As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFXIV] Job Action trailer out now. So shiny!

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Folks, the Chocobo songs are always just so good

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Larlar
    So you think you can ride this chocobo? Got chocobucks? You better put them on this chocobo. Saddle up if you think you can ride in this rodeo. Are we in hell? I don't know, to the dirt let's roll.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    I’m really, really liking this game so far.

I haven’t hit any of the difficult content yet, but I still have WoW for that. On the other hand, this blows WoW out of the water in terms of actually having things to do.

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    Roegadyn
    “Difficult” content is kind of something you have seek out, the main content you’re guided through is almost all very balanced (of course there’s always a couple exceptions)

• Options
    Larlar
    I get the impression it is lighter in endgame raiding content than wow but heavier in story and such, I guess I'll see when I get there

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    So I got access to Levequests and... I’m not sure what they are? Are they just super simple versions of old quests or something?

• Options
    Roegadyn
    oh there’s definitely enough endgame/raid content for the grognards, it just depends on what motivates you. do you want a shinier hat, a shinier sword, or a shinier horse

• Options
    Roegadyn
    Moriveth wrote: »
    So I got access to Levequests and... I’m not sure what they are? Are they just super simple versions of old quests or something?

They’re basically short, repeatable quests you can do for xp and spare cash. Not super useful for combat classes, but I used them a lot while leveling mining.

• Options
    Roegadyn

levequests are repeatable quests mainly for grinding through levels if you’ve run out of msq/side content. they’re pretty good xp if you know the right missions to take or avoid

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Roegadyn
    Not when it's the same one every time you hop on the Chocobo for 40+ hours.

But then that's probably just me.

sig.gif
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    Miqo'te
    The latest post-SB content I'm going through has definitely had the most difficult stuff so far, especially in MSQ. But I've really been enjoying it.

Playing World of Darkness or Labyrinth of the Ancients for the 500th time in a row, however, not so much.

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    The Alliance raid finder finally dumped me into Weeping City of Mcach, so got that done. That's a good raid! Now I just need to do Dun Scaith and I've done all the 24 man content.

Then it's just Binding coil and the last Warring Triad guy and I'll have done all the normal mode stuff!

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Larlar
    I got the sushi folks to drag me through the coils last weekend, it was fun
    also the final coil takes forever, similar to the castrum meridianum instances it's got a lot of juicy 20 minute cutscene.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Roegadyn
    I'm very good at logging in about 10 minutes after everyone bounces for the evening but I'll get around to it eventually.

You can actually solo Bahamut as a PLD, but it's very hard. Might try that one day as well.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Au Ra
    Sorce wrote: »

you can turn off mount music btw

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Roegadyn
    my enjoyment of the game skyrocketed when I found that button

also turning off 99% of the chat sounds

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Au Ra
    Why would I ever turn off my Shiva pony music

• Options
    simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    Au Ra
    People are bad at dun scaith or can be at least

• Options
    Roegadyn
    Sorce wrote: »

you can turn off mount music btw
    The light came from the heavens when I found that little button.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Roegadyn
    also the final coil takes forever, similar to the castrum meridianum instances it's got a lot of juicy 20 minute cutscene.

Is Coil not duty-finderable? Or is it just not advisable to do so?

I'd like to see the immediate post-50 endgame stuff and figured it'd show up once I unlocked it.

• Options
    Roegadyn
    You have to go on a mission to find/unlock it first, I think.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Roegadyn
    Javen wrote: »

I'd like to see the immediate post-50 endgame stuff and figured it'd show up once I unlocked it.

Coil is from before they had the idea to do different difficulty modes and is quite a bit harder than other normal mode stuff. It'd be a bad time if it popped up in the duty finder.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Roegadyn
    turtleant wrote: »
    Javen wrote: »

Coil is from before they had the idea to do different difficulty modes and is quite a bit harder than other normal mode stuff. It'd be a bad time if it popped up in the duty finder.

Ahh, that makes sense. I’d still like to see the story at some point, since apparently there’s more than one? I stopped playing when Turn 4 was still the bleeding edge content

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Roegadyn
    question for veterans: does the tokyo presentation have any kind of english translation as it goes, or is it a "wait for someone to sum it up afterwards" kind of deal?

• Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    Hyur
    I'm sure people will be live blogging during the keynote but I don't remember any sort of translation during the pre-Stormblood FanFest. Details from side panels will be some up by the community later, but I fully expect people to be translation real time on Discord.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Hyur
    Time zones muck with it too - the keynote and all are going to be something like very early morning I expect? So just catch up after breakfast.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Au Ra
    There will not be a translator on stage for the keynote, but there will be a simultaneous broadcast of it with translators on another twitch channel - I think the official square Enid one was what I heard?

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Miqo'te
    When is it, tonight?

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Roegadyn
    I just found out about FC housing. Is there any upkeep cost associated with it, and if so, is there anything I can contribute? Also how do I buy my own dogs?

Javen on
  • Options
    Au Ra
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    When is it, tonight?

Next weekend

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Au Ra
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Time zones muck with it too - the keynote and all are going to be something like very early morning I expect? So just catch up after breakfast.

Also the keynote is actually 7:30 PM central time

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Hyur
    Polaritie wrote: »

Also the keynote is actually 7:30 PM central time

Right, which twitch channel has the translation again?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Au Ra
    i think it'll be https://www.twitch .tv/squareenix

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Larlar
    they said they'd announce the details, soon

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Au Ra
    they didn't say where they'd broadcast the keynote, but they went on to say that they would broadcast the live letter the day after on that channel in english, so it's like "uhhhh probably there, i guess, maybe?"

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I hit, I think, level 17 last night? Still enjoying it as a sort of chill experience. I didn’t realize that the disciple of the hand/land classes were entirely separate levels - how does THAT work? They seem to have no combat abilities, so am I to just creep around and cut down trees as a botanist?

• Options
    Roegadyn
    I hit, I think, level 17 last night? Still enjoying it as a sort of chill experience. I didn’t realize that the disciple of the hand/land classes were entirely separate levels - how does THAT work? They seem to have no combat abilities, so am I to just creep around and cut down trees as a botanist?

Doing job things gives xp, so mining for iron as a miner gives xp, cooking gives xp, making a ring gives xp, etc.

Gathering/crafting levemetes are also good forms of xp, since the nodes you need are typically clustered together.

• Options
    Larlar
    yep, and turning in gathering guildleve quests once you hit level 10 and get those I think
    seems like a horrendous soul-crushing grind to me

BahamutZERO.gif
This discussion has been closed.