As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fighting Games] As conceived in 2016 by Twitter operators

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    I mean does that Max guy even stick with any fighter to begin with?

Dragkonias on
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »

of all things, he still regularly streams MvC:I lol

but no like all youtubers he's pretty migratory because that's sort of what his livelihood demands

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »

but no like all youtubers he's pretty migratory because that's sort of what his livelihood demands

he does come back to old things though pretty frequently

like he was playing SF EX 3 a few weeks ago

• ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Yeah, like, if you want to follow _a game_, there will always be someone better to follow, because his place in the community is more as a celebration of fighting games in general. He actively plays new stuff, he plays old stuff to show the lineage of where new stuff is coming from, and horses around with his friends. He's not a commentator, but the time investment and that exposure to so many different games absolutely gives him a valid point of view on assessing a new one and how its mechanics compare with the genre at large.

ArcticLancer on
  • SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular

He does? I mean, I don't watch every stream, but I don't recall him playing Marvel (or at least, announcing that he'll do Marvel on a stream) since about five months ago.
    I'm still hoping that one of these days he'll migrate back to FFXIV for a few nights again.

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I'll likely put hundreds of hours into the single player options in MK11 and maybe half an hour into online matches.

• Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    I am excited for MK11, but I struggle so much with push-button to block. At 42 years old, back-to-block is just so ingrained in me at this point. Sure, plenty of games over many years have gone both ways, but most of my time is on back-to-block games (SF, Tekken, etc.). Hell, it even causes problems for me on Smash.

Rewiring my brain at this point is proving difficult.

SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
    Welp, I'm still not committed to getting a second fightstick, but I'm happy with my continued fiddling with artwork for it~
    xr94yw5pnwa6.png

As an added bonus, I made another one for a friend if they ever wanted it. I kinda just like doing this, okay? :P
    tuagowx35fwf.png

• l_gl_g Registered User regular
    Welp, I'm still not committed to getting a second fightstick, but I'm happy with my continued fiddling with artwork for it~
    xr94yw5pnwa6.png

As an added bonus, I made another one for a friend if they ever wanted it. I kinda just like doing this, okay? :P
    tuagowx35fwf.png

Maybe this is too inside of a joke, but what if you made a stick art that was a combination theme: the colors and lines and paint splatters of the background would be like Ape Out, and there'd be a silhouette of Wagner, possibly with the edges made sharper/harsher?

Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
    Honestly, sounds like a great idea for someone less myself. I'm not so much for jokes on these things. But stylistically I'm sure that could be made to work wonderfully~

• ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Max has a pretty good video discussing MvC:I in general and talks about how he does genuinely love the actual combat in the game but felt like he couldn't showcase it on his channel or do the planned videos he had for it like Assist Me's because the atmosphere around the game had become so toxic that it was threatening his livelihood.

Ardent MvC:I defenders were attacking him for his valid criticisms of the game, and people who just outright hated the game were attacking him for exhibiting any enjoyment of its gameplay.

Viskod on
  • PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    The achievements for the Power Rangers game just got picked up... and they look like horse poop.

https://www.trueachievements.com/n36916/power-rangers-battle-for-the-grid-achievement-list-revealed

None are secret, but ... man, if you want to get them all, you'll be playing this game for a long time. At least there aren't any "win X Ranked matches in a row"

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I dont really have a problem with achievements that are "play a lot"

like you said if it was win x matches in a row that would be different

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    Not that I didn't enjoy getting them all in BBTag because they're piss-easy, but I rather hope most people aren't playing fighting games for the in-game achievements ... >_>

1000 ranked matches is not THAT much if you crack out for even a couple of weeks

that's a pretty reasonable number for what amounts to a platinum achievement

• El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Incoming 0-1000 loss record.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

Viskod wrote: »
    Max has a pretty good video discussing MvC:I in general and talks about how he does genuinely love the actual combat in the game but felt like he couldn't showcase it on his channel or do the planned videos he had for it like Assist Me's because the atmosphere around the game had become so toxic that it was threatening his livelihood.

