As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

They advanced the PLOT?! Warhammer 40k casual lore

• valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I suppose this chapter would have a strong connection to the administratum.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Well, while the Administratum officially considers them a great boon and ally, most actual Administrators and the Senior Clerks that are allowed to know of them consider them a menace to the orderly running of a scriptorium, not least because they ‘steal’ their best runners and most promising scribes…

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Now I'm imagining them having a very specific manner of performing orbital bombardment by using their main lance cannons to burn the curses they would use against the enemy into the planets crust, so that eons past, you could swing by and just read the planet to see why it was burned.

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    Can the chapter master have a chain-halberd that looks like a giant fountain pen?

• SnowbearSnowbear Registered User regular
    Can the chapter master have a chain-halberd that looks like a giant fountain pen?

In fact, I insist.

8EVmPzM.jpg
  • TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    https://warhammer40k.fandom.com/wiki/Catachan
    After the formation of the Great Rift following the fall of Cadia in 999.M41, Catachan was caught within the malignant Warp rift and exposed to a massive daemonic invasion. However when Roboute Guilliman's Indomitus Crusade arrived at Catachan, its Astartes found that the local Catachan regiments had already dealt with the threat on their own.

hahahahahahaha

edited March 2019
    More like they sat back and watched the local wildlife take care of it, grateful for the rest since it was the first time since the founding of the colony that the world wasn’t solely focused on killing them…

Also, turns out, barking toad explosions are at least partially psychic because the daemons started avoiding them at all costs after the first one.

Mr_Rose on
  • TraceTrace GNU Terry Pratchett; GNU Gus; GNU Carrie Fisher; GNU Adam We Registered User regular
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    More like they sat back and watched the local wildlife take care of it, grateful for the rest since it was the first time since the founding of the colony that the world wasn’t solely focused on killing them…

Also, turns out, barking toad explosions are at least partially psychic because the daemons started avoiding them at all costs after the first one.

where the hell is the actual lore about this

I want to read -all- of it.

• manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Mr_Rose wrote: »

Are you kidding? They had Marbo, the outcome was never in question.

• TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    I present to you sergeant Stabbo of the "holy shit he's got a knife" squad

20190312_235418.jpg
    20190312_235449.jpg
    20190312_235427.jpg
    20190312_235438.jpg

A bonus look: At a distance so you see less of my fuck ups!
    20190313_000259.jpg
    20190313_000519.jpg

TheGerbil on
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    While my personal preferences for color schemes tend to run towards the obvious and/or boring, I think it's cool when people use uncommon choices like orange or purple for their main color.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Dat's a right good Choppa that 'umie's got there!

pHWHd2G.jpg
    edited March 2019
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    While my personal preferences for color schemes tend to run towards the obvious and/or boring, I think it's cool when people use uncommon choices like orange or purple for their main color.

I really like orange and in all other intents and purposes (including iconography) they are Blood Angels. Black shoulder pads for sergeants and helm signifies squad roles.

Turns out orange is a bit of a pain to paint. When I painted my librarian and he was blue I was blown away the ease of doing that colour.

Also his "knife" is quite large when compared to a guardsmen. For a normal Human it'd be a RATHER large blade.

TheGerbil on
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    If I had infinite time and money, and my hands weren't quite so unsteady, one of many WH40k projects I'd want to do would be a blue-white-orange Tau army with a heavy focus on the technological stuff. I'd give them orange sept markings, and use a matte black for things like fatigues and exposed mechanical bits, while armor would be painted glossy white with blue details for frontline units (warriors, crisis suits, hammerheads, etc) and matte blue with white details for support (pathfinders, stealth suits, skyrays, etc). Ethereals would wear orange robes. I'd use a similar orange to your guy up there, and the blue would be something like html color "new midnight blue" (hex color 0004A6, rgb 0/4/166).

