As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Anthem] Death from Above ! and Sideways ! sometimes even from Below !

• Options
    SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    Do note that if you do quickplay and it ends up in a Legendary contract, it’ll consider that contract completed for the day.

So it is best to do your Legendary contracts as quickly as possible, because if you quickplay later that day, every legendary contract is as if you are doing an extra contract.

Didn’t the legendary contracts unlock after the completing the second cycle of missions for the contractgiver? (Like Need to Know 2, and the thingies of Raban Maur, and the Diggs storyline?)

I basically pick up my legendary Yarrow contract when I boot up the game, start it, and after it use the Launchbay to run towards the board to pick up all the other contracts.

Yeah, if you haven't finished the three faction's contract quests you won't be able to get the daily legendaries. Maybe you haven't finished Brin's questline yet?

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Simpsonia wrote: »
    Do note that if you do quickplay and it ends up in a Legendary contract, it’ll consider that contract completed for the day.

So it is best to do your Legendary contracts as quickly as possible, because if you quickplay later that day, every legendary contract is as if you are doing an extra contract.

Didn’t the legendary contracts unlock after the completing the second cycle of missions for the contractgiver? (Like Need to Know 2, and the thingies of Raban Maur, and the Diggs storyline?)

I basically pick up my legendary Yarrow contract when I boot up the game, start it, and after it use the Launchbay to run towards the board to pick up all the other contracts.

Yeah, if you haven't finished the three faction's contract quests you won't be able to get the daily legendaries. Maybe you haven't finished Brin's questline yet?

Agent Quest tab in the cortex lists nothing unfinished for me.

• Options
    Phoenix138Phoenix138 ArizonaRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Phoenix138 wrote: »
    Are they offering any mission at all? If they’re offering a normal mission they’ll then offer the legendary mission as soon as you except the regular one. Other non-bugged possibility is the mission has already been accepted but isn’t immediately apparent on the map because Brin’s mission is in the top left corner.

I have a daily legendary from Yarrow. Sometimes from Matthias. Brin has nothing, not even regular contracts.

Apologies in advance for the stupid question but just to be safe, nothing appears for you when you go to change mission and pan to this part of the map?
    x5q7jxyq6mvw.jpeg

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Are they offering any mission at all? If they’re offering a normal mission they’ll then offer the legendary mission as soon as you except the regular one. Other non-bugged possibility is the mission has already been accepted but isn’t immediately apparent on the map because Brin’s mission is in the top left corner.

I have a daily legendary from Yarrow. Sometimes from Matthias. Brin has nothing, not even regular contracts.

Apologies in advance for the stupid question but just to be safe, nothing appears for you when you go to change mission and pan to this part of the map?
    x5q7jxyq6mvw.jpeg

Nope, nothing there.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Have you completed all Critical Path missions, mainly Emerald Abyss?

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options

x5q7jxyq6mvw.jpeg

Nope, nothing there.

Sorry i got nothing then. As long as you’ve completed the other story missions that sounds like a bug.

• Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Finally got my first two legendaries tonight doing GM1 Tyrant Mine on my Storm. Once in each of two runs and 5 or 6 masterworks. A good haul overall for 45 minutes of play time.

Once I get my Storm masterworked I can start on actually playing and gearing up my chonky boi and Ranger.

My Interceptor has been tearing it up on GM2 with my full melee/poison build. It's definitely harder than GM1 but it's not the cakewalk that GM1 was. In other words, with my build, it feels good.

Cormac on
    Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Did a few quick play strongholds (basically just running the monitor on repeat) and I noticed that the lightning from my marksman rifle did approx 3-4K on normal mobs, but hits the monitor for 12k, except for the last phase where it does 0 (cause he is immune to electricity). This is why the scaling system sucks. How is that going to be represented in a stats sheet?

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    KafkaAU wrote: »
    Did a few quick play strongholds (basically just running the monitor on repeat) and I noticed that the lightning from my marksman rifle did approx 3-4K on normal mobs, but hits the monitor for 12k, except for the last phase where it does 0 (cause he is immune to electricity). This is why the scaling system sucks. How is that going to be represented in a stats sheet?

It's not; a stats sheet would display your stats, not the effect of those stats as modified by a mob and its attributes. So you'd have damage from a weapon/gear, then the combined effects of your other gear on those numbers. I'd never expect those numbers to be the exact amount of damage dealt.