Ardent MvC:I defenders were attacking him for his valid criticisms of the game, and people who just outright hated the game were attacking him for exhibiting any enjoyment of its gameplay.

I tend to agree that MvCI made a real bad first impression, and that that immediately led to extreme polarization throughout the internet when it came to discussion about the game.

Getting attacked for making non-flame criticisms of the game by the defenders of the game which already feel persecuted and are circling their wagons really sucks, though. I think in the anime/airdasher community, we've been so used to being so underground and poverty from basically day 1 that dunking on the game(s) we play was something we already did ourselves, but this was also in the pre-youtube pre-esports era. I think when your community desperately wants to fight for that big money tournament relevance, negativity from influencers really feels like an attack even when the negativity is valid criticism and not intended to be an attack.

• DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I've played a lot of SC so the whole pus
    1000 ranked matches is not THAT much if you crack out for even a couple of weeks

that's a pretty reasonable number for what amounts to a platinum achievement

I generally average 500-1000 games played for every fighter I play, even casually.

When you consider most matches only last about 3-5 minutes that isn't that much.

Kotal Khan trailer that seems like someone in marketing got the Jacqui and Kotal trailers confused cause its just 2 minutes of him getting his ass kicked.

Kotal Khan trailer that seems like someone in marketing got the Jacqui and Kotal trailers confused cause its just 2 minutes of him getting his ass kicked.

They've been doing these like

Dual reveal trailers

Cassies was the same

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    Also Jacqui was my main in MK X and she looks DOPE AS HELL

• DeansDeans Registered User regular
    Also Jacqui was my main in MK X and she looks DOPE AS HELL

I miss the shotguns but I can get over it for robo-leg muay thai shenanigans.

edited March 2019
    Yeah she looks cool. I kind of wanted to play her in MKX but I wasn't a fan of full auto and her T-Rex arms hurt her more offensive variations. But this iteration looks a lot better so I'll probably try her again.

Dragkonias on
  • KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    FULL AUTO JACQUI

GET SHOT

GET SHOT AGAIN

Are any of you considering going to strongstyle

Now we're talking

this is the first character they've shown off that I MUST try out as soon as the game comes out

• DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    https://youtu.be/Fahljd_0xjA

Noob Saibot is actually The Shockmaster?

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Sounds like Dr Claw to me.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    I think dbfz has the best intros and it seems no ones coming close yet

Im a big mark for the the buu 2 step, bardocks bandana, and cell scream though

icGJy2C.png
    @Zonugal Shang Tsueng is in MK 11 played by the movie actor

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    @Zonugal Shang Tsueng is in MK 11 played by the movie actor

Oh, I heard of this a long time ago.

It made me SO HAPPY.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    do you have an inside leaker because it was only announced today zonugal.

liEt3nH.png
    We knew CHT was gonna do some Shang Tsung voicework for the krypt, (and thus could probably guess he was gonna be a character)

We didn't know that not only did they get him to do the voice acting, they also modeled the character after his likeness.

is there going to be a skin for yung tsung

• DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    Noob Saibot was my favorite character in mk9 so I'm really excited he's back and that also his super is a big dropkick

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    do you have an inside leaker because it was only announced today zonugal.

Yes.

My uncle, who works at Nintendo, told me.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I think dbfz has the best intros and it seems no ones coming close yet

Im a big mark for the the buu 2 step, bardocks bandana, and cell scream though

I really love the time-honored crowdshout traditions like everyone yelling alongside Cell or everyone doing the OHOHOHO when Karin does her super

6F32U1X.png
  • RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I'm sad Karin has been so optimized that you never really see her super anymore.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
    Radius wrote: »
    I'm sad Karin has been so optimized that you never really see her super anymore.

I'm pretty sure I saw like 10 Karin CAs in FR Top 8 alone.

This discussion has been closed.