As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[The Division 2] Launching in March! Beta has started.

• StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    I had some interesting fights in the DZ East last night. Clearly there are more people in there now. I got three more Rogue kills.

Two of them were a duo that thought it might be fun to hit the button right after we cleared a landmark as a trio. I guess they thought that the two of them were better than the one of me. I kinda saw it coming and positioned myself so that that they couldn’t insta-gank me, but I hadn’t planned on a wandering NPC patrol hitting me from behind. I managed to drop most of the patrol but getting sandwiched wasn’t a good time. Luckily, it was right next to a safehouse/checkpoint, so I was able to respawn and return (from a different angle). The bozos hadn’t even moved! I guess they thought they were just going to hang out and let the Rogue timer expire? In any case, I engaged with my endless bullet hose AR and dropped one before he could even react. His buddy came over to revive him and walked right into the firing arc of my turret. PvP turret kill!

Too bad it didn’t count as a multi…

I did get two Specialized items from them and oh boy did I enjoy extracting those!! (Nothing worthwhile, just personal trophies.)

The third kill was some poor slog who was Rouge for who-knows-why, standing in an alley prepping to take on a wandering NPC patrol himself. Too bad the red skulls show through walls, so I was able to approach from his blind spot and not only took him down but took out the patrol as well.

I ended the night by getting baited. I had some random contaminated item on my butt – I think it might have been a blue I picked up by mistake? – and some rando called for an extract. I camped nearby and waited out the timer. I see at least three other players wandering around the extract zone farming red NPCs as they spawn. As soon as the helo popped this guy runs out and hooks a bag. I’m thinking, this guy is going the skedaddle now that he’s hooked, so I run up to hook my bag too. I already knew there were other players there and the second I hit the rope some guy starts unloading from behind me. If I had been faster, or more awake, I would have dropped a grenade at my own feet for him. Instead I just took my fingers off the controller and took the death cleanly. My own damn fault, so I can’t fault the guy. There were only about a half-dozen ways I could have reacted and at least one of them would have probably won me the fight, but I was tired and ready to call it a night anyway. It’s not like the loot was anything I cared about; I’m more upset that I willingly walked into a stupid trap! (get it? a “Stupid trap” haha)

26904.png
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Additional info on the fix for cooldowns:
    The team is continuing their work to resolve all the remaining issues on this topic with a future patch lat[er this week. Until then you can try to avoid the talents EXTRA and OVERLAP which seem to be the culprit and can cause skills to act up even after maintenance, albeit still much less often.

Wait, what is a talent. Is that like a perk?

Yes, talents are on weapons/armors of blue or higher rarity (1 blue, 1-2 purple, 1-3 HE).

edit: weapons have talents too.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Wait, why are there 2 different lists of Xbox names in the same google doc?

Sirialis wrote: »

One is for the first game, the other is for the second, Siri.

No wonder I couldnt find some of the names then.

One is called "XBox" and the other is called "Div 2 - XBox". You should be looking at the Div 2 tab.

26904.png
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    There is also a weird faction of duders in the game. Like they aren't one of the regular 4, but they dress in all black they throw knives and have like a one shot melee. They also have a thicc melee boy with like a chainsaw? I ran across them in the dark zone when I tripped a line and like 4 of them showed up with bows? Its weird no one in the game mentions who they are or what the fuck they want.

those are Outcast

Bless your heart.

I mean... if they arent putting their name on the div 2 tab, it’s not your fault :P

• DalantiaDalantia Registered User regular
    They're not Outcasts, Outcasts wear yellow and have yellow body lights. These guys prefer rifles and their throwers love the Poison debuff. Their insignia is a pair of handcuff looking things.

steam_sig.png
    DS Friend code: 3840-6605-3406
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    There is also a weird faction of duders in the game. Like they aren't one of the regular 4, but they dress in all black they throw knives and have like a one shot melee. They also have a thicc melee boy with like a chainsaw? I ran across them in the dark zone when I tripped a line and like 4 of them showed up with bows? Its weird no one in the game mentions who they are or what the fuck they want.

those are Outcast

They don't look, talk, or act like any outcast I've ever seen

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net

I mean... if they arent putting their name on the div 2 tab, it’s not your fault :P

I was looking at the “Xbox” list which also had new names added recently, I just assumed that one was made for D2 and didnt know about the other list.

• QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    I'm skeptical that it's just those two talents causing the broken skills, since I've had the bug happening since level 5. I'll keep an eye out for EXTRA and OVERLAP now though.

• ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Qanamil wrote: »
    I'm skeptical that it's just those two talents causing the broken skills, since I've had the bug happening since level 5. I'll keep an eye out for EXTRA and OVERLAP now though.

Yeeeeah...those skillstalents (edit: whoops, used the wrong word here) aren't what's causing it. Considering that I've been having deployables disappear after a couple seconds when I first pull them out (but they'll last the full duration if I can throw them out)...and I've just been stacking "Hard Hitter." I just checked, and not a single EXTRA and OVERLAP talent in sight on any of my equipped or held onto gear.

Erlkönig on
    | Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular

those are Outcast

I just got jumped by a group of three. The ones I fought also had no barks to go with the melee weapons. They are pretty eerie, since they did not make any noise or show an alert symbol. I just noticed them as they started running straight for me.

Just because you dont have a visible number associated with the talent, doesnt mean it isnt touching your character.

:P

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Additional info on the fix for cooldowns:
    The team is continuing their work to resolve all the remaining issues on this topic with a future patch lat[er this week. Until then you can try to avoid the talents EXTRA and OVERLAP which seem to be the culprit and can cause skills to act up even after maintenance, albeit still much less often.

Wait, what is a talent. Is that like a perk?

Yes, talents are on weapons/armors of blue or higher rarity (1 blue, 1-2 purple, 1-3 HE).

edit: weapons have talents too.

Oh the item affixes, gotcha. In my brain only people can have talents, so i didn't think of that. Just assumed it was some thing i hadn't unlocked yet. I'm about 13-15 and just unlocked the firing range.

steam_sig.png
  • KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular

To be clear, what they're asserting is that the fix they deployed today should fix the bug in cases where the talents weren't causing it. They're working on additional fixes for the talents. It was definitely happening with or without the talents before, now it should hopefully happen only in the case of having the talents.

Initial impressions seem hit or miss, I think Croaker said they're still getting it and they don't have anything with those talents equipped so....

edited March 2019
    Seems like skills might be working now.

Havent had any skills disappear on me since the maintenance.

Sirialis on
    Kyanilis wrote: »

To be clear, what they're asserting is that the fix they deployed today should fix the bug in cases where the talents weren't causing it. They're working on additional fixes for the talents. It was definitely happening with or without the talents before, now it should hopefully happen only in the case of having the talents.

Initial impressions seem hit or miss, I think Croaker said they're still getting it and they don't have anything with those talents equipped so....

Ooooooohhhhhhh...got it.

And, because it's a work day, I haven't been able to play with the update in place. Just popped on real quick to check it out, and I was having turret and drone flying around for their full duration.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Yeah. This is something else than the Outcasts. I just fought a ton of these dudes in Southwest in the building between the Main mission location and the contaminated zone at the bottom of the map.

There were two unit types - melee guys in the Hawkeye gear and assault rifle weilding guys with black chains across their chests. No yellow scarves.

As I said before, they fight silently. The building was screwing up their tactics, but it looks like the assault guys pin you down while the melee guys barrel straight towards you from multiple directions.

Secret faction or upcoming event, maybe?

Phillishere on
    Yeah. This is something else than the Outcasts. I just fought a ton of these dudes in Southwest in the building between the Main mission location and the contaminated zone at the bottom of the map.

There were two unit types - melee guys in the Hawkeye gear and assault rifle weilding guys with black chains across their chests. No yellow scarves.

As I said before, they fight silently. The building was screwing up their tactics, but it looks like the assault guys pin you down while the melee guys barrel straight towards you from multiple directions.

Like I said there is another group of them that have compound bows too, again not outcasts.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular

those are Outcast

I just got jumped by a group of three. The ones I fought also had no barks to go with the melee weapons. They are pretty eerie, since they did not make any noise or show an alert symbol. I just noticed them as they started running straight for me.

