As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] Maintenance 8/13 when you sleep 8/14 when you wake

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Realm Synergy equipment boosts vary based on rarity of the weapon, don't they? Is there a good rule of thumb for how close in att/mag a weapon needs to be to worth keeping?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    You can simulate synergy on your equipment to check if its worth keeping. I'm not aware of the math but presumably its out there somewhere.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• FryFry Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Brody wrote: »
    Realm Synergy equipment boosts vary based on rarity of the weapon, don't they? Is there a good rule of thumb for how close in att/mag a weapon needs to be to worth keeping?

If you're not currently in a dungeon, you can turn on the "Synergy Simulator" in-game to see the exact stats of your weapon/armor under synergy. Go into the sorting options, it's on the other tab.

(Synergy boost varies based on the base and maximum stats of the item in question, so it's literally different for every item. If you don't want to mess with it in-game, you can also check out the community spreadsheet, which also has a synergy simulator)

Fry on
  • DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Hm hm hm. Lakshmi hits 2 folks with Doom via Last Kiss early on. I should hone Reaping Scythe for Sephiroth, so he can do big damage without constantly sacrificing his HP.

If the team is stacked enough to cap, I've always preferred Dread Weapon to ease the strain on a solo healer.

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Ugh, the FF2 Torment, and corresponding 6* abilities aren't until April 24th. That's a long ways away for Chain Tornado, Holyja, and the two Darkness abilities.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Darklyre wrote: »
    Enlong wrote: »
    Hm hm hm. Lakshmi hits 2 folks with Doom via Last Kiss early on. I should hone Reaping Scythe for Sephiroth, so he can do big damage without constantly sacrificing his HP.

If the team is stacked enough to cap, I've always preferred Dread Weapon to ease the strain on a solo healer.

Might do, might do. I still want Sephirorh to have some form of HP sacrifice, to trigger his Trance.

I’m first trying to decide if I should boot Gabranth in favor of Riku. Riku’s got an Arcane, and Gabranth’s Heavy-focuses Bubsy may not be needed if Sephiroth can just break Lakshmi’s rages with his USB2 effect.

Enlong on
    Ugh, the FF2 Torment, and corresponding 6* abilities aren't until April 24th. That's a long ways away for Chain Tornado, Holyja, and the two Darkness abilities.

FFFF.

That’s a real tease. About as bad as the gap between Syldra and Icy Offering.

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    And now to remember which weapons/armors I wanted to get rid of >_>

• LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    Haven't even tried to sort weapons/armor yet, but did ditch a ton of accessories I really didn't need. So nice to have some storage space. Haven't even touched my vault yet.

Jragghen wrote: »

I lock everything I want to keep, even in the vault.

How do augments work on split Att/Mag weapons? Deathbringer (XII) specifically in this case?

Also, not that this is new or surprising in any way, but how is it that Vayne's USB has as much Att as a 7* Cloud USB?

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular

Soo satisfying going through the vault and mulching stuff for Rainbow shards.
    How do augments work on split Att/Mag weapons? Deathbringer (XII) specifically in this case?

Also, not that this is new or surprising in any way, but how is it that Vayne's USB has as much Att as a 7* Cloud USB?

Whichever of ATK/MAG is higher naturally should get the augment bonus.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    You can see the augment symbol on where the stat they land on if you open the item.
    Man Magia gets really really slow really really fast.

Luckily I only needed 21 to get Elarra to 600 MND. They are nice and start every character off with one point. The interface for distributing points is kind of annoying to work with though.

You may want to consider not fully maxing your artifacts as the last ~10 or so stat points take the majority of the crystals and if you are free to play the rainbow crystals will be the choke point. We will get an artifact thingy every event now.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

So if its the lower stat on the item, it just doesn't get the benefit?

Redditors reporting that the cheapest of the "Newcomer Dungeons" still occasionally drop 1* equipment, so you can farm a little bit of rainbow before that gets patched.

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    You can see the augment symbol on where the stat they land on if you open the item.

Luckily I only needed 21 to get Elarra to 600 MND. They are nice and start every character off with one point. The interface for distributing points is kind of annoying to work with though.

You may want to consider not fully maxing your artifacts as the last ~10 or so stat points take the majority of the crystals and if you are free to play the rainbow crystals will be the choke point. We will get an artifact thingy every event now.

What's the best level to stop at? I'm thinking about picking up a few for some realms I just don't have good SB/Relics (14, 0 and 3).

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg

What's the best level to stop at? I'm thinking about picking up a few for some realms I just don't have good SB/Relics (14, 0 and 3).

