As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] One does not simply gacha into Mordor. (LOTR starts 3/8).

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Got a dupe Garnet chain and a Zidane Arcane.

Not sure if this makes Zidane right for my Wind team. Luneth has an Arcane and a Glint, so he's fighting Bartz for a slot, with an Enwind Super and this Arcane. Maybe his trance is enough, but I have my doubts; Bartz is a true powerhouse.

If nothing else, it's a dang Arcane-class Sword with +Wind.

Enlong on
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    IX: 1/3, disco. Kuja OSB. Not bad, I'll take a 6* +dark rod!

So far:

Type-0: Ace LMR2 (+fire armor)
    Tactics: Orlandeau OSB (+holy sword, dupe)
    XV: Aranea BSB (+lightning armor)
    XIV: Minfilia USB (+holy sword)
    XIII: Sazh USB
    XII: Balthier USB1
    XI: Curilla BSB
    X: Yuna BSB1 (dupe, lol)
    IX: Kuja OSB (+dark rod)

5/9 are 6*, 2/9 are dupes, 5/9 are +element. Tiny Bee memes aside, that's pretty good.

Darklyre on
  • Options
    VargVarg Registered User regular
    Eiko LMR (dupe) - started off well but have hit a slump of dupes but hoping we all see good stuff going into the more stacked realms. Come on Vincent/Laguna/Galuf Chains ;D

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Got Mateus to a fucking magic pixel.

E: multiple times ARGHSFGDSFRBJUJCDCJJG

Jragghen on
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Marcus LMR... well this isn't half bad. I already have his USB. Seems a more reliable Imperil Wind source than Faris. But Nine seems to be better?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    FF98... Lamia's Tiara, Garnet's Legend Materia. Buff duration up. Not bad, I guess.

• Options
    Mateus's last phase seems to just be insta-kill for me. I feel like I need another set of two level 10 ice resists.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Marcus LMR

It would help if I had anything else for him

• Options
    Daily hit - Basch USB1! Sure beats his ancient SSB and Unique.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    As if to mock me for talking about my daily draw history, today the game served up Rinoa's ice brave USB on the daily draw. For many accounts that would probably be a huge cheer, but I don't know that I'm likely to ever use it ahead of Rinoa's ice chase USB. Oh well, I'll take the extra MAG, for sure.

Lol, and the very next day I got Rinoa's SSB off the daily. Sure, pile on the MAG.

• Options
    So Mateus question: How do you guys survive after getting hit with a second Savage Frostwave to put you at 6 imperil? That's what keeps doing me in.

Is it just "kill it faster"?

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Jragghen wrote: »
    So Mateus question: How do you guys survive after getting hit with a second Savage Frostwave to put you at 6 imperil? That's what keeps doing me in.

Kill it faster. Also, the next few turns aren't that bad: reflected attack, two attacks that you may need to heal between, then murder the crap out of slot 3. I try to be done with the fight by then.

If you can't go faster, another option might be to go slower in phase two, hopefully waiting out the first imperil.

Fry on
  • Options
    Jragghen wrote: »

Kill it faster. Also, the next few turns aren't that bad: reflected attack, two attacks that you may need to heal between, then murder the crap out of slot 3. I try to be done with the fight by then.

If you can't go faster, another option might be to go slower in phase two, hopefully waiting out the first imperil.

Bleh. Mine has so much randomness that I keep falling on the bell curve. If I get ABSURD doublecast luck, I'll probably fall into the "kill it faster" but I also have no real control over going slow enough, either.

Negative side of using Bartz, I guess.

I wonder if my hones are at the point where maybe using the glint would be better than en-fire Burst in terms of speed, so that could get me over the hump.

• Options
    If you have a spare slot, you could try affliction break, and hope enough imperils miss that you can get by.

• Options
    If you have a spare slot, you could try affliction break, and hope enough imperils miss that you can get by.

Doubtful.

Team:
    Mustadio: USB, Burnt Offering R4, Burning Snipe R5
    Krile: Chain, BSB (for the hell of it towards the end), Chain Firaja, Spellbend Etude
    Bartz: Glint, fBSB, OSB, LMR, Inferno Assault R5 (yes, you read that right), Bladspell Strike R3
    OK: pUSB, Entrust bot
    Elarra: USB, Box Step, Carbuncle

Krile's the only one not dived, so I've still got some stats to play with for her (although I HAVE given her max HP crystal water). OK COULD carry the affliction break (and maybe take over DEF break duties, allowing Elarra to do a MAG break, too), but there's no way I'd be able to keep up on healing in that case.

Most of the bad stuff ignores RES, so more crystal water won't help.

I'm probably just going to have to level up a second Phoenix with another level 10 ice resist inherited or something. This team, on paper, should be a shoe-in. Feeling a tad frustrated :/

• Options
    LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    IX: Quina LMR
    Send straight daily disco: Curilla USB. That seems like it will be great for the torment.

