As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[The Division 2] Launching in March! Beta has started.

• StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Stupid wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    ED! wrote: »
    Yeah but what boss is moving slow enough for it to do real damage? I mean I guess the big tank but I've tried it on them and wasn't that impressed with the damage to armor.

Most bosses either move slowly or go from cover to cover. If they are the latter, then I just wait till they stick to cover and nail them with it.

Last night i did the MLK library side mission solo.

Last boss was giving me lots of trouble. Constantly either behind cover or spraying a ton of bullets at me. Took me a while to whittle his armor down, but he still had some and I was out of packs.

Then he threw 3 Molotovs at me, then ran all the way around the atrium and stood next to one of the bookshelves he'd just set on fire.

I took the win and didn't feel bad at all.
    I guess that mission is difficult for many people? Every time I answer a random call for help in that zone it's always that same side mission. I think I've done that final fight at least five times now!

If you do it early on/didn't do it in the beta it can kind of hit you pretty hard with snipers at a distance, and a big dude slugging it out on you.
    There's a few things going on. As far as I know the mission only has 1 ammo restock box, and it's not before the boss fight. You can actually backtrack to get it and initiate the fight from the other side, but it's annoying. Particularly if you die and have to do it over again.

The bottom floor has 3 assaults and a purple bar grenadier. Then 2 more assaults and 2 snipers rappel in to the second floor. Then suddenly hey there's the boss throwing molotovs and having so much armor it takes what feels like several full clips from my M60 to get through it, though it's hard to tell because you can barely get 2 rounds off before he's completely stripped your armor.
    I guess my strategy for handling that one (solo) was to more-or-less ignore the boss and take out all of the redbar enemies as quickly as possible. As soon as the boss showed up and started tossing fireballs at me, I moved to a new cover location. The NPCs will continue to attack the old spot where they last saw you, so getting to a new position gives time to set up another grenade toss or turret emplacement without taking fire. Turret placement here makes a huge difference - a bad location and the enemies will kill it instantly, a good location and it'll draw fire for several seconds allowing you to thin out the herd, or can keep a flank clear for a quick exit when needed. And when I say moving to a new location, I don't mean moving forward or pushing the enemy. Often, I moved laterally or even back away from the frontline to gain space and time to reconsider my positioning options. If I was ever the target of a fireball, I was in the wrong spot and moved. I remember running between floors at least a couple times to limit NPC sightlines to my position.

I also tend to not sit on the fire button for longer than a split-second. LMGs are all the rage, but I always have found them hard to use because the aim reticle is the size of Texas util you've been firing for a few seconds, and my playstyle is to pop up, fire five to ten bullets and then pop back down. LMGs really force you into a bullet hose style of play and that totally doesn't work for me. I also am in the habit of reloading after -every- kill, which is absolutely the wrong thing to do with an LMG that takes 4 to 6 seconds to reload.

As a duo that mission becomes a LOT easier when you're not getting focus fired on by every NPC on the map.

One of the reasons the Division game works so well for me is that (to me anyway) it feels more strategic in nature with respect to how you approach targets, and technical aim/twitch skill isn't as important as many other shooters.

26904.png
  • PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    The mystery faction ambushed me again, just as I was leaving the White House, so I got a few more details.

I think they may be night only.

The compass turns red, but does not indicate a direction.

There's a shotgun guy who is brutal.

Their grenade guy throws a red mist. Not sure what it does, but you get the confused animation.

Phillishere on
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    The mystery faction ambushed me again, just as I was leaving the White House, so I got a few more details.

Wouldn’t be surprised if they’re expanded in a future DLC and they’re
    Keeners guys.

-Loki- wrote: »

Wouldn’t be surprised if they’re expanded in a future DLC and they’re
    Keeners guys.
    My biggest hesitation with that theory is that they are pretty low-fi - chains, mist bombs, bows, and shotguns - and not the Division tech guys that ran with Keener in the first game. They definitely seem more actively engaged in hunting you. They can be found patrolling, but the general first contact before you start finding other guys around them is an ambush.

• descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    You’ll pry my extended mag from my cold dead hands

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Is there an extended mag for anything not 5.56?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• JRoseyJRosey Registered User regular
    Can I get an invite to the clan? Or at least the name of the clan?

