As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Apex Legends] Battle Royale from the makers of Titanfall. High OCTANE gameplay!

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Yeah came across 2 more hackers tonight, one of them was a Gibraltar who zoomed off at super speed when I even looked at his direction, and closed 100 meters from ground to supply ship in like 10 seconds

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Okay so I'm not seeing it but, while I know there are options of converting incoming speech to text and vice versa, are there any options to turn your outdoing speech into text? Because that would encourage me to use my mic more.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    WhittledownWhittledown Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Definitely had a hacker in my last game. One player wiped my squad. I went from 200hp to dead in a second of distant AR fire. Sounded like a 99.

Whittledown on
    DRCdHs6.jpg?1
  • Options
    dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    Haven't played in over a week because hacking really bothers me. The game is still fun even WITH the hackers, but I just don't feel like they're doing enough about it.

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    For some reason I find the absence of the battle pass really paralyzing - I don't even want to play games that won't contribute to it. So I've been sitting here for weeks waiting to get back into Apex but still no sign of the patch yet.

• Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I haven't played in a couple weeks because I am waiting for them to deal with the cheaters enough that I don't need to worry about being killed because someone was cheating but they actually killed me because I suck. Sometimes it is hard to tell the difference.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    dispatch.o wrote: »
    Haven't played in over a week because hacking really bothers me. The game is still fun even WITH the hackers, but I just don't feel like they're doing enough about it.

Forgive my console-player ignorance but what else should they be doing? They're saying publicly that they've banned tens of thousands of accounts for cheating, is there a technical solution they've missed?

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Just had an insanely fun game with some randoms. They start off the game talking shit about me dropping hot zones, "I hate when other people get Jumpmaster, look he's hotdropping, we're already dead" (to which I said "I can hear you" and they stopped talking for a while). No one else drops hot zone so we clean up. All blue armor, I get an R99 and a Hemlok (easily my new favorite load out). We proceed to win a few fights, run up on a team after they finish a fight and steal their stuff.

Circle is ending towards Skull Town. The randoms surprise me by listening and following my idea to get there first, since I've been hitting beacons the whole game and pinging Ziplines. I set up a nice zipline system around the bones and we hold the rooftops. See a team run onto the roof, so we attack. I swing over and decimate two of them with the R99. Last guy runs, but we hunt him down. Another team is below us, one of the randies takes one of them down. I Spider-Man around the building for a flank, knock the shields off their second guy as he tries to get up the first. My team mobs them and we're all looted up, purple armor and tons of ammo.

Last 3 teams left, and the other two teams are fighting. We leave Skull Town to see what's up, getting on a rock overlooking the final circle. Last team wipes the 3rd team, so it's just us and them. I see a random Wraith running towards us, to use the Respawn Beacon. We open up on her as she tries to call in, we swarm her and take her down. with only one enemy left, we sweep the area and take down the lone Bloodhound.

My final kill count was 7 and one of the randoms had 0

"Well, that was embarrassing" says random as I back out silently

• Options
    dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Peen wrote: »

Forgive my console-player ignorance but what else should they be doing? They're saying publicly that they've banned tens of thousands of accounts for cheating, is there a technical solution they've missed?

There isn't even a way of reporting someone.

Edit: Ultimately it wont matter. It's free to play and people will always just make a new account if they're that dedicated. I've run in to quite a few who have obviously been at it a while though.

dispatch.o on
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    I can't count the number of times I've been in the top 3 but never able to cinch the deal. One day I'll get a win.

Also can't believe how many times I've been in the top 5 before Round 1 has even completed. How many box graveyards were out on those maps?

• Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Oh, last night I came across a player who actually quit on purpose before the drop (said "nope" and "have fun faggots" and immediately disconnected afterwards), probably because we didn't have huge big-dick numbers like he did, and that really made me want a report function real quick

The game is fun in spite of its current state, not because of it. It's like the functionality usually supporting the core gameplay just doesn't exist

• Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    I've been trying hard to try get the Double Duty badge on Wraith after lucking into it on Mirage a week or so ago.

So after a lot of wins where I wasn't the champion as well as losing when I was I finally pulled it off tonight.

This match was pretty damn nutty:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50fTgI30K9I

Video picks up just after my first kill. Prior we had been looting pretty much alone since the drop starting at Wetlands and slowly moving through and towards Cascades. Last 5:20, 17 players left (14 if you remove my squad) and I killed 11 of those to win. And it was super fucking close at the end with both of my teammates getting wiped out.

Probably the most happy I've been post-win.

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Jesus, there are more than twice as many kills in that video as there are minutes.

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »

There isn't even a way of reporting someone.

Edit: Ultimately it wont matter. It's free to play and people will always just make a new account if they're that dedicated. I've run in to quite a few who have obviously been at it a while though.

IIRC the bans they issue are tied not just to account, but IP address and HWID. Skilled hackers can spoof all of those, but that's going to stop the majority of casual hackers.

My biggest problem with the game is it seems like every few matches I get absurd lag. Sometimes it evens out after the drop but more often I just struggle for a minute and then die.

• Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    Stasis wrote: »
    I just watched someone drop to the supply ship at like 6x speed, so I dropped somewhere else, and then got squad wiped by an aimbot. I think I'll take a break for a little bit.
    Campy wrote: »
    Is there a way to avoid melee attack in this game once someone is coming at you, or is it like Titanfall and it's auto hit?
    Melee seems super finicky, so jumping, sliding, and zig-zagging should help avoid the hits.

