As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[The Division 2] Launching in March! Beta has started.

• dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    In a world in which deployed items stay deployed instead of vanish, I imagine lots of things that are currently poop poop are actually good!

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    After being sick most of the weekend, I finally got clan stuff unlocked in Xbone and sent a request.

And damn does pulse suck in this, finally got 3 skill unlocks and am now rolling with shield + turret and I can actually handle large groups without needing to turtle and scream "Oh, shit!" 24/7.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Medic reviving a guy? Hello there multikill grenade bonus xp.
    Negative Ramos
    Numi wrote: »
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Feels like enemies are still bulletspongey at higher levels but player survivability have been hit hard by these Armor Kits that are just a worse version of medkits that you cant use while moving.

Seems like the talent Predatory isnt in the game anymore? I loved that one for survivability.

Preservation (5% heal over 3s, boosted by headshots) is the Predatory replacement but it feels quite weak. My favourite healing talent is the armour talent Patience (5% heal every 1s after being in cover for 3s) which makes you near immune to chip damage in pve since you will be healing constantly once you get in position. It also takes the edge off damage over time effects as well as letting you soak things without worry since you are always topped off.
    I just got HE kneepads with this trait last night. I'll try it out in PvE next play session.
    cptrugged wrote: »
    Not sure if ya'll do much playing in a party but I'm rarely in a party less than 3 and holy shit does the difficulty scale up drastically. At a full 4 man they not only send more guys at you, but more elites. The reds that took 1 clip to kill solo now take 2 and a half. And if you're not paying attention, you will get flanked and destroyed fast. It's really fun. But one thing that does bug me is that some of the heavies get a little too ridiculous. 4 people dumping clips into them and they can just walk up and one shot you. They are just a bit too bullet spongy.
    I've been doing the story missions in 4-man PUGs and they are fun and challenging. I re-did one solo (to get the collectible) and it was pitifully easy. The pacing of the setpiece fights was so slow I could just hang out in cover and barely move, and just plink the (relatively few) enemies down one at a time.
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    My normal group has been leveling super slow, which is not normal, but just shows we all might be getting older finally. I'm at 24 and next is 19. Granted, just started at normal release for some of us, but still. The dumpster fire that is Anthem probably burned us out a bit. That's my excuse, admittedly.

We sauntered into the DZ as a 24, 19, 15, and 14 and had a blast in these PRE-META times. Hardly anyone was in there, though, only saw like four other people in two groups of two. One of the two groups of two knew their stuff, actually, but we still overwhelmed them.

I really like how non-contaminated high end stuff can drop (2 of 3 High Ends I got were not contaminated) to encourage you to go in without four people.
    After a couple of days in the DZ, I've pretty much given up on finding any gear upgrades and it's just about DZ XP (and rouge kills) now. I've basically re-geared using all DZ drops.
    Saldonas wrote: »
    I've just been solo so far, though grouping would be really fun if someone was in the same level range. I think I moved in to the fourth area after knocking out all the main and side missions, control points, and other random crap, and I think I'm sitting at level 11 or 12. The pacing feels really good to me so far. Only real struggle is that I've had this same sniper rifle for a while and it's not OHK headshots anymore.

Also is it just not having enough of the mods to use yet or are LMGs just generally better than assault rifles? So far they all look to have similar damage, RoF, and falloff, but they have a substantially larger magazine with only a marginally slower reload (which I can improve with a mod right now).
    An AR with an extended mag has 60 rounds (61 is you reload out of combat), and ramps up to full DPS instantly. LMGs claim to fame is that you dont need to continually reload but a 60 round clip is pretty good! Coupled with Steady Hands and I only reload about once every 4 full clips. That auto-reload is amazing in an extended fight!

26904.png
  • ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    kaid wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Kyanilis wrote: »
    squall99x wrote: »
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    Currently (just hit 18 earlier this morning), I've been using 3 setups:

1 (General purpose) - Assault Rifle + bolt-action marksman
    2 (Supply drop specific) - Assault Rifle + M249/M60
    3 (Underground missions with no long sightlines) - Assault Rifle + SLR (Mk17, MDR, Sig716, and the like...I'll even toss the SVD on this pile)

Skills have been a healing item of some kind (until deployables are fixed, I think I'm going to use the healy chem launcher) and a crowd pleasercontroller (even a quick spurt of incinerator turret fire will give a little breathing room to empty an assault rifle mag into an armored baddie).

