As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

We're three times as fast in the 3rd [Gunpla] & Plastic models thread

• CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    I don't get it.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    same attitude being expressed

BahamutZERO.gif
    Oh I didn't see the gun in the linked picture.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I didn't either actually, even without it Char has the same intimidating aura as flippant about knives cat

BahamutZERO.gif
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    After a weekend of building Tallgeese is done!

heca683ctwle.jpg

I also got around to doing Mobile Armor Haro.

sy7eptt2gq9d.jpg

He is a cute little space marine.

steam_sig.png
  • Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    Is that Tallgeese the RG version? What a pretty model!

And now I understand what they meant with that the Leo is derived from the Tallgeese as a cheaper version because I see a lot of similar bits and bobs.

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
    MG special coating version.

steam_sig.png
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    who

fin

funnels

12347601_1106596219359719_6752232958852479545_n.jpg

i

fin

funnels

uc3ufTB.png
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/wehGjNzcmkQ

I need to see how these look straight built but hhhnnnrrrgg gimme gimme

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Anyone put in their email for a quote on the Re-GZ custom actually get an email from them yet?

Grey Ghost on
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    who are you ordering from again?

uc3ufTB.png
    oh yeah, i used them for the woundwort, they emailed back after a couple days

this is their actual website, maybe try reaching out if you don't hear back within the week

https://omochajapan.com/

uc3ufTB.png
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Creb update

f89cfoj50ws0.jpeg

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    I love it

04xkcuvaav19.png
    it's such a fucking creb

i love it

uc3ufTB.png
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    @Corporal Carl needs to post in here a few more times so I can shower him with Awesomes.

He hooked me up with his Shadow Fox Zoid! Not for me, but for my friend who enters Gundam building/painting contests and such. HMM Zoids, as I have mentioned, are getting expensive around here, and Shadow Fox is one of the best. so for him to be willing to part with it is...

Well, it's amazing. And I'm so humbled and grateful, even if I'm just acting as a middleman.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    edited March 2019
    Athenor wrote: »
    @Corporal Carl needs to post in here a few more times so I can shower him with Awesomes.

He hooked me up with his Shadow Fox Zoid! Not for me, but for my friend who enters Gundam building/painting contests and such. HMM Zoids, as I have mentioned, are getting expensive around here, and Shadow Fox is one of the best. so for him to be willing to part with it is...

Well, it's amazing. And I'm so humbled and grateful, even if I'm just acting as a middleman.
    I'm happy that I could help you out!

And yes, I should play less Anthem on the PS4 and continue building my models :lol:

EDIT: And also a big thank you to you Athenor, for introducing me to the Zoids models, simply by sharing your enthousiasm and posting loads of pictures of them.
    I am happy with my MSS scale Saber Tiger, and still have 3 other MSSes in my backlog; maybe I should make one of them after I finished my Z'Gok.

To celebrate this joyous occasion I have changed my avatar to my favourite model, the Zock! :biggrin:

Corporal Carl on
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I learned that the MSS line was actually part of the same line as the Masterpiece Transformers, which is awesome too. It's a shame it didn't continue.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    The Mobile Haro is such a fun model.

• LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    You know

It's not quite the same design, but it's close enough, so...

BECOME AS GODS

BECOME AS GODS

BECOME AS GODS

BECOME AS GODS

waNkm4k.jpg?1
    My finger is hovering over the buy button for that Gojulas...

I should probably do my taxes first, see what my return will be.

Also? I really wish there were models of the MA's from Blaster Master Zero and Zero-2.

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    holy shit

uc3ufTB.png
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    I kinda want a tallgeese

What is the best tallgeese kit? I will save up for it and the best char's zaku 2 I can get also that way I can get claw something for their bday.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    What the heck is a goondom apocalypse?

Uriel wrote: »
    I kinda want a tallgeese

What is the best tallgeese kit? I will save up for it and the best char's zaku 2 I can get also that way I can get claw something for their bday.

For Tallgeese the Real Grade is the best option, probably. Or the MG. Their hasn't really been a decent HG of it.

Char's Zaku II is going to be dependant on the grade you want to build. For HG though, the Origins Zaku II mold is fantastic and there's like 3 different versions of Char's in the line to pick from.

X22wmuF.jpg
    Uriel wrote: »
    I kinda want a tallgeese

The Real Grade Tallgeese was released within the last year, so uses all of their latest construction techniques, and is in the $25-30 range. It will be around 5 inches tall when done, and has a nice two-tone white/off white color scheme.

There's also the Master Grade, which will be 7-8 inches tall when done, at $40. It's an older kit, though, so won't have the poseability or gimmicks that the RG will.

For Char's Zaku II, it depends on how much of a wow factor you want with the kit. If you want tons of poseability, get the RG. It's about 6 years old, but it holds up very well. It also has a lot of details and two-ton, especially for a Zaku II. $25-30.

If you want a bigger model, the MG Char's Zaku II 2.0 is a good bet. It isn't as detailed as the RG, but it's a 2007 kit. It comes in around $30. It's also from a Gunpla perspective an important turning point in Bandai's engineering, as this was the kit that ushered in the modern age of MG Gunpla. Lots of new techniques were first used in it that are common now.

If you want to get just a f*** all huge kit, get the Mega Sized Char's Zaku II. It runs around $90-100, and is essentially a very scaled up high grade so there's a distinct lack of poseability and details. But at around 20 inches tall, it's one of the largest kits ever made.

• simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    I have the master grade char zaku 2 and I love it

I don't have a mega-size Zaku, but I do have the mega-size unicorn and that thing is built like a rock.

Also the mega size zaku's bazooka is so big it's basically a free toy gun!

X22wmuF.jpg
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I was looking at the new rg tallgeese and the rg zaku ii just now actually

Imma look for them local too if I can at anime /comic stores in town

Also I just got my scopedog out of the closet and put him on my desk. Still really like him

Renzo wrote: »
    What the heck is a goondom apocalypse?

best tallgeese is the tallgeese III, so my vote is for the MG talgeese III

uc3ufTB.png
    Personally I went with the MG Tallgeese. Main reason mobile suits in Wing Gundam aren't that large, for reference the Tallgeese is about as tall as Char's Zaku 2. Also the MG Tallgeese's dober gun is as large as a PG Zaku machine gun.

steam_sig.png
    This is going to be kind of out there...

Does anyone have any recommendations for a micrometer or caliper? After trying to pin my Pteras Bomber, I'm realizing that fixing my Geno Saurer is going to require me to be a bit more precise. I need to find out just how thick this pin is, and if the paper clips I bought are the right size...

Plus I've been watching a lot of This Old Tony and Wintergatan and I kind of want a precision measuring tool.

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Digital calipers should suffice.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    This is going to be kind of out there...

Does anyone have any recommendations for a micrometer or caliper? After trying to pin my Pteras Bomber, I'm realizing that fixing my Geno Saurer is going to require me to be a bit more precise. I need to find out just how thick this pin is, and if the paper clips I bought are the right size...

Plus I've been watching a lot of This Old Tony and Wintergatan and I kind of want a precision measuring tool.

These are more than you'll ever need for building model kits.

I decided I couldn't wait and picked up some at the Home Depot. They aren't left handed, but that's okay.

The pin I need to replace is 1.6mm (1/16 in). My paper clips are 1mm, and I need to figure out how thick the bits for my pin vise are. Then it's just a matter of getting a thicker paperclip...