• Options
    My team was basically that, but Ignis BSB instead of Onion and Cid XIV USB instead of Bartz. Curada instead of carbuncle. Also, I put Elarra in the center spot, to give her the most meter. She can cast one USB per phase without any entrusts, which is enough for me.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Leeks wrote: »
    Send straight daily disco: Curilla USB. That seems like it will be great for the torment.

Is that the start with two bars LMR?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited March 2019
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Leeks wrote: »

Is that the start with two bars LMR?

I think getting 2 bars is Quina’s Trance from legend diving.

Edit: yeah. Well, it also gives the stat boost expected from an LM2 Trance, but Quina gets 2 bars instead of action speed.

Quina’s got 2 LMRs. One reduces action delay for 3 turns at the start of battle, and the other grants Last Stand and Major Regen at the start of battle. The use case for that second one is probably hitting Quina with something to trigger Trance as the battle starts.

If I had Quina’s Ultra, I’d definitely give that stuff a try.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Hm. Having my healer die to an overflow attack in the last phase is....sub-optimal :p Amused that nulfire can miss with affliction break.

Swapped OK and Elarra positioning, put entrust in for affliction break.

Magic pixel AGAIN.

• Options
    Discoes on parade continues!

Dupe Irvine ultra, which is actually pretty nice since it's one of like my two +fire physical weapons.

• Options
    Well hot damn. 1/3 on FFVIII: Rinoa's Earth Bubsy!

With this and her Overstrike and Arcane, she's suddenly my best Earth mage (though Maria Burst is still plenty good as a second).

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    VIII draw: Squall OSB

New for me, I'll take it.

• Options
    eh...Squall BSB (checks notes...)1? Sure I'll take more +Atk for Squall. That means I've got BSB1-3, USB2-3, AOSB and LMR enFire and en Ice. Waifu pull without even asking for it. Too bad tho, I wanted Seifer's CSB!

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    VargVarg Registered User regular
    Rinoa Ice bUSB/3 nice! Definitely now my best RoP and hopefully not done with nice pickups.

• Options
    VIII: 1/3, no disco. Zell w-cast monk LMR. Not bad!

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Producer letter did confirm 40 draw. Also Magia artifacts lucky draw dates awakenings etc. 5 mythril gift for the letter.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    "The door to the record featuring Xezat is open again! We forgot to put him on any of the relic draws, though."

• Options
    edited March 2019
    k3s2oi8309vu.jpg

Fuck yoooooooou.

My third 5* mastery, too!

Now to do it three more times, ugh.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    Sora Awakening has made that fight way, way easier and more consistent for me. Maybe you'll get lucky and pull Bartz Awakening?

• Options
    Sora Awakening has made that fight way, way easier and more consistent for me. Maybe you'll get lucky and pull Bartz Awakening?

I've got 364 mythril right now. Guessing I'll be able to do 8 pulls on banners with the mythril they throw at us (plus the one USB lucky draw).

4 of them will be on banner 3 if they don't split it.

(Two of them will be on dissidia for sephiroth because I've got the gen2 dark magic chain and seph's USB2 already so I want to have that hilarity).

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i got selphie's usb, which i'm pretty happy about.

my healer ultra situation for torment is dire, so anything is appreciated. flamed out at 71% on that one with my current team, so probably going to give it another try.

was going to wait for the healer rw and use an ice team with laguna squall rinoa, but this will probably work better anyway.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    1/3 not ice chain. Squall AOSB dupe.

• Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    FF8... Seifer's Guise. Legend Materia. Attack up moderate based on number of attacks user has... taken? So it's a counter? Or it increases the more the fight goes on?

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    KiTA wrote: »
    FF8... Seifer's Guise. Legend Materia. Attack up moderate based on number of attacks user has... taken? So it's a counter? Or it increases the more the fight goes on?

The latter, he gets a bigger Atk bonus the more he gets hit.

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    KiTA wrote: »

That one's just pretty terribly really. I'm glad I got the en-element LMR instead, those are always nice on chain users.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    It’s a relic that was built for another time, honestly.

When Seifer was first introduced, the concept for his design was a Dark Knight Tank; someone who takes damage for allies and fires back with Dark abilities that drain health. His first Burst works around this idea by giving him a unique version of the non-elemental damage-reflection shield that is able to do more damage to the enemy than he actually took.

Unfortunately, the game has largely turned away from letting you redirect enemy attacks to a tank.

• Options
    Don't discount that LMR. I have a similar one for Gladio and he takes so much damage during the 5* magicite fight that he caps out. I wish I could get his Chain because man Seifer has a pretty interesting toolkit. Party Instacast with his USB, Radiant Shield with his BSB...before I got TGC and Cloud's USB he helped me out a bunch.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Another daily disco - Lulu USB2! Very nice since I lack ice and water magic, but I don't know if it's worth throwing Rosetta Stones at it since no one else can use it.

Darklyre on
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Will it be Lulu’s best weapon if you do? And will you be using her a lot with it?

I only use Tidus’s +water USB Blitzball on him, but he’s so good with it that I’m OK with that.

Similarly, I put resources into Lann’s BSB Weapon because of how good it is for the few Fire Sharpshooters I employ.

Enlong on
This discussion has been closed.