As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Overwatch] Workshop now included.

• SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    I don't think Ana's sleep dart gun is on her model either.

• CruorCruor Registered User regular
    I, for one, am sad Reaper isn't just modeled as a giant walking bag of shotguns.

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Chance wrote: »

It's probably just cause I've been replaying Soul Calibur III lately, but that reminds me of Setsuka.
    888gur433t04.jpg
    zd5ynxgknaiq.jpg

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    ...actually there are a lot of similarities there, I'll give ya, but...

Even as I love the whole traditional Japanese clothes vibe (which I think is seriously the best-looking Olde Timey Clothing Option in the entire olde-timey world) I'd like it more if it had been done in a way that wasn't quite so male gaze-y. She's scary-lookin' - and the clothes are beautiful - but that's a lotta' leg. Still, looking at the rest of the artist's portfolio I'm prepared to suggest this also shows a lot of restraint lol

Anywho this happened.

https://youtu.be/C-LOROg8HyE

Yeeea.

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Even as I love the whole traditional Japanese clothes vibe (which I think is seriously the best-looking Olde Timey Clothing Option in the entire olde-timey world) I'd like it more if it had been done in a way that wasn't quite so male gaze-y. She's scary-lookin' - and the clothes are beautiful - but that's a lotta' leg. Still, looking at the rest of the artist's portfolio I'm prepared to suggest this also shows a lot of restraint lol

Which pretty much mirrors my thoughts about Setsuka when SCIII came out, lol. I really wish the Soul series had shown a little more restraint rather than chasing after Dead Or Alive's self-inflicted lack of credibility. I've been told SCV tried to dial things back a bit, but from what I've heard VI looks to have thrown caution to the wind. It's especially weird since the character creation tools gave them a way to use sex to sell without making it the default state of the game.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • KupiKupi Registered User regular
    I said it before and it's still true (especially since it was like all of three days ago): I can't aim for shit. It's painful to watch. But goddamn it sometimes things work out for me and Sombra goes to the moon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgwLE53_5Zo

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
    For some reason I'm excellent with her dynamite and shit at everything else to do with Ashe >.<

I've been playing less mystery heroes and my snipers have really fallen off - but on the bright side this happened tonight. I got some PotGs too, but this was definitely the evening's highlight.

https://youtu.be/dzmhbERC_E4

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Re Ashe: I like Safari Ashe as the best skin but it has her aim halo be red, which is not classy when you're trying to target red enemies, so I switched to Jungle which has a nice teal halo and easier to track with.

Imo Ashe is like Mercy and Zen - their best are their defaults, and it'll likely stay that way until Zen gets a hoodie and sweatpants skin.

I would literally play Mercy more if she had a Casual skin.

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    It's weird that Safari/Jungle Ashe doesn't have a tattoo, it should be tiger or something

• SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Re Ashe: I like Safari Ashe as the best skin but it has her aim halo be red, which is not classy when you're trying to target red enemies, so I switched to Jungle which has a nice teal halo and easier to track with.

Oh I noticed it was a little tricky to track as Ashe sometimes and I use the Safari skin. I'll have to give this a try and see if I notice a difference.

• KupiKupi Registered User regular
    1) McCree's Combat Roll should cancel the burning from Ashe's Dynamite and Torbjorn's Molten Core.

2) I will not be satisfied until Zenyatta has a skin that gives him Super Saiyan 3 hair.

Him or Moira, at least.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • KanaKana Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    So the Baptiste patch should go live tomorrow, which means not only Baptiste but also pretty massive balance changes. Since I'll probably just be playing tomorrow, I figured I'd write a quick rundown of the expected changes:

HEALERS:
    - Baptiste is in, so expect to yell "shoot the drone!!!!!!!!" at your teammates a lot
    - Mercy - Damage boost is now applied on firing the projectile, rather than when it hits. This is mostly just a quality of life change, makes things a bit more intuitive, but there's a few interactions where this is a straight buff, like Dynamite DoT.
    - The heal from Ana's nanoboost is nerfed from 300 hp to 250. Not a huge change, a minor nerf to tank survivability.
    - Lucio's speedboost got nerfed. Normal boost drops from +30% speed to +20%, and amp it up drops from +70% to +50%. His personal wall ride speed boost is buffed from +20% to +40% to make up the difference. It's an important nerf against short-range, beefy comps that depend on using Lucio's speed to close the distance before they get spammed out of existence.
    - Zenyatta's discord is nerfed, from +30% damage against the target to +25%. Zen's personal damage is increased from 46 to 48 to compensate. This makes it a little harder for low-damage team comps to compensate for their lack of damage with the use of one ability, but Zen should still be pretty darn good.
    - Moira's lingering heal over time effect after she sprays someone increased from 3 seconds to 4 seconds, for a total of 65 HPs instead of 50. This actually decreases Moira's maximum heals per second slightly, but it also lets her more efficiently ration out her healing.