Edit: Hah, just thought of a sept name for them; Yor'dam.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    kpv82b54ltiv.jpg
    This is the Lord Discordant – a new HQ choice for Chaos armies that combines the might of a Maulerfiend, the wisdom of a Warpsmith and the leadership of a Chaos Lord into one deadly package. This is Chaos turned up to 11, then turned up some more, until the dials fall off and start leaking blood

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/03/13/chaos-space-marines-focus-the-lord-discordant/

• valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    What? No talk about Shadowspear coming out today?

cqTeUJE.jpg

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    I care about that sweet, delicious lore.

Well then you'll be happy to know the next vigilus campaign book is up for preorder this weekend.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Welp I bought a Kill Team Orks starter set and ordered a rulebook at my local GW

• GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    Kill Team is probably my favorite way to 40k, especially now that they’re expanding the options to include more elite models.

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Welp I bought a Kill Team Orks starter set and ordered a rulebook at my local GW

Orks are solid! They aren’t top of the meta but they are totally fine and very good at krumpin

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    HOLY SHIT. There are two entire Gaunt's Ghost novels I haven't read?!?!?!

Maybe three? I do not remember Salvation's Reach at all.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

Well I left off playing 40k and in general with GW's stuff with Blood Pact and came back in the time that Salvation's reach came out

I thought that I missed a book or such

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »

Well I left off playing 40k and in general with GW's stuff with Blood Pact and came back in the time that Salvation's reach came out

I thought that I missed a book or such

I read a synopsis of Salvation's Reach and I'm pretty sure I've read it.

So only two books I haven't read!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

Orks are solid! They aren’t top of the meta but they are totally fine and very good at krumpin

Yeah, I'm mostly looking at the game to have fun and not really get into real-ass competitive shit, so that's good. I probably woulda gone Necron if the GW there had them.

Yeah, I'm mostly looking at the game to have fun and not really get into real-ass competitive shit, so that's good. I probably woulda gone Necron if the GW there had them.

Necrons are boring honestly. Little to no customization and too few choices.

I’m happy for elites and custodes coming out

I would like Aspect warriors that are not old enough to have children or grad degrees

I would like Aspect warriors that are not old enough to have children or grad degrees

Abaddon has arms now so anything is possible

I feel when the Ynnari pamphlet comes out the craftworld gets a reboot look

• italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular

I feel when the Ynnari pamphlet comes out the craftworld gets a reboot look

How many big releases do they do a year? Is it like 6 spread between 40k & AoS? I guess it could be possible in 2020.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
    So far this year has been moon clan for AoS and chaos now. Partial with space marine vanguards too.

It was the voxcast with Jes Goodwin where he dropped he worked on the vanguard 5 years ago makes me think of the rumor they are just opening on the vault and running with it

TheGerbil wrote: »
    So far this year has been moon clan for AoS and chaos now. Partial with space marine vanguards too.

moonclan, skaven and khorne so far

slaanesh are right around the corner

You kinda forgot the flesh eater courts, but then so did GW.

If I built a side army, it'd probably be plague marines

It was the voxcast with Jes Goodwin where he dropped he worked on the vanguard 5 years ago makes me think of the rumor they are just opening on the vault and running with it

Does it take that long to make new models? That seems insane. AAA video game titles take about that much time.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
    I should get the army book for whatever Imperial Guard is called now and see if my army increased in points again.

Last time I checked it was at 25,000 points.

Does it take that long to make new models? That seems insane. AAA video game titles take about that much time.

I don't know he had a notebook with a bunch of tabs and various papers stuff in it
    When asked about why a certain look for the Vanguard he quipped this was 5 years ago as he rummaged though the papers he had
    So I feel it varies in time to build some of the models since it's all done in CAD or something then meeting about design refinement and onto the rules and playtesting

Yeah, I'd figure that with CAD, playtesting, and even including manufacture & distribution it should be closer to 2 years start-to-finish on completely new models. But I could see a system that had a holding tank of these ideas and a committee that decides when to greenlight them

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
    I should get the army book for whatever Imperial Guard is called now and see if my army increased in points again.

Last time I checked it was at 25,000 points.

it actually probably dropped

also astra millitarum

This discussion has been closed.