• Options
    I guess it’s possible he takes 400% damage from electricity in his first 2 phases. Feel like that would be quite handy to know though.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Do you expect a manual?
    Bahahahahahh

Hahaha....

Ha.....

:(

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    So I got Tip of the Spear (restore health on Combo) and Siege Breaker (3 shots freeze and prime target) and that's been really nice.

What I want to know, however, is if the masterwork Spark Beam (detonates fire explosion on target after three hits) also procs Tip of the Spear. Google hasn't revealed anything either way, unless I'm missing something.

• Options
    No, the detonation isn’t a combo.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Finally seeing some consistently improved drop rate and it's making the game much less frustrating. I guess their "several hours" for servers to get the loot update was closer to a day.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular

Yo need to have all the side missions complete to get legendary contracts, but that's the only requirement. I do get three every day, so that is confirmed.
    Definitely if they have any regulars, pick those up and do them. Also yeah, if you're quickplaying a lot you may be getting the daily done without knowing. YOu're alowed to get the guaranteed drop from other people's legendary contracts though, so it's always better to get + do yours first, then join other people.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    evilbob wrote: »
    Finally seeing some consistently improved drop rate and it's making the game much less frustrating. I guess their "several hours" for servers to get the loot update was closer to a day.

18 is several! :rotate:

• Options
    KafkaAU wrote: »

Were you playing on a Storm? Thunderbolt of Yvenia is broken on Storms and the proc does about 25% of the damage it's supposed to if you're on a Storm. Works fine on the other 3 classes. Could just be un-bugged for the Monitor, which is weird, but not weirder than a weapon's proc being broken for a single javelin but not others.

• Options
    ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    I have seen the light of Voltaic Dome and it's electro freezy explody goodness. This thiccow is pleased. Also holy hell I see what people were saying about how just simply slotting in a MW item over an epic item, regardless of the stats makes such a massive difference in survivability and power. I've been getting a steady stream of MW components, but all of their stats are ATROCIOUS, like +3% Armor and 15% increased thruster life as their only two stats kind of garbage. But holy hell GM1 has now become a breeze. My Autocannon doesn't hit as hard as it used to, but with my Voltaic Dome and Ground slam, I'm basically face tanking entire hordes of mobs without even thinking about it. I mean hell I gave up a god roll Epic Armor component that only had 811 armor, but had +26% additional damage as part of it for a MW Ablative Armor Component with +26% acid damage and 10% ammo drops.

...I think it helps that each MW component for Colossuses add like 10k+ armor for each one probably has something to do with it.

Plus I finally got my first legendary Acid Launcher, Soylent Green which just having it equipped does +200% more combo damage and things basically melt before I can whip out the Fist of Straal. S'pretty good! Now I just need to upgrade my weapons as I'm severely gimped at longer ranges which makes certain scenarios more dicey than I'd like (looking at you ToS final boss)

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Holy fucking shit....

started a contract as gm2
    normally not a problem at all, good enough challenge

welp, NO ONE joins my game
    I sludge through it for a whole hour, running out of ammo, going melee vs like 4 elites or whatever

an hour later I'm at what I think is the last section but there are 4 waves of new enemies that keep spawning
    I kill them and just... I'm exhausted

another wave shows up with those teleporting guys who have insane shields... yeah I can't... the sentinels helping me are useless (one was actually waving at the enemy)

then all of a sudden 3 randos join my game and we finish up that last big fight

holy shit.... 1.5 hr contract
    >.<'

oh, and a single mw
    -_-'

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    Welp, it's starting to look like average party iLVL is affecting quite a bit more than we thought. There are theories that it affects the %health damage taken from enemies, but now there's also some testing that shows it might affect your quality of loot. https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGame/comments/b2ixlz/drop_quality_is_linked_to_group_average_item_level/
    Testing notes: We ran 4 GM FreePlay runs, each about an hour and 15 minutes long. Each member aimed to be within 10% of 90% Luck.

Run 1 (All grouped): 6 Masterworks, 0 leg. Group average: 5 Masterworks, 0.25 legendaries

Run 2 (All grouped): 4 Masterworks, 1 leg. Group average: 5 Masterworks, 0.5 legendaries

Run 3 (Myself Solo): 18 masterworks, 3 legendaries. 3 player Group average: 5 Masterworks, 0.25 legendaries.