Magia? There's diminishing returns.

It's ~400 battles to 100 points
    1200 to 200 points
    2100 to 300 points

Further diminishing returns after that.

Level 33 is the figure I saw. At this point it is better than everything else but still cheap to achieve. Might want to save lithographs for the elemental artifacts coming next. Especially with 6★ Magicite announced.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

So Madeen is the "want like 50 copies" magicite, right?

oh noes...don't make me invest in the Dark pick up banner. I know I need a Dark Chain but...so many Dupes for me in that banner.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg

oh noes...don't make me invest in the Dark pick up banner. I know I need a Dark Chain but...so many Dupes for me in that banner.

Honestly wouldn't help much, I think? Most of those are physical.

Personally I'm planning on copies with:
    ATK x2
    MAG x2
    MND x2
    HP boon/Blade Ward

Maybe some specialized one depending on how my decks turn out.

Honestly wouldn't help much, I think? Most of those are physical.

I just need the CSB. I already have Seifer's USB and BSB, Sice's BSB and Nabaat's USB.

Fry wrote: »

If you're not currently in a dungeon, you can turn on the "Synergy Simulator" in-game to see the exact stats of your weapon/armor under synergy. Go into the sorting options, it's on the other tab.

(Synergy boost varies based on the base and maximum stats of the item in question, so it's literally different for every item. If you don't want to mess with it in-game, you can also check out the community spreadsheet, which also has a synergy simulator)

Wow, so, synergy is a significantly larger boost than I had assumed. Fucking Magic Comb, a hairpin for Nanaki, has 201 attack w/ synergy, up from 115...

Wow, so, synergy is a significantly larger boost than I had assumed. Fucking Magic Comb, a hairpin for Nanaki, has 201 attack w/ synergy, up from 115...

The freebie Man Eater V artifact you just got will have more attack than that in any realm with a whopping two rainbow thingers installed, which is one draw's worth of trash. You can probably dump the hairpin.

The freebie Man Eater V artifact you just got will have more attack than that in any realm with a whopping two rainbow thingers installed, which is one draw's worth of trash. You can probably dump the hairpin.

Holy shit thats a lot...

The new name for that material is now rainbow thingers. I like how instead of lithographs we get artifact stoness. Harry Potter and the Philsopher's Stone all over again.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

The new name for that material is now rainbow thingers. I like how instead of lithographs we get artifact stoness. Harry Potter and the Philsopher's Stone all over again.

I still wish that Earthen Rebuke had been named Philisopher’s Stone.

• IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    man this is too many systems...like, damn. hard to keep track of everything.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
    Ilpala wrote: »
    man this is too many systems...like, damn. hard to keep track of everything.

I feel like we're going to absorb things a bit over time, yeah.

Also, if there's a weapon we had previously rosetta'd, it's better to keep that around and feed it into another weapon we want to rosetta instead of putting that into rainbow crystals, right?

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Does 1 Magia point invested into a crystal translate to 1 of that stat? IE 1 point invested into Might gives 1 attack? How does that work with elemental attack/resist?

Yes for stats for element I think it’s Magia 100=10 stat

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

How do people sort which armor to keep? I feel like 90% of the time I'm only using the same 10-15 armor pieces...

How do people sort which armor to keep? I feel like 90% of the time I'm only using the same 10-15 armor pieces...

I keep all elemental boost armor and combine them if I have more than enough to outfit a full team. I'll also keep any 6* armors for realm synergy.

I have a spreadsheet and second guess myself constantly.

Which isn't a useful answer :v

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Hoo boy, spent a bunch of time mulching stuff for rainbow crystals, and I barely scratched my inventory. This is going to take some time.

Though it's a good exercise, I apparently forgot to log a few relics to my spreadsheet so good chance to catch up and update.

Well, I grabbed the free V dagger, plus 0 and 3, leveled each of them to 25 (215 of main stat), and I have 169 rainbow thingies left over. I feel like thats not too bad, and also I should probably go through and clean up my accessories a little.

If anything think about tossing elsmental boost weapons. We don’t have legendary armor coming anytime soon so you can’t replace that +eel armor.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

I'm just tossing stuff because it feels good (and some of it is reeeeally old). I actually kind of wish I could sell some of my inv space back for more mythril, or maybe rainbow chips. I went from 370+/400 to 283/400.

There's a bunch of LMR I'm gonna shard. But man...when I look at the old Core Unique SBs...shit I should learn them before sharding them.

This discussion has been closed.