As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Anthem] Death from Above ! and Sideways ! sometimes even from Below !

• evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Might be worth checking thermals and power since this is a Bioware Frostbite game.

ME:A helped me diagnose a just barely starting to fail power supply by over-drawing on 12V when nothing I ran could. Literally only managed to get enough combined draw to recreate the problem by running prime 95 and a game benchmark at the same time.

If it's thermals and a recent change most common culprit is pet hair.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    You could load up msi afterburner and turn on some monitoring on the screen to see what is getting maxxed out (i.e. Is CPU usage getting pegged at 100%)

It used to be more frequent with older ssds that a "full" drive would run slower but even if that was happening the game should not run badly, it's likely not pulling much off the ssd itself as all that is loaded into RAM.

First step is figuring out if one component is doing it or if it's the game.

• BeefjerkyBeefjerky Registered User regular
    A friend of mine was being stupid and annoying (this was a couple weeks ago) basically saying the internet hysteria was correct in how broken and unplayable boring the game was. Then went on to say how he probably wouldn't like it. I got angry at his stupidity comparing "internet fact" the game is broken with "in my personal opinion I may not enjoy this game so it's obviously a broken unplayable game" anyways I sent him this and he didn't say anything else.

https://youtu.be/YPmhH0zg3o4

This was before the gearscore changes when damage went up.

• TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Belasco32 wrote: »
    It worked fine day before yesterday :(

Just so y'all know I'm running an (older) i7, Nvidia 1080 Founders, with 16G of (I think) DDR 5 RAM

The only thing I can think is that the SSD it's running off of only has 30G of space left on it....

There were some news posts about a Win10 update messing with games, but the newest one apparently fixed it

Maybe try to force an update for the newest one? If that doesn't work, roll back to the third newest?

Also, have you tried running "Repair" on the game from Origin?

Switching from Fullscreen to Borderless, or the other way around sometimes works in cases like this

Running the game as Administrator is also worth a shot

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Man I love que'ing heart of rage and being on the boss. Fast 3 strongholds daily done! Thanks redditers for making my least favorite thing to do as a daily easy peasy!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Ughhh i have no desire to finish these Matthias side quests but I want legendary contracts....

I keep seeing a bunch of reviews saying that Matthias is the best written character (and that his questline from the demo had the best writing), and I find that odd because every interaction with him bores me to tears.

Brin and Yarrow and even Dax's questlines were really fun, and I enjoyed the writing in all of them.

Matthias bores meeeee

• SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    This might just be RNG, but after running a lot of legendary contracts on GM2 and then a stronghold. I think all of the GM2 loot changes apply only to strongholds, not contracts. In all of my contracts I was getting about 1-2 MW each, and managed to pull 1 legendary only because there was a legendary titan I lucked out on (which means if you get one of the missions to destroy the machines to prevent the titan from being awakened, let it awaken). But on 1 run of GM2 Hive Tyrant I pulled 8 total MW in that one run.

Edit: maybe not, did 2 more GM2 Hive Tyrants, and just got the guaranteed MWs. Blurg

Simpsonia on
  • Phoenix138Phoenix138 ArizonaRegistered User regular
    GaryO wrote: »
    Got my first legendary killing some random animal because I was bored while flying.
    Its a sniper rifle.
    Ive only played as a colossus, so its an entirely useless weapon, thanks game!

And here i thought i got especially lucky for getting a masterwork drop just for killing one of those pikachu things (telasir?) while roaming the map in freeplay.

My legendary contracts were kind of a bust this morning, but freeplay in gm1 was masterworks for days and a legendary! So imagine they'll nerf gm1 drops again...

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    Ughhh i have no desire to finish these Matthias side quests but I want legendary contracts....

I keep seeing a bunch of reviews saying that Matthias is the best written character (and that his questline from the demo had the best writing), and I find that odd because every interaction with him bores me to tears.

Brin and Yarrow and even Dax's questlines were really fun, and I enjoyed the writing in all of them.

Matthias bores meeeee

How far along are you? I also thought he was pretty bland to start but then later things uh

things got pretty entertaining

• MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Mathiass is great

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • asofyeunasofyeun Registered User regular
    MMMig wrote: »
    Mathiass is great

i dunno, we don't really get to see much of his butt as far as I remember

• Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    3 Legendary Contracts at GM2: RNGesus gonna RNG:
    1) 5 MW + 2 Leg :exclaim:
    2) 1 MW
    3) 2 MW

You simply can’t predict it...

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • GorkGork Registered User regular
    RNG is R. I have gotten literally zero legendaries despite having two MW level javelins.

• MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    2 legos... geez...

Also, I tried that naked load out with a basic everything, no support, one lego freeze grenade.

Yeah I was def doing a lot more dmg but I was made of glass.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    Just did my first GM1 Stronghold and got 6 MW so that was a good start.

• dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    I think I really need the armor restoring component for my Interceptor. I would like the AAAAAAAAAAAAA to maybe drop a few font sizes, so playing it isn't absolute razor edge binary "god/dead".

Edit: Also, what works well w/ Spark Dash? I've tried Venom Darts (fine), Detonating Strike (eeeh) and the melee strike thing, Whirlwind Strike or something? The first two are nice, but long cooldown. The third has a short CD, but... eh?

dporowski on
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Have they said anything about the achievement from challenges, etc not working? Shelved this game because of that.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    Have they said anything about the achievement from challenges, etc not working? Shelved this game because of that.

One of mine showed up I think.

Honestly, I'd expect it to be trivial to fix, but not top of the priority list. "Has X done this challenge? Yes? Ding." Since the individual challenges are tracking properly in game, my expectation is that progress wouldn't be lost somehow, and can be queried.

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »

Honestly, I'd expect it to be trivial to fix, but not top of the priority list. "Has X done this challenge? Yes? Ding." Since the individual challenges are tracking properly in game, my expectation is that progress wouldn't be lost somehow, and can be queried.

but my backbrain needs to feel that reptilian tickle of reward now! :P

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    dporowski wrote: »

but my backbrain needs to feel that reptilian tickle of reward now! :P

But imagine how satisfying the noise when they all go off at once...

• ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    I have looted.....seven Unending Battles in a row

Whyyyy

Arch wrote: »
    I have looted.....seven Unending Battles in a row

Whyyyy

Well you see its a battle and its...

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Haven't played in a week. 2nd gm2 contract it bugs out on the third objective. Not great!

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    So question can you do Legendary contracts for all 3 main quest givers in one day?

Dragkonias wrote: »
    So question can you do Legendary contracts for all 3 main quest givers in one day?

Each one has a quest per day yeah?

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Notice the slight increase of armor/shield stats on a legendary Colossus component:
    73eodxelz0vv.jpg

What is the total armor/shield of a fully Masterworked Storm/Interceptor? :wink:

• Redspo0nRedspo0n Registered User regular
    Ok.. am I doing it wrong? I saw the +shield/-armor component, and happened to collect a couple high% shield inscriptions - so I just went for it.
    On my Cuisinart, is armor objectively better?

ALSO - is there a health bug still? Seems like I randomly go from very hearty shield/armor, to the next instance having to avoid all incoming fire or spend alot of time waiting for repairs.
    (And anecdotally, the armor display showing tons of armor 'sections' and then only two, with shield only ever showing the single bar)

"Hey, want a Skull Servent? He's Evil."
    XFIRE:redspo0n (Yep, Zero in there) XBL: Pinkspo0n
  • furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Redspo0n wrote: »
    Ok.. am I doing it wrong? I saw the +shield/-armor component, and happened to collect a couple high% shield inscriptions - so I just went for it.
    On my Cuisinart, is armor objectively better?

ALSO - is there a health bug still? Seems like I randomly go from very hearty shield/armor, to the next instance having to avoid all incoming fire or spend alot of time waiting for repairs.
    (And anecdotally, the armor display showing tons of armor 'sections' and then only two, with shield only ever showing the single bar)

Because of the way scaling works there is some weird interplay between your power level and how much damage you take. The numbers shown have nothing to do with how damage you actually take. Instead it is a weird percentage thing no one has quite nailed down yet.

Edit: but yes there is an actual armor value bug. At first Bioware claimed it was just graphical, it took multiple players recording videos before they would acknowledge it.

furlion on
    sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    I mean something that could have cushioned the rage at this kind of stuff is having something to play for other than stats. Legendary weapons are resksins, there's not really a gameplay way to get physical stuff to show off to others, so all people are left to do is to boost stats, and with that focus if your stats game isn't perfect people are going to feel it and notice

Also I got a legendary grenade launcher and man it's just garbage on gm2, it seems alright on lower difficulties but gm2 is so reliant on combo damage and it just doesn't help with that at all

Prohass on
  • furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    If it doesn't combo, CC, or do massive weak point damage I don't think anything is worth using in gm2. They have, I think, 12x the hp of an elite on hard. That is a huge jump to make considering you can't really farm for good rolls.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Preacher wrote: »

...and what do I need to do to get those? One day I had two legendary contracts. Always just the one otherwise.

No new missions from Matthias/Brin for me to do.

They need to add something like transmuting in D3 where you can reroll one crap stat on stuff. I got a piece with one +150% damage... and then +5% damage.

Also, woo! It's a start.

qeqwkv8yuk4l.png

Endless Siege with Armor roll is always amazing.

• GorkGork Registered User regular
    Mine has a +125% damage roll and an armor roll. It’s my new best friend. Don’t tell my dog.