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    JRosey wrote: »

Have you

1) put your name on the sheet

2) requested an invite ingame?

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Is there any way to drop world tiers? I sometimes want to just explore, hunt collectibles, that sort of thing, but it can be exhausting getting more than a few blocks and as world tier goes up I imagine it will only get tougher.

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    The game really needs a sneak toggle. Like a running crouch that’s slower than the jog pace. Reduce the range enemies can see you from in it.

Sometimes you just want to get somewhere without a firefight.

Have you

1) yes
    2) who do I send the request to?

• AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    BTW, story spoilers:
    There was speculation earlier that the vice president 'appeared' to have committed suicide, so it was obviously not actually suicide. Well, I just found a tape of Secret Service agents staging his body after killing him, so yes to that theory.

• StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    The game really needs a sneak toggle. Like a running crouch that’s slower than the jog pace. Reduce the range enemies can see you from in it.

Sometimes you just want to get somewhere without a firefight.
    I've taken to running along the footpaths instead of directly down the middle of the streets. If the radar flashes red, I can pick a side and dodge behind cars or trucks or vans or whatever visual block there might be. Most of the time (not all the time, but more often than not) I can skirt right past the baddies without them noticing me. If I do draw their attention, I generally can sprint past them and continue on. Within a block or so they usually give up (assuming I haven't turned around and engaged).

26904.png
    The Division 1 had a stealthy solo set released post launch, so something similar might be coming later.

• chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular

Have you

1) yes

Search for the clan "Pax Arcadia" and request an invite.

You should be able to sneak via cover. If you slightly move the stick forward there's a slow walk, but it's not as effective. I believe when you're sneaking/on the cusp of being seen into engaged the enemies get the eye above their heads. Sneaking outside of cover seems to work better at night.

Otherwise, you can just sprint and in most cases, tank out the damage (this was easier in Div 1).

Outside of matchmaking down tier, I don't think you can drop tiers. They're supposed to be deliberate, meaningful progression steps (vs Div 1 which was just gearscore and flopping about)... I imagine they may change it at some point though.

Some of the stuff you see happening is fucked in this.

I was running down a street and saw some Outcasts with a civilian on his knees. It wasn’t a Public Execution event, and I had places to be. Then I heard agonised screaming, turned around, and they were flamethrowering the civilian.

I actually felt bad thinking ‘nah they’ll be right until I get back’.

• ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular

Have you

1) yes

Search for the clan "Pax Arcadia" and request an invite.

Aren't we currently full up at 50/50 Clan members? Maybe also look for the overflow Clan.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
    The overflow clan is Woe Bundy.

edited March 2019
    Thank you, request sent. Really seems like that info should be on the OP.

JRosey on
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Sent an invite request to the overflow as Brainling.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
    Spent an hour or so securing the left side of the map, taking control points and hunting down the last SHD caches. Time to move on to the right side of the map.

• DalantiaDalantia Registered User regular
    Had the worst Roosevelt Island hard group tonight, the Outcasts just felt super bullet-spongey; it was taking me multiple 60-round clips to take down a red bar.

steam_sig.png
    DS Friend code: 3840-6605-3406
  • TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    Is there not an easy way to matchmake for side missions? Main mission matchmaking is so good, but I wanna hit the other missions up with a squad.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Mr ObersmithMr Obersmith Registered User regular
    Hey. Been trying to get into the PS4 clan but every time I search for the clan or use the friend's clan option the whole clan interface crashes for me. I'm on the sheet, any chance I can get an invite that way?

Battle.net - Obersmith#1709
    Live - MrObersmith
    PSN - Obersmith
  • Spicy_RevSpicy_Rev Registered User regular
    @TheBlackWind are you matchmaking at the safe house? It has a ton of good options.

Speaking of that, once I am grouped up, is there a fast way to drop out of the group and go back to solo?

• squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    Hey. Been trying to get into the PS4 clan but every time I search for the clan or use the friend's clan option the whole clan interface crashes for me. I'm on the sheet, any chance I can get an invite that way?

I got your request a few days ago and approved it. I'll have to check when I get home but I want to say that it shows that you are in the clan on my end?

oHqYBTXm.jpg
    Spicy_Rev wrote: »
    Can someone tell me what page or where the Clan link is for PSN? Sorry, I was traveling last week and wow, this thread is amazing.

