As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] Maintenance 8/13 when you sleep 8/14 when you wake

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Rikku, I think. That’d be Basch. Most obvious victim of the “holy shit we didn’t put any of that role in this realm.” thing.

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    I went overkill and leveled them up to 99 with a few exceptions. TBH, I do wonder how they'll go about the endgame next. Magicite fights are fun challenges but I think Torments hit the sweet spot.

I hope not. Torments are awful. I resent being forced to pull on every realm despite the fact that some are downright horrible compared to the others. XII I think is one of the worst offenders. Whoever it was that got a Riku usb some what two years late on a recent banner.

oh I meant the puzzle like way you have to figure out the AI just once. Not necessarily the need to pull on all realms.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    FFVI got me Relm’s Jade Bracelet.

Legend Materia that gives her a chance to dualcast White Magic. Not bad. Also, it’s a MND/ATK-focused +Holy bracer. That’s got some wide applications.

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Got Locke's Glint on the VI draw. Nice. Only source of en-fire for him was his BSB2, so this helps save meter.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    RoP got me an AASB!

For...Edgar? Fire/Lightning/Poison is a hell of a weird combo

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    VI: 1/3, no disco. Strago LMR (en-water).

That's pretty good, as I also have his w-cast water LMR, and can go full water magic with his BSB. Not sure if it's worth diving him, though, as these two LMRs are pretty standard for DPS.

edited March 2019
    I’d actually advocate diving him and using one of those two. His LM2 is unique and effective, in my opinion.

Enlong on
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    I’d actually advocate diving him and using one of those two. His LM2 is unique and effective, in my opinion.

I find his LM2 surprisingly nice on Phoenix.

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    1/3 Setzer LMR

which is new, but I'd almost prefer a dupe disco just for stats. I have literally nothing else for him

Jragghen on
    Javen wrote: »
    RoP got me an AASB!

For...Edgar? Fire/Lightning/Poison is a hell of a weird combo

Fire and Lightning for Machinist elements, Bio because people like me will never stop trying to make Bio a thing.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    No one has beaten bio dark Odin yet.

Maybe its waiting for you!!!

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Looks like some preliminary info for JP fest relics is being dug up. Tyro and Elarra are getting Awakenings, as well as Vaan, Penelo, OK, Vivi, Firion, Luneth, Kefka, Yuna, Meia.

A few older ones as well, but basically 3 Awakenings per banner.

• VargVarg Registered User regular
    Setzer BSB/3

Got his USB last month from daily draw and his LMR from last RoP.

Debuffs tend to have less value these days but for content that it still applies to, Setzer is amazeballs

• MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Just Umaro BSB here, a niche I didn't need to have filled.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Holy Magicite, no dark this time.

Dark pickup banner coming, not as good as the dissdia dark banner so might want to wait for that one.
    Ice lucky pickup coming.

Also they heard you like spending $$$ on things so:

4th anniversary : ASB Dream selection
    4th anniversary : USB Dream selection
    4th anniversary : OSB Dream selection
    4th anniversary : BSB Dream selection
    4th anniversary : LMR Dream selection
    4th anniversary : Glint Dream selection

Remember, to check the anima lens system to see if what you want can be had for free.

Soundtrack dungeon *not* translated.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Holy Magicite, no dark this time.

Dark pickup banner coming, not as good as the dissdia dark banner so might want to wait for that one.
    Ice lucky pickup coming.

Also they heard you like spending $$$ on things so:

4th anniversary : ASB Dream selection
    4th anniversary : USB Dream selection
    4th anniversary : OSB Dream selection
    4th anniversary : BSB Dream selection
    4th anniversary : LMR Dream selection
    4th anniversary : Glint Dream selection

Remember, to check the anima lens system to see if what you want can be had for free.

Soundtrack dungeon *not* translated.

At this point only ASB, and select USB and LMR depending on needs, are probably worth it.

There are some badass glints out there too.

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Power up Dungeon buff. Early I think? Extra drops for Majors/Crystals.

edited March 2019
    Oh man, Sundays are going to be full open days? That's pretty cool.
    And all clear rewards are reset for power up dungeons.

Holy magicite seem to be open to all?

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Getting artifacts now is surprising. From the producer letter, they made it sound like Magia and Artifact introduction would be released apart from each other

Oh man, Sundays are going to be full open days? That's pretty cool.
    And all clear rewards are reset for power up dungeons.

Holy magicite seem to be open to all?

Without having to clear the 5* wheel. I don't know why I stressed myself!

So...what's the best way to go about this? Grab a dagger? Go Waifu on Artifacts?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    Note to self: bring Nanaki, Larsa, or Unicorn for Lakshmi.

So...what's the best way to go about this? Grab a dagger? Go Waifu on Artifacts?

Some say to wait until that second batch of artifacts, which are elementally-focuses without requiring Realm Synergy.

• FryFry Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    You get one dagger for free during the tutorial. You can consider getting the MND dagger as a great stat stick for your healers, but otherwise you probably want to save the rest of your artifact picks, IMO

Edit: the dark banner is actually pretty good. No Awakening, so it's not as good as the dissidia one that's coming soon. But it does have a chain, the Ultras are all top notch, and there are good LMRs. Even the bursts are still very usable!

Fry on
    Ok thanks. Just checked reddit too and that seems to be the case. Damn shame because I'd love to swing Ultima Weapon just because. Also this Dark banner is such a tease. I so want to pull Seifer's CSB.

So, next week, Japan is getting new content, in the form of... drumroll please... 6-star Magicite!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_asNhzXq72w

Requires all 5-stars, but not Odin. Apparently there’s a Physical/Magical split again, but there’s only one actual Magicite of each element to collect?

• A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Dang, I was hoping we could convert directly from storage.

Luckily accessories are up for grabs from the start for us. Take that 0%chance to resist status against meaningful content!

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Mother FUCKER

I'm kind of done with Magicite, but if it's 6* we kind of had better get the iconic ones

edited March 2019
    Watch 6 star magicite not have autohit status.

Oh Hubris!

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

welp. at least it'll be like 5* magicite fights with an AI routine. Also, I'm scared on how tough these fights will be! Awakenings + Artifacts + Magia + new 6* Skills?

Enlong wrote: »
    Note to self: bring Nanaki, Larsa, or Unicorn for Lakshmi.

I reread the megathread bout them today, and apparently just DPSing faster lets you skip most of the status effects.

Depending on your Dark magic, I might start with Madeen. Madeen is supposedly not so bad (though I don't know if that applies if you can't break her Savage mode), and you will probably need gobs of copies.

I’ll need to work on my Lakshmi team, for sure. Sephiroth and Gabranth together aren’t knocking her down quick enough to avoid Entice. Possibly that’s because she’s got Haste and Regen; I haven’t yet fit in Dispel on my team. My Dark Chain is Seymour; lucky me has the one that doesn’t have Dispel access.

Also, Nanaki doesn’t even work. Before Entice, she uses Savage Poltergeist to Sap everyone, which eats Astra.

• FryFry Registered User regular
    Luckily accessories are up for grabs from the start for us. Take that 0%chance to resist status against meaningful content!

Eh, now that I have gobs of vault space, I figure I might as well hang on to the status resist stuff in there, just in case.

Fry wrote: »
    You get one dagger for free during the tutorial. You can consider getting the MND dagger as a great stat stick for your healers, but otherwise you probably want to save the rest of your artifact picks, IMO

Edit: the dark banner is actually pretty good. No Awakening, so it's not as good as the dissidia one that's coming soon. But it does have a chain, the Ultras are all top notch, and there are good LMRs. Even the bursts are still very usable!

I think I'm going to grab the Type-0 MND dagger, and maybe the FF3 MAG dagger, this way I have generic ATK/MAG/MND daggers.

Man talk about Overwhelmed. Power up Dungeon rewards reset too.

wow even the Book of Trials reset too?

Hm hm hm. Lakshmi hits 2 folks with Doom via Last Kiss early on. I should hone Reaping Scythe for Sephiroth, so he can do big damage without constantly sacrificing his HP.

This discussion has been closed.