As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] One does not simply gacha into Mordor. (LOTR starts 3/8).

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Will it be Lulu’s best weapon if you do? And will you be using her a lot with it?

I only use Tidus’s +water USB Blitzball on him, but he’s so good with it that I’m OK with that.

Similarly, I put resources into Lann’s BSB Weapon because of how good it is for the few Fire Sharpshooters I employ.

Good point. Lulu with her USB2 is pretty much my best water mage by default, or at least tied with Strago and Vivi.

• Options
    LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    1/3 Edea AOSB. That's a solid hit.

The Quina LMR I got was the last stand/major regen one.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Will it be Lulu’s best weapon if you do? And will you be using her a lot with it?

I only use Tidus’s +water USB Blitzball on him, but he’s so good with it that I’m OK with that.

Similarly, I put resources into Lann’s BSB Weapon because of how good it is for the few Fire Sharpshooters I employ.

I have three separate, non-combinable 6* water blitzballs. I think I have augmented two of them.

(I will probably end up fielding all three whenever I get around to taking a serious crack at the X Torment)

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    So...I just realized. Only one Torment to go right?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I need to start working on my Torment teams.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    I was wondering, where will we get future 5* motes? Crystal Tower every now and then?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    I was wondering, where will we get future 5* motes? Crystal Tower every now and then?

Crystal Tower will continue to be one method.

Before too much longer, we should start getting JP's "Mirage" battles. Seems like they come and go about every two weeks. Those battles come in three difficulties (180, 260, and 350), have rules similar to Torment dungeons, and feature partial completion rewards like the Torments do. The rewards include crystals, 5* motes, tier 3 Anima Lenses, and previously-exclusive-to-Torment Rubies.

edit: after a little more research on the Mirage battles. There was a "beta" period of a few months, where the Mirage battles were once per month, with much lower rewards (no Rubies, for instance). They just came out of beta this month, seem to have gone to a two week schedule, and cranked up the rewards quite a bit.

edit 2: actually, looks like Crystal Tower dungeons might be going away when Mirage battles show up? Boo, I enjoyed setting up teams for Crystal Towers.

Fry on
  • Options
    Oh noes...I loved the Crystal Tower. I mean, I remember when clearing one was impossible and now steamrolling them feels so badass. Oh well.

• Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    Or these torment dungeons expected to go away? I haven't started clearing them yet because I wanted to finish 4* magicites first.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Artereis wrote: »
    Or these torment dungeons expected to go away? I haven't started clearing them yet because I wanted to finish 4* magicites first.

You have at least 6 months to clear them. They're still active in Japan.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Some good stuff in the producer letter. Magia is indeed coming with this fest, legendary weapons coming but TBD, Record Dungeon Redux but with regular parties. Luckies start on Friday, and at least one free 40 draw with 2 guaranteed discos

Also, and I didn't know this was a thing in JP, but we get a Vivi jump rope game, that rewards his USB2 if you get above a certain amount.

Javen on
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    JP had the Vivi game, apparently its pretty hard.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Torments are not only sticking around, but at some point should add rewards for 90% 80% etc, too.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I haven't heard of these mirage battles, do they also stick around or are they one time chances for motes?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »
    I haven't heard of these mirage battles, do they also stick around or are they one time chances for motes?

Unclear. As of now, they have been disappearing after their duration, but there's some speculation that they may come back, the way event-related Jump Start battles did.

• Options
    So I went through my sheet and had it split things up based on realm, and holy shit am I light on FFXV. I have Noctis USB, AOSB, LMR, and Iris BSB and LMR. Gonna need to find some more 15 banners to pull on.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Torments are not only sticking around, but at some point should add rewards for 90% 80% etc, too.

Are the rewards retroactive if we've already cleared?

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Oh. Sarah (I) LMR today on the daily draw. Chance to chase Bard with medica. Not bad if you have her BUSB and are spamming bard skills anyway.

• Options
    Lol, also, still didn't have anything for Aerith, so I decided to give the 15 myth pull on FF7, and got Yuffie's AOSB. Not what I wanted, but also not going to turn my nose up at it.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Brody wrote: »
    So I went through my sheet and had it split things up based on realm, and holy shit am I light on FFXV. I have Noctis USB, AOSB, LMR, and Iris BSB and LMR. Gonna need to find some more 15 banners to pull on.

15 is a small realm. Do a few fest lucky draws plus the discounted full throttle draw and you might end up with most of the stuff.
    Javen wrote: »

Yes.

silence1186 on
  • Options

15 is a small realm. Do a few fest lucky draws plus the discounted full throttle draw and you might end up with most of the stuff.
    Javen wrote: »

Yes.

More specifically, ONLY if you've cleared.

If you made it to 53% once, you don't get the rewards, because it didn't store that you made it to 53% - you've got to cross 50% at least once.

Once the new tiers are present, if you get to 53% again, you'll get your stuff.

• Options
    Got to 4 copies of Mateus hooray!

• Options
    edited March 2019
    oh! The fest is so close! Somehow I thought it would be on April. I used to avoid the OSB, LMR Luckys but I think I'm gonna pull this time around. I mean, I just want something that can reliably break Rage modes.

lionheart_m on
  • Options
    What changed your mind on the luckies?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    I don't really (gasp) need USBs at this point. Well, I'd rather we get a Lucky CSB pull. Then again, I should just go all in Awakenings.