So far, these loads have worked pretty well for me. Well, barring invisible baddies popping in behind me or spawning a wave of suicide vest dudes right next to me, that is.

Oh good, it's not just me. Some skills are broken? My sniper turret never fired a shot. My firefly occasionally explodes the moment i let go. My friends revive hive will sometimes refuse to revive. My other friend's heal hive will toss out one tick then reset.

Stuff is definitely busted at the moment - but FYI I believe the sniper turret has to pretty much be manually aimed at enemies to fire using your skill button.

Yeah, i had that pointed out to me. I still was never able to convince it to fire at anyone.

To be fair, it's pretty bad. It does...ok damage, but requires clear los to the target and in practice you're just babysitting it a bit too much for it to be useful.

yeah this was what I experienced in the demo, especially when the regular turret is so much better at like anything you want a turret to do. Now if the sniper turret was as good as the npc equivelent that can almost fucking one shot me... yeah I'd use that more often. Well if the game didn't break with turrets all the time.

My current ranking of turrets based on having one and being in parties with others.
    Sniper: poop from a butt
    Auto: pretty good. Will actually shoot bullets but enemies tend to walk up to it and crush it under their careless feet
    Flame: not only fires (hah) at enemies, but is also very durable because, as my friend put it, "people who get close enough to kill it are too busy being on fire to do so. "

Flame turret seems like it would be good in an enclosed area where you could pretty effectively shut down a pathway of attack anything that gets close just flame it.

As a soloer, this was the reason why I picked incinerator turret as my second skill (right after healy drone). Unfortunately, because of the skill bug, that pathway gets shutdown for about 2 seconds before the turret despawns. Sure, I can toss out another turret in 15 seconds...but a shotgunner/hammerdude/chainsawdude can close a lot of distance in 15 seconds.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Reduce is not a helpful word here.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Presumably that's what the "remaining issues" bit is for.

Also apparently Outcast Snipers use bows Preacher so that might be what you're seeing. (At least they do according to their codex entry).

I did do a side mission the other day that turned out to be a trap
    set by a Hunter (who almost killed me, then tazed me and ran off), so maybe they are lurking in the wings as their own thing as well.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO

Also apparently Outcast Snipers use bows Preacher so that might be what you're seeing. (At least they do according to their codex entry).

set by a Hunter (who almost killed me, then tazed me and ran off), so maybe they are lurking in the wings as their own thing as well.

Nah these dudes weren't outcasts, Like the ambushers looked like hawk eye with compound bows and like body suits. They are just this weird group of ambush dudes who show up randomly unconnected to any of the factions.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net

Was that the mission near the Theater settlement where
    You find an agent painted up like a rainbow and hanging from the ceiling, looking all crucified? If it is, I managed to set the hunter on fire and empty a full extended mag into his face...I was about to get pissed that skills winking out of existence screwed me over, but then just got annoyed at the forced "you're going to lose this first encounter" encounter. I hated those missions in Mass Effect 3, I still hate them here.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    There is also a weird faction of duders in the game. Like they aren't one of the regular 4, but they dress in all black they throw knives and have like a one shot melee. They also have a thicc melee boy with like a chainsaw? I ran across them in the dark zone when I tripped a line and like 4 of them showed up with bows? Its weird no one in the game mentions who they are or what the fuck they want.

I hope they add more stuff like this. In the cutscene at the start where Ortega says you’re the new sheriff, he says there’s major players vying for control of DC ‘plus a bunch of vultures’.

Adding the odd group with each DLC tat aren’t a major power that controls territory but have their own 3-4 enemy types that can show up and start fights anywhere would be super cool.

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular

Nah these dudes weren't outcasts, Like the ambushers looked like hawk eye with compound bows and like body suits. They are just this weird group of ambush dudes who show up randomly unconnected to any of the factions.

That sounds rad!

7qmGNt5.png
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    When do we get the clan weekly cache?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Most of my problem is that the skills are super unreliable. Fixing "some" of the issues is hardly a fix at all, I still can't use skills if I have to guess if they'll work or not and the wording is not inspiring confidence.

Though we'll see what the patch notes say, hopefully they outline what is fixed and what isn't so I can work around that a bit.

I guess for me too its like "great you're fixing skills but are you going to address the mods with skills that are all just broken with unusable power stuff?" Like the skill mod thing seems super easy to me, change the values?