I typically think manage quite fast drops and saw someone way further infront of me than I thought even a bad one of my drops would allow.
    It definitely crossed my mind that they might be speed hacking on the drop.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
  • Options
    ScudMuffinScudMuffin MarylandRegistered User regular
    Much excite

XBL: Scud FTW
    PSN: ScudMuffin
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Yeah I think I'm gonna stick to PS4. I'm just better here than on PC. aka: I'm getting the battle pass on PS4.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    https://www.ea.com/games/apex-legends/battle-pass

There's nothing too exciting in the battle pass, but it's fine for what it is. If you're hesitant, feel free to wait and see.
    What happens if I buy my Battle Pass late in the season?

You’ll receive all the rewards up to your Battle Pass level (which is your current level for the season) retroactively! For example, if you’re on level 20 for the season when you buy the Battle Pass, you’ll unlock all rewards for every level up to 20, plus three special Battle Pass skins.

I noticed there are 11 "Season 1 Kills" trackers, which makes me expect three new legends this season.

• Options
    DisrupterDisrupter Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Interesting it lists lifeline Bangalore and octane twice? But no gibalter?

Kinda disappointed in the pass but I’ll buy it anyway. I’m shocked they don’t have just a normal win counter?

And three new legends would be perfect because it would allow folks to be able to try a new legend every match instead of a huge fight for octane

Disrupter on
    616610-1.png
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Kinda looks like you earn Octane at Level 50 of the Battlepass? But maybe it's just a skin that they've overemphasized for whatever reason.

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    Kinda looks like you earn Octane at Level 50 of the Battlepass? But maybe it's just a skin that they've overemphasized for whatever reason.

I think the level 48 reward is an Octane skin. They previously said that all legends will be available to all players, Season Pass is just extra cosmetic stuff.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    950 coins for the season pass

Hit lvl 100 and you get 1000 coins

Seems like a good deal if you play a lot, since you can just leverage this into getting the next season free.

• Options
    Um honestly, the rewards seem really stingy to me. Yeah it's ten bucks, but the S1 kill tracker is one level per character? Every fifth level is nothing but the level indicator we already had for free? This seems like less than the rewards we were getting for free from 1-100.

• Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    really hope the battle pass income goes to hiring more asset artists, because all the skins in the battle pass are really disappointing

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Apparently the lv 100 Havoc Skin Eyes begin to glow and the nostrils emit smoke as you get more kills during a match.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Zek wrote: »
    Um honestly, the rewards seem really stingy to me. Yeah it's ten bucks, but the S1 kill tracker is one level per character? Every fifth level is nothing but the level indicator we already had for free? This seems like less than the rewards we were getting for free from 1-100.

The level indicators are new level indicators just for that season. To show off your current season level now and in the future.

Some quotes from Devs in the reddit thread regarding rewards
    The full rewards are:

1000 Apex Coins
    Apex's first ever 3-stage Evolving Legendary Weapon Skin (Havoc)
    Exclusive Epic PDW weapon skin
    Legendary Apex Pack with Guaranteed 1+ Legendary
    Epic Apex Pack with Guaranteed 1+ Epic
    5 standard Apex Packs...
    Player level and Battle Pass level are completely independent and don't impact each other. Player Level ain't goin' anywhere :)
    The 18 trackers are in the free rewards track. The paid rewards have 100 other rewards (9 of which are trackers)

Regarding Apex packs
    You'll be able to earn 5 more via the battle pass free track. And if you purchase the premium battle pass you can get another 5 standard, 1 epic and 1 legendary.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    very weak imo

still buying it

Steam ID
  • Options
    Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    I measured my mouse travel for a 180 in Apex, compared to Overwatch, it was almost exactly half. Dropped my sensitivity in apex from 3 to 1.5 as a result.

I swear it feels like I got twice as good at this game.

(I'm still bad)

Monkey Ball Warrior on
    "I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • Options
    Yeah it just isn't very interesting. It feels like merely a continuation of the progression we have right now, which was already kind of boring. That stops at 100, so then you pay the battlepass fee to make it continue. But most F2P games don't have a hard cutoff where you can't get anything for free anymore.

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    I measured my mouse travel for a 180 in Apex, compared to Overwatch, it was almost exactly half. Dropped my sensitivity in apex from 3 to 1.5 as a result.

I swear it feels like I got twice as good at this game.

(I'm still bad)

That's pretty much exactly what I did, and my results were similar.
    I, also, am still bad, but that means sometimes I get a kill!

• Options
    I have literally never opened any of my packs past the first 10 because Overwatch burned me into complete apathy for loot boxes and I find Apex's overall visual design (although the characters themselves to be super cool) not compelling at all to be worth spending time or money on

• Options
    I've stockpiled my last 10 apex packs. I may keep doing that until they're more stuff that I actually want to roll the dice for (come on, make some legendary Pathfinder skins I'll actually like!)

Steam ID
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty happy with all the cosmetics I have for all my characters, so I'm stockpiling mine as well.

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    I've stockpiled my last 10 apex packs. I may keep doing that until they're more stuff that I actually want to roll the dice for (come on, make some legendary Pathfinder skins I'll actually like!)

I don’t know about Apex specifically, but many games with these kinds of loot boxes actually roll the results when you earn/buy them, not when you open them

• Options
    So wait, we can pickup the season pass for free with which currency?

• Options
    Ratsult2Ratsult2 Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    So wait, we can pickup the season pass for free with which currency?

No, you only unlock the real money coins rewards with a paid season pass. It does let you earn enough real money coins to get the next season pass though.

Ratsult2 on
  • Options
    Ah I see. That's frustrating, I thought it was the currency for character unlocks.