSB	Wind / Water / Fire / Earth 1 Target
    Garnet	SB	2 Summoning Magic Water, Magic Buff S
    Terra	SB	Magic Water All, Magic Buff S
    Tidus	OSSB	Water / NE 1 Target
    Tidus	Materia	EnWater at Start of Battle
    Tidus	BSB	10 Phys Water/NE, ATKM DEFS,

Not quite enough for a full team.

KiTA on
  • rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    Yuna glint? Holy shield + regen? Weird.

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    X: 1/3, no disco. Tiny Bee (dupe)!

The legend continues...

rattletrap wrote: »
    Yuna glint? Holy shield + regen? Weird.

Seems to be a highly-specific anti-Yunalesca tool. The X Torment is Yunalesca, and she likes to do Holy damage and inflict Sap.

Artereis wrote: »
    1/3, Tidus Arcane. I don't have any of his ultras, but I have his arcane, OSB and glint.

TBH I just go Sapphire Bullet into Arcane OS for my Marilith Kill. Sub 20 no problem.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    Sapphire Bullet spam into Glint into Sapphire Bullet spam into ARcane is a pretty good option for him, I think.
    Artereis wrote: »

TBH I just go Sapphire Bullet into Arcane OS for my Marilith Kill. Sub 20 no problem.

Yeah, this. Glint>ability spam>AOSB is pretty darn good, and it's slightly faster than USB>finisher. Also, if the Glint has quickcast, then you can usually get enough meter to use it before the AOSB to quickcast it out.

KiTA wrote: »

Water. Hm.

Well, usually you'll want a healer.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

V 260 CM down.

That's the hardest one of those we've had in a while.

V 260 CM down.

I had to quad-stack ATK breaks just to make his last phase manageable. That part is Torment-level rough.

Darklyre wrote: »
    V 260 CM down.

I had to quad-stack ATK breaks just to make his last phase manageable. That part is Torment-level rough.

I was able to effectively steamroll him via a fire chain, bartz lmr and glint, gilgamesh fire burst, faris fire burst, and one of Lenna's USBs. Wasn't able to get the USB triggered before Gilgamesh died, but the rest survived and so by the end of the chain I was doing 5x 9999 through protect.

KiTA wrote: »

Water. Hm.

Not to rain (ha ha) on your parade too much, but those SBs for balthier and Terra are pretty bad, and the Garnet SB is marginal at best. That's a reasonable Tidus kit though, and Bartz can hold you until you get more water stuff (possibly including other parts of his kit). If you really need a water team for some realm dungeon or event at the moment, I would suggest Bartz, Tidus, healer, buffer. Either entrust bot or debuffer/breaker in the last slot.

I had to roll out a “double healer” team to take care of A++ Gilgamesh. By which I mean Lenna and Kelger. Used Smoldering Fire for his damage, because this fight made me resort to weird strategies.

Also used Phoenix for healing, though Enkidu would work.

• MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Rikku lmr for machinist quickcast to join the trend of incredibly useless lmrs. What were they thinking with Rikku really.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
    As if to mock me for talking about my daily draw history, today the game served up Rinoa's ice brave USB on the daily draw. For many accounts that would probably be a huge cheer, but I don't know that I'm likely to ever use it ahead of Rinoa's ice chase USB. Oh well, I'll take the extra MAG, for sure.

I guess it depends on how much the chase attacks are doing, and if they beat out getting an Overstrike every 3 turns or so.

Also, sometimes the stats make a difference; her ice Ultra boosts MAG by 30%, whereas the ice Brave Ultra boosts Black Magic Damage by 30%. Which are two quite different effects.

TBH, I used to love Chase USBs but there's something about doing 99999 damage on a Lv2 Bravery Attack. I love looking at that Chain Counter go up but...99999 on demand.

• DaffyddDaffydd Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Most of my daily draw hits were silly-useless LMRs and questionable uniques. Yuna USB2 - the summoning-damage one with no en-element - was the best thing I’d gotten.

And today I pulled Nanaki CSB. Sit on a mountain with your mouth open, and eventually a roast duck will fly in.

It was so unexpected that when I first saw it, I thought “huh, pretty rose-crown Ultra, looks like a healer relic.” It took staring to see “Chain” instead of “Ultra.” I was not prepared for a roast duck to the face.

Daffydd on
    Oh! ok it ain't a USB or a CSB but I finally got a hit that's not a Unique SB:
    5ezpfs9hb09x.png

Finally!!!!!

W24pNr8.jpg

I'm not sure if I can replicate it though.

Tidus went SS>SS>Power break> Chain >SS> BSB2>Power Break>SS
    OK went BSB>Wall>Command2>Command2>Voltech>Entrust elarra>Voltech a bunch> BSB>Voltech>Entrust to elarra
    Maria just cast chain waterga over and over with her USB in there.
    Alphinaud was repsonsible for trying to make his hones last as long as possible. Casts protect, SSB, magicite, second wall, finally BSB.
    Elarra has to juggle USB and BSB and mage hymn.

In order to beat berserk I had to wait until after savage whatever in phase 2 radiant shields him for 50k damage, then summon famfrit for 76k and just pray. Not looking forward to trying again tomorrow.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    1/3 Yuna BUSB.
    Daily disco Ceodore USB dupe.

That's a nice get for Yuna.

I guess it depends on how much the chase attacks are doing, and if they beat out getting an Overstrike every 3 turns or so.

Also, sometimes the stats make a difference; her ice Ultra boosts MAG by 30%, whereas the ice Brave Ultra boosts Black Magic Damage by 30%. Which are two quite different effects.

Vs Chupon, her chase gets up to 6x9000 pretty quickly. Serah chain is real good.

Guess I will see which is better vs Gerogero.

Pulled my first lord of the rings: nine. It’s.... dupe Vivi bsb. Then one more mythril to expand the vault.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

IX pull: Vivi OSB

I've only got his glint and an SSB, so ok. If anything, it's a 6* +fire weapon.

edited March 2019
    Absurd disco luck continues, but it's a dupe zidane USB1

E: oh hey, this is enough to make it an 8*. I should probably do that instead of sharding it.

Jragghen on
    But seriously, my 4A draws are going to have zero awakenings to balance this out.

I've gotten discoes from 9, 10, 12, 14, T, and 0. That's insane.

This discussion has been closed.