Or christ unbind "mark as junk" and "swap categories" as the same button on the xbox inventory management screen...

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019

You find an agent painted up like a rainbow and hanging from the ceiling, looking all crucified? If it is, I managed to set the hunter on fire and empty a full extended mag into his face...I was about to get pissed that skills winking out of existence screwed me over, but then just got annoyed at the forced "you're going to lose this first encounter" encounter. I hated those missions in Mass Effect 3, I still hate them here.

I handled that mission a bit differently
    As soon as my HUD started going all wonky I knew I was about to have to face a Hunter. Being conditioned from the first game to be overcome with fear and find a place to gain the upper hand, I sprinted out of that room, back down the elevator shaft, and set up shop on the other side of the new well-lit room I was now in.

My HUD continued to wig out, but I never saw an enemy except for on my radar, which was clearly coming from the floor above. Then it just stopped. My comms came back and control just told me they were glad I was still alive.

I had to ask someone else what happened when they hit that mission. And of course they laughed at me when they heard what I had done.

ObiFett on

That's the one yeah

7qmGNt5.png
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Does the turret explode or anything when it dies? Cos I swear it just disappears all the time, and I can't tell if it's a glitch or if it's being destroyed. It needs to make some kind of noise that it's being killed because half the time when I think it's up it's gone. Also I wish it would show where it's going to be placed before you place it

At least I learned from that mission. Theater Settlement side mission spoiler

Div 2 hunters can hijack your fucking healing items and have them heal them! Also the old trick of blowing up a hijacked item doesn't work.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    I guess for me too its like "great you're fixing skills but are you going to address the mods with skills that are all just broken with unusable power stuff?" Like the skill mod thing seems super easy to me, change the values?

Or christ unbind "mark as junk" and "swap categories" as the same button on the xbox inventory management screen...

The skill mods being completely useless is its own problem but doesn't directly stop me from using skills so I'm ok not prioritizing that. There's no way going for a skill power build is at all worth it. At endgame things are literally asking for thousands of skill power for pretty marginal increases.

Speaking of great control decisions, my personal favorite is how everything is tightly bound to one key for "interact" so you get fun scenarios like: Oh you want to loot something while listening to an audio recording? Hold F, but not for TOO long or else you'll cancel the playback. I also had one situation where I was trying to grab something but it felt like both timers were the same length.

The skill mods being completely useless is its own problem but doesn't directly stop me from using skills so I'm ok not prioritizing that. There's no way going for a skill power build is at all worth it. At endgame things are literally asking for thousands of skill power for pretty marginal increases.

Speaking of great control decisions, my personal favorite is how everything is tightly bound to one key for "interact" so you get fun scenarios like: Oh you want to loot something while listening to an audio recording? Hold F, but not for TOO long or else you'll cancel the playback. I also had one situation where I was trying to grab something but it felt like both timers were the same length.

Yeah its the same on xbox that interact and stop recording are the same button press.

I will say don't ever turn on the "auto parkour" setting, because you don't realize how much extra parkouring you ignore the game will auto do for you if you're sprinting...

pleasepaypreacher.net
    The team is continuing their work to resolve all the remaining issues on this topic with a future patch later this week. Until then you can try to avoid the talents EXTRA and OVERLAP which seem to be the culprit and can cause skills to act up even after maintenance, albeit still much less often.

I'll have to check my stuff but it being tied to a talent would explain why I saw a sudden huge upswing in skills going poof. I thought it might be a level bracket thing but this makes more sense.

7qmGNt5.png
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    I have no idea what those talents are.

Also “Later this week” is not reassuring when its monday and the bug is the most annoying bullshit.
    After being sick most of the weekend, I finally got clan stuff unlocked in Xbone and sent a request.

And damn does pulse suck in this, finally got 3 skill unlocks and am now rolling with shield + turret and I can actually handle large groups without needing to turtle and scream "Oh, shit!" 24/7.

Whats your GT?

My friend was also underwhelmed with the new Pulse but the thrown one seemed decent.

Sirialis on
  • PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    As a single player who relies on turrets and the drone, the bug means I may just put things on hold until the full patch. It’s still playable, but I am having way too many avoidable deaths due to the skills not working properly.

edited March 2019
    I cant read any of the names in the Clan Inbox anymore...

Edit: Took a little while but its back.

Sirialis on
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Whats your GT?