I’ve really got to get some Dark Zone in. These guys sound awesome. I mean in an utter bastard kind of way.

btw preacher:
    there are apparently 17 hunters in the game, and finding them requires Easter eggs/puzzles and when you defeat them you get their masks. I haven't gotten that far or read further on the matter, but... masks outside of events/rng... what a world.

btw preacher:
    there are apparently 17 hunters in the game, and finding them requires Easter eggs/puzzles and when you defeat them you get their masks. I haven't gotten that far or read further on the matter, but... masks outside of events/rng... what a world.

Spoiler about post game content...

I think they have only found 12 so far, one for each mask hook. Personally I haven't done any of them because hunters are scary.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular

Like I said there is another group of them that have compound bows too, again not outcasts.

Are these the same guys that have a heavily armoured dude with a chainsaw? I bumped into a group of them underground and died very quickly, haven't seen more chainsaws since.

Are these the same guys that have a heavily armoured dude with a chainsaw? I bumped into a group of them underground and died very quickly, haven't seen more chainsaws since.

Yes same guys! Like outcast dudes have yellow to them even their big tanky dudes, these guys are all black.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited March 2019
    btw preacher:

Spoiler about post game content...

I think they have only found 12 so far, one for each mask hook. Personally I haven't done any of them because hunters are scary.

Also I wonder if somebody was watching The Punisher season 2 hen they came up with that.

The True Sons rushers have a Bernthal grunt going on at times too, half expecting one to start yelling "RUSSOH."

Punisher Scream compilation:

tastydonuts on
  • TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    out of curiosity, did y'all pay much attention to sets while leveling or mostly just equip the high level stuff?

PAD ID - 328,762,218
    out of curiosity, did y'all pay much attention to sets while leveling or mostly just equip the high level stuff?

I'm all about sets and maximizing my character's leveling potential.

Right now, I've got a mix of Tay, 5.11, and that Douglas-whatever. Gotta get all that crit chance, accuracy, and enhanced damage to elites.

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    I don’t find the 1-30 enemies worth the effort, and you level fast enough that you’re constantly getting better gear.

• AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Heya @CorriganX I sent a join request to woe bundy, saucy.sensei

Aretè on
    -Loki- wrote: »
    I don’t find the 1-30 enemies worth the effort, and you level fast enough that you’re constantly getting better gear.

Counterpoint:

You're constantly getting gear, period. So you can find the set bonuses you like, and can usually keep that set up to date because of the veritable loot-hose that you're sprayed with during the leveling phase.

In the 14 odd levels so far, I’ve seen set gear drop maybe half a dozen times. If I stuck to only set gear I’d have of wildly differing levels, which would be more detrimental than just not getting the set bonuses.

But maybe I’m just unlucky.

-Loki- wrote: »
    In the 14 odd levels so far, I’ve seen set gear drop maybe half a dozen times. If I stuck to only set gear I’d have of wildly differing levels, which would be more detrimental than just not getting the set bonuses.

But maybe I’m just unlucky.

That's almost the polar opposite of my leveling experience. Most of the gear that I've been getting has been brand set pieces.

• taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    @CorriganX applied to woe Bundy IGN eeriespoon

steam xbox - adeptpenguin
    I love how somebody on the Outcasts really, really loved the Robot Wars tv show.

I love how somebody on the Outcasts really, really loved the Robot Wars tv show.

and that person is a dill hole!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    @CorriganX applied to woe Bundy IGN eeriespoon

Got you added. If anyone else is applying, make sure to also post in the spreadsheet, im double checking names against that to make sure I invite the right people. If I fuck up and decline yours, feel free to reapply and i'll accept it this time, hopefully. <3

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
    edited March 2019
    I don't focus on a specific bonus, but I do try to make sure what I'm using "works" with my build, even when leveling. Like, I'll use a piece that is two or three levels too low if it has (for example) a damage bonus for ARs, and not replace it with a "better" (higher armor) piece that has a bonus to SMGs.

All six of my gear slots are some kind of branded item. Two each Providence, Fenris, and Airaldi. I don't think I've used a non-branded item for at least 5 levels or so.

Having said that, I think the built-in traits are much more important that the brand bonuses, and I'll be sporting my "Berserk" Fenris vest far after I've outleveled it. At least utnil something better comes along.

Stupid on

26904.png
    So.. there is a compression layer without a shirt over top of it.

But... it's a full zip... either way yay. Just need to get a shemagh to drop...