Run 4 (Myself Solo, group increased Item level): 20 Masteworks, 3 legendaries. 3 player gruop average: 14 Masterworks, 2 legendaries.

Now the sample size is low, and RNG gonna RNG, but I would say it looks like there is at least some correlation here to investigate further.

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Found a good solution to my current OP weapon / weak gear situation... Ranger.

Shotgun the hell out of everything, whack-a-mole primed enemies, and club em myself if I have to. The Ranger's combo bonus more than balances out the otherwise low damage on nades and missiles.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    Also is the trick to unlock the Masterwork pattern of your weapons still working?

I think it goes something along the lines of:

1) Damage an enemy (has to be legendary/elite I think?) with a masterwork (any masterwork)
    2) Switch to the epic pattern of the gun you want the masterwork recipe of.
    3) Kill the enemy with the epic version of that gun? Or you just have to damage it and then it has to die?

Repeat until you profit? Etc?

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Also is the trick to unlock the Masterwork pattern of your weapons still working?

1) Damage an enemy (has to be legendary/elite I think?) with a masterwork (any masterwork)
    3) Kill the enemy with the epic version of that gun? Or you just have to damage it and then it has to die?

I think its the other way around, you do damage with the epic and then finish it with the masterwork, it worked for me like a week ago? The only thing this method doesn't give you is the codex entry so if you care about gun lore you're losing out...

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »

I think its the other way around, you do damage with the epic and then finish it with the masterwork, it worked for me like a week ago? The only thing this method doesn't give you is the codex entry so if you care about gun lore you're losing out...

Ahh ok thanks. I'm desperate for an endless siege and I figure this might be the way to do it. While I love my fist of straal, I hate how the spread worsens the longer you hold down the trigger. My Voltaic Dome/Smashy Boi setup kinda gimps me for longer ranges so I'd love the tighter accuracy of the Endless Siege.

• Options

This works for some guns but not others (no idea why). What I found was that order doesn't matter as much, just damage with a masterwork and the epic you want, then let someone else finish it off. Letting someone else finish it off was the important part.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I like the buffs to Wind Wall and Dome Shield...they're actually useful now.

Still would like MW support slots though.

• Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    So question can you do Legendary contracts for all 3 main quest givers in one day?

Each one has a quest per day yeah?

...and what do I need to do to get those? One day I had two legendary contracts. Always just the one otherwise.

No new missions from Matthias/Brin for me to do.

Basically do any outstanding contracts with them or side quest stuff. You don't get their legendary until you have completed all of their stuff. Also if you have done this and see only the orange contract option go up take that contract sometimes you need to do that to force the legendary to appear. I get that a couple times a week.

• Options
    Welp, it's starting to look like average party iLVL is affecting quite a bit more than we thought. There are theories that it affects the %health damage taken from enemies, but now there's also some testing that shows it might affect your quality of loot. https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGame/comments/b2ixlz/drop_quality_is_linked_to_group_average_item_level/
    Testing notes: We ran 4 GM FreePlay runs, each about an hour and 15 minutes long. Each member aimed to be within 10% of 90% Luck.

Run 1 (All grouped): 6 Masterworks, 0 leg. Group average: 5 Masterworks, 0.25 legendaries

Run 2 (All grouped): 4 Masterworks, 1 leg. Group average: 5 Masterworks, 0.5 legendaries

Run 3 (Myself Solo): 18 masterworks, 3 legendaries. 3 player Group average: 5 Masterworks, 0.25 legendaries.

Run 4 (Myself Solo, group increased Item level): 20 Masteworks, 3 legendaries. 3 player gruop average: 14 Masterworks, 2 legendaries.

Now the sample size is low, and RNG gonna RNG, but I would say it looks like there is at least some correlation here to investigate further.

fwiw, the haul from my 3 solo legendary contracts on GM1 today with a 711 level interceptor was 0 mw/legendaries outside of the guaranteed mw. an even smaller sample size of course but i'm leaning towards RNG being RNG.

• Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular

fwiw, the haul from my 3 solo legendary contracts on GM1 today with a 711 level interceptor was 0 mw/legendaries outside of the guaranteed mw. an even smaller sample size of course but i'm leaning towards RNG being RNG.

tbh I wouldn't rule out some strange bug, the game certainly has had other weird bugs affect things so far.