BlackDragon1066, I'm on the Google doc as well.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
    As a single player who relies on turrets and the drone, the bug means I may just put things on hold until the full patch. It’s still playable, but I am having way too many avoidable deaths due to the skills not working properly.

The chem launcher can work as a quick spot heal until the healy drone gets fixed, for turrets...I don't really have a suggestion. Right now, the incinerator turret is pretty much like a weaker, more directional airburst seeker mine with limited range.

edited March 2019

Also “Later this week” is not reassuring when its monday and the bug is the most annoying bullshit.

Whats your GT?

My friend was also underwhelmed with the new Pulse but the thrown one seemed decent.

With Div 2’s greater reliance on “Enemies spring from nearby doors”, pulse feels a lot less useful than in Division 1. The first game had more enemies spawning in the distance and closing, which made the pulse more reliable in keeping track of the conflict.

Phillishere on

The chem launcher can work as a quick spot heal until the healy drone gets fixed, for turrets...I don't really have a suggestion. Right now, the incinerator turret is pretty much like a weaker, more directional airburst seeker mine with limited range.

The chem launcher also with the fire foam seems pretty good at locking down areas, especially for a survivalist who would get 10% extra damage for anyone set on fire and potentially signature ammo for anything that dies while on fire.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular

Whats your GT?

With Div 2’s greater reliance on “Enemies spring from nearby doors”, pulse feels a lot less useful than in Division 1. The first game had more enemies spawning in the distance and closing, which made the pulse more reliable in keeping track of the conflict.

It's obviously a design choice as well. As soon as they removed the passive buff the pulse offered for damage and made all but the EMP just for recon they knew that it would lose value to a great extent in anything outside of the DZ.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019

Yeah its the same on xbox that interact and stop recording are the same button press.

I will say don't ever turn on the "auto parkour" setting, because you don't realize how much extra parkouring you ignore the game will auto do for you if you're sprinting...
    Yeah, I turned that on during the beta and discovered just how hard it made movement. After the several dozenth time that I accidentally hurdled over cover directly into the line of fire (instead of snapping safely behind it) I vowed to never turn it on again.

Stupid on

26904.png
    I dunno I could definitely see with how the lighting engine routinely fucks me in dark or cluttered areas pulse being super important.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    Speaking of lighting.. Everything was working fine for me, server goes down for maintenance and now..upon logging back in i'm getting white flashes every couple of seconds when i'm moving, constantly =/ wtf i don't even understand how serverside changes could do this to me

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
    I dunno I could definitely see with how the lighting engine routinely fucks me in dark or cluttered areas pulse being super important.

The turret’s mechanic where it puts a “Shoot him?” tab on top of every enemy is actually far more useful than Pulse.

• KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    I find the jammer pulse extremely useful at end game to deal with all the black tusk drones and robots. Also, most people I’ve spoken to do not realize that you can hold the pulse skill button down to charge it for massively increased range.

It took pulse from a joke skill to extremely useful for me.

Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Additional info on the fix for cooldowns:
    The team is continuing their work to resolve all the remaining issues on this topic with a future patch lat[er this week. Until then you can try to avoid the talents EXTRA and OVERLAP which seem to be the culprit and can cause skills to act up even after maintenance, albeit still much less often.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Konphujun wrote: »
    I find the jammer pulse extremely useful at end game to deal with all the black tusk drones and robots. Also, most people I’ve spoken to do not realize that you can hold the pulse skill button down to charge it for massively increased range.

It took pulse from a joke skill to extremely useful for me.

I grabbed Jammer pulse but I haven't used it yet, but the video suggests it throws a general disorient effect out on all enemies too?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    edited March 2019
    Whats your GT?

BlackDragon1066, I'm on the Google doc as well.

I’m not seeing any requests from you.

I’ll try to send you an invite instead.

Sirialis on
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    The team is continuing their work to resolve all the remaining issues on this topic with a future patch lat[er this week. Until then you can try to avoid the talents EXTRA and OVERLAP which seem to be the culprit and can cause skills to act up even after maintenance, albeit still much less often.

Wait, what is a talent. Is that like a perk?

steam_sig.png
  • DalantiaDalantia Registered User regular

Wait, what is a talent. Is that like a perk?

Talents are on higher-rarity pieces of gear and weapons - stuff like +10% to armor, or regenerating armor while in cover.

steam_sig.png
    DS Friend code: 3840-6605-3406