Saw your request last night but didn't have access to the spreadsheet at the time, I'll get you an invite when I get home unless you get approved before.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Spicy_Rev wrote: »
    @TheBlackWind are you matchmaking at the safe house? It has a ton of good options.

Speaking of that, once I am grouped up, is there a fast way to drop out of the group and go back to solo?

Open the social menu, click on your name, then leave group

PSN SeGaTai
  • Mr ObersmithMr Obersmith Registered User regular
    squall99x wrote: »

I got your request a few days ago and approved it. I'll have to check when I get home but I want to say that it shows that you are in the clan on my end?

Thanks. It's really odd because I've been to the clan area and I'm definitely not in one. Still doesn't explain the clan interface crashing though I did see that there was a different bug triggered by using the find friends clan option.

Battle.net - Obersmith#1709
    Live - MrObersmith
    PSN - Obersmith
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    So dailys are broken for me. And have been for like 4 days I think? I swear this game.

Also the clan cache. Like it was reset and I didn't get anything? I'm getting shades of division 1 end game right now.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    So dailys are broken for me. And have been for like 4 days I think? I swear this game.

Also the clan cache. Like it was reset and I didn't get anything? I'm getting shades of division 1 end game right now.

I think they have acknowledged that there is a bug where if you have a daily in progress it wasn't resetting at the daily reset. Should be a fairly easy fix when they patch.

As far as the clan cache - Did you actually completely earn one? They seemed to take a...significant amount of exp to get. And if so did you go loot it from the actual Clan cache box in the BoO? I don't think it goes to your inventory like a field proficiency cache.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
    So like end game wise quick list.

Dailys broken, once you do them they don't refresh, so you can't get blue prints from them or daily experience. Part of this is bounty targets also broken which was a good way of getting points for your spec, so if you cap one you can't easily level up another.

Clan Cache was broken for me, or our clan somehow did not get a bronze cache last week? And if that's the case I feel thats broken as well.

Exotics not in the game right now as a drop, currently there are two that are like creation drop stuff, but no drops.

Challenging difficulty with 4 people at least feels broken with mob hps and mob damage, leading you to have to basically corner camp to complete objectives, if this is the intent than jesus I fear heroic difficulty.

tier 5 not in the game, no indication when it will be in the game but you can see the empty mission at the bottom of the map where you will get tier 5.

I dunno man the gameplay is fun, but there feels like nothing to do at end game right now.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Spoilers the answer if you must- Im around level 18

Does keener ever show back up and tie up div 1 loose ends?

That's right, i'm a division lore nerd..... WHAT OF IT?

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."

Dailys broken, once you do them they don't refresh, so you can't get blue prints from them or daily experience. Part of this is bounty targets also broken which was a good way of getting points for your spec, so if you cap one you can't easily level up another.

Clan Cache was broken for me, or our clan somehow did not get a bronze cache last week? And if that's the case I feel thats broken as well.

Exotics not in the game right now as a drop, currently there are two that are like creation drop stuff, but no drops.

Challenging difficulty with 4 people at least feels broken with mob hps and mob damage, leading you to have to basically corner camp to complete objectives, if this is the intent than jesus I fear heroic difficulty.

tier 5 not in the game, no indication when it will be in the game but you can see the empty mission at the bottom of the map where you will get tier 5.

I dunno man the gameplay is fun, but there feels like nothing to do at end game right now.

Well... you did kinda get there before they finished building the tracks.

Keener mocks you in collectibles because he's a smug villain and can kill you any time, but technically you aren't the same agent so the way he addresses you in said audio logs is... weird.

Keener mocks you in collectibles because he's a smug villain and can kill you any time, but technically you aren't the same agent so the way he addresses you in said audio logs is... weird.

Didn't the opening cutscene establish that you were the New York player character?

Didn't the opening cutscene establish that you were the New York player character?

That didn't look like New York area to me personally. Plus you see Faye Lau...later.

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Mostly agree, but technically, he'd be a target of the entire Division at this point. There are audio logs of how things are going in New York (hey, Benitez!), so him threatening the entire Division isn't too out of bounds.

But, still, mostly agree.

I don't believe so.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
    Yeah its not the same agent, like there are audio logs from new york that state your agent is still up there.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Where is the opening mission of division 2 set?