• Options
    LMR I'm kinda in the camp where I've gotten most of the really nice to have ones (arbitrary dualcast ones would be nice, but 25% odds is too low to actually model a team around).

OSB I feel like isn't worth it unless you don't have TGCid or Bartz (the former because it's kinda a USB disguised as an OSB, the latter because it's got 4 element coverage).

If they tossed Arcanes into the OSB one, I'd do that again.

• Options
    I don't really (gasp) need USBs at this point. Well, I'd rather we get a Lucky CSB pull. Then again, I should just go all in Awakenings.

Oh I thought you were saying you were going to pull on luckies.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    The initial quickcast or instant cast LMRs are pretty nice for some support characters that need to get mitigation up ASAP. Tyro, OK, Ramza, Rikku, Ignis, Quina, and Minfilia can get some good mileage out of them.

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Wow Hecatoncheir really feels tuned to either Cloud USB1 or AOSB's. I get straight up deleted as soon as I enter phase 3 every time, even though it's easy going up till then. Tried two healers but I don't even get to cast anything once I enter that phase.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    I pulled on the last LMR lucky, but I think I've come around and I'm going to try not to pull on this one. There are just so many bad or marginal LMRs. Most likely any new items I got off the LMR lucky would just be adding a bad dupe for me to some later draw. And a decent number of the good LMRs I'll be able to pick up over time with Anima Lenses (hopefully).

Plus, LMRs have strongly diminishing returns, in that you can only ever equip two LMs per character. Many characters have at least one LM in their legend sphere that's pretty good, so they only need one LMR to be completely loaded.

Re: OSB lucky. I think it's pretty hard to successfully use OSBs to keep 5* magicites out of rage mode. IMO it's better to throw all your mythril at getting a chain for each element, and let your magicite break the rage mode for you. Of course, I have the luxury of having chains for most elements...

• Options
    Yeah, I have one Awakening, and luckily it matches my one chain, but w/o a chain to pair with it, its not any better than most USB's.

• Options
    Yeah, I have one Awakening, and luckily it matches my one chain, but w/o a chain to pair with it, its not any better than most USB's.

Some of that is hones.

Doublecast USBs are great. But you REALLY need to have the abilities to R5 in order to use them because you burn through ability uses.

Awakenings don't have that limitation, because hones turn infinite, but you instantly get a 30% buff to the ability type too due to ability boost.

If you have your hones at (say) R3, you're only getting a 15% boost. R5 is 30% boost. So they're a definite step up from USBs in that regard (except for maybe like...Minwu, which has doublecast and ability boost). But you're right that they become absolutely broken in tandem with chains.

• Options
    See and that's why I'm not keen on pulling on the USB lucky. Most elements I've got covered by now. I'd rather pull on either an Element focused banner or a Realm specific banner (T0 and 3 right now). I think the only thing I need to help with my clears is a bunch of gen 2 chains. Let's see I'm missing:

Wind Chain
    Holy Chain
    Dark Chain
    Earth Chain (but don't really care since I already cleared this magicite).

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Even if I had a hundred USBs, I'd still pull on a USB lucky. Because you never know if 101 is the kick-ass one you've always been missing, or some hidden gem that you never realized you were missing.

I think I'm also gonna skip the LMR and OSB ones this time, however.

Edit: oh hey, I have 100 USBs (if I count Bubsy's), here's hoping for lucky 101 soon

Elderlycrawfish on
  • Options
    Does Rinoa's glint also boost witch? The whole BLK and black magic being technically different is annoying.

• Options
    We are so lucky that wrong type chains still work. I’d be dead in the water otherwise.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited March 2019
    See and that's why I'm not keen on pulling on the USB lucky. Most elements I've got covered by now. I'd rather pull on either an Element focused banner or a Realm specific banner (T0 and 3 right now). I think the only thing I need to help with my clears is a bunch of gen 2 chains. Let's see I'm missing:

Wind Chain
    Holy Chain
    Dark Chain
    Earth Chain (but don't really care since I already cleared this magicite).

You CAN clear with no chains. I made it through without lightning or water. It's just a pain in the ass.

My problem is that the chains I DO have are all gen1, except for a single gen2 (which is Dark, so no magicite usage yet).

Anyway, had enough arcana to get my Mateus to 99 already, so started looking ahead to Typhon (since my chain is Rinoa). Still have to finish with inheritance fodder, but I'm not even done with fire for that yet, so whatever.

First post in the mastery survey: I have literally everything except Vivi USB, but I've got Palom USB, and the clear is apparently sometimes sub-30. So...that's convenient!

Jragghen on
  • Options
    Yeah this week instead of farming Famfrit I'm just catching up on a bunch of events I haven't done yet. And starting to prep a team for FFIII torment aka lots of Vitality Motes.

• Options
    Man, these elite FFT dungeons are a pain in the ass.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Does Rinoa's glint also boost witch? The whole BLK and black magic being technically different is annoying.

I think I asked this question once in the Reddit, and got back the answer that most everything Rinoa does (LM1, LM2, Glint, Burst effects) only work on actual Black Magic spells. Which is a pretty sharp limitation. However, I think I’d suggest asking there yourself if you can; best to get a second opinion just in case.

This discussion has been closed.