As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Whatever happened to the [TV] Thread?

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I love how within three episodes, you can already see bladesmith archetypes emerging

1) weird dad smith

2) teenage ren faire dirtbag smith

3) doesn't-have-time-for-your-bullshit lady smith

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    I love how within three episodes, you can already see bladesmith archetypes emerging

1) weird dad smith

1EUalRH.png

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    She invented the nike swoosh you know

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »

1) weird dad smith

There was one episode that had a dumb as a rock 19 year old bodybuilder smith

He delivered a talking head promo where he said "Smithing is basically the same as bodybuilding. Because you have to focus in both. And uh

Uh

Ah, shit."

He made it to the finals but got disqualified before testing because he didn't make the right kind of blade. He finished A DAY EARLY and just sat around on his last day.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    IvanIssacsIvanIssacs Skull Leader SDF-1Registered User regular
    They wanted a RECURVE blade or whatever it was for that final challenge. That look of disappointment on his face was kinda great.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »

Well you're definitely not straight

...zi

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Wait what are the orders

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular

I need to know how this algorithm works.

Like, if you watch Riverdale & Sabrina, you probably accrue gay points.

But watching FRIENDS gives you straight points.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    If it starts with Sonnie's Edge, you're gay, and if it starts with Aquila Rift, you're straight.

Later in the thread, he goes into it probably not actually being this, and rather just being a random chance thing (and even if it is an algorithm, it's definitely based on more than just perceived sexuality). But whatever, it's fun.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    If you read more tweets from that same guy you will see that he recants that statement. The order is just random.

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    huh guess their algorithm pinned me correctly, Sonnie's Edge first up

• Options
    Netflix says that the order is random. I'm not entirely convinced, myself.

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    If it starts with Sonnie's Edge, you're gay, and if it starts with Aquila Rift, you're straight.

Later in the thread, he goes into it probably not actually being this, and rather just being a random chance thing (and even if it is an algorithm, it's definitely based on more than just perceived sexuality). But whatever, it's fun.

Probably random chance. Sounds like A|B testing.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    whatever is posted on the internet is true

but false

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular

Huh.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    We finished Mrs. Maisel season 2 over the weekend, and I really liked it. It was stronger than the first season, went some pretty crazy places, and had a lot of genuinely impressive cinematography and scene construction. It did some seriously cool stuff with long takes and interesting framing that I never would have expected from a comedy show. Granted, it's still basically about the usual AS-P material covering the troubles of rich white people, but at least the added focus on Susie this season kind of put a lot of that stuff in more stark contrast.

I was a little disappointed that Rose's rather significant arc through the first 4 episodes gets pretty much totally dropped after about the midway point in the season.

The road trip episode definitely stood out as a highlight, and rang way too true for me.

This show's alright.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    whatever is posted on the internet is true

but false
    It's one of the fundamental rules of the internet that nothing is true and everything is permitted.

• Options
    WheatBun01WheatBun01 Face It, Tiger Registered User regular
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    We finished Mrs. Maisel season 2 over the weekend, and I really liked it. It was stronger than the first season, went some pretty crazy places, and had a lot of genuinely impressive cinematography and scene construction. It did some seriously cool stuff with long takes and interesting framing that I never would have expected from a comedy show. Granted, it's still basically about the usual AS-P material covering the troubles of rich white people, but at least the added focus on Susie this season kind of put a lot of that stuff in more stark contrast.

I was a little disappointed that Rose's rather significant arc through the first 4 episodes gets pretty much totally dropped after about the midway point in the season.

The road trip episode definitely stood out as a highlight, and rang way too true for me.

This show's alright.

yeah i think season 2 is much better than 1

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    alright that Stranger Things trailer was really good

mainly because Baba O'Riley is a really good song, but still

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Love Death and Robots may not think I'm gay, but it certainly thinks I'm 14.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular

Huh, from the description it sounds kind of expensive (George Washington Black is a young slave who is chosen as the personal servant of Jules Verne type character and they travel around the world), that seems like a lot for a 2018 book. Maybe they'll just film it all on a soundstage lol

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I'm very down for some 19th century hot-air-balloon shenanigans.

• Options
    kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    So I'm seeing commercials on Hulu now for a show called The Village, which appears to theoretically be a heartwarming ensemble drama. And it starts out with a woman talking to, I'm guessing, her daughter

"At 18, I didn't know how to crotchet a heart, so I gave birth to mine"

What

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular

Huh.

I mean, I'm very happily married to my wife.

But last night when we were discussing which celebrity we'd met would be the best choice for a threeseome I did suggest Ricky Whittle, so......¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    tynic wrote: »

Yet you won't accept my challenge to race around the world.
    Curious

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    McFodder wrote: »

Huh.

But last night when we were discussing which celebrity we'd met would be the best choice for a threeseome I did suggest Ricky Whittle, so......¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ricky Whittle transcends gender preference.
    tynic wrote: »

Yet you won't accept my challenge to race around the world.
    Curious

Time machine back to 1890 included or no deal

• Options
    McFodder wrote: »

Huh.

That's fair.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Well it got me right

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »

Huh, from the description it sounds kind of expensive (George Washington Black is a young slave who is chosen as the personal servant of Jules Verne type character and they travel around the world), that seems like a lot for a 2018 book. Maybe they'll just film it all on a soundstage lol
    Do it Sky Captain of the World of Tomorrow style.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Mr. G wrote: »
    We have been watching old Survivor and I am reminded of my old desires to see Rupert murder everyone

"Mr. G"

Are you watchin' Pearl Islands?

'Cause dang, what a season

My girlfriend’s never seen any Survivor, so we’re watching my old favorite seasons, so we watched the first one, then she wanted to see some of those people again so we watched All-Stars, and then she loved Rupert so now we’re watching Pearl Islands

I am going to get emblazened on my family crest the ancient adage “Everyone Sucks But Rupert”

Our Lord and Savior Sandra Diaz Twine is pretty alright

You gonna hit her with that Heroes vs. Villains? I'm pretty sure it's the best season of reality television ever, and if you catch me on the right night, I can argue that it's the best season of any television.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I gotta say it's weird to see people so into Survivor

No shade at all, but I can now say that there are maybe three people I've seen or heard talk about Survivor in the last 15 years and they're all right here on this forum

I love your enthusiasm even if I don't understand it

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Costume quest is ok.

Like I don't know why they split the season in half they haven't really advanced any plot .
    The main bad guy is basically Jimmy Pesto though

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

No shade at all, but I can now say that there are maybe three people I've seen or heard talk about Survivor in the last 15 years and they're all right here on this forum

to be the ultimate survivor one must OUTLAST

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    If I had more free time and people to watch it with, I would happily jump back into Big Brother.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Getting into the final third of season 2, The Expanse continues to gradually get more and more engaging and interesting in about the slowest of slow burn ways. I think my favorite characters at this point are two of the ones I kind of hated the most at the beginning of the show: Amos and Chrisjen. The show is even getting me to start to come around on Draper.

And Chrisjen pretty much won me over with her delivery on the "Wherever I god damn like" line.

minor incident on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Well, since ST1 was Alien and ST2 was Aliens, I'm expecting ST3 to have Eleven in a planetary prison defeating the last Demogorgon.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

I feel this way about all reality TV outside of Nailed It. And that one Wife Swap show that had the chubby theatrical entitled kid, who loved bacon, and ran away with his tiny briefcase. That one hit home.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
This discussion has been closed.