TANKS (and armor):
    - Beam weapons versus armor have been tweaked, to have a flat 20% damage reduction. Devs say this is a big buff for Winston, about the same for Moira, low-energy Zarya and low-energy Sym, and a slight nerf for them at high energy.
    - Related to armor, DoT effects now ignore armor. Widow's mine, Ana's primary fire, and Ashe's dynamite are all buffed from this change. This is especially a big buff for throwing dynamite into a big beefy tank comp.
    - Zarya's secondary fire is now set to 2 meters at all energy levels. Before the radius of her shots increased with energy, up to 3 meter explosions at full charge. Although this helps low energy Zarya, on balance it's a nerf, decreasing Zarya's ability to spam shots at multiple enemies, as well as her ability to fight back against quick, mobile characters like Tracer.
    - Orisa's speed decrease when firing is lowered from -50% to -30%. A buff, but it doesn't really address her biggest weaknesses.
    - Orisa and D.Va were both very resistant to knockback effects while firing, because their self-applied movement nerfs also affected enemy effects applied to them. This no longer happens, making both easier to boop. (But Orisa will still be immune to movement effects during fortify)
    - D.Va can now also be booped during her flight. Before she was basically immune to movement effects while flying. Getting booped won't knock her out of flight though, so she can still fly back out of a pit.
    - Hammond's adaptive shield can now be triggered without leaving ball mode. This is a pretty big Hammond Buff, as it lets him maintain his mobility when he pops shield in the middle of the enemy team. I'm actually curious if this one'll make it to live.

DPS:
    - Doomfist's Slam and Uppercut CDs were decreased from 7 to 6 seconds. A buff, but probably not that impactful.
    - Hanzo's sonic arrow detection radius increased from 7 to 9 meters. Buffs Hanzo's vision, but its impact depends on the map and enemy playstyle.
    - Genji had an interaction between blade and deflect fixed. Dedicated Genji mains will be happy, no one else will notice.
    - Junkrat's primary fire direct hit damage is buffed from 120 to 130. This changes Junkrat's damage breakpoint against 250 HP heroes, dropping his time to kill from 3 direct hits to 2, and of course just generally improves his performance against big targets that he can land direct hits on. Junk's ult charge rate is nerfed by 10% to compensate.
    - McCree's Fan the Hammer damage drops from 55 to 50, to keep its damage roughly the same after armor got nerfed. However, McCree's High Noon damage is way buffed, "Damage per second increased from 275 to 550 after locking onto targets for 1.5 seconds." Basically this means high noon is still just as effective versus squishies, but against tanks and barriers it will now ramp up damage much faster after 1.5 seconds.
    - Reaper's self healing decreased from 50% to 40%. Basically Reaper's self heal felt OP at lower skill ratings, while it had no real impact at higher ratings. So devs are looking for different ways to change the edgelord.
    - When Sombra hacks health kits, it'll now only be half the regular CD. After they removed ult charge gain from health kit hacks, it meant that you were almost always better off just using your hack cooldown on enemies. This should let Sombra retain an element of map control, while still staying aggressive against enemies (alternately bad sombras will just spend the whole fight hacking even more health kits).
    - Pharah's minimum splash damage increased from 16.25 to 20. A minor buff to her ability to secure kills.
    - Symmetra's primary fire now ramps up damage 20% faster.
    - Soldier 76's primary fire damage increased from 19 to 20 damage per shot. The delay for firing after sprinting is decreased from .5 to .3 seconds, and tactical visor can now target rip-tire and the immortality drone. The sprint buff makes Soldier quite a bit harder to pressure or dive, and upping his damage up to 20, though subtle, actually has a big impact on his damage break points. Soldier has perfect accuracy for his first 5 shots in a burst, with headshots that's 200 damage, enough to immediately burst down a squishy. (Or two bursts of body shots.) When his shots did 19 damage this burst was less reliable, as you had to land a final shot with weapon spread.
    - Torbjorn gains 50 armor to his base health, but loses 50 armor from his overload effect. Basically this ups Torbjorn's baseline survivability, which is good for fat head Torb (especially considering that Soldier buff).
    - Widowmaker's ult will now show health bars on enemies for her team... But the ult is also now cancelled on Widow's death. I like this change, it means there's still a benefit to using ults when your team is actively team-fighting, and also a penalty to dying for the Widow.
    - Mei's ice wall health decreased from 500 to 400, to make it more viable for teams to just damage their way through it. Mei's primary fire damage buffed, from 45 to 55 DPS. This makes her freeze+icicle combo a little more reliable, I guess, and ups her multi-target damage, but it's pretty minor.

Overall:
    Reddit Lucios should be happy, more wall-riding and booping
    DPS heroes get some big buffs in their ability to kill tanks
    Rein and Zarya are, uh, reined in a bit. Winston should now fare better in the matchup versus Rein.
    Healers are in a pretty similar spot as before, we'll have to wait and see what happens with Baptiste.

Kana on
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.

Maybe Ark can shotcall for them and they can stop throwing.

