As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX EAST 2019 HOTELS LIVE

• LejicLejic Registered User regular
    sammills wrote: »
    Releasing two Wednesday night Westins, 1 bed if anyone's looking to add

edit: & a full weekend for Seaport

Thank you! I finally now have my full Wednesday-Sunday King Room at the Westin. Had a 2 bed for the Wednesday but had a King for all the others and been refreshing non-stop! Now I can finally stop!

Congrats! :D

Does anybody know what the last date for editing on passkey is? With OnPeak I recall having a specific date for when the reservations would be passed on, so I knew when to give up... I have only some days at Westin, will drop them if it's impossible for me to get the fri-sat I'm missing. Would be nice to have a deadline. :P

• nsanensane That guy with the face. Registered User regular
    Just cancelled a 2 bed room at the Westin for Thurs-Sat nights. Good luck!

wK2XwhV.png
    PAX East 2018: Passes [X], Hotel [X], Airfare [], coin []
  • OcelottOcelott Registered User regular
    I just released A Room @ Yotel Boston for Thurs-Sat

• BigDumbHippyBigDumbHippy Registered User regular
    Just released a Wed-Thursday at the element

• jester44jester44 Registered User regular
    Lejic wrote: »

Thank you! I finally now have my full Wednesday-Sunday King Room at the Westin. Had a 2 bed for the Wednesday but had a King for all the others and been refreshing non-stop! Now I can finally stop!

Does anybody know what the last date for editing on passkey is? With OnPeak I recall having a specific date for when the reservations would be passed on, so I knew when to give up... I have only some days at Westin, will drop them if it's impossible for me to get the fri-sat I'm missing. Would be nice to have a deadline. :P

I just emailed them about this myself, the cutoff is this Thursday the 7th.

• harleyquinn228harleyquinn228 Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    A few Renaissance rooms Wed-Sun about to be re-released. Good luck! =)

*Edit: and one Wed-Sat =)

harleyquinn228 on
  • LejicLejic Registered User regular
    jester44 wrote: »
    Lejic wrote: »

I just emailed them about this myself, the cutoff is this Thursday the 7th.

Thank you! :)

• sammillssammills NJRegistered User regular
    Dropping a Wed - Sun Element! Finally got 2 rooms at the Westin so I'm done with hotel chess lol.

yJyIjnX.png

• craiolacraiola MARegistered User regular
    was able to get a 1 bed at the element but looking for two. So close!

DXLJjjr.png
  • CommanderZimCommanderZim Registered User regular
    If anyone has a Friday and Saturday night double at the Westin, let me know. It's all I need to complete my weekend!

• ScoJoMoScoJoMo Registered User regular
    Just dropped a Westin 1 Bed for the 27th-31st, if anyone's looking.

• Streetlight345Streetlight345 Seekonk, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    I am trying to piece together a double bed stay at the Westin. If anyone is thinking about dropping some nights, let me know. I will be dropping a double bed at the Seaport Wednesday to Sunday if I am successful.

Streetlight345 on
    OgqpDBS.png
    PAX East 2019!
    Badges [X] Hotel [X] Time off request [X]
    https://www.pinnypals.com/pals/Streetlight345
  • tipsy_tommotipsy_tommo Registered User regular
    Has anyone gotten a confirmation from the actual hotel yet?

• MephistoN7MephistoN7 Sexual Tyrannosaurus Keene, NHRegistered User regular

Not sure if it will follow the same protocol since it's a different site this year, but past years for me have always been the week before that I'll receive a confirmation email.

Although last year I also got a phone call.

erdub14zr3u2.png

• Bunta_FujiwaraBunta_Fujiwara Albany, NYRegistered User regular
    MephistoN7 wrote: »

Not sure if it will follow the same protocol since it's a different site this year, but past years for me have always been the week before that I'll receive a confirmation email.

Although last year I also got a phone call.

I called the Westin and waiting for a return call. All reservations we're being sent out March 11th, so I'm hoping they are in.

zmYaVYP.png
  • SKEETERSKEETER Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Has anyone who has stayed at Element ever cooked in their rooms with the kitchenettes? Looking for ideas :P If there is a better forum for this question, please direct me. Thanks!

SKEETER on
  • jester44jester44 Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    SKEETER wrote: »
    Has anyone who has stayed at Element ever cooked in their rooms with the kitchenettes? Looking for ideas :P If there is a better forum for this question, please direct me. Thanks!

I've never actually cooked in the room, but I can say that the kitchen is STOCKED. There's pots and pans, plates, cutlery, utensils like spatulas and such, salt and pepper. You'd definitely be able to cook quite a bit as long as you bring all of the ingredients (we were thinking it'd be perfect for making a bunch of pasta or something).

jester44 on
  • ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    Has anyone who has stayed at Element ...
    We loved it. We brought fixings to make a fresh pot of chili and hot sandwiches etc. The fridge is a decent size as well. It was nice eating with real cutlery too.

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • falknessfalkness Registered User regular

We made dinner every night last year. Burgers, pasta, chicken

Anyone get hotel confirmations yet? I am staying at the Element and feel like with OnPeak, I always had my confirmation by now. This new site sucked, so now I am getting worried.

• ScoJoMoScoJoMo Registered User regular
    falkness wrote: »
    Anyone get hotel confirmations yet? I am staying at the Element and feel like with OnPeak, I always had my confirmation by now. This new site sucked, so now I am getting worried.

Still waiting for confirmation from the Westin here, as well. I have 2 reservations that I need to merge, but can't yet because I have no confirmations.

• NFGNFG NintendoFanGirl Registered User regular
    ScoJoMo wrote: »

Still waiting for confirmation from the Westin here, as well. I have 2 reservations that I need to merge, but can't yet because I have no confirmations.

Same exact situation, except that I called Connections last week and after some phone tag was told that they'd be able to merge the reservations as long as I left some information via voicemail (which I did), and I now have no reassurance or confidence that the reservations will be merged. :(

S2ieAvx.png
  • havok978havok978 Baltimore, MdRegistered User regular

Nope. In the past, I was able to look up the reservation using my credit card number on the reservation, but since the Marriott merger with SPG and everything moving over to Marriott's system, you need the confirmation number to look up the reservation. I fired off an email to the Aloft but in the meantime I'm just waiting.

XyqJPIp.png
  • yutani sanyutani san MaineRegistered User regular

Also waiting for my confirmation from the element. Its getting closer and Im getting nervous. If I don't hear Wednesday I will be calling them.

• jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    I've seen nothing from my one night at Renaissance or the two nights at Seaport either.

• DrusycDrusyc Registered User regular
    Just dropped a 2 bed aloft wed-sat if anyone is still looking.

• RejectedSparkRejectedSpark Registered User new member
    So I actually need to cancel my bookings. I have Element 28-30 and Omni 30-1. Months ago, connections e-mailed me threatening to cancel both because I had two bookings. I pointed out they were different places for different dates. The response was this was 'noted'. A couple of weeks ago, I got another email threatening the same thing, but we're in the middle of settling a house purchase and I didn't have time to respond. I also didn't mind if they cancelled because we're settling on PAX weekend (I'm sad, but house trumps PAX).

I finally had a chance to deal with this yesterday, but the connections website didn't recognize my login. I went through a password reset, and instead of sending me a reset email, I got confirmation emails that all my bookings were cancelled. Okayyyy... I responded to the cancel threat email to check that was really the case, but then a few hours later was alerted by my bank that Omni charged my card for the one night deposit. Gah! And to top it off, no response to my email to connections. Connections hasn't sent out any details of confirmation numbers at the actual hotels, so can't deal with them directly without a lot of explanation.

This company is such a shitshow. I really hope we don't see them again next year.

• ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    I am in the element. I called Saturday directly to the hotel to merge 3 reservations ‘no problem’ per the staff. I got 2 emails with hotel confirmations for 2 of my 3 reservations. They had the wrong room type and 1 instead of 4 adults. I called the hotel Sunday and after an hour with the Elite services they could still not locate nor rebook my missing 3rd reservation. Gave me all sorts of other confirmation numbers and told me to call the hotel today. I called today and they have no idea who I talked to Saturday because the confirmation numbers in the email he sent don’t mean anything, and they see my original 3 reservations Anyway. Never in my life have I worked and stressed out so hard as I have over this hotel mess. I’m just glad I finally got a verbal confirmation number for each night but they might not be able to merge the rooms and I’ll need new keys each ‘check out’ day ..... not impressed

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • MarinoMarino Giant Bomb Moderator / League of Heels Webmaster Macon, GARegistered User regular
    Where's the petition I need to sign to bring back OnPeak?

• Jer1ch0Jer1ch0 Registered User regular
    As an FYI I called them and Westin waterfront has the reservations. I had a 27-28 two double and a 28-1 King and they were able to make sure both reso's are a King bed but could not merge the reservation. Worst case I need to go to front desk and have my key reactivated in same room for rest of stay. Could be worse. I would say start calling your hotels now so any issues are resolved in the next week.

dr5jolvtc9bn.png

• lauren0rzlauren0rz Registered User regular
    Called to confirm with the Element, and she resent the reservation confirmation email. I'm hoping that the primary issue (while still crappy) is one of communication (or lack thereof) rather than any actual reservation problems. Obviously with so many people booking rooms our experiences will differ, but IMO it was quite smooth with OnPeak the last few years. Don't know why the switch but I haven't been impressed with the new website UI, the actual booking process, or the communication thereafter.

qtjvjrS.png
    I also called the Element and the front desk was able to confirm that my reservations are in.

• harleyquinn228harleyquinn228 Registered User regular
    I know there will be a lot of these posts, but I think it's good to know the different obstacles everyone is facing.

I just called the Weston. It was hard to hear/understand the lady on the other end. She seemed, not prepared for my issue, so I guess they haven't been getting that many calls. It wasn't difficult, but she also wasn't super helpful or explanatory. I gave her the Acknowledgement number I had from the reservation system email, (which is not the official confirmation,) my check in date and my name etc, and she gave me the confirmation number. I then went online to check the reservation, and it only had me listed, not my husband, and also had my billing address as the hotel's address, and no credit card info. I'm not sure what the hell happened, and if they never pushed the res over to the Weston till I called or what, but it's all screwy. So bottom line, start calling your hotels and make sure you actually have a place to sleep.

To be fair, I rarely ever got a confirmation from the Westin in previous years for some reason even when I included my SPG number, but I was still able to look it up, so having to get it myself wasn't exactly unusual this year with new system. But I called the Aloft and got it, so that's one less thing to worry about. Now I just need to actually start packing.

XyqJPIp.png
  • yutani sanyutani san MaineRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Update - I still had not heard anything from the Element, so I called them. Their directory is a little weird and I got a mailbox that was full, so somehow I got back to the main line, pressed 1 then 4 and got a super helpful dude.

He asked my name, confirmed the dates, said they did have my reservation and he offered to e-mail me the confirmation while we were on the phone. I received it and am all set. I recommend if you are like me and just want to be sure to give them a call. They were super nice and helpful, and one less things to stress about :)

yutani san on
  • RejectedSparkRejectedSpark Registered User new member
    Got a response from connections that they haven't sent out confirmation numbers because the hotels didn't give them any. Huh?

• ViolentMustardViolentMustard Registered User regular
    yutani san wrote: »
    Update - I still had not heard anything from the Element, so I called them. Their directory is a little weird and I got a mailbox that was full, so somehow I got back to the main line, pressed 1 then 4 and got a super helpful dude.

He asked my name, confirmed the dates, said they did have my reservation and he offered to e-mail me the confirmation while we were on the phone. I received it and am all set. I recommend if you are like me and just want to be sure to give them a call. They were super nice and helpful, and one less things to stress about :)

Same - I just got through to the front desk (Kenny, super nice) and he was able to confirm the reservation and room type and added my Marriott rewards info as well.

• NFGNFG NintendoFanGirl Registered User regular
    I can't help but notice that we still have access to make changes to our rooms on the Connections site (# of guests, etc). I have to assume none of this would be sent back to the main hotel at this point, right? I have some serious concerns about this company. I'm trying to wait to call the Westin because Connections has already told me they were trying to work with my reservation, but it's been 2 weeks and I'm not sure what to do at this point to fix my reservations without breaking anything.

S2ieAvx.png
  • Jer1ch0Jer1ch0 Registered User regular
    NFG wrote: »
    I can't help but notice that we still have access to make changes to our rooms on the Connections site (# of guests, etc). I have to assume none of this would be sent back to the main hotel at this point, right? I have some serious concerns about this company. I'm trying to wait to call the Westin because Connections has already told me they were trying to work with my reservation, but it's been 2 weeks and I'm not sure what to do at this point to fix my reservations without breaking anything.

I would call the westin - at this point the reservations have been handed over. You could at least see if they have your records.

dr5jolvtc9bn.png

NFG wrote: »

At this point, I would just call the hotel directly. I think its pretty safe to say by the way we've all been calling our hotels and getting our own confirmations that the information has more than likely been transferred over at this point. I would much rather speak directly to the hotel than take a chance making changes with Connections and none of those updates are sent to the hotel. This is the thing that confuses me though about this new system. I go to a lot of cons, and usually there's some kind of clearly stated cut off point on the reservation that's like "Make your changes by <x> date or contact the hotel directly after that point." If I hadn't been looking at the small paragraph on the website a couple of weeks ago that stated everything would be down on I think the 8th or 11th to send to the hotels, I would still think they're taking and modifying reservations right up to the last minute right now. I know OnPeak took last minute reservations as well, but I felt like at least it seemed a bit more clear that previous reservations were sent to the hotel and this is basically a first come, first serve of what remained available. I also noticed, as someone else previously pointed out, when I checked my confirmation, literally nothing was on it but my name. I had to reenter my billing info and my rewards number, etc. It just all seems very weird, like they're not entirely sure what they're doing, but its just so happening to work out anyway.

XyqJPIp.png