• morgan_cokemorgan_coke Registered User regular
    Got back on and tried GM2 today to see the new droprates. I was in a full masterwork Storm. I had real difficulty killing anything outside of ults. It was just.. dumb. Then we got an Escari on the last fight of the mission. Took maybe 30 minutes to kill. Respawned a couple of times dead, which was not awesome, also every respawn meant I had to go through double loading screens because our respawn point was far enough away that you couldn't fly back to where we were fighting before tethering got you. And a couple times it spawned me right next to the bug tank, leading directly to double loading screens again.

I don't have any legendaries, I've only gotten one, despite getting all four Javelins to full Masterwork level. And yet at GM2 with no legendaries, my damage and survivability are a joke. I'm supposed to farm at this level hoping I get legendaries so I can farm at this level for more? Get the F outta here. Uninstalled the game after I finally finished the mission. The gameplay isn't even that good at high levels, because on GM1 I'm an immortal God-King, and on GM2 I'm using nerf guns and wearing papier-mache armor. Neither is really great. I went through this with Destiny One, where we at least had raids with our friends to keep us occupied, but this? Freaking SIX years later?!?! Yeah, I'm done.

Look, I'm not posting this to take away from anyone else's enjoyment of the game or anything, if you're still liking it, go to town, but EA does keep an eye on social media and forum boards, they need to see this kind of feedback so they have some context around what I'm fairly sure are rapidly dropping player numbers.

Good luck and have fun ya'll.

XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.
    Battle.net: morgancoke#1589

Titan's Creed: Jump first, don't ask questions, punch everything
  • Phoenix138Phoenix138 ArizonaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Echo wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »

...and what do I need to do to get those? One day I had two legendary contracts. Always just the one otherwise.

No new missions from Matthias/Brin for me to do.

Are they offering any mission at all? If they’re offering a normal mission they’ll then offer the legendary mission as soon as you accept the regular one. Other non-bugged possibility is the mission has already been accepted but isn’t immediately apparent on the map because Brin’s mission is in the top left corner.

Phoenix138 on
  • drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    Got back on and tried GM2 today to see the new droprates. I was in a full masterwork Storm. I had real difficulty killing anything outside of ults. It was just.. dumb. Then we got an Escari on the last fight of the mission. Took maybe 30 minutes to kill. Respawned a couple of times dead, which was not awesome, also every respawn meant I had to go through double loading screens because our respawn point was far enough away that you couldn't fly back to where we were fighting before tethering got you. And a couple times it spawned me right next to the bug tank, leading directly to double loading screens again.

I don't have any legendaries, I've only gotten one, despite getting all four Javelins to full Masterwork level. And yet at GM2 with no legendaries, my damage and survivability are a joke. I'm supposed to farm at this level hoping I get legendaries so I can farm at this level for more? Get the F outta here. Uninstalled the game after I finally finished the mission. The gameplay isn't even that good at high levels, because on GM1 I'm an immortal God-King, and on GM2 I'm using nerf guns and wearing papier-mache armor. Neither is really great. I went through this with Destiny One, where we at least had raids with our friends to keep us occupied, but this? Freaking SIX years later?!?! Yeah, I'm done.

Look, I'm not posting this to take away from anyone else's enjoyment of the game or anything, if you're still liking it, go to town, but EA does keep an eye on social media and forum boards, they need to see this kind of feedback so they have some context around what I'm fairly sure are rapidly dropping player numbers.

Good luck and have fun ya'll.

What are you using? Because gear loadouts that's leaning towards a specific group of skills work well. I roll into GM2 and do well on my own using that chain lightning E and Lightning Strike on Q. But I have something like 100% CD reduction and 50-150% additional elemental damage based on how how Elemental Rage is doing. So it's like throwing down a bolt of lighting for 50k every 4-5 seconds with a hard shield stripper/CC for 30-45k at 4-5 seconds.

Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
    edited March 2019
    Phoenix138 wrote: »
    Are they offering any mission at all? If they’re offering a normal mission they’ll then offer the legendary mission as soon as you except the regular one. Other non-bugged possibility is the mission has already been accepted but isn’t immediately apparent on the map because Brin’s mission is in the top left corner.

I have a daily legendary from Yarrow. Sometimes from Matthias. Brin has nothing, not even regular contracts.

Echo on
    Do note that if you do quickplay and it ends up in a Legendary contract, it’ll consider that contract completed for the day.

So it is best to do your Legendary contracts as quickly as possible, because if you quickplay later that day, every legendary contract is as if you are doing an extra contract.

Didn’t the legendary contracts unlock after the completing the second cycle of missions for the contractgiver? (Like Need to Know 2, and the thingies of Raban Maur, and the Diggs storyline?)

I basically pick up my legendary Yarrow contract when I boot up the game, start it, and after it use the Launchbay to run towards the board to pick up all the other contracts.