With that being said, RNG gonna RNG and doing 4 runs total doesn't prove anything.

• Options

I don't think contracts would count for the hypothesis here, nor would strongholds, as that is essentially counted as a forced group (thus still being avg party iLVL). Per the post, only in freeplay can you enter, and remove yourself from the forced group, but remain in the session. So the only way to really test is have both a full party of full leggos for contract/stronghold testing, or further 'ungrouped' freeplay testing.

• Options
    Second legendary last night. The worst ranger component that buffs melee. And it rolled awful. All I want is a weapon with decent +dmg so GM2 isn’t such a bullet sponge!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    A question, if I may. I think I'm kind of stuck. I have no contracts, no missions, and nobody to talk to in town. The only things I can do it the one Stronghold, Freeplay, and the tomb quests in Freeplay. Is the game waiting for me to find all the tombs and open them or is it bugged and stuck on Tyrant Mines? I didn't know there were requirements to getting into the tombs, and the one i found I had to do some more public events, but I haven't been able to finish one of those on my own yet. Actually ran out of ammo fighting some Scar earlier.

• Options
    Yea you need to find the tombs and complete all their challenges to unlock them.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    My first MW dropped tonight
    znnvfmsk8r5h.png

It's a start!
    And I was just backfilling missions as the slicin'Dicin' robutt, so i'm hoping when i take my Storm into Stringholds, things will get real interesting.

sig.gif
  • Options

Ahh ok thanks. I'm desperate for an endless siege and I figure this might be the way to do it. While I love my fist of straal, I hate how the spread worsens the longer you hold down the trigger. My Voltaic Dome/Smashy Boi setup kinda gimps me for longer ranges so I'd love the tighter accuracy of the Endless Siege.

Accuracy is... Relative. That thing's got recoil/muzzle climb like you wouldn't believe, and one hell of a spinup. I've found that "point and hose" is the way to go.

• Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    Krieghund wrote: »
    A question, if I may. I think I'm kind of stuck. I have no contracts, no missions, and nobody to talk to in town. The only things I can do it the one Stronghold, Freeplay, and the tomb quests in Freeplay. Is the game waiting for me to find all the tombs and open them or is it bugged and stuck on Tyrant Mines? I didn't know there were requirements to getting into the tombs, and the one i found I had to do some more public events, but I haven't been able to finish one of those on my own yet. Actually ran out of ammo fighting some Scar earlier.
    You are now in the Freeplay phase of the storyline.
    Best you can do is go to Cortex > Challenges > Freeplay and track the 4 challenges, so that you can easily see what things you still need to do.

And if world events (or multikills) are too hard to solo, don’t be ashamed if you do that freeplay bit on easy.
    Last week with the Beasts in the Wild mini-event there were a lot of events where you had to defend a spot while being assaulted by 20 brutes and later an ursix, and those were tough!

And yes, Scar Hunters, and Dominion/Outlaw Elementalists (= Storm javelins) are real bastards which deal out quite a bit of damage and have really quick regeneration of their shields. Best grab a shotgun or LMG along for those.

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    GM2 strongholds are "exciting", and Elite Scar Hunters have far, far, far too much health. They really shouldn't be able to eat a full siege cannon to the face and still be at > 50% HP.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    HerrCron wrote: »
    My first MW dropped tonight
    znnvfmsk8r5h.png

It's a start!
    And I was just backfilling missions as the slicin'Dicin' robutt, so i'm hoping when i take my Storm into Stringholds, things will get real interesting.

I use the legendary of this for my main zap and slam colossus it's good

• Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »

Accuracy is... Relative. That thing's got recoil/muzzle climb like you wouldn't believe, and one hell of a spinup. I've found that "point and hose" is the way to go.

The selling point for Endless Siege is the +100% damage +100% magazine size though. I find that makes it vastly outmatch any of the other autocannons.

• Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    Cobalt60 wrote: »
    dporowski wrote: »

The selling point for Endless Siege is the +100% damage +100% magazine size though. I find that makes it vastly outmatch any of the other autocannons.
    Yeah, when I got Fist of Stral after my Endless Siege, I thought “Hang on, lower base damage, smaller mag, and max +50% damage?”

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius