As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Overwatch] Workshop now included.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    130 + 130 = 260 therefore 250hp torb is balance

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    I must know the mystery behind this math.

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    Chance wrote: »
    I must know the mystery behind this math.

*laughs in australian*

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Chance, there needs to be some heroes that can’t be one clipped by Tracer. I know it must hurt, but it’s the truth.

• Options
    Chance, there needs to be some heroes that can’t be one clipped by Tracer. I know it must hurt, but it’s the truth.

WHAT.

3easr9tja3sg.gif

• Options
    soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    I like baptiste a lot

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Hot take: he’s the first new character in a while that I haven’t cared for

• Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    I only play cute waifus.

Question for a friend does thinking Orisa is cute make them a furry this is important.

• Options
    MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    Lukewarm take: I have felt a lot of different emotions re Baptiste and I still have no clue how I really feel about him yet.

Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    Now that i'm used to his gun i'm enjoying him. Still getting used to his immortality field though, quite powerful if no one shoots it.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    soylenth wrote: »
    Now that i'm used to his gun i'm enjoying him. Still getting used to his immortality field though, quite powerful if no one shoots it.

That’s the trick, isn’t it

• Options
    At my level no one shoots it...also 1v1 vs a bad doom fist is hilarious with him

• Options
    BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    I wish his smg actually felt good to shoot. It's very unsatisfying.

My favorite thing about Baptiste so far is when someone on the enemy team plays as him and drops the immortality drone before a small engagement and where no one is really doing enough lethal damage for it to matter in time. It gives them a false sense of confidence and it lets me completely ignore it.

• Options
    I think the duration on immortality field needs to be dropped. If your team won't help kill it, as it's got a 20 sec CD and lasts 10 secs, that thing can be up 50% of the time and it is ult-powerful.

I was amazed how rarely my team shot the generator last night.

• Options
    I think the duration on immortality field needs to be dropped. If your team won't help kill it, as it's got a 20 sec CD and lasts 10 secs, that thing can be up 50% of the time and it is ult-powerful.

I mean, if no one shoots a Rein shield its uptime is 100%...

Players adjusting to new skills is par for the course. Hell it's part of the fun!

I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    It's way too soon to be calling for a nerf based on a lack of player response to a new character's abilities.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Musicool wrote: »

Players adjusting to new skills is par for the course. Hell it's part of the fun!

That's actually what I told myself, but I don't think a Rein/Orisa/Winston bubble is equivalent. This thing stops killing blows lol - it's an ult-quality skill. Baptistes are gettin' cards for 7-14 deaths prevented per match - that's more lives kept on the field than Valk 1.0 Mercy rezzes.

Edit: right now a big part of it is teams absolutely not shooting the generator. He feels a bit Torb-esque where the best counter play at the moment is... kill him before he uses it.

Chance on
  • Options
    Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
    Musicool wrote: »

That's actually told myself, but I don't think a Rein/Orisa/Winston bubble is equivalent. This thing stops killing blows lol - it's an ult-quality skill. Baptistes are gettin' cards for 7-14 deaths prevented per match - that's more lives kept on the field than Valk 1.0 Mercy rezzes.

People will learn to deal with the generator. It's immobile, pretty big, and doesn't have a whole lot of health for something that's both of those. It can also be disabled by hacking. Less than a day isn't even close to enough time to see how Baptiste actually changes the game.

Discord: TimIsOnTheInternet#0056
    Steam: TimIsOnSteam
    Battle.net: TimIsOnBnet#1745
    Switch: SW-7012-4788-7410
    PSN: TimIsOnTheNet
  • Options
    Well I approach balance in 1v1 terms usually, and the thing basically means you have to now deal at least 450 damage to kill the Baptiste. It's a bit much for a support that also has Moon Boots, perhaps.

Also I don't think release is too early for such discussions - this is when these discussions can start, isn't it? As I recall when Brig was released some people had the gall to be a bit incredulous about Shield Bash having a 5 sec cooldown.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    it's not a 1v1 game tho

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Tell that to the other 5 players on my team ignoring the immortality gen lol

• Options
    Tim is on the InternetTim is on the Internet On the Internet Edmonton, ABRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    I'm not saying it's too early to talk about it, but that we don't fully know what the discussion should be yet. Also, yeah, Gnome found your problem. Teammates can absolutely be just the silliest geese but it doesn't make sense to try to balance this game 1v1. While just as frustrating, what you're experiencing is a player issue, not a balance one.

Tim is on the Internet on
    Discord: TimIsOnTheInternet#0056
    Steam: TimIsOnSteam
    Battle.net: TimIsOnBnet#1745
    Switch: SW-7012-4788-7410
    PSN: TimIsOnTheNet
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Y'know, I don't really think those jump boots are that relevant, at least to the 1v1 against a dps. Sure they can be an escape, but only once you somehow survive sitting around in an approximately Torb shaped hit box for a second. And then a split second on a semi-predictable arc.

How many Doomfists stand around max-charge punching against anyone with decent damage and a full mag? The dead ones, that's how many.

Musicool on
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    It's an ult-quality skill that lasts for 10 seconds on a 20 second CD. This is like if Mercy could Valk for 50% of the time on the field, except this is more powerful than Valk. I deploys in less time than it takes the fuse on a Pulse Bomb to go off.

This is the kinda' skill that should last for 1.5 seconds - just enough to save your team from a D.Va bomb or Junk tire. Just because they gave it an "off" switch the enemy team can punch with bullets doesn't make it balanced.

I need my coffee.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Chance, somewhere, in some game, a Tracer dies every time someone on the internet cherrypicks and misrepresents the differences in two skills/heroes in order to make a skewed apples-to-apples comparison.

Do you want Tracers to die?

I do.

But do you? Do you?

Musicool on
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Tracers die every day, Musicool - but no death is more painful than the death of the spirit that comes when one frantically rings the bells of warning, only to find the townspeople are deaf.

Deaaaf!

Chance on
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    soylenth wrote: »
    I like baptiste a lot
    Hot take: he’s the first new character in a while that I haven’t cared for

I like him a lot, actually, and see him as kind of like the Skill Upgrade version of Mercy. That is, unlike Mercy he can heal and dps literally simultaneously (the gap between the 3-tap burst allows you to fire a heal nade without losing DPS), his heals-per-second are a bit better than Mercy's, but it's harder for him to hit airborne targets, and here's the kicker: he's the only other primary healer with powerful mobility.

Like I know Moira's got fade, but that's not really a mobility skill in the same way GA, Super Boots and Wall Ride are, I feel.

I feel like Babptiste is the upgrade for Mercy mains who feel they've gotten gud.

Edit: I also like that he's got a big thick hitbox.

Chance on
  • Options
    Mercy is most defs feeling more and more vestigial. To me at least, someone who basically never plays Mercy. :P

I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    And she's described in-game as "a peerless healer." Ironies abound.

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Yes but mercy still has one thing no other healer has yet: a skin with pigtails.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    qipbz0f3jryx.jpg

• Options
    I just played the most exhilarating clown fiesta of an Overwatch match. I think I had fun? Lots and lots in fact. But I'm also done for the night and if I were a smoker I'd need a ciggie to calm down.

I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Options
    (Deep breath. Clears throat.)

Yyyuss! At 3:42. That's me!

https://youtu.be/JHQFwugndQ4

I've loved Rapida's vids since I first started playing OW. This is a huge deal for me. Woo!

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    You really feel Baptiste's lack of self-healing, it's going to be like Ana where playing him with Zen or Brigitte in solo queue is dicey

• Options
    Yeah he’s a major target and that self-heal is on a criminally long cooldown.

• Options
    I'm very grateful that his self-heal is so crappy.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    The thing about Mercy that's still really strong is your other healer can totally ignore you and you don't care. Angela keeps the good shit for herself

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    His boots are the best part of his kit and it's not close.

• Options
    SirToasty wrote: »
    His boots are the best part of his kit and it's not close.

They're a huge strength, absolutely, and it (finally) gives us a second primary healer who doesn't suffer from Moira and Ana's lack of vertical mobility, but I'm still thinkin' the best part of his kit is the 20-second cooldown that makes it impossible to kill his teammates and lasts twice as long as Sound Barrier or Trance, or five times as long as any tank's clutch single-target lifesaving ability like Matrix or Projected Barrier.

And now, I solemnly promise, I am gonna' do my best to stop bitching about this (until they nerf it and I can say "I told you so!")

I'll probably fail, but I swear I'll try my best. Promise.

• Options
    RoeRoe Always to the East Registered User regular
    Baptiste does crazy healing. I mean, I was able to hold teams back before they moved the objective and watch them melt healing.

oHw5R0V.jpg
This discussion has been closed.