The Hammond Ball Buff is really how it should've been from the start with him, imo.

In my opinion, the Atlanta Reign skin is Ashe's best skin. Her default outfit is really good, but the red color scheme with dark pants, BOB in brushed steel plating over near-black cabling, and the firebird emblem on their backs all make for a really cool combination.
    8qn067jksakq.jpg

Also, it kind of makes Ashe look like a Red Mage from Final Fantasy, which was always a sharp design.
    bkjy6uu8s9tx.jpg

camo_sig2-400.png
  • PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    Hammond also looks really good in the atlanta skin

• BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Christ I don't play Zen because I'm an off-DPS god with projectiles, I play him because his buff-debuff dynamic is strong and fun

Bleh I don't think he really needed that much adjustment at all, especially in reducing his team utility

BRIAN BLESSED on
    It's increasingly hilarious Discord used to be 50% though

• BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Oh for sure, that shit was ridic

(orbs being slow af was really quite something though)

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Oh FFS just play a damn game Toronto/Philly

• soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    In my opinion, the Atlanta Reign skin is Ashe's best skin. Her default outfit is really good, but the red color scheme with dark pants, BOB in brushed steel plating over near-black cabling, and the firebird emblem on their backs all make for a really cool combination.
    8qn067jksakq.jpg

Also, it kind of makes Ashe look like a Red Mage from Final Fantasy, which was always a sharp design.
    bkjy6uu8s9tx.jpg

Agree on both counts.

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    *looks at Bob*
    *looks at your avatar*

methinks your bias is showing.. :wink:

i'm partial to the baby blue Bobs of spark and fuel, though i also like all the white away skins, reminds me of zenyatta's ascendant skin

uc3ufTB.png
    edited March 2019
    Speaking of white away skins that look awesome:
    Washington and Paris' away uniforms practically are the Gundam-themed Reinhardt skin people were saying we wanted a while back.

sd50z2ikvifz.jpg
    6pifwq3q0rtv.jpg

Pretty darn close, isn't it?

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    if rein got a fully mecha-style legendary in the vein of mechaqueen/raptorion pharah i might never play any other hero again

uc3ufTB.png
    Went 18 and 0 on Gibraltar attack with some very good accuracy, but also definitely off the back of... an amazing Brig who it seems was slapping me with Repair Pack on cooldown. Every time I turned around from the enemies' backline to come back to my team, whap! Full health! "Okay', back to work then..."

I don't like endorsing Brigs on general principle, but she earned it.

i love throwing that pack on tracers that are harassing the enemy. It's the easiest way to say...yes, keep messing with them, i will watch over you.

edited March 2019
    I noticed it when I first played Brig when she launched - she's an excellent support for a Tracer. I'm on cart with my tank pushing payload, Tracer's thirty yards away going after their supports - whap with the Repair pack. Ana could/will miss those shots, Mercy has to put herself in harm's way, Moira's orb comes and goes, Zen just can't keep the orb on me for longer than 2 seconds as a rule, it seems, but a Brig?

I hate to say it, but a Brig can be a Tracer's best friend lol. I think Baptiste isn't gonna' gel very well with Tracer. His slow heal nades will only heal her if she's in a tight formation with the tanks - usually a very bad place for a Tracer to be - and otherwise it'll be a skillshot to hit one when she's juking around the enemy's backline. The immortality field will be handy, but I doubt his ult will ever be close enough to an enemy for me to take advantage.

But I'm pretty damned hyped to find out. I'm dying to throw a Pulse Bomb through it onto a tank.

Chance on
  • RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    The new hero should launch today. Does anyone have a time?

Roe on
    oHw5R0V.jpg
    Roe wrote: »
    The new hero should launch today. Does anyone have a time?
    Almost certainly one hour from now

Yeppa.

• BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Haven't tried the new patch, but even though Wrecking Ball technically received a buff, that change is going to be hard for me to get used to, considering I've gotten used to using "E" to engage the enemy team after landing a pile drive. Now that action will require two inputs! Two whole button presses! My god!

BloodySloth on
    edited March 2019
    The patch notes are yuuuuge - tons of changes to everyone it seems but my beloved Tracer.

Edit: https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/news/patch-notes/pc/#patch-55918

Also the patch is like 850MB on PS4, so start downloadin' early if you can.

Chance on
  • soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    The patch notes are yuuuuge - tons of changes to everyone it seems but my beloved Tracer.

No sympathy for the devil!

• KanaKana Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    On the one hand, "OMG SHOOT THE IMMORTALITY DRONE"

On the other hand, "OMG WHY ARE YOU WALKING OUT OF THE IMMORTALITY FIELD?!?"

Baptiste is a land of contrasts...

Kana on
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
    symmetra is going to be a monster now :(

lucio 6.0 is fast as fuck boiiii

uc3ufTB.png
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    soylenth wrote: »

No sympathy for the devil!

Mei got buffed though

This discussion has been closed.